CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a very good point about #1 and her early years in school. Even before they were homeschooled, even when at least one of them was in a public school, there was an obvious sign of distress-obvious in a way that the other kids noticed and remarked upon it. I don't understand why the teacher didn't contact authorities at this point. My mother has been a public school teacher for 30 years and even 20 years ago, when the eldest daughter would've been in elementary school, teachers were being trained to look for signs of abuse and neglect. It wasn't so long ago that the signs weren't on people's radars. If the child's physical appearance and hygiene were such so that the other children were ridiculing her, then it should've stood out to the teacher as well. We've talked about the regulations that might have been helpful, the oversights that failed them, etc. but this one example stands out the most to me. She was in a public school and seen by multiple people outside of her family almost every day, getting made fun of for her clothing and, for lack of better word, "smell", and nothing was done. At least nothing that we've been made aware of.

Very good point and well said!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

But how would the grandparents and DT's brother and wife 'excuse' or find anything positive in a dozen skinny, underfed children? Those children were all neglected looking in those photos with the relatives. DT's family looked
the other way if they didn't speak up or intervene. there were 4 grown family members that HAD to have noticed.
I think this is why Dt's brother had no comment and his office said he was on a leave of absence. He was too
ashamed to face the media. Dt's parents are too ashamed now also since the charges were filed. And they should
be.

I have said this multiple times in many of my posts-the family members should have noticed something and acted accordingly.

I apologize if this was brought up before - I can't sleep up with the thread.

The extended family have their reasons about not having contact or not noticing abuse....
Didn't anyone find it strange that they had every single adult child still living at home, tiny stature and completely dependant? They know when they were born so its not like they can pass as 12 and 14 to family.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Sick as it was, that marching might have saved some of the kids.
It would have been the exercise they got, and it would have kept their muscles from wasting away (too much.)

Was that the reason for the marching; mere exercise?

Just jumping off your post:
I always have thought the marching was to make them tired so they didn't have to deal with them. So sad :-(

Does anyone know when the next court date is? Thank you

I apologize if this was brought up before - I can't sleep up with the thread.

The extended family have their reasons about not having contact or not noticing abuse....
Didn't anyone find it strange that they had every single adult child still living at home, tiny stature and completely dependant? They know when they were born so its not like they can pass as 12 and 14 to family.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

I might would, but, I've also known some "clannish" families who sorta stick together. I know a guy my age who has NEVER left home, and I'm past the 1/2 century mark, and I'm honestly not sure if he is straight, gay, or asexual. He would have reminded you of one of these kids when he was a kid but was very doted on. He ended up, later on, with a good job, but was a bit socially awkward in school, (I wasn't exactly a social butterfly myself), but, just never left home. I know of more than just this guy who was like this. Couple folks up the road, were born, lived, and died, in the same home, and never took wives. Maybe it's more common around here, or there's something in the water? I just figured if they had no real reason to leave home, they just didn't.

Have there been any updates on how the kids/adults are?
Have they been released from the hospital yet?

Have there been any updates on how the kids/adults are?
Have they been released from the hospital yet?

For the most part, MSM has been very quiet with regards to the siblings and the case as a whole. Not much has been reported in a few weeks now. They did say that they were going to be leaving the hospital but there has been no verification that they actually did. As much as we want to know how they are doing, giving them their privacy is a good thing.

Just jumping off your post:
I always have thought the marching was to make them tired so they didn't have to deal with them. So sad :-(

There was a report on familial child torture that was referenced in an earlier thread, and I noticed it also referenced in the thread for the Tara siblings who were also subjected to torture abuse. It said that a fairly common thread was forced stress positions (I presume the 'coincidence' that the child will fail to hold the position will be used as an excuse to abuse them further). I'm wondering if the marching (we don't know the details of it other than the alleged sighting of it through a window) might be a form of this kind of abuse. The excuse to the outside world might be exercise, I don't know, but more in a sense of minimalizing what was really going on, but it could also be used as a form of stress abuse on the body of a child that's hungry and malnourished...walk and if you slow down or drop, then you're subject to more punishment.

It could also, in part, be forcing them to do something that does keep them occupied and drain their energy to reduce the siblings talking with each other (if talking was banned, or even if it wasn't it might be hard for them to whisper with each other during the walking periods) and reduce their energy, physically and mentally, for challenging the parents and colluding to challenge the parental authority or escape?

Where can I see the exact charges against David and Louise Turpin?
I have been searching, but can´t find them.
I cannot access public records in the US.

attachment.php
I don't know that people here are, exactly, judging her more harshly than him, in general, imo.

I know I don't feel that way in my heart or brain, but apparently the words I put on the page make it out that way.

And, judging by "thanks" to a post, a fairly large number of people here agreed with your post expressing confusion about demonizing LT; that we don't know where to place blame, but we do know DT is a sexual predator.

I think his brand of evil is possibly more cold, calculated and straightforward. While hers seems more twisted, deranged and curious, which makes it difficult & interesting to dissect.

I could have it backwards and he's the instigator of the twists and turns in this story while she marched forward with cold & calculated, straightforward evil.

Clearly they made a toxic, evil partnership.

In theory we will find out more eventually!

I am not thinking about this place in particular, in fact what I see on YouTube in comments about the case is very judgmental towards Louise and hardly mention David.
It just struck me as not right, since, first of all, we still don´t know the full extent or nature of the crimes and who did what.

I also cannot help thinking about the "kidnapping" of Louise, signing her out of school and off as far as they could get.
Louise WAS within the age of consent in their state, but only JUST, he was a grown man.
Louise a vulnerable girl suffering abuse herself, she could have been easily manipulated by a much older man. Can´t help thinking about those things.

Attachments

• Turpin 17.png
    Turpin 17.png
    704 KB · Views: 500
I'm judging the heck out of both of them equally at the moment. We do seem to have heard more about HER interactions with the kids more than his, so far, though. And that may just be because her sisters have been so vocal. Then, of course, there was the whole spitting incident during the arrest...

Still, they're both at fault here.

I'm judging the heck out of both of them equally at the moment. We do seem to have heard more about HER interactions with the kids more than his, so far, though. And that may just be because her sisters have been so vocal. Then, of course, there was the whole spitting incident during the arrest...

Still, they're both at fault here.

Totally agree.
As for the spitting, I'm not reading too much into it. I don't remember if she spat AT somebody, or just at the ground. If it was just at the ground, it may have meant nothing. She had just woken up unexpectedly, I think, and may have had a bad taste in her mouth.
Now if I find out that the spit was directed at the police or anybody else, then that's another story. That makes it more calculating.

Totally agree.
As for the spitting, I'm not reading too much into it. I don't remember if she spat AT somebody, or just at the ground. If it was just at the ground, it may have meant nothing. She had just woken up unexpectedly, I think, and may have had a bad taste in her mouth.
Now if I find out that the spit was directed at the police or anybody else, then that's another story. That makes it more calculating.

I hadn´t heard about her spitting during arrest.
Could it have been a nervous reaction, like, almost throwing up?

If she spat at an officer, she is mad as a hatter - well, she is, isn´t she, and him too!

I think that is a big part of it - mothers are expected to either protect or be a victim themselves.

I also think that the father looks like such a dope that people are assuming he was the follower and she was the leader.

jmopinion

Trust me. sometimes the mother fails to protect the young AND IS ALSO ABUSED by husband. My own mother is a good example. She did not protect her children from physical beatings, yet she perpetrated psychological and emotional abuse on her intended targeted child (that she despised) and she was treated horribly by our father
and we believe she was physically abused by him at times. Again, my father tried to hide this.

Do you think that Louise´s "perplexion" over the police coming to their house was an act - or is she really that delusional?

BTW, I wonder if they had noticed that child 8 was missing.

My own mother DENIED, DENIED, that the physical abuse went on in our house. Even many years later when my brother tried to discuss it w/ her, I heard her deny and tell him "You're Crazy".
Louise and David were accustomed to making excuses about many things concerning abuse of their children.
The denials and 'perplexion' automatically rolled off their tongues.

Trust me. sometimes the mother fails to protect the young AND IS ALSO ABUSED by husband. My own mother is a good example. She did not protect her children from physical beatings, yet she perpetrated psychological and emotional abuse on her intended targeted child (that she despised) and she was treated horribly by our father
and we believe she was physically abused by him at times. Again, my father tried to hide this.

I think it's getting lost in the thread that there is discussion going on that is about why people are assuming the mom is more to blame than the dad. This is DIFFERENT than saying she is or isn't. It's a discussion about why there is the perception or assumption among the public that she was the leader.

That's all.

I'm very sorry to hear about your experiences. It is so unfair for a child not to be able to trust a mother. I'm on the side of the victims in every case of abuse.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member