CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or going to Taco Bell drive thru so LT and DT could get good for themselves only. Something along those lines.

Ah, I didn't think of restaurants.

Taco Bells:
Madison Avenue 01:00 AM
Winchter Rd 01:00 AM (2:00 on fri/sat)
Los Alamos Rd 12:30 AM

McDonalds:
The 3 locations in town all seem to close too early (latest is midnight).

TGIFridays is open until 12:30, and we know from the Dr. Oz show that Louise has stated it is her favorite restaurant, so there is an off-chance that she and David went in there while the kids had to sit in the car. That would be in line with the pumpkin/apple pie teasing. But we're assuming extremely fast service. And again, why only half of the kids?

Taco Bells:

McDonalds:

TGIFridays is open until 12:30, and we know from the Dr. Oz show that Louise has stated it is her favorite restaurant, so there is an off-chance that she and David went in there while the kids had to sit in the car. That would be in line with the pumpkin/apple pie teasing. But we're assuming extremely fast service. And again, why only half of the kids?

Because of logistics around controlling them at home?

Had one or two of the older siblings been tasked with controlling the others at home, all of them would be too much to handle?

Really don´t know.

Thanks for opening hours - very interesting. I thought there might be around the clock marts.
The times don´t quite fit, every facility closes too early - so what could they have been doing?

Taco Bells:

McDonalds:

I was more thinking a drive thru. But I was also just kind of throwing out ideas and thinking along the lines of them taking the kids somewhere for their own twisted reasons, such as ordering food in front of them and letting the kids smell the food but not eat it.

It would make sense that David would be hungry when he came home from work.

I was more thinking a drive thru. But I was also just kind of throwing out ideas and thinking along the lines of them taking the kids somewhere for their own twisted reasons, such as ordering food in front of them and letting the kids smell the food but not eat it.

The 2:00 AM closing times of the Taco Bells on Fridays and Saturdays do lend credence to the fast-food theory of the late-night van runs. Maybe that was their Friday tradition, or every other Friday. It's the least far-fetched thing I can think of at the moment.

So can we talk about the nighttime van thing?

Other nights, he [Mike Clifford] saw the siblings getting into a van with their father, he told the Times. Again, he wondered why, but didn't suspect anything horrendous.
https://www.smh.com.au/world/turpin...use-at-night-exneighbour-20180126-h0okjt.html

“The garage door would open and about six kids would pile in the van and off they’d go,” Clifford said. “This would be very early in the morning between 12:30 and 2 a.m.”
http://www.fox2detroit.com/home/13-...-and-starving-in-perris-home-parents-arrested

Clifford, who routinely works night shifts, said he would see the Turpins bundling their children into their minivan at least twice a month in the early hours of the morning as he arrived home.

'They would load up the kids at about one in the morning,' he said. 'I usually come home around 12.30, one in the morning.

'The garage doors would just pop open and half a dozen kids would get into the van and then they'd drive off.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dren-marched-circles-hours.html#ixzz5AUvcx7PM

Multiple neighbors said they only saw the children when they would pile in their family van late at night. They would also only return late at night. http://abcnews.go.com/US/siblings-allegedly-held-captive-robotic-marched-hours-circles/story?id=52418033

My mind keeps going back to this. Why only half the kids? And what were they doing?

These links also prove that there are many conflicting information being out there. It is easy, JMHO that stuff is taken out of context with so many individuals involved. It is clearly not an all or nothing on any thing in this case. We know from many reporting that they were taken out. IIRC this neighbor was a neighbor at the 1st CA home, prior to the 2014 move to the current home where were taken from 1/14/18. But we have individuals giving interviews that were current neighbors, people at different places seeing them out in public various times.

True in Perris (where you link leads) and in Murrieta, as well, with a Del Taco on Scott Road open 24/7. They could have been going there.

Do you know their address in Murrieta?

Del Taco has nasty looking burritos......

Tomorrow is a status type meeting. Hopefully we will get some news.

The latest 3 articles, all of which use ABC as the source, are full of conflicting/misleading information. Much which of which is old stuff that other articles proves not to be as it appears. I agree with the Guardian and Lawyer about privacy. The CEO jmho overstepped his position in the case. At least by the quotes from him. The media is about sensationalism. The CEO for instance is quoted as they never owned shoes. Which photos prove untrue. The portions about whether they could keep them. JMHO they were in a new facility and possibly they were unsure if they would be able to keep them when they left the facility or if they had to leave them. The whole bit about the guitars is also something that was in reports from Feb. But we also know that the oldest took guitar classes in community college. From transcripts obtained...by ABC. Then we have reports of DT and LT taking the whole crew to a musical event. While it may be true that some of them never possibly held a guitar, it is just misleading. But again, we know this is old, and that they were given guitars by Fender. It is possible they had never seen the type that the musician CEO had.

Same organization that is speaking with person who allegedly spoke with the 17 yr old online. She had only been online on the accounts since Dec 17, 2017 until 1 week prior to the escape. Lots of conflicting information that doesn't fit the whole narrative by the DA on Jan 18, 2018.

They were to have been released from the hospital weeks ago but were kept because of flu outbreak. So they are now all out of the hospital. Which is great news. That means they were thankfully not as bad as some reports lead to believe initally. They were medically ready to leave the hospital setting. The hospital staff did what they were suppose to do. I think it very appropriate that they do not know anything about the 7 adults since they left the hospital. The only reason they know what they know is because of being in hospital. Those contacts are covered by confidentially laws. The articles quotes by CEO make it appear the adults will not be receiving any medical care they need. All it means is the CEO and his staff are no longer involved in their care. They will receive any medical or types of therapy each individual needs.

Wishing the best the the whole bunch and hoping for new information tomorrow. JMHO

Yeah that’s so fishy. Although didn’t they say they would keep them up at night as a form of punishment? Maybe this was apart of it?

I don’t think it was a punishment. The whole family was essentially nocturnal apparently in order to avoid notice.

The effect was to isolate and control the kids more than if they had been on a daytime schedule, which is probably why it is described as part of the abuse.

Tomorrow is a status type meeting. Hopefully we will get some news.

The latest 3 articles, all of which use ABC as the source, are full of conflicting/misleading information. Much which of which is old stuff that other articles proves not to be as it appears. I agree with the Guardian and Lawyer about privacy. The CEO jmho overstepped his position in the case. At least by the quotes from him. The media is about sensationalism. The CEO for instance is quoted as they never owned shoes. Which photos prove untrue. The portions about whether they could keep them. JMHO they were in a new facility and possibly they were unsure if they would be able to keep them when they left the facility or if they had to leave them. The whole bit about the guitars is also something that was in reports from Feb. But we also know that the oldest took guitar classes in community college. From transcripts obtained...by ABC. Then we have reports of DT and LT taking the whole crew to a musical event. While it may be true that some of them never possibly held a guitar, it is just misleading. But again, we know this is old, and that they were given guitars by Fender. It is possible they had never seen the type that the musician CEO had.

Same organization that is speaking with person who allegedly spoke with the 17 yr old online. She had only been online on the accounts since Dec 17, 2017 until 1 week prior to the escape. Lots of conflicting information that doesn't fit the whole narrative by the DA on Jan 18, 2018.

They were to have been released from the hospital weeks ago but were kept because of flu outbreak. So they are now all out of the hospital. Which is great news. That means they were thankfully not as bad as some reports lead to believe initally. They were medically ready to leave the hospital setting. The hospital staff did what they were suppose to do. I think it very appropriate that they do not know anything about the 7 adults since they left the hospital. The only reason they know what they know is because of being in hospital. Those contacts are covered by confidentially laws. The articles quotes by CEO make it appear the adults will not be receiving any medical care they need. All it means is the CEO and his staff are no longer involved in their care. They will receive any medical or types of therapy each individual needs.

Wishing the best the the whole bunch and hoping for new information tomorrow. JMHO

Not everything is necessarily contradictory. For example, the shoes. I assume that DT/LT bought shoes in bulk and when there was an outing, they unlocked the storage cabinet and let them get the appropriately matching pair that came close to fitting. Just because they had shoes on in the photos does not mean that they owned them. At the hospital they wore them to bed so that they couldn't be taken away. I am guessing they weren't allowed to keep the shoe they wore out but had to return them to the bulk storage. That being said, I wonder if #1 owned shoes when she was going to school, back when she was about 8. There would have been no siblings to share those shoes with. So the "never owned shoes" is probably an exaggeration, at least for her.

As for the guitars, they often lumped them together, when they probably should have said 'most'. By their descriptions, there is no way #2 could have aced a guitar class. So if he did, then I could see him helping his siblings in showing them a little of what he knew.

And return late at night. The same night? So, how long were they gone on these excursions? Where on earth would they have gone? Was it always the same group of kids?

I’m guessing shopping? The mom, dad and baby at least would need stuff.

The Wal-Mart in Murrieta closes at midnight.
Target closes at 11:00 AM.
Vons grocery store at midnight.
Albertsons grocery store at midnight.
Ralphs grocery store at midnight.
There is a 24 Hour Fitness in the town, though children under about 16 are not allowed on the floor, and we know from the neighbor's description that all the kids entering the van late at night looked to be under age 15.

Some nights, he'd [Mike Clifford] see about six children — none of whom looked older than 15 — getting into a passenger van with their father and wonder where they could possibly be going at such an hour.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-perris-house-children-20180117-story.html

If it was a retail establishment, I'm stumped as to what it could have been.

There's a 24 hr WinCo Foods 62 in Perris, and a 24 hr Walmart in Temecula, 30 minutes away, for instance.

There's a 24 hr WinCo Foods 62 in Perris, and a 24 hr Walmart in Temecula, 30 minutes away, for instance.

These nocturnal outings probably had nothing to do with normal family outings that regular families do.

From what I've been reading, they didn't know what a toothbrush was, they had no idea what money was, couldn't identify a strawberry or tomato, etc. I don't think any kids were taken on shopping trips or grocery stores; otherwise, someone would have come out in the press in Murrieta or Perris saying they had spotted them in various retail locations. And since they had little to no knowledge of what fresh food was or food was in general other than say canned goods, frozen dinners and peanut butter, I doubt these were runs to the drivethrough.

They were probably taken out in the middle of the night for some reason related to punishment.

Just a reminder, but you all probably don't need one! :)

Friday, March 23rd:
*Status Hearing (Felony Settlement Conference) (@ 1:30pm PT) - CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home (Jan. 15, 2018) - David Allen Turpin (57) & Louise Anna Turpin (49) - arrested & charged on 1/18 with: 12 counts of torture, 1 count of lewd act on a child-David only, 7 counts of abuse of dependent adult, 9 counts of child abuse, 12 counts of false imprisonment & 1 count of felony assault-Louise only.
1/24: DA Motion for Order of Protection for 13 survivors. A judge has issued a protective order to bar a Perris couple from having any further contact with their 13 children amid a torture and abuse case. Which is set to be effective until Jan. 24, 2021.
Prelim hearing set for May 14th, might be postponed due to a lot of evidence per Defense attys.

Just a reminder, but you all probably don't need one! :)

Friday, March 23rd:
*Status Hearing (Felony Settlement Conference) (@ 1:30pm PT) - CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home (Jan. 15, 2018) - David Allen Turpin (57) & Louise Anna Turpin (49) - arrested & charged on 1/18 with: 12 counts of torture, 1 count of lewd act on a child-David only, 7 counts of abuse of dependent adult, 9 counts of child abuse, 12 counts of false imprisonment & 1 count of felony assault-Louise only.
1/24: DA Motion for Order of Protection for 13 survivors. A judge has issued a protective order to bar a Perris couple from having any further contact with their 13 children amid a torture and abuse case. Which is set to be effective until Jan. 24, 2021.
Prelim hearing set for May 14th, might be postponed due to a lot of evidence per Defense attys.

Thank you, Niner for all your court updates, as usual, in so many cases.

Not everything is necessarily contradictory. For example, the shoes. I assume that DT/LT bought shoes in bulk and when there was an outing, they unlocked the storage cabinet and let them get the appropriately matching pair that came close to fitting. Just because they had shoes on in the photos does not mean that they owned them. At the hospital they wore them to bed so that they couldn't be taken away. I am guessing they weren't allowed to keep the shoe they wore out but had to return them to the bulk storage. That being said, I wonder if #1 owned shoes when she was going to school, back when she was about 8. There would have been no siblings to share those shoes with. So the "never owned shoes" is probably an exaggeration, at least for her.

As for the guitars, they often lumped them together, when they probably should have said 'most'. By their descriptions, there is no way #2 could have aced a guitar class. So if he did, then I could see him helping his siblings in showing them a little of what he knew.

If you are talking about oldest son JT-2, I thought I remember that he got an A in a guitar class on his transcript. He was allowed to take college classes as Louise waited outside the door to take him home.

Great observation about the shows!

Satch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members