CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any idea why Disneyland seems to surface in cases with twisted people?

We saw it in the Heather Elvis case where the family that is suspected of killing Heather had an obsession with everything Disney.

And we are seeing it in this case. There may be other cases.

Is there something about the way Disney makes everyone feel they are in a fantasy land that it would attract people living in their own fantasy?

Another question that has been bugging me is what was with all the names starting with "J"? The Duggars did the same thing. Is that to keep them from being independent and having an identity of their own or something?

Just some things I have been wondering about and wondering if there is something more deep about it?

(O/T, just jumping off your post, Hatfield, not sure if there's anything online about this, but I know for a fact jmo moo imo that there are people who have gone to Disney just to die....terminal patients, check into a room...

Talk about a rabbit hole literally...Disney in itself!)

Not to mention the cost of 13 matching outfits and shoes including that expensive Disney merchandise.
Can that clothing.....heck....even his and hers.....be rented .

One boy is wearing glasses so his eyes were cared for.

Rsbm

Respectfully, not necessarily, imo...who knows how accurate or recent that prescription is, or where the heck they even got those glasses...Good point though, where and when did he get those glasses? Poor guy :(

Doctors see it all, day in and day out...the fact that they have commented so far as they have, really says a lot...

I noticed how ill the father looks and his stomach area is of concern.
He’s either lost a lot of weight and has excess skin or there is swelling around his diaphragm area. JMO.

e0e39493fc9e27abe2efeba60c3e79c8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For anyone fascinated by the apparent Disney obsession, there's a podcast called "This is Really Happening" that is personal life stories of real things that happened to the people narrating him. Episode #79 is called "What if the happiest place on Earth was your worst nightmare?" and it's about a woman whose father was so abusive and obsessed with Disney that he spent more money on Disneyland trips than food for his kids. His kids were starving but he would force them to go to Disneyland and go on the rides over and over again, the only movies they could watch were Disney movies, they had to memorize facts about Walt Disney, and they could only wear clothes from Disney. He was also extremely physically abusive and didn't even want his daughter to have a job or any independence because it meant time away from him and Disney. It was one of the first things I thought of seeing the photos of the kids on trips to Disney.

WHOA! I’ve gotta read about that. What a nightmare- I can’t stand Disney, LOL!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly.
This wasn't an impoverished family.
They just chose to spend their money on things other than food :(

I find myself wondering things like did those asshoes eat in front of the kids? Did those poor kids have to smell the stuff the parents cooked and ate for themselves? Did "some" of the kids get "some" of the "real food" "some" of the time?

I'm learning starvation is indeed a method used by abusive parents...had no idea until WS and seeing all these horrific cases.

Does anyone have any idea why Disneyland seems to surface in cases with twisted people?

We saw it in the Heather Elvis case where the family that is suspected of killing Heather had an obsession with everything Disney.

And we are seeing it in this case. There may be other cases.

Is there something about the way Disney makes everyone feel they are in a fantasy land that it would attract people living in their own fantasy?

Another question that has been bugging me is what was with all the names starting with "J"? The Duggars did the same thing. Is that to keep them from being independent and having an identity of their own or something?

Just some things I have been wondering about and wondering if there is something more deep about it?

Being from the UK, Disney Land, Disney World is often a dream destination for many people.
We've been to Disney World 3 times, and my daughter worked at Disney World a few years ago on an exchange programme when she was at university. We are going to Vegas and Disneyland CA this year for 2 weeks, it kind of makes me feel uneasy now knowing what I know about this family...I feel creeped out by the whole thing! We aren't renewing our vows or visiting the Elvis chapel though, but my eldest daughter who got married in the UK last year did walk down the aisle to an Elvis song. It's not relevant but it's kind of freaking me out.
Anyway, I know of many people who are obsessed with Disney, us included, for a number of reasons, the magic, the fantasy, but for us, we love visiting America, having been to quite a lot of states it's our 'go to' choice of holiday destination. The people I know who've been to Disney are normal people, with healthy children, and they want their kids to experience 'The Magic'. I get there may be a darker side to all of this, but I would say it's the minority.

Alcoholism potentially?

Possibly some of the children are suffering Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Syndrome too?

I thought that gift tax is paid by the giver and not receiver? That’s been my experience. I don’t see why they’d pay tax on financial gifts. But it’s probably best that they get material items instead of money since it’s likely they have never been taught how to handle finances.

Depending on how it’s done it can be considered income. Some state social service programs also count monetary gifts in determining assistance. It’s easier for everyone if donations are channeled through a non-profit like a medical center fund. And like you said, it will be helpful for the kids to have help using any donations to get set up in life.

There are four boys in this one... wearing a matching shirt... someone tell me if I'm just seeing things?
Yes. There WERE 4 boys!
And HOW many girls???

I HOPE the boy escaped and moved on.
Based on the 17 yo being afraid she would be killed, I doubt it.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

He’s either lost a lot of weight and has excess skin or there is swelling around his diaphragm area. JMO.

Definitely something "odd" going on there.
Gynecomastia too?
The possibilities are endless!
MOO

BBM

I dunno if that's a good enough reason to not feed your kids.
The Gosselins were a family of 10 and they seemed to eat 3 balanced meals a day.

IMO

I wasn't making excuses for the parents when I was saying it would be a mammoth task to feed the kids. In my world, if parents are overwhelmed, they reach out and say "Help! How do I deal with this?"
I think this is a unique case because usually when this number of children are herded together and hidden from the world, they have a specific sinister job, usually sexual, and so far this doesn't seem to be the case here. This is more about a couple where the wife's hobby was collecting living baby dolls and setting them aside when a new and more fun model came along. The old dolls were an irritation and an inconvenience so she pushed them into the back of the cupboard as much as she could.

Never would I have imagined last week we would be discussing such a situation as we have here...and to think, just last week these kids were chained to furniture...starved and tortured for years...just mind blowing...

Some others have already shared. They have been on a few different news sites and some places showed more than others.

The one I cant find is the upstairs bedroom that shows the stains all at the same height in the room.

This news site had a few and shows the staircase with similar one height stains. Really strange as to what caused that.

http://www.kesq.com/news/inside-the-turpins-former-texas-home/687157256

From the above link:

"Vinyard remembered the family being friendly at first. They sent a thank you gift once, and their kids played together. She also remembered asking one of the girls her name, and the girl answered they weren't allowed to tell people their names."

Welp, my very first thread, but not a message board newbie. I usually do sports and politics message boards, Facebook, and browse the Reddit subs, but this case was especially weird, and I'd been lead here and found the discussion a lot more advanced. I'd used a lot of my free time the past few days just wondering about all this since I live in Southern California, and was/am extremely curious about this situation.

Anyhoo, I was just wondering how on the surface this family could interface so much with elements of wider, popular culture (Disney on the license plates, Dr. Seuss, Las Vegas, Elvis), yet apparently live in such a sordid way that would barely implicate any of these cultural markers? Makes me wonder just what elements of the wider American culture any of the kids have learned.

My very Catholic wife said that they seemed like a cult, and on the surface they kinda look alike, but that's probably where the comparison ends. I wouldn't know anything else about their lives.

Anyhow, to me the Turpins seemed to be religious, but perhaps not as publicly pronounced. Maybe the father and mother did not want to give off a religious nut vibe to any of the neighbors? The only things that they seemed to publicly pronounce were these items of the popular culture.

I wonder about how the 17-year old and the siblings had enough cultural knowledge to pull off this escape. How did she learn about 911? How did she know how to use a cell phone?

What the eff is up with the night-time marching?

If the eyewitness reports of some of the kids driving are true, why didn't or could they not escape?

In response to posts where they think that the elder Turpins were good people and just fell into a lifestyle that they could not sustain, I wonder, then at what point, they decided to shackle up their kids, how they justified it, and how the kids took it?

Yes. There WERE 4 boys!
And HOW many girls???

I HOPE the boy escaped and moved on.
Based on the 17 yo being afraid she would be killed, I doubt it.
MOO

There are 13 children in both phots but one baby is a boy and one is a girl.

One baby is a girl here
4625b1db056604d1e3a7b19e804db439.jpg

This one is a boy
afa7253f7f589e69e8e9158142d62aae.jpg

Welp, my very first thread, but not a message board newbie. I usually do sports and politics message boards, Facebook, and browse the Reddit subs, but this case was especially weird, and I'd been lead here and found the discussion a lot more advanced. I'd used a lot of my free time the past few days just wondering about all this since I live in Southern California, and was/am extremely curious about this situation.

Anyhoo, I was just wondering how on the surface this family could interface so much with elements of wider, popular culture (Disney on the license plates, Dr. Seuss, Las Vegas, Elvis), yet apparently live in such a sordid way that would barely implicate any of these cultural markers? Makes me wonder just what elements of the wider American culture any of the kids have learned.

My very Catholic wife said that they seemed like a cult, and on the surface they kinda look alike, but that's probably where the comparison ends. I wouldn't know anything else about their lives.

Anyhow, to me the Turpins seemed to be religious, but perhaps not as publicly pronounced. Maybe the father and mother did not want to give off a religious nut vibe to any of the neighbors? The only things that they seemed to publicly pronounce were these items of the popular culture.

I wonder about how the 17-year old and the siblings had enough cultural knowledge to pull off this escape. How did she learn about 911? How did she know how to use a cell phone?

What the eff is up with the night-time marching?

If the eyewitness reports of some of the kids driving are true, why didn't or could they not escape?

In response to posts where they think that the elder Turpins were good people and just fell into a lifestyle that they could not sustain, I wonder, then at what point, they decided to shackle up their kids, how they justified it, and how the kids took it?

Welcome Just Questions.

:welcome5:

Well, as mentioned, he sure doesn't look like he's missing any meals (#@$/":.......)

:(

I just don't get it... :( How could they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member