Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so far as I know. I was just noodling around on googlemaps to look at the radius. I looked at where Lebanon, NH is, which is where she said she was going, and drew a radius of about the same distance around Randolph. If she travelled northwest on I89 instead of southeast, she would have arrived in Montpelier. I didn't notice anywhere else on that same radius that would be a likely destination, especially considering the routes available. I89 seems like a good route to put alot of distance between the pickup point and the "whatever" point.

I have never been to Montpelier so far as I can recall. If I was there it was decades ago, which is possible. My family used to take "Sunday Drives" all over VT, MA and NY. I don't know what it is like now, but I suspect it is more "interesting" to a preteen than the placid town of Randolph.

interesting, LM....i was googling around a bit also...one would go by Allis State Park, going that route also, right?...or am i way off on that?

http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trai...um=ssp&utm_campaign=yssp_catalogtrail&track=1

(i remember "Sunday Drives" too, lol)

I do alot of family genealogy and belong to number sites. Helps in finding birth records , public indexes, marriage records etc. also the article posted about James returning from Iraq in 2004 had alot of information about his wife, and kids ages.

Whoa! Where did you get that stuff? Not being critical or doubting - just trying to learn. I'm impressed!:blowkiss:

Thank you, I heard the one with Jim Bennett saying she was going to Texas to visit the stepdads family. I just didnt take that as the stepdad lived in Texas also.

Jim Bennett, the dad, is the one who told the media that Brooke was going to see her stepdad in Texas.....IIRC....

Thank you, I heard the one with Jim Bennett saying she was going to Texas to visit the stepdads family. I just didnt take that as the stepdad lived in Texas also.

You are probably right. Makes more sense that she would be going on a family trip to visit step-dads folks.

This article says Casandra Gatnon is Brooke's mother.

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=8558608

My dearest CP,:blowkiss:
You are correct, that is Brooke's mother's name.
Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

Wrong.

is her mama's name Deloris?
My very dearest Close_enough,:blowkiss:
Sorry I missed your post. Concernedperson was told that the Rutland Herald said "Gagnon" the fact is that Concernedperson posted the correct name. Casandra Ganton, spelled just like that. I watched her mother on my local news.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

If I were her father, I would be knocking on Uncle's door until he answered some questions for me! I can't believe he hasn't contacted him. This sends up another red flag for me. The father deserves to know the facts of the case as much as the mother does.

The uncle was at the very least irresponsible. He looked to be old enough to know better than to drop her off to meet anyone. I would say he is absolutely the one to talk to.

good grief, i'm almost tempted to pay $14.95 for a 24 hour 'pass' to dig up more on the family.....ugh, but i won't....

Well know I am really confused. All public record indexes, directories etc show the name as Cassandra Mae Gagnon.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

Wrong.

Sorry I missed your post. Concernedperson was told that the Rutland Herald said "Gagnon" the fact is that Concernedperson posted the correct name. Casandra Ganton, spelled just like that. I watched her mother on my local news.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

I so so agree!!

If I were her father, I would be knocking on Uncle's door until he answered some questions for me! I can't believe he hasn't contacted him. This sends up another red flag for me. The father deserves to know the facts of the case as much as the mother does.

The uncle was at the very least irresponsible. He looked to be old enough to know better than to drop her off to meet anyone. I would say he is absolutely the one to talk to.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

Wrong.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

hi there DS:)...long time, no see!.....so her mama, the Grandmother that called LE about Brooke missing, was on your local news, huh?.....i can only imagine what Brooke's family is going through right now...the not knowing:(

hope you're doing well...doing fine & dandy here:)

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

Wrong.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

DS -

How do you reconcile this with the fact that there IS a Cassandra Gagnon listed in the immediate area, but there is no "Ganton" anywhere in Vermont?

Gagnon is a common French-Canadian name all over VT. Ganton is unheard of in VT.

When it comes to spelling, I will believe a newspaper reporter every time over at television reporter.

same here...when i heard him say that, i was like :confused:

updates

http://burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080629/NEWS01/806290313

http://www.wptz.com/news/16736894/detail.html

The father is talking but where is the mother/sister/uncles/aunts etc for no other reason but to keep this girl in EVERYONES head!You couldnt keep my mouth shut! IMO

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080628/NEWS04/806280352
This is more of the people/kids around town talking.
Dearest Swanniee,:blowkiss:
They have been on my local news, and on other stations.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

Dearest Swanniee,:blowkiss:
All of the computors that Brooke had access to in the last few months are being checked. I put the article up before, but here it is so that you do not have to hunt for it.

http://www.wcax.com/global/video/fl...chPageAdTag=News&activePane=info&rnd=75957422

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

I don't mean to seem like i'm arguing but I didn't hear anything other than "Brookes computer" on this link. I would hope that the LE are checking Uncles computer as well since she stayed there the night before disappearing.

Great question about the computer. Don't know the answer but sure would like to know. I didn't know about the grandma reporting her missing. Where did you read that or did I miss that? Some odd dynamics going on for sure. Was her mom out of town during this time if you know or was it coincidence that the grandmother called to report her missing? Maybe the grandmother and mom were together and it was the grandmother who actually placed the call.

I think I read that on one of the articles on burlingtonfreepress.com however I would have to go back and look since i've been all over the place.

Brooke Bennett, who just finished seventh grade at Randolph High School, lives with her mother, Cassandra Gagnon, in Braintree. A family member who answered the phone there Saturday said the family would prefer not to talk to the media

http://vermonttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/BT/20080629/NEWS01/806290378

thanks for the article, BL....."Police also are reviewing footage from video cameras located near where Bennett was last seen" makes me think this is new video, most likely near or in the dunkin doughnuts or laundromat....

this stood out also..."They are specifically interested in speaking with people who were in the convenience store where Bennett was dropped off by her uncle."

DS -

How do you reconcile this with the fact that there IS a Cassandra Gagnon listed in the immediate area, but there is no "Ganton" anywhere in Vermont?

Gagnon is a common French-Canadian name all over VT. Ganton is unheard of in VT.

When it comes to spelling, I will believe a newspaper reporter every time over at television reporter.

I have pretty much confirmed that it is Cassandra Gagnon not the other spelling. I, too, am from French Canadian descent and am very familiar with spellings and pronunciations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily