Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know, just know that Jim and Cassandra were never married. RG and Cassandra lived in Alabama from the time Brooke was 3-9 yrs of age. I do not know when Ray and Cassandra got married, or if James and Cassandra ever lived together. James and Janet were divorced in 1992 and remarried in 2004.

Good find, Busylady! This is the first I've heard about James and Janet being divorced and remarried - and divorced for 12 years, no less!!

ETA - does that mean James had an affair with Cassandra while married to Janet???

Not that it matters a great deal, but I think that Cassandra and Denise are actual step sisters. Denise mother is Lucinda and father James, Cassandra father Dennis Adams and bio mother ?. Dennis and Lucinda were married and then divorced in 1981.

I just re-read Brooke's obituary notice, and I notice they made a small change. Originally, it stated that she was the daughter of James and Cassandra Bennett. Of course, Cassandra was never a Bennett. It now reads as follows, which of course is still not correct, as it leads one to believe that James' last name is Adams:

She was born July 12, 1995 in Randolph the daughter of James and Cassandra Adams.
They should fire the person who can't get it correct! Sheesh! Brooke deserves better!

if they're that stupid then that makes the people around them even "stupider"

OMG THAT IS THE BEST THING I HAVE HEARD IN THIS CASE! AND ALSO IS A GREAT EXPLAINATION FOR ONE HELL OF A LOT!!! wHO SAID THAT ONE LINE...'STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES'? OH YEAH.....FOREST...FOREST GUMP.

:woohoo:seriously try to catch woohoo man.....he is FAST!

Well, I guess through all her pain, Cassandra is worried about how her name will appear in the newspaper. (sorry...it could have been Jim's relatives who wanted to dissociate themselves from the woman).

I get what many are saying, I know I SHOULD feel bad for Cassandra ( to not doesn't jive with my moral structure)...and maybe one day I will...but I just can't right now.

Good find, Busylady! This is the first I've heard about James and Janet being divorced and remarried - and divorced for 12 years, no less!!

ETA - does that mean James had an affair with Cassandra while married to Janet???
I would like to know more about this "divorced for 12 years" stuff myself. Interesting. Busy, are you sure about that?! :eek:

Thats what I am thinking, and Jim was in the military and no idea how many times he was deployed. I am sure Jim remained in contact there was an article that said he saw Brooke a couple times a year when she lived in Alabama. What I am not understanding is if Janet and James were divorced before Brooke was born and then got back together and remarried in 2004, how much would Janet of really seen Brooke before 2004. Guess that Janet and James stayed great friends after there divorce and she spent that couple times a year with Brooke also for 6 years?

Janet commented she was around Brooke from the time she was only 16 mos. old, IIRC. One would have to assume that Jim wasn't with Cassandra very long...if at all.

YES, THANK YOU BL......:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:ps, have you ever tried to click on the woohoo man? (above)? If you have had just two sips of a beer it is DIFFICULT LOL!!!!!:beersign:
Oh, NB...you always make me laugh!!

No Janet and Jim were divorced before Brooke was born. Let me find the article talking about them remarrying.

ETA - does that mean James had an affair with Cassandra while married to Janet???[/QUOTE]I would like to know more about this "divorced for 12 years" stuff myself. Interesting. Busy, are you sure about that?! :eek:

I would like to know more about this "divorced for 12 years" stuff myself. Interesting. Busy, are you sure about that?! :eek:
I just figured what ETA meant...only took me about a thousand of hours to do it too!

RG and Cassandra lived in Alabama from the time Brooke was 3-9 yrs of age

BL...do you happen to know (or anyone else) what took G to Texas...and how did he come to live with his roommate? I think that would be interesting to know and perhaps telling.....

Thats what I am thinking, and Jim was in the military and no idea how many times he was deployed. I am sure Jim remained in contact there was an article that said he saw Brooke a couple times a year when she lived in Alabama. What I am not understanding is if Janet and James were divorced before Brooke was born and then got back together and remarried in 2004, how much would Janet of really seen Brooke before 2004. Guess that Janet and James stayed great friends after there divorce and she spent that couple times a year with Brooke also for 6 years?
Brooksaunt, I believe, said that Janet and Jim went to Alabama several times a year to be with Brooke. They even thought about buying a house there to be near her. So I figured they were together for those years.

Stevens explained this week that her daughter and her former and future son-in-law "had some problems a while back, and were divorced."
The distance between the two —geographically, anyway—grew dramatically wider in January, when James, a member of the Vermont Army National Guard, was deployed to Iraq for a 12-to-18-month tour of duty.
The estranged couple "started emailing each other, since he was over in Iraq, and, the next thing you know, they are getting remarried on the 19th," Nickolas’ grandma reported.

http://www.rherald.com/news/2004/0916/Front_page/f01.html

Not that it matters a great deal, but I think that Cassandra and Denise are actual step sisters. Denise mother is Lucinda and father James, Cassandra father Dennis Adams and bio mother ?. Dennis and Lucinda were married and then divorced in 1981.
Huh??

I just figured what ETA meant...only took me about a thousand of hours to do it too!

are you blonde like me???? LOL...I had a culminating moment last week with ETA..and I am an open heart nurse and an army wife....you would think I would be the queen of annacronysms....and you also would think I could spell annacronysms LOL...:woohoo:catch woo hoo man...

Stevens explained this week that her daughter and her former and future son-in-law "had some problems a while back, and were divorced."
The distance between the two —geographically, anyway—grew dramatically wider in January, when James, a member of the Vermont Army National Guard, was deployed to Iraq for a 12-to-18-month tour of duty.
The estranged couple "started emailing each other, since he was over in Iraq, and, the next thing you know, they are getting remarried on the 19th," Nickolas’ grandma reported.

http://www.rherald.com/news/2004/0916/Front_page/f01.html

I don't see where they were divorced for 12 years though...and they have a 6 year old and a 9 year old in September 2004, so I am guessing it wasn't 12 years...

ETA (now that everyone knows what it means!heheh): This is the first I heard of this though, Busylady - GREAT find! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214