GUILTY CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Secret shame that sparked Turpin family horror

Louise's sister has written a book. (((((Yawn)))))

A new book by another one of Louise’s sister, Elizabeth Flores, detailed how the accused child abuser was obsessed with witchcraft, Satanic rituals and Ouija boards.

“She told me she was messing around with witchcraft. It just really freaked me out,” Ms Flores told the New York Daily News in an interview about the book Sister of Secrets.

60 Minutes will be covering this story tonight if anyone is interested.

Ah geez. Still trying to squeeze out that 15 minutes.

I had to get a birth certificate, back in the 80's in order to get a passport because the certificate I had with my little footprint was not sufficient. And I found out the hospital had burned down. I had to go through the govt bureau of census, and it took six weeks, and I had other established ID. A lot of red tape and verification.

Was everyone even born in a hospital? LE has copies. And, I think they have good guidance going forward.

These children might not, probably do not have social security numbers. I imagine they want to establish themselves, get on the radar, bank account, school possibilities, drivers license, photo ID, library card, etc.

Very empowering...

Birth certificates are filed with the state department of vital statistics or records, or in some states with local governments. You don't get them from the hospital. I agree it takes some time, but certainly not more time then going to court to get documents released. I've gotten my birth certificate replaced one time, my social security card replaced one time and my driver's license replaced two times. It's a pain, but doable.

Birth certificates are filed with the state department of vital statistics or records, or in some states with local governments. You don't get them from the hospital. I agree it takes some time, but certainly not more time then going to court to get documents released. I've gotten my birth certificate replaced one time, my social security card replaced one time and my driver's license replaced two times. It's a pain, but doable.

Yes, it was a pain, and it was a process, and depends on the decade, which is why I needed an updated version from D.C., where I was born.

I think the children are being advised to get their original certificates, to make sure everyone has one. They have someone helping them, reviewing their paperwork, moving the ball forward, etc. Imo

I think the children are being advised to get their original certificates, to make sure everyone has one. They have someone helping them, reviewing their paperwork, moving the ball forward, etc. Imo

No doubt. They probably don't have the first idea about how to go about getting new ones themselves.

I’ve missed the last few pages but I see the daughters Instagram is still accessible using the Lacey Swan alias and the last post was made on Jan 14th which is the day she escaped?!
That is correct. The pictures were "hidden" for a while when it was made public that she was on social media. Some people did get a chance to save them a post them around the internet. I guess they just made it public again.

That is correct. The pictures were "hidden" for a while when it was made public that she was on social media. Some people did get a chance to save them a post them around the internet. I guess they just made it public again.

I tried a quick search on Instagram and couldn't find anything that looked like it was connected to her. Which one is the daughter's page?

I’ve missed the last few pages but I see the daughters Instagram is still accessible using the Lacey Swan alias and the last post was made on Jan 14th which is the day she escaped?!

She probably created an new account with what ever the latest app craze is

Friday, August 31st:
*Informational Arraignment hearing for both (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home (Jan. 15, 2018) - *David Allen Turpin (57) arrested & charged (1/18/18) with: 12 counts of torture, 1 count of lewd act on a child, 9 counts of abuse of dependent adult, 5 counts of child abuse, 12 counts of false imprisonment & 8 counts of perjury for "filing a Private School Affidavit with the Cal Dept. of Education in 2010-17 where he certified under penalty of perjury that the children in the home were receiving a full time education in a private day school. Plead not guilty. Bail set at $12M. Faces up to 94 years to life in prison.
*Louise Ann Turpin (49) arrested & charged (1/18/18) with: 12 counts of torture, 9 counts of abuse of dependent adult, 5 counts of child abuse, 12 counts of false imprisonment, 1 count of felony assault. Plead not guilty. Bail set at $12M. Faces up to 94 years to life in prison.
1/24/18: DA Motion for Order of Protection for 13 survivors. A judge has issued a protective order to bar a Perris couple from having any further contact with their 13 children amid a torture and abuse case. Which is set to be effective until Jan. 24, 2021.
6/21/18 Update: Judge dismisses 1 count of child abuse/endangerment against D & L for 2 yr. old, & accepted all other charges. Next post prelim arraignment hearing for Aug. 3rd.

8/3/18 Update: Children request their birth certs, IDS & a camera that was taken away from home to be returned to them. Judge grants requests. Defense asks for postponement for this hearing. Re-scheduled for August 31.

Friday, October 5th:
*Trial Readiness Hearing for both (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home (Jan. 15, 2018) - *David Allen Turpin (57) arrested & charged (1/18/18) with: 12 counts of torture, 1 count of lewd act on a child, 9 counts of abuse of dependent adult, 5 counts of child abuse, 12 counts of false imprisonment & 8 counts of perjury for "filing a Private School Affidavit with the Cal Dept. of Education in 2010-17 where he certified under penalty of perjury that the children in the home were receiving a full time education in a private day school. Plead not guilty. Bail set at $12M. Faces up to 94 years to life in prison.
*Louise Ann Turpin (49) arrested & charged (1/18/18) with: 12 counts of torture, 9 counts of abuse of dependent adult, 5 counts of child abuse, 12 counts of false imprisonment, 1 count of felony assault. Plead not guilty. Bail set at $12M. Faces up to 94 years to life in prison.
1/24/18: DA Motion for Order of Protection for 13 survivors. A judge has issued a protective order to bar a Perris couple from having any further contact with their 13 children amid a torture and abuse case. Which is set to be effective until Jan. 24, 2021.
6/21/18 Update: Judge dismisses 1 count of child abuse/endangerment against D & L for 2 yr. old, & accepted all other charges. Next post prelim arraignment hearing for 8/3.
8/3/18 Update: Children request their birth certs, IDS & a camera that was taken away from home to be returned to them. Judge grants requests. Defense asks for postponement for this hearing. Re-scheduled for August 31.
8/31/18 Update: A demur has been filed for David in regards to the perjury charges against him. The judge has determined the perjury charges can remain. Cites children's lack of education as related to other charges such as child abuse charges. Perjury charges stem from David falsely claiming he was homeschooling children. Both Turpins have entered not guilty pleas to all counts now. Will return to court on Friday October 5th for a trial readiness conference. Medical documents have also been subpoenaed from clinics that examined children. Hearing has ended.with the trial possibly starting within 60 days afterward.

Histrionic personality disorder - Wikipedia

And so it begins

This is the disorder that the defense wants Louise Turpin treated for....Histrionic Personality Disorder

Prosecution said no....per Brian Rokos at link provided by erik28

Ooookay. Not sure how that in any way will "explain" her treatment of the children. Or maybe the request is not at all related to the case; her lawyer is just tired of the googly eyes she makes at him.

New trial readiness conference Nov 30

Judge said LT cannot be treated out of custody

Part Brian Rokos at Twitter link provided by erik21

Thanks erik21

Also per Brian Rokos:
Had the judge granted the defense request to have Louise Turpin diverted to mental-health court, she could have been treated for two years and the charges against her in the Perris torture case dropped.

If that is true, that was an interesting ploy by the attorneys. I can see why it was denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member