Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stevens explained this week that her daughter and her former and future son-in-law "had some problems a while back, and were divorced."
The distance between the two —geographically, anyway—grew dramatically wider in January, when James, a member of the Vermont Army National Guard, was deployed to Iraq for a 12-to-18-month tour of duty.
The estranged couple "started emailing each other, since he was over in Iraq, and, the next thing you know, they are getting remarried on the 19th," Nickolas’ grandma reported.

http://www.rherald.com/news/2004/0916/Front_page/f01.html
What a sweet story with such a tragic ending for all of them. :( It brings tears to my eyes to think of Brooke at 9 yo. and how excited she must have been not only to see her dad, but about the wedding. Little girls always love weddings.

I don't see where they were divorced for 12 years though...and they have a 6 year old and a 9 year old in September 2004, so I am guessing it wasn't 12 years...

ETA (now that everyone knows what it means!heheh): This is the first I heard of this though, Busylady - GREAT find! :)

Oh for crying out loud...Brooke is the 9 year old...I better get to bed - I can't even think anymore.:blushing::slap::doh:

are you blonde like me???? LOL...I had a culminating moment last week with ETA..and I am an open heart nurse and an army wife....you would think I would be the queen of annacronysms....and you also would think I could spell annacronysms LOL...:woohoo:catch woo hoo man...
Oh no...yes blond (ok with a little help)!!

...and I'm an educator...and TA...so in my book ETA means estimated time of arrival!!

Sorry for OT chatter...back to business...

Stevens explained this week that her daughter and her former and future son-in-law "had some problems a while back, and were divorced."
The distance between the two —geographically, anyway—grew dramatically wider in January, when James, a member of the Vermont Army National Guard, was deployed to Iraq for a 12-to-18-month tour of duty.
The estranged couple "started emailing each other, since he was over in Iraq, and, the next thing you know, they are getting remarried on the 19th," Nickolas’ grandma reported.

I think you or someone else posted this link a long way back because I read it, but no one replied???

Catching Brooke's name in print made me cry...knowing that she had a whole lifetime of happy times ahead of her.

Thanks, Busylady.

The plans were even in the works for Brooke to go visit her step-dad in Texas, her dad said that in an interview.
disturbing...but makes sense!

LOL - see if I can explain this one.

Lucinda
married
James Woodard
(they had 3 children that I can find Denise Woodard being one of them)
they divorce in 7/17/1974

Questionable on this one cant find a second source to verify
Lucinda then marries 8/4/1974
Harvey Searcy
have one child
divorced

Lucinda
married
Dennis B. Adams
(cannot find any children born of the marriage)
I believe Cassandra Adams is Dennis biological father from a previous marriage
they divorce 3/20/1981

Lucinda
married
Thomas A. Milne
Divorced 5/14/1995

Lucinda Woodard was born in 1950
Cassandra Adams was born in 1957 or 58 - she can not possibly be the child of Lucinda and it explains why Cassandra maiden name shows Adams on birth records for Brooke.

Lucinda
married
James Woodard

Harvey Searcy
have one child
divorced

Lucinda
married
Dennis B. Adams
they divorce 3/20/1981

Lucinda
married
Thomas A. Milne
Divorced 5/14/1995

Cassandra Adams was born in 1957 or 58 - she can not possibly be the child of Lucinda and it explains why Cassandra maiden name shows Adams on birth records for Brooke.

You are AWESOME! And what a gift you have for explaining this convaluted lineage - I now get it!:blowkiss:

I know I SHOULD feel bad for Cassandra ( to not doesn't jive with my moral structure)...and maybe one day I will...but I just can't right now.

I hear ya rr~dude!

Jim was in the military and no idea how many times he was deployed

What is Jim's real last name (I am still stuck on the first layer of family members and, quite frankly, dizzy from the confusion. I can look up Jim on the military data bases if anyone can pump out his complete name.

Lucinda
married
James Woodard

Harvey Searcy
have one child
divorced

Lucinda
married
Dennis B. Adams
they divorce 3/20/1981

Lucinda
married
Thomas A. Milne
Divorced 5/14/1995

Oh, thanks Busylady. So there's no blood relation...

What is Jim's real last name (I am still stuck on the first layer of family members and, quite frankly, dizzy from the confusion. I can look up Jim on the military data bases if anyone can pump out his complete name.
James Bennett

Lucinda
married
James Woodard

Harvey Searcy
have one child
divorced

Lucinda
married
Dennis B. Adams
they divorce 3/20/1981

Lucinda
married
Thomas A. Milne
Divorced 5/14/1995

Thanks BL! But dang~! I need to tape my brain back in my skull cap now LOL (sick nurse humor).. That is quite the conundrum! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I am wondering if they possibly got divorced, but then got back together just never remarried, then after he came home from being deployed they decided to make it legal type thing? Nikolas was born during that period so obviously they were still together.

James A. Bennett

In the big picture I do not think it makes a difference, they consider themselves sisters, and Lucinda Brookes grandma. It was just driving me batty trying to figure out the age discrepancy between Cassandra and Lucinda, knew no way Lucinda could be her biological mother.

I am wondering if they possibly got divorced, but then got back together just never remarried, then after he came home from being deployed they decided to make it legal type thing? Nikolas was born during that period so obviously they were still together.
BL, could N be an R&R baby? Trust me, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of babies conceived during RandR since the war started.

BL-Thanks again for another GREAT JOB!!

BL...do you happen to know (or anyone else) what took G to Texas...and how did he come to live with his roommate? I think that would be interesting to know and perhaps telling.....
Good question...also widens the search for possible victims IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214