CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think we are on the same page at all. I’m probably just not expressing myself effectively, which would not be the first or last time. I get what you’re saying and don’t disagree. I don’t think it needs to be so extreme. I say that as someone who goes to the DM for the pics and scoop I won’t get elsewhere. Anyway, it’s really not a relevant issue and I didn’t expect my one sentence comment to spawn into a 5 comment chain. Sorry.

:) I, too, have my moments when what I was thinking just wasn't quite making it out to my post, lol! It's so easy to misunderstand and be misunderstood online. :hills:

I think I get what you mean, if not, let me know! :D

So many people are too free with their information on social media. Many times, we here at Websleuths have been alternately delighted and horrified at what people post and how much is out there.

Even if one isn't using social media themselves, a friend, relative or coworker may post things. I've found things that I hadn't begun looking for, but there would be something on someone's page that would lead me to another person who had a photo album of pictures, friends names listed, etc. and comments by people who had their own pages and on it goes. One thing leads to another and before you know it, you've got yerself a mini dossier.

There are free websites where you put in a name and up comes AKAs (not always nefarious, data entry mistakes happen everywhere. My RL name has some funny variations listed), but also Possible Relatives and Possible Associates. There are websites that will show all the neighbors' names if you know the target address.

All without breaking a sweat and very few keystrokes. Of course, it does take at least one piece of information and not necessarily the target's own name. With a single piece of info, so much can be discovered.

It's pretty frightening, especially since not one of the websites I talk about are sneaky, underground or backdoor. And they're free.

yikes.

I'm definitely in the minority here (and possibly alone) in my thoughts on where they ended up. I have known many families involved in foster care over the years, both providers and recipients, and there are several types of home. I don't know if it's personal decisions or laws, but among those I've known - some were for teens only, some were for only pre-teens, some were for adults, some were therapeutic and others more like normal family homes. It made sense to me to split them up the way they did because only the 2 youngest are under 13, the next 4 are teens and the other 7 are adults.

I also think that the adults were developing unnatural (not immoral or inappropriate) relationships with hospital staff. I think it's great that they had such caring people with them while there, but it seems to me that it would be easier for them to develop relationships in their new home without constant reminders of what they had in the hospital. The people there were really great to them, and just what they needed at that stage of their recovery, but the treatment they received there isn't the way life is in the "real world". I really hope that all concerned do have their best interests in mind when making the decisions, and that things work out for all 13 of them.

ALL MOO

I agree with you on all this, I just didn't want to say anything. :goodpost:
They need to learn how to appropriately relate to those who may be nice but with whom they can't get overly attached to. people move in and out of other peoples' lives all the time. Such is life, in the real world. It's a boundaries thing. Their boundaries are different because of the lifetime of abuse and right now is a crucial time to acclimate them to the way the real world is. What they've been through has probably perverted and damaged their reactions to kindness resulting in over-attachment. It's not pleasant but I really do think it's in their best interest. Boundaries.

:moo:

I'm definitely in the minority here (and possibly alone) in my thoughts on where they ended up. I have known many families involved in foster care over the years, both providers and recipients, and there are several types of home. I don't know if it's personal decisions or laws, but among those I've known - some were for teens only, some were for only pre-teens, some were for adults, some were therapeutic and others more like normal family homes. It made sense to me to split them up the way they did because only the 2 youngest are under 13, the next 4 are teens and the other 7 are adults.

I also think that the adults were developing unnatural (not immoral or inappropriate) relationships with hospital staff. I think it's great that they had such caring people with them while there, but it seems to me that it would be easier for them to develop relationships in their new home without constant reminders of what they had in the hospital. The people there were really great to them, and just what they needed at that stage of their recovery, but the treatment they received there isn't the way life is in the "real world". I really hope that all concerned do have their best interests in mind when making the decisions, and that things work out for all 13 of them.

ALL MOO

While I remain concerned about the effect on J-12 of being separated from her next oldest sibling, I think your suggestion that she may have been placed as a “child” while J-11 was placed as a “teen” makes sense.

Unfortunately, the policies of separating foster placements by ages seem to support our concern that the 13 kids are going to have a lot of different caregivers in the next couple of years and may not get the chance to bond with someone who will be in their lives for a long time.

Returning to the seven adults, I completely agree that they needed to move out of a hospital setting, and in general have no problem with ending their regular contact with the hospital staff.

You may be right that there was a concern that the young people’s attachment to the nursing staff might become unhealthy. And I will add that while love in general is a great thing, too much attachment to a person who cannot meet your needs can be very harmful. The medical staff could not be “friends” on an equal level, nor could they be the “caregivers” the young people need now.

However, the “no contact at all” policy does seem a bit radical. If, as the Corona CEO claims, the policy goes against the recommendation of psychologists who had worked with the young people, I think it is a mistake.

Be that as it may, the move out of the hospital is, in general, a good thing. If they are placed in a setting where they can get the love, acceptance, guidance and emotional support that they need, they should be fine provided they don’t all get moved somewhere else with new support people in a month or two.

In short, I worry that while the separation from the hospital staff is not necessarily a big deal, it could be part of a pattern that would be very harmful. All the Turpin offspring need to learn that there are things they can rely on, trust, feel safe about. Shifting them around a lot is going to be bad for them.

So can we talk about the nighttime van thing?

Other nights, he [Mike Clifford] saw the siblings getting into a van with their father, he told the Times. Again, he wondered why, but didn't suspect anything horrendous.
https://www.smh.com.au/world/turpin...use-at-night-exneighbour-20180126-h0okjt.html

“The garage door would open and about six kids would pile in the van and off they’d go,” Clifford said. “This would be very early in the morning between 12:30 and 2 a.m.”
http://www.fox2detroit.com/home/13-...-and-starving-in-perris-home-parents-arrested

Clifford, who routinely works night shifts, said he would see the Turpins bundling their children into their minivan at least twice a month in the early hours of the morning as he arrived home.

'They would load up the kids at about one in the morning,' he said. 'I usually come home around 12.30, one in the morning.

'The garage doors would just pop open and half a dozen kids would get into the van and then they'd drive off.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dren-marched-circles-hours.html#ixzz5AUvcx7PM

Multiple neighbors said they only saw the children when they would pile in their family van late at night. They would also only return late at night. http://abcnews.go.com/US/siblings-allegedly-held-captive-robotic-marched-hours-circles/story?id=52418033

My mind keeps going back to this. Why only half the kids? And what were they doing?

Yeah that’s so fishy. Although didn’t they say they would keep them up at night as a form of punishment? Maybe this was apart of it?

Other nights, he [Mike Clifford] saw the siblings getting into a van with their father, he told the Times. Again, he wondered why, but didn't suspect anything horrendous.
https://www.smh.com.au/world/turpin...use-at-night-exneighbour-20180126-h0okjt.html

“The garage door would open and about six kids would pile in the van and off they’d go,” Clifford said. “This would be very early in the morning between 12:30 and 2 a.m.”
http://www.fox2detroit.com/home/13-...-and-starving-in-perris-home-parents-arrested

Clifford, who routinely works night shifts, said he would see the Turpins bundling their children into their minivan at least twice a month in the early hours of the morning as he arrived home.

'They would load up the kids at about one in the morning,' he said. 'I usually come home around 12.30, one in the morning.

'The garage doors would just pop open and half a dozen kids would get into the van and then they'd drive off.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dren-marched-circles-hours.html#ixzz5AUvcx7PM

Multiple neighbors said they only saw the children when they would pile in their family van late at night. They would also only return late at night. http://abcnews.go.com/US/siblings-allegedly-held-captive-robotic-marched-hours-circles/story?id=52418033

My mind keeps going back to this. Why only half the kids? And what were they doing?

Yes, very, very strange. Where would they go in the middle of the night - to do what??

Yes, very, very strange. Where would they go in the middle of the night - to do what??

And return late at night. The same night? So, how long were they gone on these excursions? Where on earth would they have gone? Was it always the same group of kids?

And return late at night. The same night? So, how long were they gone on these excursions? Where on earth would they have gone? Was it always the same group of kids?

I hope the siblings will clear that up.

Can this be true? Doesn't make much sense that DT was taking the kids out of the house so late, he was working. Was he just staying up late and going to work the next morning? Weird.

Can this be true? Doesn't make much sense that DT was taking the kids out of the house so late, he was working. Was he just staying up late and going to work the next morning? Weird.

Do we know that he was going to work in the morning? Or was his schedule a later shift? Or perhaps he worked from home? I can't imagine they would keep the kids up all night every night if he had to get up and go to work in the morning.

Do we know that he was going to work in the morning? Or was his schedule a later shift? Or perhaps he worked from home? I can't imagine they would keep the kids up all night every night if he had to get up and go to work in the morning.

I do think it was said that he worked nights, and they would go to bed about the time he got home. I don't remember when or where it was said (somewhere on here since I don't read much else about the case), so I'll have to say MOO in case I'm remembering wrong.

I do think it was said that he worked nights, and they would go to bed about the time he got home. I don't remember when or where it was said (somewhere on here since I don't read much else about the case), so I'll have to say MOO in case I'm remembering wrong.

Yes his pay stub showed he worked second shift, but I am not sure exactly what this means in terms of what hours he worked. I also remember reading they were kept up all night and slept during the day.

Yes his pay stub showed he worked second shift, but I am not sure exactly what this means in terms of what hours he worked. I also remember reading they were kept up all night and slept during the day.

Second shift is usually 3-11 or 4-midnight. moo

I have also wondered why none of David´s co-workers has said anything about this case.
At least one - but there is no one.
Some people must have known him. What did they notice about him?

All in all, there is miniscule amount of info about David, lots more about Louise, who in fact was isolated in the home for decades - more or less.

I have no idea what his schedule was, I don't even know what he did for his work, if I'm being honest. I just kind of assumed he had a 9am to 5pm schedule, which might not be the case.

The night shift would make sense with this information but where was he taking the kids to? To his job? Seems unlikely to me but who knows, right?

I have also wondered why none of David´s co-workers has said anything about this case.
At least one - but there is no one.
Some people must have known him. What did they notice about him?

All in all, there is miniscule amount of info about David, lots more about Louise, who in fact was isolated in the home for decades - more or less.

I think his colleagues are probably not allowed to say anything about the whole situation. I wouldn't be surprised if, as soon as the case became public, big boss told everyone "not a single word about it, and if you do speak, you're out".

The night shift would make sense with this information but where was he taking the kids to? To his job? Seems unlikely to me but who knows, right?

If Mr. Clifford's recollection of the times and the information about David Turpin working second shift are both correct, then Turpin would be taking the kids out somewhere in the van right after he got back from work.

If Mr. Clifford's recollection of the times and the information about David Turpin working second shift are both correct, then Turpin would be taking the kids out somewhere in the van right after he got back from work.

They could have been something as mundane as shopping trips. Walmart.

Or going to Taco Bell drive thru so LT and DT could get good for themselves only. Something along those lines.

The Wal-Mart in Murrieta closes at midnight.
Target closes at 11:00 AM.
Vons grocery store at midnight.
Albertsons grocery store at midnight.
Ralphs grocery store at midnight.
There is a 24 Hour Fitness in the town, though children under about 16 are not allowed on the floor, and we know from the neighbor's description that all the kids entering the van late at night looked to be under age 15.

Some nights, he'd [Mike Clifford] see about six children — none of whom looked older than 15 — getting into a passenger van with their father and wonder where they could possibly be going at such an hour.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-perris-house-children-20180117-story.html

If it was a retail establishment, I'm stumped as to what it could have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring