CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still wondering where all their money was going. The bankruptcy docs in a previous post indicated that DT was bringing home upwards of $7500/mo net. The mortgage would have been a bit high, somewhere between $2-3000. But if they're not feeding the kids, not getting them medical care, have low electric and water bills due to abusive control tactics....then where is all the money going? They obviously don't pay credit card bills, so guessing it's not going to debt. Is that where the hoarding comes in, are they just spending it on crap? Drugs? Some kind of sexual deviancy? Just something really weird about that to me...

Great Question!!!! I also wondered if there weren't some drugs going on. In the close-up shots from the hearing
yesterday, DT's facial skin has lots of small bumps all over- like druggies have.

Maybe someone knows how to screenshot those close up photos???? OSU, ya hear me???

Has anyone noticed that all the kids and Momster have the EXACT same hair color? Wonder if LE ran across a ton of hair dye? There are no variations on the shades of their hair...this story is going to get so much worse. Well now that I look at the current pic of her in the courtroom, her gray is coming out.

My kids are grown but I remember when they went to college we did have to provide shot records. But we are told IIRC last doctor visit was 4 years ago? I personally don't know who sent at that time. Possible was current at the time registered?

My daughter is a high school student dual enrolled in college. We had to provide records that all immunizations were current before she was accepted.

I noticed that yesterday but did not think much about it. Maybe they have scarring on their necks they want concealed.
I believe they are very modest and wouldn't feel like in a v-neck.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I also wonder if Mom has an intellectual disability in the higher range. (Please know that I am not attempting to excuse ANY of this). Her inappropriate affect in the court video and her childlike behavior and affect in the renewal videos were ringing bells for me early on.

Absolutely.

Former DA says this was a cult. Very informative interview.

Ambrosio Rodriguez, who spent 13 years as Senior Deputy District Attorney of Riverside County with experience in the sexual assault child-abuse unit, discusses the torture and child abuse case against David and Louise Turpin with Crime Watch Daily.
https://www.facebook.com/crimewatchdaily/videos/1849352168422900/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting observations. He thinks the wife will blame the husband and the husband will say the claims of abuse are exaggerated, that there was no real abuse. He probably knows what he's talking about, based on past experience.

I do have one quibble. He assumes the parents were isolated, had no friends, developed this abusive cult on their own. I disagree. There's been mention of friends, etc. and I'm willing to bet some of them knew something. There are fundamentalist religious sects in the US who promote a very similar lifestyle and conservative patriarchy value system. These groups are all linked to the "home school" movement and are the radical fringe of it. They do engage in child abuse and for that reason fight efforts to make home schooling publicly accountable. So, even though this family remained somewhat isolated, they were part of this church subculture that promotes these practices. They likely had friends who were part of this religion, probably had interactions, instruction, reinforcement over the years from social media. I'm willing to guess during many of the years they were married, they were attending these churches and prayer groups.

Perhaps Rodriguez hasn't investigated the case enough or isn't too familiar with these radical religious sects to realize there's a pattern of child abuse associated with them. He does acknowledge that there are probably many other similar cases of abuse going on right now.

I hope the older kids get some assistance in the community, but sadly the lack of an organized safety net for people like this in the US doesn't exist. Here's a link to a recent article discussing how over 4 million young people in the US are now homeless, mostly due to mental illness and aging out of the foster care system.

Four Million Young People Were Homeless Last Year. Four Million.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics...poeople-were-homeless-last-year-four-million/

We are a sick nation that needs to heal.

Great Question!!!! I also wondered if there weren't some drugs going on. In the close-up shots from the hearing
yesterday, DT's facial skin has lots of small bumps all over- like druggies have.

Maybe someone knows how to screenshot those close up photos???? OSU, ya hear me???

28b228bfb952ac648ab3e7964c2943ca.jpg

4b6eb598384c0f7124bbc11868ac8531.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think this was all the mother or that the mother was the mastermind. I think they're both in this neck deep and the dynamic between them is what fueled it. I think he isolated her and controlled her (from family statements) and I think she was extremely young with pathologically low self esteem and worshipped him and could only find validation in his approval. But I think his approval was impossible to win.

It sounds crazy but this dynamic is common in serial killing teams.

There's also the fact that they shared a FB, both names were on it. Says to me he didn't trust her out there alone on the internet.

disgusting. They need to keep these angels far, far away from ALL sides of their family! Is there any way we as the public can make it known to officials they shouldn't be around any family??

No doubt if they're placed with LTs side they'll be pimped out for money and paraded around like a circus act. If placed with DTs side they'll be brainwashed into thinking they deserved this, and that they lied and ruined their parents lives.

from watching videos, I find it interesting that the two who seem kind of mentally challenged were kept shackled more often..curious if the parents couldn't deal with their disabilities?

Are there links to the videos you have found?

I also wonder if Mom has an intellectual disability in the higher range. (Please know that I am not attempting to excuse ANY of this). Her inappropriate affect in the court video and her childlike behavior and affect in the renewal videos were ringing bells for me early on.
Heya! Good to see you, Spice!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

They had the wherewith all to devise a plan over 2 years and to know that the deactivated cell phone was still usable to call 911. I think some of the kids knew a lot more than we think and were more in touch with the real world.

I wonder about that 2 year timeline. Not sure what all might have gone into such a plan. My guess is that they had been talking about it for that period of time, but it took that long to find the courage to actually follow through.

In the large photo of the 3 girls, it looks like the girl in front is missing part of her thumb. I also notice that none of the girls have calf or arm muscles. Can't tell for the boys as they are covered.

Regarding mental disabilities in the children- Sorry no link- I read recently one of the authorities investigating said
"Many of the children have mental impairment due to prolonged starvation." Many was the term he used. I think
there are some who may look more normal in the photos that are in reality cognitively impaired. Going to be very difficult
to get factual information from some of these children.

The problem isn’t that they claimed to homeschool. The problem is they are evil people who took advantage of an opportunity and flew under the radar.

RSBM

This!!!! This is the problem, not homeschooling per se. It's that evil people can use it to fly under the radar.

I would love to hear from the college professor who taught the child that was allowed to attend college. Was his work on par with the other students? I assume he was required to take the SAT or placement tests when he enrolled. My daughter takes dual enrollment classes and there is a great deal of work involved. There is no way she would be able to do it as a high school student if she were behind educationally.

Interesting observations. He thinks the wife will blame the husband and the husband will say the claims of abuse are exaggerated, that there was no real abuse. He probably knows what he's talking about, based on past experience.

I do have one quibble. He assumes the parents were isolated, had no friends, developed this abusive cult on their own. I disagree. There's been mention of friends, etc. and I'm willing to bet some of them knew something. There are fundamentalist religious sects in the US who promote a very similar lifestyle and conservative patriarchy value system. These groups are all linked to the "home school" movement and are the radical fringe of it. They do engage in child abuse and for that reason fight efforts to make home schooling publicly accountable. So, even though this family remained somewhat isolated, they were part of this church subculture that promotes these practices. They likely had friends who were part of this religion, probably had interactions, instruction, reinforcement over the years from social media. I'm willing to guess during many of the years they were married, they were attending these churches and prayer groups.

Perhaps Rodriguez hasn't investigated the case enough or isn't too familiar with these radical religious sects to realize there's a pattern of child abuse associated with them. He does acknowledge that there are probably many other similar cases of abuse going on right now.

I hope the older kids get some assistance in the community, but sadly the lack of an organized safety net for people like this in the US doesn't exist. Here's a link to a recent article discussing how over 4 million young people in the US are now homeless, mostly due to mental illness and aging out of the foster care system.

Four Million Young People Were Homeless Last Year. Four Million.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics...poeople-were-homeless-last-year-four-million/

We are a sick nation that needs to heal.

With all due respect to this expert, I don't think they had friends or a church group.

I do agree that she is likely to blame him, and he will say the reports of abuse are exaggerated.

jmopinion

I would love to hear from the college professor who taught the child that was allowed to attend college. Was his work on par with the other students? I assume he was required to take the SAT or placement tests when he enrolled. My daughter takes dual enrollment classes and there is a great deal of work involved. There is no way she would be able to do it as a high school student if she were behind educationally.

The way I'm interpreting this class is that it was an individual class - not something that required enrollment in a college or community college as a full-time student. Plenty of colleges and community colleges and community centers offer classes that are open to anyone - and that's what I'm assuming this class was.

I could be wrong, but I don't think he was actually enrolled in a college.

jmo

On homeschooling. It wouldn’t be my choice, for various reasons, but there is nothing wrong with it when it is done correctly. No one is saying that people who homeschool are somehow awful or all awful. What people are saying is that homeschooling can be and IS SOMETIMES used as a vehicle for abuse and neglect. It allowed these sadists complete privacy to horrifically torture their children, unchecked, for years.

There should be oversight. Educators are mandated reporters for a reason. If you want to homeschool your children at home that is your perogative, but regulations are needed. Unfortunately they are there for a reason, and not every homeschool parent is a parent that would not abuse or neglect their children. Even if the majority are.

New York has a lot of oversight on homeschooling practices including curriculum.
I had a case of a child who was placed in the foster care system due to Educational Neglect. Mom was homeschooling him from a random bookcase in their home, and he was reading at a 3rd grade level in 8th
grade. The house was also hoarded. After removal , he met his academic goals and was reading at his grade level.

The point is, there is no need to be defensive. Not every homeschooling parent is the same. The very nature of it can be absolutely used inappropriately and to facilitate abuse. That is what people are trying to convey. If we didn’t discuss the ability to use homeschooling for nefarious reasons , what have we learned from the horrific abuse of these children? Children have the RIGHT to be protected from abuse and neglect. In the case, homeschooling enabled these sadists to torture and starve their kids for decades. It is understood that this is not the case in the majority of homeschooling homes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eNeMeEe