Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ds...the article says one of the items of clothing has been ID's as hers, hence the Amber alert...but they don't know about the other items.

If LE is sure that at least one item of clothing is hers...why not the other items of clothing? Either they are clothes that her parents can't ID (maybe stuff she may have taken from say a dryer in the laundromat?) or clothing belonging to another person. Seems odd to me that just one of the items could be ID'd as definitely hers.

Course it could be this mystery person could be dropping her items in different places just to confuse LE.

I keep thinking about the clothing as well however, my dd borrows her cousins clothes etc, they switch all the time so I was thinking if the cousin is a girl maybe the clothes were borrowed. Just thinking out loud. My real confusion is how did all of this happen 10-11 miles away from where she was dropped off. I also thought of her not seeing the person she was going to meet and then hitched a ride back to the Uncles and thats where she got into trouble. Also, if the myspace said to "text" then would she have a cell phone? Again, very confused and sick about this little girl.

It's apparent after watching the video that Brooke did not have additional clothing or shoes with her. She's not even carrying a purse. They both appear to come in from the reddish vehicle. He leaves towards it and she walks the opposite way.

why would she go to the laundromat...it had to be the meeting place. Maybe the mystery person didn't show on time and she starts walking back toward home and he comes along and picks her up

ds...the article says one of the items of clothing has been ID's as hers, hence the Amber alert...but they don't know about the other items.
Dearest Murdershewrote,:blowkiss:
They did not want the items disclosed to the public until today.
This is on the link and it is right after what I snipped from the link in my post when they explained what lead to the alert;

In an effort to not compromise the case, I cannot discuss at this time the items that were found that are believed to belong to Brooke.

This is from my local news;
Police also aren't saying exactly what they found along Route 65-- they say releasing any more details would compromise their entire investigation.
Link;
http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=8565435

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

why would she go to the laundromat...it had to be the meeting place. Maybe the mystery person didn't show on time and she starts walking back toward home and he comes along and picks her up

Or someone she knew came along and picked her up.

ETA: home was less than three miles away.

The only Cullman I could find is Alabama. Also she disapeared on 6-25 so she must have been alive atleast on 6-26, yesterday or else someone has her password and could have put the whole going to TX thing on there to throw LE off.

I bet that is the police or investigators who logged in, I'm sure they contacted Myspace admin and got the password, or got it through computer forensics.

Jumping in real quick without having read all the posts. I know, not good! But with what I have read so far, I have a couple of quetions.

Was Brooke living with the Uncle's family?
Did the cousin know anything?

In the articles I have read, it said that she was not reported missing until 12 hours later at 9:00 p.m. which would mean 7:00 a.m. But yet, what few posts I have read so far are saying 9:00 a.m. Why the 2 hour difference?

LE has only released that a "shoe" was found, but can't release the other items because it may compromise the investigation. Does that mean more clothing or items of the "other person"?

Sorry, if these have already been answered!! (p.s. Hi DS!)

O/T: Also, Where the heck has Vermont been? Amber Alert has been around for a few years and I find it hard to believe that Brooke is the first young person that has gone missing!

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=8567911&nav=menu183_2

As police search for a missing 12-year-old from Brookfield, they are focusing on her internet communications as potentially critical evidence that could help find her.
Specially trained investigators are already analyzing computers that they suspect Brooke Bennett may have used in recent months for online chatting that could have been with her pals-- or with a predator. (more at link and a good explanation as to what the techies will be doing)

I'll see if I can answer these (in bold), someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Jumping in real quick without having read all the posts. I know, not good! But with what I have read so far, I have a couple of quetions.

Was Brooke living with the Uncle's family?
I believe she was just visiting her Uncle.

Did the cousin know anything?
All we know about the cousin is they were in the car when Brooke was dropped off at the store.

In the articles I have read, it said that she was not reported missing until 12 hours later at 9:00 p.m. which would mean 7:00 a.m. But yet, what few posts I have read so far are saying 9:00 a.m. Why the 2 hour difference?
I wonder about that too and have no idea why the difference.

LE has only released that a "shoe" was found, but can't release the other items because it may compromise the investigation. Does that mean more clothing or items of the "other person"?
Indications are, they are items that may belong to Brooke.

Sorry, if these have already been answered!! (p.s. Hi DS!)

O/T: Also, Where the heck has Vermont been? Amber Alert has been around for a few years and I find it hard to believe that Brooke is the first young person that has gone missing!

I had read that she was last seen going south to Randolph Village. Below is a link to a google map showing the towns of Braintree, Randolph and Brookfield. Braintree is walking distance from Randolph. Maybe she wasn't meeting with anyone, but wanted to get something from the store and walk home. Which still would not explain her clothes ending back up in Brookfield.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...-72.68717&sspn=0.041969,0.075188&ie=UTF8&z=12

ETA: for all we know, she could have made it home.

I'm bumping up an earlier post that shows Braintree where Brooke's mothers house is and probably where Brooke lived. Randolph is where the last sighting at the Laundrymat/donut shop is and Brookfield is where her uncle lived.

Ok watched the survillance tape and have a few questions. The Uncle and Brooke go in the store together he buys coffee and cigs they leave he goes one direction back to the car she goes the other. If he was dropping her off there to meet someone did he not think twice about the person was not there and that Brooke left the store at the same time he did? Did he think she was just going to wait outside for her friend? I cannot imagine leaving a 12 yr old alone in a parking lot waiting for a friend to show up. I feel like I am missing something.

Ok watched the survillance tape and have a few questions. The Uncle and Brooke go in the store together he buys coffee and cigs they leave he goes one direction back to the car she goes the other. If he was dropping her off there to meet someone did he not think twice about the person was not there and that Brooke left the store at the same time he did? Did he think she was just going to wait outside for her friend? I cannot imagine leaving a 12 yr old alone in a parking lot waiting for a friend to show up. I feel like I am missing something.

Me, too...I'm probably wrong but I'm feeling a little hinky about the uncle and I have been since this whole thing started.

This is just my impression, but I think LE knows all the items of clothing they found are hers, but that they are only confirming one item as being hers because they only needed to confirm one item to meet the conditions for the Amber Alert to be issued. They are keeping whatever else they actually know about the clothing a secret in order to not give away info about the investigation.

I wonder why Brooke was even in the store with him....she didn't buy anything and he didn't give her anything that I could see.

And, a relative found items belonging to Brooke near the uncles house. Early in the morning, according to articles. Why was Brooke being searched for near the uncles house?

Hello, it's me again.

Everyone is talking about Brooke and her Uncle. Can I ask where the "cousin" was during all this time???

Certainly, not trying to say she had anything to do with this, but why didn't she going into the store with her Dad and Brooke?? Was she just sitting in the car?

I really am confused about the cousin.

I wonder why Brooke was even in the store with him....she didn't buy anything and he didn't give her anything that I could see.

And, a relative found items belonging to Brooke near the uncles house. Early in the morning, according to articles. Why was Brooke being searched for near the uncles house?
Well, besides the fact that she stayed there the night before...I don't know. And it's bothering me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper