CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I don't think she looks anorexic, here... She looks petite and in good shape. Make up is not that flattering, but skin, nails and hair look healthy to me. This photo, even tho posted 2013 could be a scanned older photo? That's my guess.

She's very thin though. You cann see depth around her collar bone, dark circles, she doesn't look a healthy weight.

Unless they had evidence the children were in danger, I doubt the police would have done anything. Adults are allowed to break off ties with relatives.

Police can be very unhelpful. They want evidence of abuse.

But police will do wellness checks at request of any concerned citizen and CPS is required to follow up on every call. WHY did no one call for a check on these kids?

**so strange as a person who was (mostly) independent of my family since I finished high school at 16, am 36 now and calling these 29 year old people kids or children. My 14 year old refers to herself as “a strong, independent woman.” She works hard for what she wants, learns her interests inside and out and excels in them and has a pile of very supportive close friends.

I’ve never understood kids wanting to be dependent after they are of adult age or parents who want to keep their kids dependent. IMHO our job as parents is to prepare our children to lead happy and productive lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A wellness check doesn't permit them to enter the home. They arrive ask if everyone is okm then leave. That's it. Easy to lie.

Yeah but as someone else said, usually what the father allows is allowed, even if it varies form the typical dictates. But you're so right. I have heard many times about how Disney is of the devil.

I note that the Duggars (they're IFB, not Pentecostal, but do not believe in music with a significant beat or dancing), have gone to Disneyland with their kids. So I think it depends.

There is another, odd, religious mega-family that has something like 12 sons and the youngest is a daughter. Very religious, homeschooled, home businesses. The boys are now in their 30's and still at home. They have some sort of bridal photography thing they do, ironically. pretty good at it too.

They tend to wear the fundamentalist mega-family uniform of button up, cotton short sleeve shirts and khakis.

But the mom wears short hair, shorts and sleevleess tops at times!

Very weird. The adults sons serenade "Mommy and Daddy" in their bedroom on their birthdays. So odd.

This is untrue. CPS cannot detain children without probable cause that abuse or neglect is occurring. Thinness is not enough.
bbm
CPS needs a warrent to remove, true, but it's easy for them to get regardless of any evidence. They can go before a judge, ex parte hearing, lie and have the kids before the end of the day. I have seen this at least a half a dozen times when I worked as a court advocate...

Of course the parents can go to the 72 hour hearing with proof that the claims were unfounded, but by then it's too late, because CPS will just claim, "well now we have "other concerns". (They had time to interogate the kids and it's amazing what they can come up with!).

I had to quit volunteering as an advocate because it's absolutely disgusting, what goes on, but no way to expose. (Total immunity and all that).

So yeah, they could have got the the kids in this case, but probably wouldn't have taken them. jmo.

I’m trying to play out the daughters escape in my mind. Once she was free and calling for help on the phone she managed to grab, I wonder if she was afraid that no one would believe her? She had no reason to trust the outside world IMO. When the police went to the home, would she have been taken to the door, therefore confronting her parents? Hopefully she was kept in a safe place such as a police car with an officer to help her through this ordeal. What a brave young woman.

Her parents must have been asleep when she made her getaway.
I wonder if she chose Sunday on purpose?

I wonder that too and think maybe she knew of a plan to harm them.

VERY interesting theory!

No pics since 2016...

Perhaps things had been spiraling downward (even further) since then...

and one of the parents was getting to a point of "ending it all"?

Justified by religious reasons? ...("these children should not have to live longer in an evil world"...)

"If I go... Everyone must go!"

More???

And this was what gave the 17-year-old the motivation to make the break and make the call?

All just thoughts going through my head...:thinking:

Forgive me if this has been brought up recently, I’m a few pages behind.
To some degree I completely get that the extended family would not see a red flag concerning the children based on not speaking to them. That is if we were actually thinking in normal terms. SO HUGE RED FLAG....when you don’t hear of graduation from high school/college, moving to their first apt/house plans, marriage plans, baby plans...I honestly think the majority of these kids are mentally delayed (whether genetically or by abuse). How else can you not think it’s odd that none of these kids seem to become adults?

That is ODD. PERIOD. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same. My daughter, nieces and nephews range from 3rd grade to 25. There are jobs, sports, graduations, boyfriends, girlfriends. So weird.

Assuming that 911 works on a cell phone that's not activated? Heroic daughter was also smart to take photos to show what was going on. That makes me wonder if she's tried to get help before and it didn't work out.

Oh I agree. This was a perfect storm due to two, dysfunctional people, IMO.

Holy smokes. Can anyone explain this? That kid was 18 by my accounts in that video in 2013. He looks to be about 11 or 12!!!

(On a side note, the Elvis impersonator looks more like Scott Baio. And I also want to know hat he has to say!!!!)

According to Kent Ripley, the Las Vegas entertainer and Elvis impersonator who was present when the Turpins renewed their vows, there seemed to be nothing amiss. He said the couple renewed their vows at the Elvis Chapel at least three times, including for their 30th wedding anniversary. He has not seen the family since 2016, he said.

He described the allegations as “shocking. Through the years, I actually remember them every well,” Ripley said in an interview with Heavy.com. “It’s not every day you meet a family with 12, 13 kids.” He said the couple had 11 children the first time he met them, but the family kept growing.

“They were unique because of the size of the family, the Brady Bunch times 2 plus 1,” he said of the first time he met them. “They seemed to enjoy themselves as a family, they seemed to get along, and the children were well-behaved.”

He said the children “definitely were skinny but seemed to be active and always going places and doing stuff. I do remember they were taught at home; they were home schooled. David had a fairly decent job. To support the family, he was a hard worker.”

According to Ripley, the children “all dressed alike,” and the boys had the same bowl-like haircut as their father. “I joked to him about being a Beatles fan and having a Beatles haircut,” said Ripley. “They seemed to enjoy each other,” he said of the family. “I’m speechless. I hope the kids are okay…David seemed to be very much caring for the kids and his wife.”

https://heavy.com/news/2018/01/david-louise-turpin-video-facebook-allen-anna/

For anyone defending the 'parents'... dressing them alike is not a crime.(Weird, yes !)
Doing things together as a family is not a crime.

But chaining and starving your own flesh and blood is horrendous.
That IS a crime . The sperm and egg donor have been arrested and charged with multiple counts.
There is no excuse for what they were doing.
And it takes time to have those young adult children to be starved so that they appeared to be much younger.
Years of starvation and god knows what else.
No excuse !
:moo:

Oh I agree. This was a perfect storm due to two, dysfunctional people, IMO.

Holy smokes. Can anyone explain this? That kid was 18 by my accounts in that video in 2013. He looks to be about 11 or 12!!!

(On a side note, the Elvis impersonator looks more like Scott Baio. And I also want to know hat he has to say!!!!)

JMO
Holy smoke is right.
This video brought me to tears and it speaks volumes.

The Elvis gentleman was actually very good and this would have been a great memory video if not for knowing the parents were chaining their kids to their rooms and keeping them isolated from society.

Its painful to watch as you can tell the kids do not have much experience with things like dancing or even wearing heels as the one child practically fell down as the mother went down the isle.

The most startling thing to me was the older kids voices sounded very high pitched and child like. Someone else mentioned that earlier. Im not sure if that is a sign of a lack of development but it sure could be.

All I know for sure is the video made me feel very sorry for them knowing what they may have gone through in their lives up to this point.

I sincerely hope they get the help they are surely going to need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_FShQVnJIw&feature=youtu.be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member