Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could very well be, or could just simply be that they were together type thing. I believe when Janet says she and Jim visited Brooke a few times a year while she was in Alabama. It is also possible there is an error in the data base showing wrong year for divorce, thats been known to happen frequently thats why I always try and go to another data base to verify.

BL, could N be an R&R baby? Trust me, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of babies conceived during RandR since the war started.

I just have to jump in here and say that James and the thing about Iraq has been posted here a few times. Also in the same article is the fact that James and Janet were married and remarried. Alot of the info about the family is from the newspaper articles, obituaries, ect. that have been linked in all of these threads. It is hard finding all of links and having them all on one thread. :(

Here is the link;

http://www.rherald.com/news/2004/0916/Front_page/f01.html

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

I have no clue, I thought maybe he had family there but the Gagnon name is alot more popular name than I imagined and not knowing anything else about his family its hard to trace the roots.

Good question...also widens the search for possible victims IMO.

That is correct, you take names posted in articles and such and run with the names and you find additional information. Genealogy sites are wonderful tools, and I have spent the last 4 years researching my husbands family so have several paid memberships which gives access to alot of information.

I just have to jump in here and say that James and the thing about Iraq has been posted here a few times. Also in the same article is the fact that James and Janet were married and remarried. Alot of the info about the family is from the newspaper articles, obituaries, ect. that have been linked in all of these threads. It is hard finding all of links and having them all on one thread. :(

Here is the link;

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

In the big picture I do not think it makes a difference, they consider themselves sisters, and Lucinda Brookes grandma. It was just driving me batty trying to figure out the age discrepancy between Cassandra and Lucinda, knew no way Lucinda could be her biological mother.

Job well done, BL. Thank you

From the obit--

She is survived by her mother Cassandra Gagnon of Braintree, her father and step-mother James and Janet Bennett of Bethel, a sister Savanna Andress of Braintree, 3 brothers; Dennis Andress of Braintree, Nickolas Bennett and Cyrus Bennett both of Bethel, her maternal grandmother Lucinda Milne of Braintree, her paternal grandmother Arlene St. Pierre of Bethel, her maternal grandfather Dennis Adams of St. Petersburg, FL, her maternal great-grandmother Lilla Woodard of Randolph Center and her step-grandparents Osmyn and Sandra Stevens of Bethel.

not sure if this is the one....but it is actually the only one that fits....any chance that he was with a guard or active duty unit during iraq? His latest contact number has a toledo, Ohio area code... I know that ako is slow to update with change of duty station info...

james.bennett23SPC JamesBennettjames.bennett23@us.army.mil419-320-0489National Guard OHARNG 2-107 Cav HHT

not sure if this is the one....but it is actually the only one that fits....any chance that he was with a guard or active duty unit during iraq? His latest contact number has a toledo, Ohio area code... I know that ako is slow to update with change of duty station info...

james.bennett23SPC JamesBennett[EMAIL="james.bennett23@us.army.mil"]james.bennett23@us.army.mil419-320-0489National[/EMAIL] Guard OHARNG 2-107 Cav HHT
Dearest Nurse,:)
I just posted that.:confused:
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Here is the link;

Respectfully,
dark_shadows
danke, DS...and sorry for repeating. I swear I have been a good girl and tried to read every post.... You rock, dude

There is so many post, so many different threads, and sometimes it moves so quickly its hard to catch it all sometimes.

That is correct, you take names posted in articles and such and run with the names and you find additional information. Genealogy sites are wonderful tools, and I have spent the last 4 years researching my husbands family so have several paid memberships which gives access to alot of information.
My dearest Busylady,:blowkiss::blowkiss:
I am trying to figure out how to organize those articled pertaining to the family members on a thread. Those articles have alot of info in them. Alot!
So how can the thread be done??

I used to have subscriptions for a few also. It began to get a little expensive, so I just had to go with newspaper articles. So much is found in articles and obituaries, they hold a wealth of info. A friend of mine gave me some old newspapers that his mother had whoreded for years. I spent so many hours reading through those papers and found things that I had forgotten about.

I am very proud of you Busylady.

So much Love and Respect for you,
dark_shadows

My dearest Buzylady,:blowkiss::blowkiss:
I am trying to figure out how to organize those articled pertaining to the family members on a thread. Those articles have alot of info in them. Alot!
So how can the thread be done

could I suggest doing them by period of time to show progression and change in said relationships...as they certainly shifted with every puff of air in the sky...

I will see if I can come up with anything, maybe go through the articles copy and paste the family member info, and then show the link? My subscription is going run out on Ancestry and I very seriously doubt I will renew at $398 bucks a year now, when I started this it was around $100 for the year and it has just skyrocketed over the last 4 years. They have added alot of new info, but I have also found alot of misinformation on dates and such, bad links to obits, things like that so have to double check everything anyway with a different data base. So think I will stick with the smaller data bases in the future.
My dearest Buzylady,:blowkiss::blowkiss:
So how can the thread be done??

I used to have subscriptions for a few also. It began to get a little expensive, so I just had to go with newspaper articles. So much is found in articles and obituaries, they hold a wealth of info. A friend of mine gave me some old newspapers that his mother had whoreded for years. I spent so many hours reading through those papers and found things that I had forgotten about.

I am very proud of you Buzylady.

So much Love and Respect for you,
dark_shadows

hi all, I'm here and up again tonight! Went to a family bbq today. Nobody can really even talk about this case yet, it is so baffling and hard to accept. VT is a small world and my family is huge and from this area, so many people had connections and knew the players involved in real life.

I hope if we get autopsy results I hope they can bring me and others who are deeply upset like me some peace. Hopefully for some reason Jacques could not go through with his plan and ended up killing her quickly and painlessly.

I will see if I can come up with anything, maybe go through the articles copy and paste the family member info, and then show the link? My subscription is going run out on Ancestry and I very seriously doubt I will renew at $398 bucks a year now, when I started this it was around $100 for the year and it has just skyrocketed over the last 4 years. They have added alot of new info, but I have also found alot of misinformation on dates and such, bad links to obits, things like that so have to double check everything anyway with a different data base. So think I will stick with the smaller data bases in the future.
My dearest Busylady,:blowkiss:
I am wondering how to get the article links that are already here. That is what I mean by the article links.:) Not for you to look them up lol.

I know that it is going to be a pain in the azz to find the links and then put them on a thread. There are so many threads here and so many posts with links.:eek:

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

Not sure if this has been posted.

http://www.cullmantimes.com/local/local_story_185230015.html

Jason Canter, who lives across the street from the address, confirmed Thursday Gagnon did reside there. He went on to say FBI agents searched Gagnon’s former residence Wednesday and questioned him about Gagnon, who Canter said he did not know.

“They kept to themselves,” he said about the Gagnons.

Local law enforcement officers declined to comment on Gagnon.

“Right now I’m really not at liberty to say much of anything about that,” said Cullman County Sheriff Tyler Roden. Cullman Police Chief Kenny Culpepper also declined to comment on the case.

Gagnon’s listing in the Cullman City Directory from 1998 to 2007 indicates he lived in Cullman for almost a decade. His address was 1628 Katherine St. NW.

This shows even more they are really checking him out!! I dont understand the 1998 to 2007 thought he had been in Texas for 4 years? Maybe directory not updated?

james.bennett23SPC JamesBennettjames.bennett23@us.army.mil419-320-0489National Guard OHARNG 2-107 Cav HHT

http://www.rherald.com/news/2004/0916/Front_page/f01.html - that article from Sept 16th, 2004 listed Staff Sgt. James Bennett of the Vermont Army National Guard, 1st Battalion, 86th Field Artillery. Unit deployed in Janurary 2004 for 12 to 18 months. Brooke's obit lists Bethel, VT for James & Janet.

I don't think the OH James Bennett is the same one.

Not sure if this has been posted.

http://www.cullmantimes.com/local/local_story_185230015.html

Jason Canter, who lives across the street from the address, confirmed Thursday Gagnon did reside there. He went on to say FBI agents searched Gagnon’s former residence Wednesday and questioned him about Gagnon, who Canter said he did not know.

“They kept to themselves,” he said about the Gagnons.

Local law enforcement officers declined to comment on Gagnon.

“Right now I’m really not at liberty to say much of anything about that,” said Cullman County Sheriff Tyler Roden. Cullman Police Chief Kenny Culpepper also declined to comment on the case.

Gagnon’s listing in the Cullman City Directory from 1998 to 2007 indicates he lived in Cullman for almost a decade. His address was 1628 Katherine St. NW.

This shows even more they are really checking him out!! I dont understand the 1998 to 2007 thought he had been in Texas for 4 years? Maybe directory not updated?
Dearest Busylady,:blowkiss:
Thank-you very much.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

hi all, I'm here and up again tonight! Went to a family bbq today. Nobody can really even talk about this case yet, it is so baffling and hard to accept. VT is a small world and my family is huge and from this area, so many people had connections and knew the players involved in real life.

I hope if we get autopsy results I hope they can bring me and others who are deeply upset like me some peace. Hopefully for some reason Jacques could not go through with his plan and ended up killing her quickly and painlessly.
Welcome! And so sorry about what you must be going through. You say you know the players....based on what you knew of them, did you ever think something like this could have happened? If so why? And if not, what gave you good feelings about them..... I know that no one person is ever all good...and no one person is ever all bad... Rather..a series of bad choices and decisions lead to tragedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzee2741