Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe the girl putting the status message up by saying that brooke is at her house, maybe its her way of letting LE know seeing how they have her computer, or even brookes family, with out calling them infront of Brooke.

maybe the girl putting the status message up by saying that brooke is at her house, maybe its her way of letting LE know seeing how they have her computer, or even brookes family, with out calling them infront of Brooke.

At their age, that would make sense.

Could be...sure hope they call her. Wish I knew why she was staying at the Uncle's...could be she wasn't getting along with her family...could be that it would be easier for her to leave from.

I am confused about her myspace messages. I have to wonder if some of those are not hoaxes especially the one that say Brooke is High and Dead.

It sounds like she was pretty grown-up for her age. I was not the least bit interested in boys when I was 12 and I certainly did not have the nerve to lie to go meet someone (waited till I was 16 to start doing that!) and I would have never been allowed to have purple high-lights in my hair. I feel old saying this but kids really do grow up a lot faster now and I believe a lot of it has to do with media; computers, IPODS, blkberry's, myspace, etc. They have access to many things I would have never known about when I was that age. Geez, I was still playing with my Barbies.

I really hope she is okay and this is all a stunt pulled by an immature little girl trying to act much older than she is. However, finding her clothes is not a good sign.

If LE has her computer surely it won't take long for them to figure out who she was conversing with and went to meet.

I am praying that this girl is ok.. but having found clothing of hers that she was wearing when she left if very alarming. I am praying this has a happy ending but its not sounding good..

On Friday, Vermont State Police divers will begin searching Sunset Lake, which is close to the place where the girl's belongings were found. On Thursday, a New England K-9 Search and Rescue dog walked a floating bridge that spans it, under the guidance of handler Nancy Lyons.

Police cordoned off the road that leads to the west side of the lake, and search dogs looked in that vicinity, too, to no avail.

"The floating bridge is a common place for teens to hang out," said Orange County Sheriff Bill Bohnyak. "It's very common for local kids from Randolph, Braintree, Brookfield, Chelsea to come over to the floating bridge."

http://www.sunjournal.com/story/272020-3/NewEnglandNews/Police_search_for_missing_12yearold_girl/

A water search is not a good sign. I hope she is found alive and well.

This is so scary. I'm praying we get good news on Brooke today, but so far, it's not looking very good. Finding her clothes 10 miles from where she was last seen? WOW !! Not a good sign at all. Have they confirmed that they are her clothes?

The video here was really informative:
http://www.wmur.com/news/16717177/detail.html (posted above already, just posting again!)

The father had pulled the plug on a myspace account she had previous to this (after "inappropriate activity") but she opened another one on another pc...probably at a friend's home. Just a guess on my part.

The clothing was found 10 miles from where she was last seen (the store?). :eek: That doesn't sound good to me either. :(

Are there any other mysterious missing cases in VT?
Good for her dad! Twelve is way too young an age to have a MySpace. It's scary though, because obviously her parents were monitoring her online behavior, but you can't be with your kids all the time.

There was just an interview on Fox News with Brooke's dad....the trip to Texas was supposed to be next week to visit relatives...it was something everyone knew about and was planned and had no apparent connection to what has happened to Brooke now.

I hope we hear more from the uncle that she convinced to drop her off. I don't get how a 12 yr old is dropped off somewhere to go visit a friend in a hospital that is 135 miles away (Lebanon, NH).

That part is really hinky to me. It really is. I don't suppose the uncle is a POI at this time? Did the mother know that Brooke was being dropped off like this? I also don't get how a child of that age is dropped off at a convenience store, of all places, to meet a friend to go that far away, when the dad says they knew of no friend at all she would be meeting like that. Is the uncle the mom's brother? I know they have surveillance video of her walking away from the store but do we know the uncle never saw Brooke again after that? So much is unanswered.

Which side of the family is the Uncle from? Mom or Dad's?

Which side of the family is the Uncle from? Mom or Dad's?

The articles I have read don't say. This one from Fox said the uncle and the cousin dropped her off. She was reported missing about 12 hours after she was dropped off. Yet, the clothing was found near the uncle's house where she had spent the night before.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,372224,00.html

I guess I am trying to make sense out of why the clothes she was wearing ended up right back where she started from. The only way this makes sense is if someone gave her a ride back to that location as the distance is too far to walk.

The 12 hour time frame is a lot of time between the convenience store and the reported missing.

Thanks, cp.

I still don't get why anyone could be talked into letting a 12 yr old visit someone in a hospital that far away. If that was indeed her story. I'm just confused I guess.

In one article it states that the surveillance video shows the uncle and her cousin driving away. If the uncle were involved, I don't think he would take someone else (his child?) with him.

I really hope she is okay and this is all a stunt pulled by an immature little girl trying to act much older than she is. However, finding her clothes is not a good sign.

It didn't take long for WS'ers to locate thos Myspace pages so I'm pretty sure LE has seen them as well. Finding her clothes and still planning to search Sunset Lake is not a good sign.

This case is really scarey. In one way you want to think Ughhhh little teenage brat, what is SHE thinking?!?! On the other hand you are wondering if someone did something to her? Did her uncle? Did someone kidnap her from the store? Did she meet some strange man online who did the unthinkable? Teenage girls think they are immortal believe me I have one! I pray to God nothing bad happened to this girl and she is found safe and sound..

and one more thing... my daughter is about to turn 15 and there is NO way in heck I would just drop her off at a store and leave before the ride got there first of all..second of all I have to talk to parents before my kid can go anywhere with anybody.

This case is really scarey. In one way you want to think Ughhhh little teenage brat, what is SHE thinking?!?! On the other hand you are wondering if someone did something to her? Did her uncle? Did someone kidnap her from the store? Did she meet some strange man online who did the unthinkable? Teenage girls think they are immortal believe me I have one! I pray to God nothing bad happened to this girl and she is found safe and sound..

Do you think it possible that she was being a brat and asked/got out of the vehicle because of an argument? Then proceeded to walk down the road and the uncle came back by and picked her up returning to Brookfield. I can't get pass the clothes being found near the uncle's house which is quite a distance away.

The clothes found were the clothes she was described to have been wearing when last seen.

latest WCAX update.

http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=8558608

I am so worried that this girl is going to be found in the lake! There are so many sexual predators on the internetposing as young guys. The girl lived with her Mom and her parents are divorced. There is a 17 year older sister who is pleading with her sister to call or come home. It breaks my heart. I saw the web site with Brooke and wondered. Hopefully, LE is narrowing in through the computer who lured Brooke to the store and why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meowmeowface143