British detectives fly to Portugal

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see different LE agency's not sharing information or files with each other. I've heard of it happening here in the US. Some cops don't like other cops "stepping on their turf".

That could be what happened here.

I can see different LE agency's not sharing information or files with each other. I've heard of it happening here in the US. Some cops don't like other cops "stepping on their turf".

That could be what happened here.

The McCanns allegedly knew about it, I find it difficult that SY wasn't fully aware... If it's actually even true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The McCanns allegedly knew about it, I find it difficult that SY wasn't fully aware... If it's actually even true.

Civilians being aware of crimes is not the same as a LE agency sharing confidential files with another LE agency.

Allowing Scotland Yard to review certain Portuguese police files that could be related to Madeleine's disappearance is a good thing in my opinion. Maybe SY can take information from this dossier and develop more leads or suspects from it.

Civilians being aware of crimes is not the same as a LE agency sharing confidential files with another LE agency.

Allowing Scotland Yard to review certain Portuguese police files that could be related to Madeleine's disappearance is a good thing in my opinion. Maybe SY can take information from this dossier and develop more leads or suspects from it.

I agree in theory it would be a good thing.
I just don't believe it to be true.
Imo it's just another rabbit hole.

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the British police involved from the beginning. Not Scotland Yard. I guess I'll have to google or do a search here. We know Clarence Mitchell was and IIRC he worked for the government at the time. One would think if the McCanns knew so did LE and CM. Why wasn't it investigated before now? The phone pings, etc. Instead they decided to bring in the dogs.

IDK but something isn't making any sense about this secret dossier. It could be bureaucracy but we know the McCanns were very vocal about Madeleine being abducted. The case was closed and reopened by both sides. Again, I believe there is a piece of this puzzle missing.

Discuss the current news...

There are no "teams" in discussing the news that is breaking.

Madeleine case: PJ investigators ‘hit back’ at British press

Following endless sensationalist stories in the British press - all claiming inside knowledge - Portugal’s Polícia Judiciária appear to have drawn a line in the sand.

"One of the major issues the PJ has with the British media circus is that “the two police forces have different lines of investigation, .........

(snip)

Thus the warning to stop “pronouncing on supposed facts of the Portuguese investigation ... as it is something that the British do not know about”.

http://portugalresident.com/madeleine-case-pj-investigators-‘hit-back’-at-british-press

http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/n...e-names-of-madeleine-mccann-suspects-1.233685
British detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine have travelled to Portugal a number of times in the past 18 months amid reports they want to speak to three suspected burglars thought to have been in the area when three-year-old Madeleine vanished from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in May 2007. But no arrests have yet been made.

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe confirmed his officers had the names of suspects, but he declined to comment further.

Yawn

Madeleine case: PJ investigators ‘hit back’ at British press

Following endless sensationalist stories in the British press - all claiming inside knowledge - Portugal’s Polícia Judiciária appear to have drawn a line in the sand.

"One of the major issues the PJ has with the British media circus is that “the two police forces have different lines of investigation, .........

(snip)

Thus the warning to stop “pronouncing on supposed facts of the Portuguese investigation ... as it is something that the British do not know about”.

http://portugalresident.com/madeleine-case-pj-investigators-‘hit-back’-at-british-press

Also from your link:

“No secret dossier was ever delivered to the Metropolitan Police,” writes the news service, suggesting it was very probably the list of people known to police in the area that had been requested in one of the standard letters of request sent by the Met to the PJ.

As ionline points out, “over the past few months” British newspapers have had a field day, publishing ancient identikit photos drawn up years ago by private investigators and reporting on “thousands of leads” when, in reality, “police are still working on the very basic job of trying to identify mobile phone activity that took place in and around the Ocean Club on the night of May 3 2007”.

- See more at: http://portugalresident.com/madelei...t-back’-at-british-press#sthash.0IJCPgQ4.dpuf

And it was an outstanding link IMO! Thank you for posting it:)

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe confirmed his officers had the names of suspects, but he declined to comment further.

Yawn

Regarding Sir BHH radio interview,

"Have they lost a child or, erm, by being MURDERED OR, sadly, or have they lost a child by someone else stealing them.''

Hmmm !!

Regarding Sir BHH radio interview,

"Have they lost a child or, erm, by being MURDERED OR, sadly, or have they lost a child by someone else stealing them.''

Hmmm !!

that clearly states she was murdered or abducted by someone else (not the murderer)

how odd

That's not how I read it. They have lost a child by either murder or someone stealing her. I think the else is meaningless, or means some one other than the M's.

They have lost a child either by someone murding her, or someone kidnapping her. Else meaning other than the M's.

Any news on the investigation? It suddenly stopped. I google everyday but can't find anything new. Strange.

That's news in itself - there is no news ??

I think it's due to Portugal's warning.

But 'why/who' has taken notice is the BIG question !

Maybe the leak was identified and warned off/fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx