CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re Louise’s sister’s insistence that Louise is insane:

If Louise were my sister, I’d be insisting on it too. How else could someone I cared about do the things Louise has done?

And even without being her sister or even remotely sympathetic to this monster, I have to ask, what other explanation, other than insanity, is there?

No one in her right mind would have 13 kids (the last one probably with considerable difficulty, fertility treatments, etc.) and then starve, beat and torture them. No one in her right mind would bring these same half-starved kids along to 3 different vow renewals in Vegas. No one in her right mind would chain (or stand by while someone else chained) her children, much less leave them chained for long periods of time.

Louise is definitely insane. That doesn’t mean that she is not legally and morally responsible.

I would not be surprised if she has been pushed further into her madness by being caught and jailed. She must be in shock that the truth is coming out and she is powerless. The delusion that it is all a mistake and she will be freed is a way to cope emotionally.

Be that as it may, I believe she is responsible for her actions. And I trust the courts will find her so.

If Louise were my sister, I’d be insisting on it too. How else could someone I cared about do the things Louise has done?

And even without being her sister or even remotely sympathetic to this monster, I have to ask, what other explanation, other than insanity, is there?

No one in her right mind would have 13 kids (the last one probably with considerable difficulty, fertility treatments, etc.) and then starve, beat and torture them. No one in her right mind would bring these same half-starved kids along to 3 different vow renewals in Vegas. No one in her right mind would chain (or stand by while someone else chained) her children, much less leave them chained for long periods of time.

Louise is definitely insane. That doesn’t mean that she is not legally and morally responsible.

I would not be surprised if she has been pushed further into her madness by being caught and jailed. She must be in shock that the truth is coming out and she is powerless. The delusion that it is all a mistake and she will be freed is a way to cope emotionally.

Be that as it may, I believe she is responsible for her actions. And I trust the courts will find her so.

Whatever she may be, she does seem to (still) be focused on herself. According to her sister, when she went to visit LT, LT didn't even ask about the kids.

It doesn't really differ that much. She still says LT is in a fantasy world of denial, claiming everything will be okay.

I just meant that it wasn’t the same article or recycled quotes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just meant that it wasn’t the same article or recycled quotes.

Got it. Sorry, I thought you were saying that the whole take on LT was different. Suffice it to say, she apparently isn't looking at reality.
I just find it nothing less than self-serving for her to have seen the need to establish her own life at 16, yet refused to let her children interact at all with the outside world, and keep them bottled up well into adulthood.

Has a mental evaluation for LT been requested or ordered by the court?
I do believe that she is in lala land but probably not legally insane.
I also think the Mr. must be mentally ill too but not the same. He seems to be more cohesive.

Would guess their lawyers will try to say they have mental problems. However, they were trying to hide they had chained several of their kids by unchaining them. This is a clear sign they knew what they were doing was wrong.

Would guess their lawyers will try to say they have mental problems. However, they were trying to hide they had chained several of their kids by unchaining them. This is a clear sign they knew what they were doing was wrong.

Or at least they were aware that the law would find it wrong. So I think that can be considered consciousness of guilt. My issue is I'm not sure LT feels any guilt, but rather self righteousness, and feeling the laws had no right to tell her how to raise "her" children, therefore she isolated them from the world to enforce her ways. I have a feeling with an evaluation they will find her righteous indignation to the charges will be at the forefront. I think she will pull in freedom of religion too to support her idea of reasonable discipline. Do I think she's a nut job? You betcha! and I also know she broke the law and she knew she was doing so.

Whatever she may be, she does seem to (still) be focused on herself. According to her sister, when she went to visit LT, LT didn't even ask about the kids.

Doesn’t surprise me that she is all focused on herself. For somone like LT, there is usually nobody else except when that someone else builds up her ego.

I would guess, by the way, that LT is very angry at all the children (except possibly the 2 year old) for their “ingratitude” and “disobedience” and exposure of family secrets that make her look bad. (Indeed, if she is crazy enough, she may blame them for being starved... they are thin through their own fault, for not doing whatever they were supposed to do to be rewarded by food.). Her not asking about the kids could be a way of expressin that anger. (“They got me into this, the little brats, they can go to Hell for all I care.”).

The truly sad thing here is that she has done so much damage, but she will never see herself as responsible. She will end her life believing she has been midunderstood and treated unjustly. I would like her to feel gnawed with guilt and horror at what she has done. That would be the only ”punishment” in keeping with the magnitude of her crime. We will have to settle for prison instead.

Doesn’t surprise me that she is all focused on herself. For somone like LT, there is usually nobody else except when that someone else builds up her ego.

I would guess, by the way, that LT is very angry at all the children (except possibly the 2 year old) for their “ingratitude” and “disobedience” and exposure of family secrets that make her look bad. (Indeed, if she is crazy enough, she may blame them for being starved... they are thin through their own fault, for not doing whatever they were supposed to do to be rewarded by food.). Her not asking about the kids could be a way of expressin that anger. (“They got me into this, the little brats, they can go to Hell for all I care.”).

The truly sad thing here is that she has done so much damage, but she will never see herself as responsible. She will end her life believing she has been midunderstood and treated unjustly. I would like her to feel gnawed with guilt and horror at what she has done. That would be the only ”punishment” in keeping with the magnitude of her crime. We will have to settle for prison instead.

If there's a trial and she's convicted yes. The horror of her being found insane, going to a mental health hospital, and some doctor team releasing her in five years, sickens me, and probably everyone in this community.

Satch

Hi guys,
Does anyone find the arm in this photo a bit odd? Like it’s been photoshopped?

https://e3.365dm.com/18/01/1600x900/skynews-turpin-family-siblings-children-chained_4206840.jpg?20180116101054

Sorry I can’t seem to add the actual photo

This is the best that I could make out with headphones on the dog video, slowed to 0.75 speed:

"I was just- just gonna tell you she's trying to get into the room. But it's impossible."
"Dad locked 'em/it [unintelligible]"

There's more talking in the background earlier in the vid before the door is opened, but it's too muffled to make out so far.

I never post, but something has been gnawing at me.

Does anyone think DT could have been behind the videos? I mean, do you think he could have encouraged the17 yr old to make the videos and other social media postings as a way to “connect” with someone like the “hook-up” he may or may not have arranged for LT through the internet. I think the 17 yr old looks and acts somewhat (for lack of a better word) “seductive”in the videos.

DT may also have locked LT out of theroom, or even locked her in another room, to allow the 17 yr old to complete her assignment. I think this jives with what a sibling is heard saying on one of the videos.

If there's a trial and she's convicted yes. The horror of her being found insane, going to a mental health hospital, and some doctor team releasing her in five years, sickens me, and probably everyone in this community.

Satch

Someone with more knowledge of the law than I should address this issue, but my understanding is that it is unlikely that she will be found “legally insane.” As various people have noted, she seems to have known that what she was doing was against the law.

However, I guess a lot depends on how the psych evaluation is done in California.

It doesn't really differ that much. She still says LT is in a fantasy world of denial, claiming everything will be okay.

I saw that one as well. The details about DT gave me chills once again.

I can’t even look at her mug shot. The smile on her face...mentally unstable...it’s not a photo you should smile for, dear. [emoji849][emoji22]

We had a long discussion about the arm a while ago... don’t really resolve itself.
A lot of people thought it was the middle son’s arm. I personally think there’s an extra arm. [emoji848]

There's an extra arm obviously. It's creepy to think of why they would do that and how much more might be cut and pasted!

Someone with more knowledge of the law than I should address this issue, but my understanding is that it is unlikely that she will be found “legally insane.” As various people have noted, she seems to have known that what she was doing was against the law.

However, I guess a lot depends on how the psych evaluation is done in California.

She obviously knew it was the against the law, but felt she had a right to disagree with the law. I think the question will come down to, did she know in her own conscience it was wrong?
I have a SIL who will preach and preach her beliefs then go out and commit sins against law. She literally doesn't understand the logic of the law and knows she needs to sneak her doings from the law. But she doesn't believe her doings are wrong in the eyes of God. I find her the second most immoral person I have ever known in my life, according to my value system. And she will quote the bible to support her acts against the law! She makes no sense in my world, but in hers she is perfect. I could go on and on. So many stories I could tell! She drives me nuts! I have zero desire to be in the same country as her! Thank goodness she never had children because I can guarantee they would have been neglected, abused, etc. That's how I suspect LT is. And yes. I absolutely think it is mental illness, but maybe not insane under law. I hope she isn't able to get an insanity plea because then she might get out someday. And that would be injustice to the victims. And the principals of humaneness.

Hey Everyone,

Sorry to bother you all again. I would like to remind you that Websleuths is in a very dire financial situation. This is as scary as it has ever been financial wise.

If you could donate something we all would greatly appreciate it. $5 dollars would be great. However, DO NOT GIVE ANYTHING IF IT PUTS A FINANCIAL STRAIN ON YOU. I will say this every single time...$5 dollars is a lot of money when you don't have it.

Here is the link to our https://www..com/websleuths-is-on-the-brink. It also has more info on what is going on with Websleuths.

You can also donate via PayPal
OR GPay (which is Google Wallet) by using the email websleuthsdonations@gmail.com

Thank you and carry on.

Tricia

I really hope they don't pull an insanity plea or claim to be mentally ill.
It's obvious these 2 knew what they were doing was wrong....or else why would they start unchaining some of the kids when police arrived?

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members