CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think so, the majority of their kids were born before the Duggars were ever on TV.

So is there any religious or mystical significance to names beginning with J?

One thing I noticed is that the first half dozen kids were all given middle names but the younger ones seem to have just had the single name beginning with J. I'm not sure that there's any significance to that but I do wonder if it had a significance, eg the older kids were given second names of grandparents or other significant relatives and once that had been covered off the practice just stopped.

Also , the posts of why they didn't escape "sooner" or when they were in public.

Read up on the effects of severe abuse and trauma on the psyche and the very real effects of Stockholm Syndrome. Read the narratives of Jaycee Dugard or Elizabeth Smart.

The shackles become internal and psychological very quickly. It's about survival. Please don't question why these siblings didn't run, escape or tell someone sooner. Severe and complex trauma is a complicated and very real thing.

Vent over.
Also, we don't know that they didn't try to tell people multiple times. Not all have been able to be interviewed yet, IIRC. And the oldest is in bad shape. They could have told people and not been believed. They could have tried to tell people, been caught, and severely punished for it.

Remember, AFAIK, we only know about the Texas escape where the cop brought them back from neighbors. This tells me that the children haven't yet even begun to tell about all the escape attempts yet.

This would not be something investigators are focusing on at the moment for various reasons. Think about it. This is one of the worst things to ask them right now if they want to gain trust because it implies that maybe they didn't try before.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Why did they rene me their vows multiple times???
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
She seems to be reliving the fantasy of being young. It's the typical thing of planning the perfect wedding and having a baby. So she seems obsessed with that kind of young high school fantasy and is repeating the best parts of this fantasy - the wedding, the pregnancy, and becoming a mother.

It's over and over again in a continuous loop.

Perhaps the word "sibling" should be used instead of "thing" - such a dehumanising term and we are normalising it by using it here. I know why it started being used here and I know no one means any offence, which is why I am not quoting anyone, but the language we are using to talk about this family is really important.
I agree. And when we discuss their appearance from malnourishment or anything else, I'd like us to think about whether our words may cause them to wince if they were reading these posts.

I guess it makes sense that the nursery would be clean and perfect in this picture because this is what she is sharing on FB. To the outside world everything was perfect. Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also wonder if the group picture on the couch where everything looks spic and span is from when they first moved in and hadn't yet let trash build up in the house. That's the only picture of the older kids I've seen where they appear to be in their house.

It's astonishing NOBODY SAID A WORD in defense of these children...

Nobody can ever take the place of a parent in a child's life for being their champion, always self sacrificing and doing what's best for the child. The unfortunate truth is not all parents can do the sacrifice, many are too self absorbed and narcissistic. Nobody wanted to get involved. Everyone is too busy with their own lives and worrying about themselves. That's what our world has come to. Abuse right before our eyes and we're all too absorbed and busy in our own 21st century cell phone worlds to respond... not too busy care, too busy to respond, there is a difference or we wouldn't be following the story.

The Turpins are just the case that has been discovered. Similar abuse thought not on the scale of 13 kids is ongoing. Like when a cop sets a speed trap, he only catches one and hundreds get away. The world has not become a better place in my life time, evil is ongoing and growing.

Dr Seuss Thing theme. Too many photos to just call sibling as they are all only seen together.
I believe the OP means we can refer to the "Dr. Seuss photo" and "Sibling 3" or 4 or 5 or whatever.

I also wonder if the group picture on the couch where everything looks spic and span is from when they first moved in and hadn't yet let trash build up in the house. That's the only picture of the older kids I've seen where they appear to be in their house.

I wondered if that picture was taken in the home. Don’t know why but the location looks more commercial than residential.

Maybe send mods a pm or alert on post and ask. *Little triangle on left hand corner on my view. Not sure how on phones.
Mods are always busy putting out fires on gazillion threads. So they may not see a specific post/question.
Not trying to be bossy, just helpful.

I’m trying to catch up but in the last thread a sleuther posted a picture of the wrists and ankles of some and you can see the bruises and indentations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LT Mother's obit did not list husband, but listed the sisters and half brother who have been in media as well as 2 more. So possible it was step father not bio father.

The link that was given for -DT grandmother's obit, which was his paternal grandmother, she had 10 bio children, husband passed she remarried and had couple step grandchildren. Had 80 grandchildren!! 167 great grandchildren and 63 great great grandchildren!!!! This is grandmother -DT wrote children names. So large family seem be normal for Turpin side. Wow just wow that's a ton of family!

All 3 half siblings listed on the obit do not appear to have the same father and the 2 we haven’t heard from are quite a bit younger than the others (younger than the oldest survivor). Given that the obit has LT mother’s married name listed, I don’t think the mother actually remarried. I found this article interesting. It quotes one of the younger half siblings.

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...story/534fd3c14ea6af4fdfcda4a1e9ac1307#.izybs

I wonder if these kids names weren’t their original names. They changed them from the originals to make them all begin with “j”, in imitation of the Duggars? Dressed them all alike in imitation of the Duggars? Took photos of them like that (e.g. that one on the couch) so they would be just like the Duggars?

I wondered if that picture was taken in the home. Don’t know why but the location looks more commercial than residential.

Considering they weren't strangers to moving long distances it seems fairly likely that they moved into party or fully furnished homes when they arrived, that were designed to sell and look nice to the average home buyer.
Of course once their mayhem descended is when it all goes to pot.

Vacation rental? Or perhaps they had just moved in and hadn't trashed it yet :(

Edit: Moving into a furnished home makes a lot more sense, I hadn't thought of that!

Animal control officers will inspect residences to determine whether the home is suitable for the dogs. Because this work will be carried out by local animal control officers, only Perris residents may apply.

http://beta.latimes.com/local/lanow...is-couple-20180119-story.html#nt=oft07a-17gp1

So you can homeschool in cali and not be checked but for dog adoptions your home will be inspected.

Btw not against home schooling.
I worried when I first saw the headline that the dogs would be raffled. That was terrible wording. I was glad to see that in fact they are taking applications and from the short list of homes that qualify they will choose one randomly.

This is why Humane groups and CPS workers need to be cross trained to recognize child and animal abuse. It gives us twice the opportunity to stop both.

Once we were called to a house because it appeared that 3 dogs and some birds had been abandoned. It ended up saving an adult disabled person.

When we went in with the police, masks had to be worn because the floors were covered in feces. The residents had begun to pick up the dog poop off the floor and had a cardboard box filled halfway with feces in the kitchen before they just gave up and moved out.

They were then tracked down by authorities and the disabled adult was helped.

Holiday rental is possible.... where did they stay when at Disney? Or was it a day trip

Also, the carpets in the pics of Texas house. If that’s blood on the carpet then it’s a LOT! A big injury must have occurred to produce that volume?

The Turpins moved to Rio Vista after their home in Fort Worth was foreclosed on, records show. The home in Rio Vista sits on land that has mineral rights, so the family was receiving "nice royalties" off of the gas well on the property while they lived there for more than 10 years, Baldwin said.

After Baldwin bought the home, one of the neighbors told him that the family "up and disappeared" after one of their daughters was seen walking up the street. She allegedly talked to neighbors, asking for a ride and inquiring on how to obtain a driver's license, Baldwin said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/family-mal...ed-trailer-texas-home-years/story?id=52477251

I just joined this site, because I felt I HAD to say something. I have been reading about this case for the past several days and reading the posts here. I have heard about a lot of horrible things in my lifetime, but this has to REALLY gotten to me. I'm completely torn up and feel sick. I can't comprehend the unimaginable pain and fear these poor kids have suffered through their entire lives.

And yes, they are ALL KIDS. The so-called "adults" are only adults in a chronological sense. In every other way, they are children - physically, emotionally, and cognitively. They were starved and horrifically tortured and stunted. Their passage from childhood to young adulthood was spent in chains. Most other people spent their 21st birthday partying with their friends...these kids very likely spent it in agony, being chained to a bed and begging their sociopathic parents for food. I feel heartbroken for all of the kids, but in a way I really do feel even worse for the young adults. I have seen unblurred pictures of the kids, and when I see the older ones and how small and frail they are, I have to think of all the many years of starvation and torture they must have suffered to get to that point. I'm about to cry again as I'm writing this.

When everything is known, I honestly, truly believe that this will wind up being the worst case of child abuse ever reported. At least in the US. I did read about the Genie case which I think some people were talking about earlier, but in my opinion this is much worse because these kids suffered through DECADES of active, deliberate abuse and torture.

The parents (monsters) are pure evil. They weren't "mentally ill." Their actions showed that they deliberately caused the children pain because they WANTED to see them in pain. They starved the poor kids to near death, watching them suffer in agony, and then put food in front of them that they wouldn't let them eat. That is SADISTIC. I believe they genuinely hated the kids and enjoyed seeing them in pain. I agree with what some other people here have said about how the mother probably only liked babies and constantly wanted babies to have as a little "doll," but then didn't want the children anymore as they grew up. Then she began to despise them because they were in her way or somehow intruding on whatever sick fantasies she had. That would explain why it looks as though the older kids were abused the worst. She wanted to punish them for even existing.

I saw a picture of the kids sitting on a couch wearing red shirts and jeans and they're all barefoot. I think that picture was taken at the house in Perris, because to me it looks like the same backyard seen in the window behind them. The patio chairs and table look the same. The rooms looks surprisingly clean, so I'm thinking this must be from when they first moved there. If so, the picture would have been taken around 2014. That picture is absolutely heartbreaking to me though. The kids all look pale (as always), and I can tell you that I definitely see very obvious bruises or scars on their feet. A couple of people commented on this earlier, and yes I absolutely see it too. It's on the bony part of their ankles (I forget the term). Several of the kids have those marks on their feet. They look like two bruises evenly spaced apart. It's probably from whatever chains or shackles the monsters put on the kids. Also, on the far right, you can tell that the boy is so weak that he can barely sit up. Also remember that he would have been in his early 20's at that time...and yet, he looks like a little kid. A very sick, frail little boy. The thought that the "parents" made those kids pose in a staged photo like that to try look like a normal family, while they were so weak and sick is...I'm hearbroken and disgusted beyond words. The fact that they put shackles on that poor kid that was already sick and suffering...I can't even think of it anymore.

I'm sorry this post was so long. I had to get all of this off my chest. I've been crying and feeling nauseous the past several days, I can't stop thinking of these poor kids and haven't been able to sleep. :(

So is there any religious or mystical significance to names beginning with J?

One thing I noticed is that the first half dozen kids were all given middle names but the younger ones seem to have just had the single name beginning with J. I'm not sure that there's any significance to that but I do wonder if it had a significance, eg the older kids were given second names of grandparents or other significant relatives and once that had been covered off the practice just stopped.
I grew up around several large Catholic families (nowhere near this number, but often 5-9 kids) and it wasn’t uncommon for them to name their kids so that they would all have the same initials. In fact, two families I was close to all had the initials DS.

I just joined this site, because I felt I HAD to say something. I have been reading about this case for the past several days and reading the posts here. I have heard about a lot of horrible things in my lifetime, but this has to REALLY gotten to me. I'm completely torn up and feel sick. I can't comprehend the unimaginable pain and fear these poor kids have suffered through their entire lives.

And yes, they are ALL KIDS. The so-called "adults" are only adults in a chronological sense. In every other way, they are children - physically, emotionally, and cognitively. They were starved and horrifically tortured and stunted. Their passage from childhood to young adulthood was spent in chains. Most other people spent their 21st birthday partying with their friends...these kids very likely spent it in agony, being chained to a bed and begging their sociopathic parents for food. I feel heartbroken for all of the kids, but in a way I really do feel even worse for the young adults. I have seen unblurred pictures of the kids, and when I see the older ones and how small and frail they are, I have to think of all the many years of starvation and torture they must have suffered to get to that point. I'm about to cry again as I'm writing this.

When everything is known, I honestly, truly believe that this will wind up being the worst case of child abuse ever reported. At least in the US. I did read about the Genie case which I think some people were talking about earlier, but in my opinion this is much worse because these kids suffered through DECADES of active, deliberate abuse and torture.

The parents (monsters) are pure evil. They weren't "mentally ill." Their actions showed that they deliberately caused the children pain because they WANTED to see them in pain. They starved the poor kids to near death, watching them suffer in agony, and then put food in front of them that they wouldn't let them eat. That is SADISTIC. I believe they genuinely hated the kids and enjoyed seeing them in pain. I agree with what some other people here have said about how the mother probably only liked babies and constantly wanted babies to have as a little "doll," but then didn't want the children anymore as they grew up. Then she began to despise them because they were in her way or somehow intruding on whatever sick fantasies she had. That would explain why it looks as though the older kids were abused the worst. She wanted to punish them for even existing.

I saw a picture of the kids sitting on a couch wearing red shirts and jeans and they're all barefoot. I think that picture was taken at the house in Perris, because to me it looks like the same backyard seen in the window behind them. The patio chairs and table look the same. The rooms looks surprisingly clean, so I'm thinking this must be from when they first moved there. If so, the picture would have been taken around 2014. That picture is absolutely heartbreaking to me though. The kids all look pale (as always), and I can tell you that I definitely see very obvious bruises or scars on their feet. A couple of people commented on this earlier, and yes I absolutely see it too. It's on the bony part of their ankles (I forget the term). Several of the kids have those marks on their feet. They look like two bruises evenly spaced apart. It's probably from whatever chains or shackles the monsters put on the kids. Also, on the far right, you can tell that the boy is so weak that he can barely sit up. Also remember that he would have been in his early 20's at that time...and yet, he looks like a little kid. A very sick, frail little boy. The thought that the "parents" made those kids pose in a staged photo like that to try look like a normal family, while they were so weak and sick is...I'm hearbroken and disgusted beyond words. The fact that they put shackles on that poor kid that was already sick and suffering...I can't even think of it anymore.

I'm sorry this post was so long. I had to get all of this off my chest. I've been crying and feeling nauseous the past several days, I can't stop thinking of these poor kids and haven't been able to sleep. :(

Ct92404, Welcome to Websleuths!

It is so sad & heartbreaking.

Holiday rental is possible.... where did they stay when at Disney? Or was it a day trip

Also, the carpets in the pics of Texas house. If that’s blood on the carpet then it’s a LOT! A big injury must have occurred to produce that volume?

Depending on what you believe from DT's parents, they visited in Ca. either 4,5, or 6 yrs. ago and stayed for 5 days
according to them. I would suspect DT,LT and kids and DT's parents stayed at some motel/hotel near Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AliceSprings