CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You did a great job, Pug! Thank you.

(But I don't think Tricia meant for their names to be included. You may want to check to be sure)

I reread Tricia’s post and I think you’re right about not including names in the photo. When she said to name them on a photo I think she meant “Survivor 1 plus age.” But I’m bleary eyed so I’m not sure. I’ll edit my post and whoever does the Photo can check with Tricia as you suggest. Thanks!

I reread Tricia’s post and I think you’re right about not including names in the photo. When she said to name them on a photo I think she meant “Survivor 1 plus age.” But I’m bleary eyed so I’m not sure. I’ll edit my post and whoever does the Photo can check with Tricia as you suggest. Thanks!

Thanks, Lilibet. Since no one in MSM is naming these victims, I'd be really surprised if it's OK to do it here.

All of the 13 siblings had diminished mental capacity
The 17-year-old girl has a first-grade-level education
They are all extremely pale, scared and skittish
After being freed, they specifically asked social workers if they could stay together.
They didn't ask anything about their parents.
They were, according to our source, astounded that people wanted to help them.
After receiving clothing, some described being "honored" to finally have shoes of their own.
Eventually, investigators could get a window into their world -- every child kept a journal. Several boxes of journals were recovered inside the home.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/david-louise-turpin-riverside-county-warning-signs/

Animal control officers will inspect residences to determine whether the home is suitable for the dogs. Because this work will be carried out by local animal control officers, only Perris residents may apply.

http://beta.latimes.com/local/lanow...is-couple-20180119-story.html#nt=oft07a-17gp1

So you can homeschool in cali and not be checked but for dog adoptions your home will be inspected.

Btw not against home schooling.

All of the 13 siblings had diminished mental capacity
The 17-year-old girl has a first-grade-level education
They are all extremely pale, scared and skittish
After being freed, they specifically asked social workers if they could stay together.
They didn't ask anything about their parents.
They were, according to our source, astounded that people wanted to help them.
After receiving clothing, some described being "honored" to finally have shoes of their own.
Eventually, investigators could get a window into their world -- every child kept a journal. Several boxes of journals were recovered inside the home.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/david-louise-turpin-riverside-county-warning-signs/

From your link:

CBS News has just learned that someone in Southern California has volunteered to take in and adopt all 13 of the kids and adults and their release to that family could happen as early as Monday.

Monday. Wow!

I was going to say in respect of the siblings' height that I believed that children, on average, generally attain parents height divided by 2 plus 2 (in inches).

Obviously that's only an average, but some of the adults are only a little taller than LT, nowhere near what they 'should' have been if not for years of under-nutrition and abuse.

From your link:

CBS News has just learned that someone in Southern California has volunteered to take in and adopt all 13 of the kids and adults and their release to that family could happen as early as Monday.

Monday. Wow!

If true, that is good news. I assume it is someone who has already been approved in the past to take in foster kids and has a good reputation with authorities. Otherwise, I don’t see how it could happen by Monday.

Thanks, Lilibet. Since no one in MSM is naming these victims, I'd be really surprised if it's OK to do it here.

Yes, I agree, and especially in connection with their photo, but probably not at all.

There, doctors have observed a bond among the older siblings that is “very natural for people who are cut off from the outside world,” Dr. Fari Kamalpour told ABC News.

Because doctors and nurses are among the first people the siblings will interact with in the outside world — and because patients can tell if their doctors look discouraged — a limited team of positive, upbeat physicians were handpicked by medical staff to treat the children, according to ABC News.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-chains-and-freed-her-12-siblings/?tid=pm_pop

“It becomes very personal to you. And it hurts to see what another human being can do to another human being. So it does stay with you,” he said. “I don’t think there’s any of us that are involved or have spoken to them or interacted with them that slept much in the last week because you wake up in the middle of the night worrying about them.”

Is it at all possible that we move away from speculating at nauseam about any of these victims having been pregnant ! It has been stated time and again that these victims are all siblings and their parents are David and Louise.

The diaries also have sparked the interest of academics who research trauma and language. Writing in the journals was, quite possibly, what allowed the children to survive a life of fear, hunger and torture, said James Pennebaker, a renowned expert on using writing to heal from traumatic experiences.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/01/19/turpin-torture-diaries/1049928001/

The children’s stunted language skills might make the journals hard to decipher, he said. But this challenge also would be valuable in the study of communications barriers and the evolution of language.

Respectfully, referring to them as “Thing” does make me cringe. I realize no one means any disrespect by it, but we have been politely asked by several members to discontine that reference to the Thing-shirts in reference to the children. It should not be too difficult nor a mod issue to start calling them child/children/survivor/ or any other respectful title. I will do my best to give them and my fellow posters this respect on this matter.

no, they may not read here right now, but I would guarantee that some time in the future at least some will see our comments. Even 20 years from now it will still feel hurtful.

Thanks for clarifying, Tricia. No more Things in reference to the children.

JMO, of course.

Susan Curtiss, a University of California, Los Angeles, linguistics professor who worked closely with other abused children, said the Turpins needed unconditional love and support and to be kept together.

“They are emerging from their own horrible world to a world they know nothing about. One thing they do know is each other. That’s the only constant other than their own parents.”

Curtiss recommended a small team of carers. “The same one or two people should be there all day every day, touching them softly, a loving, gentle presence ... to lead them into society.”

[...]

Nora Baladerian, an LA-based clinical psychologist and licensed counsellor, said those responsible for the Turpins would have to choose between different treatment options.

“They may not have any idea of what normal is. They may not know that one does not normally live chained. It’s going to be a huge, long term adjustment just in daily living.”

Baladerian advised keeping the siblings together and exposing them to positive experiences such as scenic nature and beautiful music. “They have to heal from the separation of their parents and the knowledge of what their parents did to them. They need to acquire self-esteem and skills for future life. If they live in the memory of their suffering rather than hopes and dreams for the future, they won’t do so well.”

[...]

John Fairbank, co-director of the National Center for Child Traumatic Stress, said carers would need to carefully assess the relationships between the siblings. “Some may have served as surrogate parents, some may have bonded in critical pairings, and some may have aggressed on each other.”

He also leaned towards keeping all 13 together or near each other. “Worry, guilt, and fears may be exacerbated with the ‘not knowing’ and ‘not seeing’ their siblings. Given their reported experiences, there is little reason for these children to trust an adult who tells them their siblings are all OK.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/19/california-turpin-13-children-rescued-future

Nice work, you two! And thank you Tricia! Great idea about the photo. I love knowing their names. What about taking a blurred photo, as Tricia suggested, and doing a combination of name abbreviation/age? For example: Survivor 1 Jen-29, Survivor 2 Jos-25, etc. For me, having a snippet of name, as they were in the court papers, plus their current age helps me keep them straight and give each one an identity without revealing their whole name. I like the photo with the “thing” shirts where they’re all lined up in age order. But I don’t have the skill to do it. Thoughts?

ETA: See my next post about not using names and checking with Tricia. I was confused when I read her post about “naming them.”

I can do this. I just can't find the picture now! Ugh... I had it just a few minutes ago.

Are they trying to copy the Duggar family. All their children’s names start with J too.
The hideous 2013 video of the couple renewing their vows, is one of the most disturbing videos I’ve seen on YouTube. I wish the Elvis Chapel would take the video down the children don’t deserve to be exposed to strangers watching them.

I dont think so, the majority of their kids were born before the Duggars were ever on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member