CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The million dollar question is WHY?
They had money, it didn´t have to go this way with priorities weighed a little differently.

Prioritized:
Massive amount of children, big houses, multiple cars, vanity license plates. massive dvd collection, L and D going out to dine pretty much every day, lavish vows renewals, nails done, hair done. Disney trips, pies (only for mommy and daddy), unopened toys.
When you look at this list, their priorities seem pretty immature, almost childish, like a couple of children playing dress up with dolls, but only when it suits them, most of the time the dolls are thrown in a corner.

Not prioritized:
Food for children, education for children, clothes and shoes for children (except for photo ops), hygiene for children
(except for photo ops)
, dentist visits for children, doctor´s visits for children, bedding for children.

I know. I totally agree. It’s so sad. As a mother, I can’t even begin to wrap my head around it. I want to know why. Let’s hope when the siblings are through all of this & somewhat rehabilitated...they will be given answers & closure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know. I totally agree. It’s so sad. As a mother, I can’t even begin to wrap my head around it. I want to know why. Let’s hope when the siblings are through all of this & somewhat rehabilitated...they will be given answers & closure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The worst thing is, they will have to try to forgive their parents to be able to move on.

I think it was a good call to move the adult children away from the hospital.... the longer they stayed, the harder it would have been to move them later on.

They were already so attached to some of the nurses, I think this was a good move on the lawyers part.

I've only seen the ones with the oldest - one with her in cap and gown, one with the whole family, one with a picture of the gift table, if I remember correctly. They were in a previous thread, I believe. Not sure where to find them now. I haven't seen any graduation pictures for any of the other siblings, if indeed they had any kind of ceremony or even if they technically "graduated" - all by DT&LT's standards, of course.

I couldn't find the pictures so, if anyone can link me to them I would appreciate it very much.

I couldn't find the pictures so, if anyone can link me to them I would appreciate it very much.

I have saved quite a few photos of this case on my computer, but not those.
There actually isn´t much you can see in them.

Anyway, I tried looking for them, but can´t find them. :(

The worst thing is, they will have to try to forgive their parents to be able to move on.

DT and LT don't deserve forgiveness. They deserve the death penalty.

Satch

DT and LT don't deserve forgiveness. They deserve the death penalty.

Satch

The forgiveness is not for their sake, but for the siblings´ sake.
And forgiveness does not equal no punishment!!

They can move on if they forgive, they cannot if they don´t.

I am in tears after reading this. Why wouldn't the hospital staff have a say in terms of where the siblings were going to live? I understand it was their attorney's decision. But should they have been involved in the process?

Satch

I was really sad when I read that some of the staff wanted to have a period where they could visit and give the siblings their phone numbers so they could still have a little bit of contact while they adjusted to the new place and that it wasn't allowed. I'm glad they got to have a moving on party to say their thanks and goodbyes, but the staff there are the first people who've been kind to them and looked after them the way their parents should have looked after them. It seems cruel and dangerous, especially when you add it to the line in the article about some of them fearing that things would be given to them and then taken away.

But it does sound like they've moved from one good place to another and that they're going to continue to have plenty of support as they are introduced to new things and new experiences and develop as individuals.

I hope all of them, the minors and the adults, will settle well into their new homes and have the comfort, love, security, everything they have always deserved but previously been deprived of.

I wonder if this is actionable - that is, if they can be charged for something. The 17-year-old should be at the stage where she could be looking to graduate high school, so I wonder how they are going to help her get educated sufficiently. The same goes for all the younger kids, to some extent.
I think the older two or three had some high school level education, so it looks like it degraded over time. I wonder also about the younger of the seven adult siblings. I suspect there will be some major education needed to even get them to a level where they could take a GED. On the plus side, they seem to be willing to do what is needed, from all accounts.

It is actionable. It's child neglect and they've been charged with it.

I think it's odd (JMHO!) that there were 6 younger children, 1 of whom is about 3 yo, and the other 5 who are 12, 13, 14, 15, 17 (approx.) and they decided to break them up by putting the 3 yo and 12 yo together and the 13, 14, 15, and 17 yo together. The 3 yo is practically a baby and can't communicate as well due to her age, so it's almost like the 12 yo is all alone, with no one to talk to about things. I feel sorry for her. At least all the others are with a sibling (or more) that they can talk to. After spending her whole life with 12 siblings, she's now basically being isolated from all of them. :-(

I wonder what they mean by saying the two youngest, in particular, will require a great deal of attention? Obviously, babies/toddlers need a lot of attention due to their age, but why did they say that about the 12 yo, and not the 13, 14, 15, or 17yo's?

Many foster homes won't take teenagers. I think it's as simple as that. Also I wonder if the teens are in a group home setting. That wouldn't be appropriate for a three year old and many are for teens only.

I hope these kids all are allowed contact with one another.

MATT GUTMAN
Good Morning America March 19, 2018 https://www.yahoo.com/gma/exclusive...e-freedom-090803244--abc-news-topstories.html

That 17-year-old sibling had only been on social media for a few weeks when she began chatting with a man who told her what's happening in her home was wrong, encouraged her to escape and alert authorities.

RBBM Thanks.
Not sure but it doesn't match up with what the DA stated in his press conference on Jan 18, 2018. He said they had been planning the escape for 2 yrs.
The whole being on social media and YouTube didn't match up either but clearly it was the young lady who escaped. And then it was taken down.

Here is an article

POSTED: JAN 18 2018 11:21AM PST
VIDEO POSTED: JAN 19 2018 02:10PM PST
UPDATED: JAN 19 2018 02:17PM PST
RIVERSIDE, CA (FOX 11 / AP)
<snip>
And yet, some of the children of David and Louise Turpin hatched an escape plan. It took two years to carry out but last weekend a 17-year-old girl and her sister climbed out of the window of their Southern California home. The other girl turned back out of fear but the teen persisted and called 911. http://www.ktvu.com/home/parents-of-13-malnourished-children-charged-bail-set-at-13-million

DA press conf 5:30 mark is where DA states that the 17 year old had been working on plan for 2 years
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZWpX62z5Mg

Why can't it be both? They planned it for two years and then someone she was in contact with on the internet prompted her to finally put the plan into action?

I am not making light of any of the allegations. Stuff just doesn't add up. We know this isn't all they got to do, as the 17 year old was in a bedroom and posted multiple videos on YouTube. Just as we go over this stuff, so will the Defense teams and bring that up. JMHO

CNN 3/19/18
"The only thing the home-schooled children were allowed to do while in their rooms was write in journals, so hundreds of notebooks could make their way into evidence in the case against the parents." https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/19/us/turpins-child-torture-case/index.html

CNN 3/19/28
"Their education was nonexistent," the source said. "The 17-year-old, who escaped, has a first-grade level education."

GMA 3/19/18
The parents were arrested in January after the couple's 17-year-old daughter scrambled out of their home's front window, called 911, and showed police pictures of her siblings in shackles, said the District Attorney Mike Hestrin. That 17-year-old had somehow accessed the internet in the weeks before her harrowing escape. ABC News has discovered that she had accounts on Twitter, Instagram and YouTube -- where she performed what she called original songs with titles like &#8220;Where is the Key?&#8221; https://www.yahoo.com/gma/exclusive...e-freedom-090803244--abc-news-topstories.html

Oh it adds up. I think saying so does indeed make light of the allegations. There are no contradictions. The kids weren't allowed to do more in their rooms than journal. Clearly the 17 year old was doing more than what was allowed. In fact, she photographed the abuse, escaped and showed the photos to authorities. I'm pretty sure that wasn't allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist