CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How old was her Instagram account? By the time I found it, all of the posts were deleted. I did notice though that a lot of her followers seem to be from the Middle East, so I doubt she knew any of her followers IRL. Did anyone here see any of the posts on the Instagram account before they were deleted?

In regards to why she didn’t call 911 from inside the house. Maybe there was a last straw... meaning something significant happened or was threatened to happen in the upcoming days. And she knew it was now or never, and was too scared to call from inside the house. Idk, just a thought.

Also, who and how figured out this was her YouTube account? Unless it was leaked from someone close to the case, the odds of someone finding that account and linking it to her seem like 1 in a million. Are we even sure it’s really her?
A PP said the account was creates Dec 2017. Apparently it was leaked to the Daily Mail.it would be interesting to know how it got leaked (if it is true).

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Sure,

But that video was made before all this horror came to light. She's in the Turpin home with the dogs and filthy clothes.

Satch

I'm not sure what you mean. Could you explain.

I googled the 17 year old's youtube alias and there are some screen shots of the vids on google images.

I'm so confused. She doesn't look 10 or whatever the news was saying, she looks her age and healthy.

We haven't seen her in person.

A PP said the account was creates Dec 2017. Apparently it was leaked to the Daily Mail.it would be interesting to know how it got leaked (if it is true).

I bet defense. They know it would cause confusion.

I'm still a little skeptical that it is her but one thing I did notice was on the Twitter account, there are no real friends on there. Now a teenager these days would usually be following tons of friends, acquaintances, etc. The girl on this twitter feed mainly follows only Justin Beiber fan accounts. That does stick out to me like a sore thumb.

It looks like one of the kids to me.

I believe it's her.

This is a truly bizarre situation, parents, and home life. (Not to mention all the criminal offenses that happened.) It will not be the last bizarre thing we hear about or development in the case. Hold onto your seats, it will not stop being weird.

I'm just glad she did get out and they are safe. All the rest will shake out with time.

I have felt from day one that a lot of the media coverage of this case has been sensationalistic and misleading, right from that first headline about "13 Shackled Children Rescued".

The statements about what the kids went through came straight from the DA and hospital officials who made public statements. They weren't trying to be sensational, lying or exaggerating IMO. The DA seemed grimly matter of fact and was professionally controlling his emotion.

Remember, the same little girl who made those videos and photos took photos of what was going on, with her phone.

These kids were tortured. That one victim may have posted YouTube videos of herself singining doesn't negate that, even though she doesn't look like a holocaust victim or homeless person in those videos.

She is the one who was strong enough to escape. But nothing suggests she wasn't systematically abused and malnourished over time to the point that her overall height and level of outward puberty was stunted, even if it looks like her hair isn't matted and she isn't a skeleton.

It took her two years. Clearly she had the strength when she escaped, to do so. Thank God. Because others in her family were ill enough by that point to be hospitalized for an extended period. Thank God she wasn't.

It appears she escaped during a period in which she was somehow given more freedom (not shackled) and more food privileges for enough time that she had the physical ability and mental fortitude to do what she needed to do.

Thank God.

I believe it's her.

This is a truly bizarre situation, parents, and home life. (Not to mention all the criminal offenses that happened.) It will not be the last bizarre thing we hear about or development in the case. Hold onto your seats, it will not stop being weird.

I'm just glad she did get out and they are safe. All the rest will shake out with time.

I'm with you. She looks like one of the kids. And I'm afraid to hear what else there is to this case. But the father seems to be aware much more is coming out. He is conscious of his guilt. Gross.

The twitter account reminds me of what my ten-year-old would do if she had access to Twitter. Find the musicians she likes and follow them. She also wouldn’t have any friends to follow if kept in isolation. I haven’t seen any of the pics or videos...just the one with the dog. I thought that one was interesting on how quiet she was and not really talking to the dog. I’ll bet she found it (cell phone) when they went out and she was just sneaking it. Maybe it was the view of the outside world that gave her that drive to escape. She mentioned a quote about fear “Never let your fear decide your future.” on 12/18. She was really into the inspirational tweets from @Somethinglikekites!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found the retweet of the song "love doesn't hurt" interesting. :(
ETA: I see no retweets from somethinglikekites??? I do see the bieber stuff, etc.

I was thinking the same thing. This is the same girl who managed to escape, so she obviously was a little different than the rest. She didn't seem to be as "brainwashed" as the others.

I bet, like someone else said, either LT or DT got a new phone and just left this one lying around and she started using it. I also agree that, as someone else said, there were probably different levels of abuse. I think the oldest daughter probably got a lot of abuse, based on how thin and sickly she always looks, and also the middle son. The oldest son, on the other hand, was probably a favored one, since he has glasses and got to go to college.

Here's another sick thought. Maybe the phone was a "reward" for being the subject of the lewd acts?!?

And I'm sure the house had internet since DT was an engineer and most houses have it nowadays.

My best guess on the phone is this:
Mom gets new phone for Christmas. Mom removes sim card from old phone, and moves it to new phone. She thinks this has disabled the old phone, but is not tech savvy enough to think of removing the saved WIFI password. Escaper finds phone, realizes that the WIFI works and has some fun with it, but it takes her a few weeks to figure out that you can still call 911 on a cell phone that has no SIM card.

Or maybe, as you say, Escaper was given the deactivated phone as a reward for being the "favored" child at the time. I suspect the favored child rotated - now this one, now that one, to keep everyone on their toes and vying for any small privileges.

Either way, I bet that cell phone was precious.

There is a lot we don’t know.

For one thing, we don’t know if “Lacey’s” social media “presence” was really J-8’s idea and secret from the parents or something that for some reason the parents allowed or even encouraged. If it is true that Louise was fantasizing that they could become a reality show, she may have seen the social media accounts (which she might have oversight of) and the videos as something that would make her “brand” more interesting.

In any case, it would not be so odd for some of these kids to have familiarity with and some access to the internet. The oldest daughter agreed to let her cousin play her singing on her blog. The oldest son attended college. Their mother had a facebook page to which she proudly added family things.

In my opinion, the most likely scenario is that (some of) the kids had occasional access to the internet depending on how D and L were feeling.

It is also probable that the young people had some sort of secret life/ system of alliances that their parents were not aware of. They certainly seem united now. Therefore, I think it is probable that J-8 had help with the videos and the social media. The instagram and twitter accounts were mostly to “follow” people and to have a contact for the you-tube videos. The siblings may have shared the social media accounts. And someone seems to have shot at least a couple of the videos, don’t you think?

There is a lot we don’t know, but we do know that J-8 had help with her escape. She may have had help with other things.

And we don’t know if the timing of the escape was triggered by the news that the family was moving or some exceptionally awful(even for the Turpin parents) torture or abuse of some of the siblings that caused J-8 and whoever was planning the escape with her to act sooner than planned. (Incidentally, she doesn’t look 17 in the Google images. Maybe 13 or 14, and if she was short and not wearing make-up, the police may have thought “preteen” which got translated to “10 years old.”)

Maybe the kids were planning to upload the “evidence” they were collecting to YouTube, and maybe the singing videos were actually a “cover” to get the parents to allow them to post.

There are a lot of possibilities, but as others have said, being able to have a fake identity on social media doesn’t mean the kids weren’t abused.

Has anyone noticed, if you listen closely to the video with the dogs. You can hear the kids trying to do something in the background and when the door opens it sounds like they're saying something about trying to open a door or something and it being impossible and locked possibly. I couldn't fully make it out as the sound on my computer isn't that great and I don't have headphones.

I hope the families who have the dogs let the kids see them. :(

The twitter account reminds me of what my ten-year-old would do if she had access to Twitter. Find the musicians she likes and follow them. She also wouldn’t have any friends to follow if kept in isolation. I haven’t seen any of the pics or videos...just the one with the dog. I thought that one was interesting on how quiet she was and not really talking to the dog. I’ll bet she found it (cell phone) when they went out and she was just sneaking it. Maybe it was the view of the outside world that gave her that drive to escape. She mentioned a quote about fear “Never let your fear decide your future.” on 12/18. She was really into the inspirational tweets from @Somethinglikekites!

23670cf97cb19ace37b7897c48be935f.jpg

From the end of the video with the dogs I heard “she’s gonna try to tell you to get into the room, but it’s like impossible”.

I googled the 17 year old's youtube alias and there are some screen shots of the vids on google images.

I'm so confused. She doesn't look 10 or whatever the news was saying, she looks her age and healthy.

Thanks. I did the same now and the titles of the youtube videos are interesting:
- it's over
- not for today
- where is the key
- you blame me
- so weak

This tweet also stood out to me:
attachment.php

1. Why in 3 years?
2. Posted at 4:46 AM

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-03-06 at 8.18.26 PM.png
    Screenshot 2018-03-06 at 8.18.26 PM.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 592
And it looks like people started tweeting to her account and now it looks like twitter has taken it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz