CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The marriage certificate contains the mothers' maiden names. That doesn't mean they were not married.

YES!! I’m not sure if I’m just having dejavu or what but I can’t stop feeling like I’ve incountered this family or a very similar story in the past. Was there another story of a child escaping and alerting authorities of more victims in the last few years? This is driving me crazy.

If you have ever seen the "awkward family photos" series, they look like they should have been in that. If anyone isn't familiar with that, here's a start https://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/category/photos/the-family-portrait/ If you scroll through, you'll come across ones that ring eerily familiar. So maybe they entered a photo at one point....

~snip

The chapel's Elvis impersonator, Kent Ripley, remembers the family and told CBS News the parents genuinely appeared to care for the family's wellbeing.

"The way the kids looked physically? Thin, but not excessively thin. I thought they were very active as a family....I didn't think that they didn't eat or there was punishment or anything like that," Ripley said. "They were just well behaved. They smiled a lot."

"It's hard to believe that the people that I performed for and entertained and sat and talked before and after entertaining them that this could happen. It's just, it's disturbing, it really is," he said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...a-neighbors-home-chained-kids-describe-shock/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched the youtube wedding video with the entire family dancing. They actually look like they're trying to have fun and may be dancing awkwardly because of the song and singer. My hypothesis is Mom snapped, probably hormone related either from post partum and/or menopause. Her mission in life was to have children and keep having them, for whatever reason. The presser is at 1:00 est time today - 10:00 am pacific. I'm very curious about the torture aspect of this and how long this has been going on. I think something happened in 2016 that triggered this.

A few questions: Do we know if Dad was working? And in California what kind of public assistance is available, is it paid per child? If they were getting any aid wouldn't there be wellness checks?

The marriage certificate contains the mothers' maiden names. That doesn't mean they were not married.

You're right. I didn't think of that and assumed her parents were not together as a married couple, when that may not have been the case. We don't know.

jmo

This is just so sad. Even the older kids have to have serious mental and emotional challenges to still be in the home. I wonder if the older kids were the ones that were restrained and the younger ones not confined. As far as neighbors, they really had no way of knowing how many people were in that home if they never saw activity or them all together. Even if they did see some comings and goings to me the girls look so similar it would be hard to recognize them unless you saw them all together.

This is just so sad. Even the older kids have to have serious mental and emotional challenges to still be in the home. I wonder if the older kids were the ones that were restrained and the younger ones not confined. As far as neighbors, they really had no way of knowing how many people were in that home if they never saw activity or them all together. Even if they did see some comings and goings to me the girls look so similar it would be hard to recognize them unless you saw them all together.

I think it was said that the neighbor saw the oldest girl go out in the red VW so I'm not sure now which were the ones that were restrained.

ETA: However, before reading this, I would have agreed.

I think this escape was planned, maybe a couple kids looking for the right opportunity. And, one brave 17 year old made a run for it.

Hungary, dehydrated, starving children would be in physical pain. Is that why they were shackled?

-Relieved to read these children are in stable condition.

Why are the children wearing a tshirt with the word thing and a number? The parents posted this on the FB page and none of their contacts thought that was super creepy and a red flag?

I live near one of the Disney parks. The shirts are common in the area. They are a play on the children's book, The Cat in the Hat, which has characters called Thing #1 and Thing # 2. Very popular tourist purchase.

Do you suppose some of the "kids" were mentally challenged? Maybe that's why the chains? Was the family receiving $ from the State of California for any reason?

One of the friends is quoted in an article, upthread, saying that the family loved Disneyland and went there a lot.

Hard to believe. Do you have any idea how much it would cost to take a family of 14 to Disney for the day? I don't even want to add it up.
This is something that has me baffled! Did you see the quote from their bankruptcy attorney? He said they didn't seem upset about having to file. He also said they spoke highly of the children, and often took them to Disneyland*. Ummm... It didn't raise red flags that they might be extremely irresponsible, at best, just based on the credit card debt and frequent DISNEYLAND trips?! I mean, obviously this is the least of the problems, but his statement stood out to me when I read it last night.

*not direct quote, but summary

On another note, I had a hard time sleeping after reading about this. I cannot begin to imagine the road ahead of these young people. I wish them the very best, and so much healing and joy in the future.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is something that has me baffled! Did you see the quote from their bankruptcy attorney? He said they didn't seem upset about having to file. He also said they spoke highly of the children, and often took them to Disneyland*. Ummm... It didn't raise red flags that they might be extremely irresponsible, at best, just based on the credit card debt and frequent DISNEYLAND trips?! I mean, obviously this is the least of the problems, but his statement stood out to me when I read it last night.

On another note, I had a hard time sleeping after reading about this. I cannot begin to imagine the road ahead of these young people. I wish them the very best, and so much healing and joy in the future.

Definitely a long road ahead. The children will be under a child protective agency and will be given services, but the adults?

Time for a book...

This is just bizarre. After reading the thread and between the lines on her FB page, it sounds like she was expecting in 2013 and maybe even 2011. If she miscarried then, maybe that's what set her/them off down this dark path. Those poor kids.

Also, the bankruptcy petition lists 4 sons. It may be a mistake but that caught my attention.

Something's been going wrong for over ten years to have all those adults confined to the house.

I had a hard time sleeping too - I'm sure the kids are feeling such a mix of emotions...relief, fear, guilt, confusion, etc. What sort of plan will be made for them?

I worry about the kids and am keeping my fingers crossed that caring people will be there for them.

I couldn't care less what happens to the parents except they need to be kept from the kids.

Disturbing case.

jmo

I think all the kids are theirs.

Whoever mentioned possible ailments for the kids, one being Russell Silver, I looked it up and it definitely could match and could partially explain their young appearances. When you click on "images" for the condition a lot of kids look like these ones.

But the emaciation?

In the Dr. Suess Thing 1-12 photo, some of the girls look very, very thin but the worst is the oldest male. He has zero fat pads in his cheeks. The skin of his cheeks is wrinkled and sunken. He looks like an anorexic.

What is very concerning to think about ar this point is what will happen to the kids ages over 18 to 29. They aren't old enough for foster care. But if they've been isolated all their lives, homeschooled and kept in the home with no one but each other and their crazy parents to socialize with, how on earth will they survive?

Eventually they can probably get social security disability (the disability being stunted by neglect and abuse), but that doesn't pay enough to survive. And they likely utterly lack social skills. I don't think their parents had any. (They are very odd, pathological-looking people).

Where can they live? Who will take care of them and teach them the skills they need to live? Does the state care for them and if so, how? Group homes?

It's a total mess.
I wonder if they might be able to get into treatment programs similar to what Jaycee Duggard have done after being found. There are extensive residential treatment programs that can really get their treatment started before having to really get back to life and society. I hope people can donate for them to have this opportunity.

Those charges have me worried. From reading the law, and what has been reported, I don't see how the torture charges will hold up in court. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see how they can successfully prosecute that. That leaves just the child endangerment charges. Those charges seem like a no brainer. But if I'm correct, a child endangerment conviction could get them as little as a couple of years in prison. Maybe there will be other charges coming.
I have a feeling those charges are just the surface ones for the arrest. I expect more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member