CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anyone has noticed yet but the Disneyland pictures were took at different times... In the Eeyore picture, one of the youngest girls has bangs and David Turpin has on a Star Wars shirt. In the picture with David Turpin's brother and his family, none of the girls appear to have bangs and David Turpin is wearing a different shirt.

Seems the kids were only allowed to have a select few clothes for public. The dresses and suits in the vow renewals, the Dr. Seuss shirts, the red and blue collared shirts, and then the Disneyland shirts. So horrible for the kids.

Ok guys, so, I made this up. Photo of all of the survivors with their ages.

(ETA: Does anyone else get "404 - image not found"? - I do. If so, just click the thumbnail. Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue?)

cache.php

I’m not sure if you can. It has been discussed at this “closed thread”: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...your-Forum-Questions-**NO-DISCUSSION**/page17

and a little here: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?362296-Constantly-being-logged-out

it has something to do with whether the photo came from a secure “https” site or an unsecured “http” site (notice the added “s”) . Perhaps you could send a message to Dave, the tech guy and ask if he can get it to work? Just click his name on his post at the open thread above.

hope this helped

IIRC, didn’t that same neighbor (Ashley?) say that after the Turpin’s had moved away from the TX home and they went over to check out the house, 2 dogs ran out the back door (after being in there for 2 weeks) and a kitten was found in the dumpster that smelled of death?

But what really haunts me about that same interview was when she said that “they continued to hear whimperings coming from the dumpster.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG.........................I read that article, but I remember reading it while I was trying to prepare dinner too and I may have skipped a sentence or two. I remember reading that the two dogs bolted out of the house and a kitten was found in the dumpster that 'smelled of death', but don't remember that sentence about whimpering!

I wonder why the girl - Ashley - didn't tell her mother and why the whimpering wasn't investigated. The implications are terrible.

OMG.........................I read that article, but I remember reading it while I was trying to prepare dinner too and I may have skipped a sentence or two. I remember reading that the two dogs bolted out of the house and a kitten was found in the dumpster that 'smelled of death', but don't remember that sentence about whimpering!

I wonder why the girl - Ashley - didn't tell her mother and why the whimpering wasn't investigated. The implications are terrible.

The mother was with her when she went to the house. They looked but couldn’t find where the whimpering was coming from. The clean up crew found the deceased animals.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...in-kids-says-family-left-kitten-dumpster.html

Hate to admit this, but some of us here have lived this. and parts of this story bring back old memories that we long ago buried. Lots of similarities.

I am sorry. I am sorry you had to live in circumstances that trouble you to this day. I am sorry that you weren't taken care of very well as a child. I am sorry.

respectfully that is just an assumption, we don't know what they have ever eaten or not. Just little snippets from DA, and their case time starts 2010, per document, jmho.

The 2010 is just for the California abuse. The DA has stated that the abuse started years before, in Texas, but CA officials can only charge for what happened there.

True. Parents like DT and LT who beat, strangle and abuse small defenseless children usually have poor impulse control as well as much repressed anger. Simple things can set them off and anger them and then they take out
their anger and frustration on one of the children. They're BIG BULLIES. They know the children have no recourse.
No one knows what they do so they do whatever they choose BEHIND CLOSED DOORS. Home is an absolute prison.
And the parents are the wardens.

And the prisoners are all wrongfully imprisoned. [emoji22]

Rosesfromangels, that is a very interesting question...

I don't know anyone who ever worked with a company that did work for the Federal government, so I don't know what is involved in getting clearance. But you would think that at some point, it would involve someone paying a visit to the house and talking with the spouse at the very least. I mean, I guess it would really depend on what level his clearance had to be, but I know that General Dynamics and Northrup both build military aircraft. If you're working at a company that is anyway involved in defense contracts, you would think there would be very detailed background checks. And it seems like I read somewhere that they do even talk with family members. What the heck happened there??

I'd have to look at the timeline again, but is it possible THIS is why he and Mommy Dearest were living somewhere else separate from the kids at one point? Maybe it wasn't the trailer. Maybe they had another house or apartment somewhere that looked more "normal" so he could pass background checks? I know this is a lot of speculation and theorizing, but it would kind of make sense. If so, these creeps somehow managed to fool the government too?

FYI When they lived separate from the kids, it was in Fort Worth, not the Rio Vista property with the doublewide brought in after they'd lived there for a few years (from DA's presser). But yeah, I gotta wonder if their living separately in Forth Worth had anything to do with anything. Or was it just a "the kids are older and annoying, I want to be with the babies" thing?

I am trying to imagine how things went down once our brave hero escaped. Did the other sister return to the inside of the house? If so, how did she get back in? Were the parents alerted?

In the meantime, did Survivor #8 wait down the street? Was she able to provide an address, or could the dispatcher determine the location from the cell phone? I can't stop thinking about how terrified she must have been while waiting, especially without knowing what the outcome would be.

God bless her!

Regarding them going into a new home, I have to believe that authorities are taking this very seriously and are arranging appropriate physical and mental health care, probably by bringing home health care professionals in just as is done for the elderly when they leave a hospital, and possibly through some outpatient care.

We do not know the qualifications of the individuals offering to give them a home. It's quite possible that one or both of the prospective new parents have nursing or mental health backgrounds.

I really don't believe they are just moving them to an otherwise normal fostering situation. I am betting that qualified people have stepped up to do this, who likely have backgrounds in health care (possibly mental health care).

In fact, it's possible that one of the hospital staff has been so touched that they have chosen to take a leave of absence at work and do this instead.

We just don't know. But as high profile as this case is, and as emotionally affected as the hospital professionals seem to be, I can't believe that they don't have multiple advocates making sure that the best decisions are made.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I firmly agree with this post! ^^^

Regarding the Turpin Children placement...
I hardly think it is up to us on WS to second guess the decisions of the professionals who have already reported the kindness and professionalism they are bestowing on these Turpin "children"....

Additionally...
I have a few ideas what "could" be the setting of the potential residence of this family...(sans parents, of course...)

perhaps it is a ranch owner...

or a day camp owner who now plans to use it as residence for these "children"..

both of which have the potential for roomy housing, and great activities in nature!

and has the potential to be accessible for outside professionals to visit...
Just a few ideas...:thinking:

(And... Please refrain from criticizing my use of the word "children"...
I got weary of the whole debate on which terms to use.
I am still my mother's child... Technically...and I am 60 years old...
AND... She refers to my DH and I as "the kids"... And I have no problem with that...
Thank you very much!)
:seeya:

Please see my post # 432 above. The children are not going anywhere yet, the miscommunication was about the DOGS being ready for adoption.

IT WILL TAKE AT LEAST 18 MONTHS TO TERMINATE THE PARENTAL RIGHTS
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/18/us/whats-next-for-turpin-children/index.html

My feeling is that Louise looks much, much younger in the picture of her pregnant. Just because it was posted 2/3 years ago doesn’t mean it was taken at that time. I may be completely off base, though. Thank you for posting the link [emoji4]

Good point. She does look much younger than the pic of her holding the newborn. Hope it’s just the camera angle..

My feeling is that Louise looks much, much younger in the picture of her pregnant. Just because it was posted 2/3 years ago doesn’t mean it was taken at that time. I may be completely off base, though. Thank you for posting the link [emoji4]

Blog post from August 2012 mentions this shirt.
I believe that Motherhood Maternity carried it.
It was called "embrace your pregnancy"

She could have bought it anytime after that on any resale site or 2nd hand shop.

I wonder when they actually started selling this shirt.
Then we would at least know it could not have been before whatever year that was.
(Probably not available when pregnant with child #12)
Link for date shirt was being sold.
http://fashionstyledesignquality.blogspot.com/2012/08/build-your-maternity-clothes-fashion.html?m=1

MOO
12fbfa420d05e54f475fbdd80042dbb2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Daily Mail has photos of the family from their FB page

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5272703/Police-13-siblings-chained-California-home.html

All the children are dressed alike in the family portraits.

Same photos now posted at this link

http://ktla.com/2018/01/15/kids-fou...ms-held-captive-in-perris-home-sheriffs-dept/

One photo shows the parents and kids in what looks like a wedding ceremony.

LE are asking for any information from the public about the family.

Here's what I don't get. HOW IN GOODNESS did this not go recognized? Just looking through the Facebook pictures (albeit after the reports) I got a creepy feeling. You mean to tell me that your neighbor has a 29 year old kid dressed like a toddler and you don't think to ask questions?

My husband had secret clearance when he worked in defense. I can just about guarantee my DH worked in a more sensitive capacity than DT did. We were informed that both his family and mine would be contacted, but to my knowledge that never happened. No home visit or anything like that - we assume they just did background checks on all our families and left it at that. After he was cleared, we just received instructions on what countries we shouldn't visit, people of certain nationalities we should be very careful about, etc, and that was it. Now, if we're talking TOP secret, I don't know what would happen there, but I seriously doubt DT had top clearance.

The bigger question for me, was if DT had any type of clearance, how he was able to obtain that with his history of financial issues. Someone else mentioned upthread that that's a big red flag and potential cause for termination, because you are considered at risk for blackmail by unscrupulous individuals if you're having big money problems, and that's something we were informed of as well.

My step father worked as an engineer for Grumman in the 60s (before Northrop) and had a security clearance. Some of the EEs in his group needed clearance, others didn't. I'm not sure what level but there was a background check and our neighbors were questioned. I remember my mother telling me we couldn't make any large purchases because they were checking finances. I was a spoiled teen and I wasn't happy about that. I don't recall a home visit.

I would think background check are far more rigorous now. Most likely DT's position didn't require security clearance because the financial aspect would absolutely preclude him from getting it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve just read an interesting article on the psychology of child torture referencing this crime (link below). I’ve been reading about this family via Australian MSM but not on WS, so I hope this article hasn’t been posted before:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/slightly-blighty/201801/the-psychology-child-torture

I dug and found the journal article referenced in the PT article, too (needless to say, trigger warnings! There are also pictures, graphic): http://alaska.nationalchildrensalli...-Torture-as-a-Form-of-Child-Abuse-article.pdf

Child torture is "caretaker efforts to crush the child's spirit and humanity." It's very different from ordinary child abuse which tends to arise from parents anger and loss of control (a lot of times they also have drug/alcohol problems, are socially isolated, and have no coping skills). It is deliberate and premeditated.

And to all of you who have overcome a difficult childhood: many hugs.

Very concerned about the progress of the adult children. I wonder about their educational level - seems Sandcastle School was long ago washed away, despite being registered with the State of California as a private school.

Why didn't the older "children" try to escape? Why didn't the children gang up on their parents? Did one actually drive a car? Were they too indoctrinated to challenge their parents? How could they be too indoctrinated if they planned an escape for two years? Surely they knew their situation was abnormal and dangerous. Mentally under-developed? Physically too weak.

I wondered the same thing about the older children. There was a lot more going on in that home than we currently know. My gut says cult like indoctrination and facts like the children weren't allowed to tell their names etc speak to some definite brainwashing. When thinking about the escape plan at first I was also wondering about the time line. Obviously they had to be very careful what was said etc. think of the Ariel Castro case where he held the three women captive for 10 years with no one knowing...it was only by carefully observing Castro s behavior over time that she knew when he made a mistake that would allow her to escape. It could be that in this CA case that this 2 years of "planning" was not physical planning as much as it was waiting for the right opportunity to execute their plan successfully. It will be interesting to learn for sure. This is one of the most bizarre cases I've ever heard of.

So there are approximately 8 years between the baby and the next oldest? I’ve had a thought lurking in my mind from the get-go..... IMO and just pure speculation on my part, I believe one of the older girls could possibly be the mother to that baby. There are not more than a year or two between each child and then such a big gap. If Louise was having trouble conceiving, that may have exacerbated the abuse, no?

Again, I have nothing to back that up but my own hinky meter. I’m sure testing on all the survivors will bring the truth forward in time.

Law enforcement reported a 10-year gap between Survivor 12 and Survivor 13. so #12 is 12, and #13 is 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tametn