Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know who's computer they are looking at? mothers/uncles/cousins? That could be why she wanted to go to the cousins house as well. Also, I read that the grandmother is the one who reported her missing.

Also, that story about going to a hospital with a friend. Well, the hospital was far away, maybe she said that so that nobody would even look for her until late which would have given her time to go somewhere, leaving her phone at home is also bugging me, she's 12 and a girl, that thing would have been connected to her ear. IMO

Great question about the computer. Don't know the answer but sure would like to know. I didn't know about the grandma reporting her missing. Where did you read that or did I miss that? Some odd dynamics going on for sure. Was her mom out of town during this time if you know or was it coincidence that the grandmother called to report her missing? Maybe the grandmother and mom were together and it was the grandmother who actually placed the call.

State police issue release regarding Brooke Bennett
3:43 p.m.
June 29, 2008

The Vermont State police issued the following press release regarding their investigation for Brooke Bennett:
The Vermont State Police and the FBI continue to investigate the disappearance of Brooke Bennett, age 12 of Braintree, Vermont.

As a result of forensic work that was conducted over the weekend, leads have generated and are being pursued. The FBI has supplemented their resources as well as the resources of the Vermont State Police.

Due to the weather no aerial searches are scheduled for today.

http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080629/NEWS/80265861

It is too bad about the weather there. I hope the leads they are pursuing are putting them on the right path and they are not just whizzing into the wind with the myspace theory. While it is a logical thing to get into...it may not have anything to do with her going missing and valuable time is wasted tracking down dead end leads. I sincerely hope they are not putting all of their eggs in one basket.

The one myspace shows Cullman Egypt, if you search the mothers name it shows three possible address, 1 Randolph VT, 1 Randolph Ctr VT, and 1 Cullman, Alabama. So that explains where the Cullman probably came from.

right...same with a Deloris Gagnon, 40 yrs old...do we know how long Brooke's parents have been divorced?

I don't think that has been said yet. I was just fishing around for some names based on the article I just posted. The names "Gagnon" "Stevens" and "Bennett" are not uncommon in VT. I also don't know if Brooke's mom's maiden name is Gagnon or if that is a married name. Many possibilities.

that's what i was wondering...seems to me that Gagnon is her recent, or last married name...& maybe Adams was her maiden name, or another married one?

from what I've heard ( mostly through the interviews with the father on tv (over the phone) the Uncle is Brookes mothers husband's brother. The person she was going to see is in Texas is mothers husband .

ahhh, ok.....so Brooke's mama doesn't physically live with her husband...gosh, i don't know where i'm going with this...guess i'm just trying to piece the family thing together.....thanks swanniee:)

I'm still very much bothered by the uncle..........who he is? How does he fit into this scenario? What type of person he is? etc......

I know I must of missed something, and I have gone back and looked at all the media links etc but cant find one that says her stepdad lives in Texas? If someone could be so kind and point me in the direction where I could find that article that would be wonderful.

On the family dynamics so far what I have found is that Brookes mothers maiden name is Cassandra Mae Adams she is approximately 51 yrs of age. We know that in 2004 James Bennett and Cassandra had already been divorced and James had a child that was 6 yrs old with a Janet so it would appear to me that James and Cassandra got divorced pretty close after Brooke was born.

i know the question was raised whether Brooke had a cell phone or not....just watched a video at Gretawire where the the host asked Brooke's Daddy if she had a cell phone.....he said that Brook did have a cell phone, but that her Mama said she had left it at home......

eta....ya know, now that i think about it, someone up to no good would tell a child "don't bring your cell phone"....i know i certainly would, knowing how the cell towers work....i just can't imagine a 12 yr old NOT wanting to take his/her cell phone along....

I know I must of missed something, and I have gone back and looked at all the media links etc but cant find one that says her stepdad lives in Texas? If someone could be so kind and point me in the direction where I could find that article that would be wonderful.

On the family dynamics so far what I have found is that Brookes mothers maiden name is Cassandra Mae Adams she is approximately 51 yrs of age. We know that in 2004 James Bennett and Cassandra had already been divorced and James had a child that was 6 yrs old with a Janet so it would appear to me that James and Cassandra got divorced pretty close after Brooke was born.

Whoa! Where did you get that stuff? Not being critical or doubting - just trying to learn. I'm impressed!:blowkiss:

I'm still very much bothered by the uncle..........who he is? How does he fit into this scenario? What type of person he is? etc......

well, from a video i just watched (same Gretawire video as per my last post) Brooke's Daddy said he hadn't even talked with the Uncle, & didn't know if Brooke's Mama had or not....i found that odd, but he did say that a question he'd like to ask the Uncle would be why he left Brooke at the convenience store by herself.....

i'm sure Brooke's Mama has talked with the uncle..how would anyone know that he said the stuff about Brooke wanting to be dropped off to go with a friend to visit someone in the hospital??....maybe it's a case where the parents marriage/divorce ended up really nasty, so the Daddy just hasn't got a clue about the whole story, other than what LE is putting on the airwaves....

a reporter also said that the computer crimes unit is analyzing (sp?) the computer Brooke used, & the messages "were talking about a possible meet-up with someone in the area".....

Brooks was dropped off at the store at 9 am, was seen at or around a laundromat/dunkin doughnuts some time betw 9:45 & 11 am.....

thanks busylady:)
i came across the name Adams also...just wasn't sure if it was a maiden name or another married name.......

eta....yes, i'd like to know if the stepdad really lives in TX or not also....

i know the question was raised whether Brooke had a cell phone or not....just watched a video at Gretawire where the the host asked Brooke's Daddy if she had a cell phone.....he said that Brook did have a cell phone, but that her Mama said she had left it at home......

eta....ya know, now that i think about it, someone up to no good would tell a child "don't bring your cell phone"....i know i certainly would, knowing how the cell towers work....i just can't imagine a 12 yr old NOT wanting to take his/her cell phone along....

If Brooke was trying to pull the wool over her parents, and knew that her cellphone was GPS enabled, she might have left it behind on purpose.

Looking at maps, the hospital she said she was going to was on I89 to the southeast. If you go in the opposite direction for the same amount of time on I89 , you would be around Montpelier.

My guess is that her "boyfriend" picked her up for an outing to Montpelier. That is where I would be putting up posters.

If Brooke was trying to pull the wool over her parents, and knew that her cellphone was GPS enabled, she might have left it behind on purpose.
Looking at maps, the hospital she said she was going to was on I89 to the southeast. If you go in the opposite direction for the same amount of time on I89 , you would be around Montpelier.

My guess is that her "boyfriend" picked her up for an outing to Montpelier. That is where I would be putting up posters.

true, LM.....i was thinking along the lines of a 12 yr old not thinking anything, or even knowing about that kind of stuff, but i guess these days, 12 yr olds are smarter than i give them credit.....heck, Scott Peterson didn't think a thing about cell towers...he had his phone glued to his ear through the entire investigation of Laci's disappearance/murder:rolleyes: (idiot)

interesting about Montpelier....has a map of this area been posted on this thread??....maybe it has, & i missed it...

Jim Bennett, the dad, is the one who told the media that Brooke was going to see her stepdad in Texas.....IIRC....

true, LM.....i was thinking along the lines of a 12 yr old not thinking anything, or even knowing about that kind of stuff, but i guess these days, 12 yr olds are smarter than i give them credit.....heck, Scott Peterson didn't think a thing about cell towers...he had his phone glued to his ear through the entire investigation of Laci's disappearance/murder:rolleyes: (idiot)

interesting about Montpelier....has a map of this area been posted on this thread??....maybe it has, & i missed it..

Not so far as I know. I was just noodling around on googlemaps to look at the radius. I looked at where Lebanon, NH is, which is where she said she was going, and drew a radius of about the same distance around Randolph. If she travelled northwest on I89 instead of southeast, she would have arrived in Montpelier. I didn't notice anywhere else on that same radius that would be a likely destination, especially considering the routes available. I89 seems like a good route to put alot of distance between the pickup point and the "whatever" point.

I have never been to Montpelier so far as I can recall. If I was there it was decades ago, which is possible. My family used to take "Sunday Drives" all over VT, MA and NY. I don't know what it is like now, but I suspect it is more "interesting" to a preteen than the placid town of Randolph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KristenLoren