Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
good night to you too RR...and sorry if my 'dude' language offended you or anyone else... I was just trying to lighten the mood a little (which is almost impossible considering the circumstances).

Bis morgan meine freund!

This is from today;

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...0706/NEWS/80705010&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

The fleeting life of Brooke Bennett

BETHEL — Brooke Bennett’s smile beamed from at least two dozen photographs gracing a bulletin board in the home of Jim and Janet Bennett, the 12-year-old’s father and stepmother.

On Wednesday, a few hours before police announced the discovery Brooke’s body, a single red candle burned below the pictures. A slide show of photographs, most of them cheerful ones of Brooke and her step-siblings, played across the idle screen on Jim Bennett’s computer.

Respectfully,
dark_shadowshttp://websleuths.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=2353857

I just re-read Brooke's obituary notice, and I notice they made a small change. Originally, it stated that she was the daughter of James and Cassandra Bennett. Of course, Cassandra was never a Bennett. It now reads as follows, which of course is still not correct, as it leads one to believe that James' last name is Adams:

She was born July 12, 1995 in Randolph the daughter of James and Cassandra Adams.
Dearest Chica,:blowkiss:
The official obituary is the one from the funeral home. It is on the obituary thread. This is what it states, stiil.

http://www.dayfunerals.com/index.cfm

From the link;

She is survived by her mother Cassandra Gagnon of Braintree, her father and step-mother James and Janet Bennett of Bethel,

More at link.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

Dearest Chica,:blowkiss:
The official obituary is the one from the funeral home. It is on the obituary thread. This is what it states, stiil.

http://www.dayfunerals.com/index.cfm

From the link;

She is survived by her mother Cassandra Gagnon of Braintree, her father and step-mother James and Janet Bennett of Bethel,

More at link.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

Good Morning DS!:blowkiss:

In the second paragraph, it states: She was born July 12, 1995 in Randolph the daughter of James and Cassandra Adams. But you are correct, in that the fourth paragraph states: She is survived by her mother Cassandra Gagnon of Braintree, her father and step-mother James and Janet Bennett of Bethel.

Good Morning DS!:blowkiss:

In the second paragraph, it states: She was born July 12, 1995 in Randolph the daughter of James and Cassandra Adams. But you are correct, in that the fourth paragraph states: She is survived by her mother Cassandra Gagnon of Braintree, her father and step-mother James and Janet Bennett of Bethel.
My dearest Chica,:blowkiss:
Thanks Chica and good morning.
I missed that part!

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

A New Call for Jessica's Law in Vermont
http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=8623135
Randolph, Vermont -- July 5, 2008
Brook Bennett's murder has brought back calls for a tougher law against adults who sexually prey on children. More than thirty states -- but not Vermont -- have enacted Jessica's law, setting a 25-year minimum prison sentence for convicted child sex offenders.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

A New Call for Jessica's Law in Vermont
http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=8623135
Randolph, Vermont -- July 5, 2008
Brook Bennett's murder has brought back calls for a tougher law against adults who sexually prey on children. More than thirty states -- but not Vermont -- have enacted Jessica's law, setting a 25-year minimum prison sentence for convicted child sex offenders.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

considering what they have now on the books doesn't seem to be working , they need to pass Jessie's law or some thing very similar quickly.

Video;

Braintree, Vermont - July 5, 2008
"I actually viewed her yesterday and it's just.... I felt her. I felt that she was still with me. It's been awful," says Cassandra Gagnon, Brooke's mother.

Brooke's Parents Speak

http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=8623432

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

someone needs to keep the mother quiet. She is making herself look guilty by association. she is not going to get much sympathy if she keeps going. She didn't even call police to report her daughter missing , if I understand it .
So she knew where her children were at all times? Didn't think so.

"You don't expect that kind of thing from family. It's just very hard to comprehend all of it," says Jim Bennett, Brooke's father.
==

This is another statement I have trouble understanding. When are people going to realize that sex offenders could care less if their victims are family, friends, or strangers?! This is the whole "not going to happen in my little town" mentality.

People don't realize its someone that the family or at least the child knows... not some stranger. The predators are living and working with the children.

Busylady~ I find it quite interesting that Kevin and Ray may have a connection that possibly goes back to Alabama. Birds of a feather and all that.

I noted that Kevin's fiance also has a 17 yo girl. They should certainly be talking to her, too.

Just so everyone knows, i actually drove out to the MJ home site yesterday. Verry eery feeling, the grass is really high near the road, and the house actually sits somewhat behind what is an old farm house. MJ house is on the west side of E Bethel Rd, just prior to the intersection of E Bethel Rd and Crocker Rd.

Allen

If i remember on the television they had a road closed at the intersection of Crocker Rd and Kingsbury Rd. I cant find the video anymore but i think thats what i saw. But cant remember which road the Police were actually up on.

Allen

were they at the house? I would think they aren't done collecting evidence yet.

"You don't expect that kind of thing from family. It's just very hard to comprehend all of it," says Jim Bennett, Brooke's father.
==

This is another statement I have trouble understanding. When are people going to realize that sex offenders could care less if their victims are family, friends, or strangers?! This is the whole "not going to happen in my little town" mentality.
You are absolutely right! They don't care. It isn't about anyone except themselves.

I don't know what else he could say. If he said what he actually felt right now, they couldn't print it. He must be dying inside. To come home from Iraq after seeing such horrors there to having your daughter brutally raped and murdered by her uncle...I am sure he never expected it. My heart really goes out to him. As near as I can tell, Jim is truly the only decent man in that whole family situation. (I wish he would shave his mustache tho.)

I have to agree about Jim, SS. I don't think this would have happened to Brooke had she been living with him (and not because of the location).

were they at the house? I would think they aren't done collecting evidence yet.
Did not notice anyone at MJ home but let me tell you this that house is very well hidden back off the road, grass really high. There was a black car in the yard of the old farm house that sets in front of MJ home.

Allen

I have been following this case from the very beginning. I actually told my 12 year old niece about it because she's as much as a crime buff as I am and I wanted her to see the dangers of meeting strangers on My Space "first hand". Thank God she didn't continue to follow this nightmare!

I want to compliment all of you - you are absolutely awesome! I read mostly at work and cannot assess a lot of the links but I can always keep up due to your outstanding posts.

Now my reason for leaving lurkdom:

I keep thinking about the hospital story and the convenience store video tape. I came up with a theory on it. If JM told Brooke her mother wouldn't let her attend his "party" and meet her crush Same, she may have gone along with the hospital lie so Mom wouldn't know where she was. So she went into the store so if Mom checked her story, she wouldn't have been with JM. It would also explain why nobody saw her meeting back up with him, she was sneaking around. Also she may have appeared so odd on the video because she was aware of the camera and that usually makes people self-conscious. I hate to think that she was trcked into helping in her own kidnapping, but this just makes sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse