CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not caught up on reading so forgive me if this has been posted already.

Article with an interview from the mom's sister.

'She never let us talk to her kids. She wouldn't even accept my Facebook request. We all wondered what was going on. My parents booked several flights to go see them but when they got there they wouldn't tell them where to go and my parents left crying every time. They died before they got to see them again. It's just heartbreaking and I'm so embarrassed about all of this.'

http://dailym.ai/2rgNNy2

Which is weird being that the sister comment on a picture of LT holding a baby saying "That's my sister with my baby". So at one point LT did friend her sister on Facebook, otherwise the sister wouldn't have been able to post that to her picture since it's not an open Facebook page.

Unless they had evidence the children were in danger, I doubt the police would have done anything. Adults are allowed to break off ties with relatives.

Perhaps LE could justify a simple wellness check. Knock on the door and ask if everything is ok. That might be enough to reveal whether something is wrong in the household. Relatives have come forward in past cases where there were concerns about children who hadn't been seen in years. It would probably require some persuasion of local LE, but maybe this case will alert local police departments that sometimes these requests for visits are justified.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-perris-children-shackled-20180115-story.html

Video of the parents being taken away from a neighbors security cam.

I did not see that in the video.

I feel for them, to a point. Why did NO ONE called the cops with suspicions? I mean, come on. You go visit and they don't meet you at the airport/don't give you an address/send you back? they are all cagey? and you do nothing? Nothing at all?

Unless they had evidence the children were in danger, I doubt the police would have done anything. Adults are allowed to break off ties with relatives.

Call for a welfare check. I think the police would do that. "Something odd is happening. We haven't been allowed to see or talk to the kids in years. The parents are acting secretive. Could you please do a welfare check."

But they'd probably just put the kids in layers of clothes, hide the chains and clean the house. People like these are good at evading detection.

There has to be someone in the family that suspected something! There's two sets of grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc...how can this happen? Were the kids always home schooled?

Perhaps LE could justify a simple wellness check. Knock on the door and ask if everything is ok. That might be enough to reveal whether something is wrong in the household. Relatives have come forward in past cases where there were concerns about children who hadn't been seen in years. It would probably require some persuasion of local LE, but maybe this case will alert local police departments that sometimes these requests for visits are justified.

Yeah and if LE could ask standard questions during welfare checks- "How much do you eat every day? What were your last three meals? Where do you go to school? Show me what you're studying right now. Where do you sleep? Show me. How often do you bathe?"

But the family have the right to not let them in not allow the kids to be interviewed.

Yeah and if LE could ask standard questions during welfare checks- "How much do you eat every day? What were your last three meals? Where do you go to school? Show me what you're studying right now. Where do you sleep? Show me. How often do you bathe?"

But the family have the right to not let them in not allow the kids to be interviewed.

Thanks for this gitana... that is disturbing! :eek::confused:

I notice some of the kids seem to have some issues with speech. An impediment maybe? And the older girls don't appear to have reached puberty really. What happened here? Are they being starved to remain little girls? Do they have a condition? They have height so I'm not sure.

If you read up on starvation, it stops the hormonal changes which come during puberty. Puberty doesn't occur if the body is so malnourished. Also not mentioned yet- besides the brain suffering decline during starvation major organs
may also be negatively affected. Heart, kidneys and brain all affected and may not improve with re-feeding.

In the animal world, when rescued, starved horses are taken in, there's a condition called "re-feeding syndrome" where
the caretaker must use extreme caution when starting a re-nourishment program or the animal's organs can shut down
if care and a defined, measured feeding schedule is not maintained. Since the body has been subsisting on so little nutrition for
a long period of time, damage may be done to the body and organs if done too quickly.

Their bankruptcy paperwork indicates they had "between 50-99 " creditors, mostly consumer debt. Guessing they had many maxed out credit cards, money spent on their Disneyland trips (?!!!???!!!) and perhaps on their 3 cars and van (but only 2 drivers?).

Thirteen children, yes, but what expenses did they have for children who were barely fed, who didn't go to school, didn't have friends, and who weren't allowed outside except to do yardwork and serve as bizarre , passive/staged backdrop to their deeply warped parents' fantasy excursions?

To clarify, I was responding to a poster talking about the mandatory retirement savings plans that corporate entities like Northrup Grummen operate for employees. That $80K mentioned earlier was probably all employer contributions and zero employee contributions.

I wasn't talking about David / Louise saving money from his net paycheck, which is a separate matter. Maybe they spent it all on Disney collectibles. Maybe they dined out everyday while their children starved. :notgood:

I'm not caught up on reading so forgive me if this has been posted already.

Article with an interview from the mom's sister.

'She never let us talk to her kids. She wouldn't even accept my Facebook request. We all wondered what was going on. My parents booked several flights to go see them but when they got there they wouldn't tell them where to go and my parents left crying every time. They died before they got to see them again. It's just heartbreaking and I'm so embarrassed about all of this.'

http://dailym.ai/2rgNNy2

I saw the sister comments under many of the photos on the parents’ FB yesterday. The sister deleted all of her comments and removed her FB page late last night. So, if this is the same sister (who’s an author), talking with the Daily Mail, she and her sister were FB friends as of last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What an odd story! Logging on here since I live fairly close by. I think it is her baby, I know of several women who conceived naturally around that age. Its def. possible. The girls in their late 20's- at least two IMO look special needs. They are all so thin and pale in the photos. Def. brainwashed and kept captive most their lives. Something must have happened to make the brave 17 year old snap and seek help. Perhaps the chaining of the youngest. I think more info will come out as time goes on. Praying for these poor children and adults that were kept in a child-like state.

Looking through the pictures, even with the vagaries about when they took place, I don't see any breast development in any of the girls (trying to figure out which ones might now be adults). Severe malnutrition? I note that all of the children/adults were admitted to hospitals for treatment. More than just malnutrition?

There has to be someone in the family that suspected something! There's two sets of grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc...how can this happen? Were the kids always home schooled?

Until today, his parents were on David/Louise's FB page. They have removed themselves since yesterday. they were the only relative, besides her sister, who were on David/Louise's FB pg.

So there are possibly/probably many other family groups living this way ?? Good lord, how can they be helped? Apologies for my ignorance, but is there a social services organisation that keeps a check on families? The childrens' births are registered it seems, so is there no way the States keep a check on children's health, education, etc?
Poor, poor children, how will they ever adjust to the 'normal' world that exists outside what they have endured?.

The thing is that in the US we have a strong affinity for independence and privacy in our culture. And that is backed by our constitution which prohibits interference without probable cause that a crime is being committed.

People here are very leery of government. No one would abide routine welfare checks by social services. Most here are suspicious of social services to begin with and view the agency as one that hassles innocent people and fails to protect obviously abused kids.

There really are no easy answers in cases like this. Maybe we all need to be more involved with each other as humans. Ask more questions and show more concern.

LE is bound by the necessity of warrants but CPS /DCFS can remove kids while investigating. If they had been called for a check, done so and learned the ages of the kids this could have been stopped. Had they been aware there were no less than 13 neglected and malnourished children and a surprise home visit called for by anyone, this would have stopped years ago.

28 years “of memories together” in this one. And the Elvis guy comments welcomes “ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for mommy and daddy!” Why are there never other guests?

there may be a pattern to these wedding renewals, every two years since 2011. Videos of weddings appeared:

26th celebration 10/29/2011 -no kids present https://youtu.be/jG_GQdRANkU

28 years together(9/2/2013) https://youtu.be/V_FShQVnJIw

30 years together (10/31/2015) https://youtu.be/w5Mw-AgH3jc

After today’s news conference, video included: http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018...-tortured-kids-perplexed-when-police-arrived/
-the daughter had escaped through a window.
-Fellows said the investigation has so far found no indication of sexual abuse but that the conditions amounted to torture.
-the mother seemed “perplexed” when deputies came to the house
-the family lived in this home since 2014
-no evidence of secual abuse at this point

Trying to figure out why they had so many cars if they never went anywhere.

Maybe back when they were more normal they did go places. Clearly they went to Disney and Vegas. They'd need all those cars to fit everyone.

On another note its strange how they showed baby in photos on FB and neighbors mentioned seeing her quite a bit. Until suddenly that stopped. It's like when they get to a certain age they hide them away. Why?

Another family that has similar attributes is the Wolf pack family.

I had occasion a few years ago to request a welfare check on a woman in another state whom I knew professionally, but not personally. Local law enforcement responded promptly and called me back and explained the situation that had caused me alarm as to her well-being. They requested my information when I made the report, but asked me if I wanted to remain anonymous (I said I was fine with disclosure to her only, which they ended up not providing). She lived in an upscale neighborhood, which may have helped.

I saw the sister comments under many of the photos on the parents’ FB yesterday. The sister deleted all of her comments and removed her FB page late last night. So, if this is the same sister (who’s an author), talking with the Daily Mail, she and her sister were FB friends as of last night.

I can still see the sisters comments now and I am currently on her FB page so it has not been deleted.

Maybe back when they were more normal they did go places. Clearly they went to Disney and Vegas. They'd need all those cars to fit everyone.

On another note its strange how they showed baby in photos on FB and neighbors mentioned seeing her quite a bit. Until suddenly that stopped. It's like when they get to a certain age they hide them away. Why?

Another family that has similar attributes is the Wolf pack family.

The mom stops breast feeding? Toddlers malnutrition begins. Just a thought.

Looking through the pictures, even with the vagaries about when they took place, I don't see any breast development in any of the girls (trying to figure out which ones might now be adults). Severe malnutrition? I note that all of the children/adults were admitted to hospitals for treatment. More than just malnutrition?

I noticed that, too.

I found this website:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4266867/

It has a good description of what malnutrition does to puberty.

Another oddity, to me at least. The older girls are wearing heels during the 'weddings'. I didn't expect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne