CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE has seen the FB posts. Cannot comment on what changed at this time.

The stunting of growth is something that would have had to have happened over a prolonged period. This is not a new issue. (Child abuse pediatrician speaking at the presser)

Appealing to the community for them to be eyes and ears because there may be others being abused. We all need to do that, notice and report anything we see as a red flag.

They will try to identify family members that could provide them care.

They do not have enough information, at this stage, to confirm the length of time the abuse continued but based on what they have seen, it has been a prolonged period.

(I'm sitting in a coffee shop, MacBook out, earphones in, typing as fast as I can to get the information onto this thread before they begin to answer anything else... the guy next to me is giving me the "She's crazy" eye) :D

(I'm sitting in a coffee shop, MacBook out, earphones in, typing as fast as I can to get the information onto this thread before they begin to answer anything else... the guy next to me is giving me the "She's crazy" eye) :D
We appreciate it! Thank you [emoji178][emoji525][emoji192]

i think they might have been inspired by one of those sects, but there are enough differences that i think they're definitely their own tribe. The girls wear pants, the mom's wedding gown has bare arms and shoulders and make-up, etc. No minister at the weddings, just elvis in a secular chapel....and nothing overtly religious on their page at all from what i can see, except for the common nativity christmas decoration. No prayers, religous memes, pics of church community friends/events, etc. Very, very odd.

My theory too.

Homeschooling is actually more expensive. You still pay taxes for the public school district but you have to buy your own curriculum, equipment, supplies, etc. (i've never done it but know many normal people with amazing kids who have.). Even if you could write some of that off, and maybe in some states you can, it's not a way to make or save money. I think that is just more evidence of how crazy controlled these kids lives were.

bbm

Agreed -- I think the parents knew that if any of their older children escaped, that outsiders would know that something was wrong somehow -- oddly dressed (most likely); thin-thin-thin; hungry/thirsty; pale or gray skin; odd eye-contact, if any; paranoid of everything; not in any way healthy-looking, etc., IMO. Probably alarming motions, speech, fear of whatever or whoever they saw, etc. A magnet for social-workers, medical personnel, and LE. This girl who escaped was special, and she somehow figured that there had to be help "outside." No way the parents could let their "young" children out of the house. SMH.

Will these children ever recover -- and would they want to recover? Their parents -- such injustice, cruelty, selfishness, and wrong, wrong, wrong.

Have any children expressed a desire to be back with their parents? They cannot answer that. They will be in hospital as long as is needed.

They are all together - 5 females and 2 males over 18 and that are all together in a specially set up area of the hospital. What about the minors??

Daily Mail has photos of the family from their FB page

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5272703/Police-13-siblings-chained-California-home.html

All the children are dressed alike in the family portraits.

Same photos now posted at this link

http://ktla.com/2018/01/15/kids-fou...ms-held-captive-in-perris-home-sheriffs-dept/

One photo shows the parents and kids in what looks like a wedding ceremony.

LE are asking for any information from the public about the family.

Interesting that the FB page has similar wedding photos being posted across multiple years. One news source said that the parents renewed their vows three times in three different years. Maybe that's it--and the same outfits on the kids might have been handed down. But in only one does the Mom's hairstyle change (maybe 2011). It's very odd to see the same or similar pics being constantly posted as cover photos, weekly in some cases. Maybe trying to keep their page continually showing up in their friends' newsfeeds? Dad's hair looks like it might be a wig. But then all the boys have the same style. 70s throwback.

They are all together - 5 females and 2 males over 18 and that are all together in a specially set up area of the hospital. What about the minors??

All the minors were sent to a different hospital.

They do not have enough information, at this stage, to confirm the length of time the abuse continued but based on what they have seen, it has been a prolonged period.

It has been since well before the FB pics we can see, IMO when I was unwell and 78lbs at 5’2” I didn’t look as thin as those children did in the Dr. Seuss shirt photo. If they were significantly malnourished from preteen years or earlier they will not have gone through puberty as the body uses what nourishment it gets for basic survival and cannot produce the necessary hormones for growth and advancing possibility of reproduction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member