CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pretty horrifying. It's always crazy to think that even when you look at photos online, or even when you see kids smiling out in the world, that they go home and could be abused and neglected. Sadly, this is way too common.

When I heard news about the mother this morning they said something interesting. They said that mother had all the children dressed the same and they would line up and walk into restaurants based on either height/age (can't remember which one it was, sorry) with dad always following from the back.

Is this some strange case of OCD, and why didn't dad step up and protect the children?

If they were walking into restaurants, it must not have been recent. (ugh). Dressing the children alike and having them walk in formation draws attention to them and to you as the recipients of bountiful blessings.

They might not want attention from authorities or social services, but they usually want attention and praise within their circles for their fruitfulness.

I'm confused as to why everyone is assuming the guilt of the mother and questioning why the father didn't help. It was more than likely a folie à deux rather than a good parent/bad parent situation.

Not everyone is :wave: Folie à deux is much more likely imo.

This is pretty horrifying. It's always crazy to think that even when you look at photos online, or even when you see kids smiling out in the world, that they go home and could be abused and neglected. Sadly, this is way too common.

When I heard news about the mother this morning they said something interesting. They said that mother had all the children dressed the same and they would line up and walk into restaurants based on either height/age (can't remember which one it was, sorry) with dad always following from the back.

Is this some strange case of OCD, and why didn't dad step up and protect the children?

I'm getting a very patriarchal vibe from the father's history. It could be that he's also compulsive about these behaviors. Since there are indications there's some form of religion involved, it's most likely the father is the one who is making the rules and controlling the behavior of the wife and children. It would explain his taking a child/wife who was much younger and hadn't even completed high school.

We also protect the rights of minor children, those who aren't old enough to make their own choices and take care of themselves. This is really an issue of the state needing to protect the rights of minors from abuse. Their rights count, too. They have a right to be well fed and live in a safe, clean environment. They also have the right to formal education until they're age 18.

Since we're seeing a rise in child abuse in situations where children are schooled at home, perhaps the best option is to require parents who are home schooling children to bring them into school periodically for the same educational testing and health checks (vision, hearing, etc.) that kids in public schools receive. It would give authorities the opportunity to make sure home schooled children are being properly educated and are receiving adequate nutrition and health care.

Do you have any statistics to back up the claim that there is a rise in abuse in homeachooled families?

Thank of the cases we follow here. The dozens and dozens of caes, whred children ARE in school and being abused/mistreated /murdered at home.

From ancestry.com

Jennifer Dawn Turpin born to (only Louise is listed in index) 28 Jul 1988 in LA County, CA
Joshua David Turpin born to David and Louise on 3 Feb 1992 in Tarrant County, TX
Jessica Louise Turpin born to David and Louise on 3 Nov 1993 in Tarrant County, TX
Jonathan Wayne Turpin born to David and Louise on 17 Nov 1995 in Tarrant County, TX
Joy Donna Turpin born to David and Louise on 21 May 1997 in Tarrant County, TX

So those "boys" in the pictures are now 25 (almost 26) and 22. The latest picture I saw was 2016, so not that long ago. Even if it was a full two years ago they do not look anywhere close to 20 and 23 in those pictures. 😥

Did they attend church?
Or just show up to be blessed by Elvis every year, dressed in white?

In one of the linked articles (or maybe an article linked from a linked article), the West Virginia grandparents said they are Pentecostal, but no affiliated with any church. Also said the many children were sent by God as a blessing.

This stuff sounds to me like possible religious cultism (such as quivering). One way to hold people captive is to convince them that everyone beyond the household is evil. Many such groups are highly patriarchal and rely on Old Testament scripture to support/excuse extremes of corporal punishment. Such chastising is viewed as necessary to save the souls of the children. And yes, some go well beyond "the rod," to include things like withholding food, sending children out of doors without warm clothing (until they relent to whatever is being demanded of them), and one supposes could also lead to chaining them up to prevent their escape into the evil world.

I'm confused as to why everyone is assuming the guilt of the mother and questioning why the father didn't help. It was more than likely a folie à deux rather than a good parent/bad parent situation.

Agreed. The father had the benefit of a college education, a successful career (at least for several years), and thus some exposure to social norms.

Not to mention the mother was married at 16 and came from a home where her younger sister alleges she (Louise's sister) was sexually abused for years by someone who should have loved and protected her -- and that the sexual abuse happened to start about the time Louise was married. Who knows if the mother (Louise) ever observed a functional adult relationship or capable parenting herself. Note that this DOES NOT excuse what happened to those children.

I agree with what you're saying. He is really all she has other than the kids. I'm not sure she was even the one posting on facebook, he could have been the one doing that too. It's just so odd how it seems to stop mid 2016.

I'd also be willing to guess there's not much use of the internet or television in their household. No chance for Mom to watch tv shows where she might learn about proper health and nutrition or how healthy children look. She should know better, though. I'm sensing some kind of OCD related to food and meal time. Some people have a lot of paranoia and obsessive thinking about how much and what they eat, e.g. anorexic behavior. The mom looks pretty well fed, though.

So those "boys" in the pictures are now 25 (almost 26) and 22. The latest picture I saw was 2016, so not that long ago. Even if it was a full two years ago they do not look anywhere close to 20 and 23 in those pictures. ��

I was looking at the three girls in this Vegas wedding video (start around 14:36) and realized these girls are probably teenagers. Horrifying. When they speak briefly in the microphone, their voices are very high pitched, like little children. It almost sounds like they don't even speak often.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_FShQVnJIw&feature=youtu.be

ETA: The poor boy at 24:00. He looks so thin. This video was made in 2013, so those kids were malnourished even then.

These wedding vow renewals really bring out the latent desperation in Elvis's music."I'm caught in a trap / I can't walk out" indeed.

there is another fundamentalist christian family out there that has a blog..
David and Jill Rodrigues and the photos of their kids are strikingly similar to these kids..
All the kids are horriblly thin, the parents are well fed, especially the dad.

The mom is stuck in the 80s, with horrible hair and horrible 80s makeup and all the poor girls are made to wear this awful makeup...

check them out, they are awfuly similar to these people.. they live in a trailer with 13 kids, shes pregnant with the newest, they kept the baby in a small cage/crib in the closet of the RV.

Pure speculation ahead***
Reading that some of the kids tried to memorize the whole Bible really sets me off. This reminds me of my own family and background. It goes beyond brainwashing. Brainwashing assumes you had regular thinking at one point and then were manipulated into changing your thinking. But if you're born into that type of mindset and taught it from birth you have no other reference to go on. It is everything and it is normal. Them trying to memorize the whole Bible makes me think they were trying desperately to gain parental approval and to please God. Probably they complied with everything the parents did out of the ' honor your father' mentality in which you don't question your father's ( or mother's) motives. You just do as your told because displeasing a parent means displeasing God and that is a fast track to hell. I would even guess that some of these older children are probably terrified that one got out and found help and now they are in a very precarious place with their salvation and future. They are now ' free' in the world but if they've been taught that the world is bad and only their family and their religion is good enough then they may not want to be free in the world. There are countless forums online for survivors of these types of religious teachings because the psychological scarring is deep and permanent. Even without being chained or starved, it can be abusive. You can run away and leave the family and start over in a new place, but you can never get away from the teaching.
Again this is speculative*** but I'd bet money on it being very near the truth...... a lot of money.

I'd lay my odds with yours. I thought the same, only I don't believe these two identify with any "church" per se. I think they've splintered off, and onto their own little world, or follows ideologies of some type of loosely organized group. The kids will absolutely need assistance in assimilating to their new lives. Big change, I'd guess. I hope that the people around them, get them what they need. I would also not doubt some paranoia going on with the parents.

It is hard to keep a teenage rebel, at home, who wants to leave, but to be able to keep a 29 y/o home? Weddings and Disney were probably the only safe places. Thank Heaven, for this little teen rebel, she saved the day.

I'd also be willing to guess there's not much use of the internet or television in their household. No chance for Mom to watch tv shows where she might learn about proper health and nutrition or how healthy children look. She should know better, though. I'm sensing some kind of OCD related to food and meal time. Some people have a lot of paranoia and obsessive thinking about how much and what they eat, e.g. anorexic behavior. The mom looks pretty well fed, though.
Anorexia by proxy?

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

You know what else is freakin disturbing? The 2013 marriage vow video...and the Facebook pics. Their family had to know those girls were actually grown women dressed like little girls. They had to know the oldest was about 25 there. Noone found it odd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there is another fundamentalist christian family out there that has a blog..
David and Jill Rodrigues and the photos of their kids are strikingly similar to these kids..
All the kids are horriblly thin, the parents are well fed, especially the dad.

The mom is stuck in the 80s, with horrible hair and horrible 80s makeup and all the poor girls are made to wear this awful makeup...

check them out, they are awfuly similar to these people.. they live in a trailer with 13 kids, shes pregnant with the newest, they kept the baby in a small cage/crib in the closet of the RV.

I just checked it out. You're right. The boys in the photo on the main page look emaciated. I hope someone visits their home to make sure the kids are ok.

If all I had seen were the wedding videos I would have assumed that the dresses and suits were rented via the wedding chapel and that was why they used the same ones a couple of times. I do think that Mom's dresses were part of the inventory. But the Disney clothing and other group shots put an end to that theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne