CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You've misunderstood me, I'm not saying it's anyone's fault other than the parents. But, some level of responsibility lies within a community to protect it's community, and this comes from those higher up to say look out for your neighbours, if you see something not right report it to your local authority, a doctor, a teacher, anyone who might take it upon themselves to follow it up. I understand this is easier said than done, and if everyone reported something 'not right' then yes, it would take a huge amount of resources to follow up. I don't know the answers, but for this to happen to 13 children in one home there has to be questions surrounding the level of care from outside.

Yes, it would be great, but that's just not what the world is like anymore.

And again, a lot of the neighbors stated they didn't know that the children were even there and one that did said she saw the older girl driving the red VW. So, from that, I will assume they saw nothing that concerned them. Honestly, it sounds like they saw nothing much of anything.

769 shares but no comments? Weird..
24b959d81f3ae6a3c0686987bf458e8a.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Yes. I know a gal who just had her 9th child at age 48 a year ago, even going the in vitro method with this last one using eggs from her oldest daughter. Her oldest will be 29 this month. I have no doubt she'd have more if not for her age now.
She is VERY open about her only desire in life being a mom and wife. She is great at it, but it is her entire identity, by choice.

My mother's aunt had 11 children from the 1920s to the 1940s .... the youngest when she was 48 years old - by purely natural means.

Also Welsh poet Dylan Thomas's wife Caitlin went on to have a child after his death, with her young Italian lover. She was 49 years old and conceived naturally.

769 shares but no comments? Weird..

<Snip>

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

These shares will be from the angry members of the public sharing to expose this nightmare. You cannot comment if you are not their friend. I imagine any friends they have do not want to connect their selves with what has happened here.

Yes, it would be great, but that's just not what the world is like anymore.

And again, a lot of the neighbors stated they didn't know that the children were even there and one that did said she saw the older girl driving the red VW. So, from that, I will assume they saw nothing that concerned them. Honestly, it sounds like they saw nothing much of anything.

One of the neighbours referred to the children as like something from the Twilight movies... and another neighbour stated they saw the kids at night. So yes the neighbours were aware of something. Again, I'm not blaming them, just saying that people go about their business, and sometimes it's wrong to ignore things.

These dates of birth do not appear to correspond with the ages of the male children. Just looking at them none of the male 'children' look to be 26 years old or 22 years old.

We know when posted but not when actually taken. Mom has a FB under name Louise Robinette from 2013 . Everything private. I agree they don't look age. Middle boy looks like has some kind of health issues in the Elvis photos.

One of the neighbours referred to the children as like something from the Twilight movies... and another neighbour stated they saw the kids at night. So yes the neighbours were aware of something. Again, I'm not blaming them, just saying that people go about their business, and sometimes it's wrong to ignore things.

Aware of what? That they were outside at night?

Ok. I'm not even going there. The two people to blame are where they need to be right now. I'm sure the neighbors feel bad enough.

Lets agree to disagree :seeya:

I have to wonder if the wedding vow ceremonies timed up with pregnancies in a weird form of &#8220;consummating their marriage&#8221; leading to additional pregnancies. Especially since we only get a glimpse of how often these two really did this Elvis wedding thing. Perhaps the couple know the fertility time frame is evaporating thus keeping these daughters pure and kept at home in order to continue their parents warped procreation thinking.

Ick I feel wrong even thinking about this stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is what I'm thinking too.

Judging from some of the other photos, it appears they liked to vacation in Las Vegas. A somewhat odd choice for a family with many small children, but that would explain the Elvis impersonator. Perhaps it was a favorite wedding chapel there they returned to each time. Don't many of the Vegas chapels feature Elvis impersonators as a tourist gimmick?

Oldest child,daughter born in CA. Mom was 20 so had been married 4 yrs approximately. They have been back in CA approximately 8 yrs going by FB post. Looks like they have lived in 2 homes in CA. So will be interesting to hear from someone from Texas during those years.

Jmho they were around others unsure how often. 17 yr old knew what to do. Thank God.

Aware of what? That they were outside at night?

Ok. I'm not even going there. The two people to blame are where they need to be right now. I'm sure the neighbors feel bad enough.

Here is just what one of the neighbours had to say. Bolded by me.
Kimberley Milligan, 50, who lives opposite the family, said she had only seen the baby in its mother's arms and three other children since she moved to the street two years ago.

She described them as small and pale.

"Why don't we ever see the kids?" she said.

"In hindsight, we would have never thought this, but there were red flags. You never don't hear or see nine kids."

Edited to add the link to the article https://news.sky.com/story/parents-of-13-siblings-chained-and-starved-charged-with-torture-11210082

NSPCC is also quoted as saying
"With a record number of reports of neglect to the NSPCC Helpline last year in the UK, we know that more people are speaking up if they're worried about a neighbour or someone they know .
"We would urge anyone worried about a child they know to pick up the phone, even if you are not sure, as you could help save that child's life and get them the help they desperately need."

It's a fairly easy drive from their location to Las Vegas.

Trying to figure out why they had so many cars if they never went anywhere.

We know they went some, but having that large of a family they had to have either a large van or multiple vehicles. Wonder if any of the adult children had drivers licenses?

That's a lot of people to be left alone, maybe why locked up?

These shares will be from the angry members of the public sharing to expose this nightmare. You cannot comment if you are not their friend. I imagine any friends they have do not want to connect their selves with what has happened here.

There were quite a few comments under their photos from from their family members (sister, MIL) and friends, but those all started disappearing late last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is just what one of the neighbours had to say. Bolded by me.
Kimberley Milligan, 50, who lives opposite the family, said she had only seen the baby in its mother's arms and three other children since she moved to the street two years ago.

She described them as small and pale.

"Why don't we ever see the kids?" she said.

"In hindsight, we would have never thought this, but there were red flags. You never don't hear or see nine kids."

As I already said, lets agree to disagree on whether the neighbors should be blamed or not.

From the cnn article:
Ivan Trahan, an attorney who represented the couple at their bankruptcy hearing, told CNN "there was nothing out of ordinary" about the couple when he worked with them in 2011.
David Turpin made about $140,000 per year working as an engineer at Northrup Grumman, according to the bankruptcy documents. His wife's occupation was listed as "homemaker."
They listed about $150,000 in assets, including about $87,000 from 401k plans from Lockheed Martin and Northrup Grumman, according to court papers. The documents listed debts of about $240,000, which included mostly credit card debt and a foreclosed farm in Rio Vista, Texas, valued at $40,000.
Trahan said neither of the Turpins seemed upset they were going through bankruptcy.

As I already said, lets agree to disagree on whether the neighbors should be blamed or not.

AGAIN I am not blaming the neighbours. But there does lie a level of responsibility within a community to protect the vulnerable. Of course the neighbours will feel bad because they went about their daily lives, and I don't say they shouldn't. There should be more awareness made, where people are encouraged to look out for each other. It's sad times!

Oldest child,daughter born in CA. Mom was 20 so had been married 4 yrs approximately. They have been back in CA approximately 8 yrs going by FB post. Looks like they have lived in 2 homes in CA. So will be interesting to hear from someone from Texas during those years.

Jmho they were around others unsure how often. 17 yr old knew what to do. Thank God.

Could there be older children who already ran off or escaped but no longer acknowledged by parents?
Seems to me from photo, Louise doted on the newest baby. See pics of Santa and of her and baby alone. No other pics of Louise w/ older children, alone. I've known women who adore a new baby but don't give toddlers or older
children any attention once they're past infant age.

Sandcastle School... Really? Really? The State of California obviously does not investigate a school they allow to open. The father is the principal? Amazing, California, amazing. Who's running the education show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257