CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My local NBC news claimed LT wanted another baby so the family would be bigger and increase the chances of a reality TV show. Abused so LT could keep the kids 'small' and more childlike for TV? LT was influenced by Kate Gosselin. - Yeah what a mom, she's down a kid who lives in a 'treatment center'. She chose TV fame instead of being a normal wife and mother. It isn't even Reality TV, all the trips are staged and planned, paid for as commercial endorsements. Reality TV would be her paying for the trips out of her own working income and without makeup plus the kids bickering amongst piles of dirty clothing. They always show stuff like camping in the backyard but it's the stage crew who put up the tents or movie night but again the camera crew sets up the equipment and popcorn machine.

The only strength these siblings have is each other. The abuse was so overwhelming and pervasive, I'm sorry but I don't see a big happy future climbing the sugar mountain, they will be negatively affected forever, they will need help forever. That is why child abuse is such an unforgivable crime. The abuse doesn't even end when the abuser is imprisoned and dies...

Something that I have been thinking about for the past couple of days. Do any of these survivors actually know when their birthdays are or any other dates? Do they know anything about Christmas or New Year's or Thanksgiving? If you told one of them that today is January 22, 2018, would they know what you meant? Was a Saturday any different than a Tuesday to them? Did the monsters even bother to teach any of this? Did the survivors get a huge culture shock to find out that people usually go to bed in the evening and wake up in the morning and go outside when the sun was shining? How many years will it take some of them to get used to the fact that it's normal to go to bed just to sleep and that it isn't normal to be shackled to your bed for hours, days or weeks?

I was thinking that, too. Like how did the 17yo know what months the reported sexual abuse happened. It just struck me that their journals had to have been those ones that showed the dates and you could fill it in daily, IMO. Maybe the ones that could write were actually bought new diaries every year. What a kind gesture :eek:hoh:

Another thought I had...apart from the fact I think they were allowed to write journals so the monsters could get high from reading about their suffering, maybe it was also to see if any of them were writing about an escape plan? Two years they were planning this. It would have only taken one of them to write about in their diary.

Something that I have been thinking about for the past couple of days. Do any of these survivors actually know when their birthdays are or any other dates? Do they know anything about Christmas or New Year's or Thanksgiving? If you told one of them that today is January 22, 2018, would they know what you meant? Was a Saturday any different than a Tuesday to them? Did the monsters even bother to teach any of this? Did the survivors get a huge culture shock to find out that people usually go to bed in the evening and wake up in the morning and go outside when the sun was shining? How many years will it take some of them to get used to the fact that it's normal to go to bed just to sleep and that it isn't normal to be shackled to your bed for hours, days or weeks?

I've been wondering about this as well, and wonder if it is part of their recovery (at some point, maybe not yet) just to establish a simple and reassuring weekly routine, with a lovely bright calendar, all the days of the week in different colours, so they can have a sense of Monday as Monday etc.
The older ones at least did spend time in a daytime routine, from what witnesses have said. Piecing things together, it looks like the night shift routine started when the scale of abuse was too difficult to hide. I might have the wrong impression here, but in my mind, they went from fairly rural communities where the neighbours aren't literally next door and where they owned pigs etc, to a suburban street where they had to be more careful about what the neighbours might see.

ABC News is reporting that there will be NO investigation done in Texas according to the Child Services organization there. Oh well.

Here's an excellent article I just found entitled "How can parents torture their children?" quoting psychology experts on how this kind of situation spirals out of control - they do keep saying that the magnitude of the Turpin case is way beyond what they normally see. But there are patterns there. This bit was particularly interesting to me:

"When you get two people working together, they support each other and their behaviour becomes normal to them," says Coral Dando, a psychology professor at London's University of Westminster. "They behave in a way they would never behave on their own."

Prof Browne says a situation can suddenly get worse because the perpetrators want to conceal a family secret, perhaps relating to the abuse.

"At some point, it becomes out of control, physically and socially, and they [the parents] have to control freedom of movement so the information can't be shared," he says.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42751715

ABC News is reporting that there will be NO investigation done in Texas according to the Child Services organization there. Oh well.

Will this mean LE won't be investigating (searching the area) of their previous property in Texas either?

Lots to get from Bankruptcy documents.
Oldest daughter is not listed only -DT, LT and 11 children. Ages at time of signed document (8/25/2011) are 19-4.

3/20/2011 Lawyer has date agreement signed
*3/21/2011* date the "school" opened*
7/2011 payment $2700
8/25/2011 CH7 filed

10/30/2011 profile with -DT parents, -DT, LT and 12 children at Disneyland
11/05/2011 FB friend and OB GYN M.D from Ft Worth makes comment & Turpin account replies.****

**Listed under creditors of interest are
10/2007 One Source Imaging $35
8/2008 I believe is a doctor balance $10
North Star Anesthesia $179
Tarrant County Pathology

*Youngest child on Ch7 age is listed as 4. Going by other children ages it appears having a baby every year. So 4 year old was 4 may have been almost 5 (as many of the kids were near birthday or just had going by confirm DOB)
** Going by creditors and dates, jmho I thinking LT went for ultrasound 10/2007 prev? Then possibly lost baby in 2008? Anesthesia and Pathology then maybe check up .

That makes sense. If she miscarred she may have needed a D&C. I have a gut feeling she lost several babies during that gap. If she miscarried at home with one that could explain some of the blood from the pictures. I have been through that myself. It happened so suddenly and before I could get to the restroom. My hallway looked like a crime scene. I also feel like it may have caused her to spiral. I have a friend who lost 6 babies in a row (over the period of just a few years). It took a massive toll on her emotionally.

No Texas probes involving California torture suspects
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 8:11 AM EST

RIO VISTA, Texas (AP) - An official in Texas says authorities there had no reports involving the couple charged in California with shackling and starving 12 of their 13 children.

David and Louise Turpin have pleaded not guilty in Riverside County, California, to multiple counts of torture, child abuse and false imprisonment. The couple moved to California from near Fort Worth, Texas, in 2011.

Patrick Crimmins with the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services said Saturday that his agency had no investigations concerning the Turpins.

~snip

http://www.kristv.com/story/37317813/no-texas-probes-involving-california-torture-suspects

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will this mean LE won't be investigating (searching the area) of their previous property in Texas either?

Good Question. It did not mention LE. but didn't the DA indicate they believed the abuse was ongoing before they moved to Ca. but in the charges they only mentioned 'from 2010 forward'. Could be they didn't get offer of co-operation from Tx. LE or unless they have proof of crimes in Tx., they will not pursue it. IDK.

RIO VISTA, Texas (AP) - An official in Texas says authorities there had no reports involving the couple charged in California with shackling and starving 12 of their 13 children.

David and Louise Turpin have pleaded not guilty in Riverside County, California, to multiple counts of torture, child abuse and false imprisonment. The couple moved to California from near Fort Worth, Texas, in 2011.

Patrick Crimmins with the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services said Saturday that his agency had no investigations concerning the Turpins.

~snip

http://www.kristv.com/story/37317813/no-texas-probes-involving-california-torture-suspects

From now on, I'm just gonna 'whistle' for osu to get over here and help us out.:happydance:

I’ve thought the same about them being handmade. Begs the question of who did it, though, doesn’t it? I can’t see the She monster sewing.
Not caught up with the 200 posts made last night while I slept, so maybe someone else has weighed in on this. But I sew, my mom and grandma sewed, and I can tell you that even for people who sew all the time, it takes incredible concentration to sew dresses of this nature. They aren't just sack dresses.

It also takes an uncluttered, clean space to do this, and it takes time, lots of time. I spent at least a full day making a quilted stuffed animal from scratch for a little beloved in my life. Cutting out the patterns itself takes a lot of time and can be backbreaking, leaning over the table. She could have made them do this part, I suppose, but there's still a ton of work sewing things together in the right order.

It often implies caring to follow through with such a project. I don't think she made these dresses. She may have given basic measurements to someone else to do so, though. Although I have a feeling you could find something like this available online and just order a bunch.

ETA - it also costs more to make than to buy, which is why making them also implies a level of care for the recipient unless someone just loves to sew. While you can get good deals on fabric, the odds of finding enough matching fabric on sale for such a project is slim.

Just because TX won't investigate does not mean CA will not send cadaver dogs and investigate, it's within their realm.

Hello all ! As a child I personally was mentally and sexually abused by my step father who on Sundays hid behind a pulpit at our private Christian academy. I literally feel for these children. And while our stories are completely different I can relate on so many levels... given the above I wanted to just make a few observations/statements purely based on my opinion.

1. The charge of a Lewd act most likely involves the same girl who escaped. And for LE to charge him with it, and the level he is charged with (force etc) they would have to have hard proof. I am also fairly certain she is the same brave girl that is holding the 2 year old baby in one of the vow renewal photos.
2. In this type of scenario victims are not usually that brave to escape and call 911 etc., not because they don’t know how but because it has been beaten into you to not be. Period.
3. I have a strong feeling that baby is hers. When I became a mother (by my husband) I truly felt I could fight off an army if it was for my child. Most mothers can agree with me, you will do anything for your child.
4. DNA tests and doctors etc... you have to remember this is a process, asking if they want a hug or a blanket could be a trigger. I promise you all the LE, caregivers etc are working on gaining trust right now and that’s as far as they have gotten.
5. The v neck shirt topic. When you have been abused you also feel shame and just want to own your own body. It could be as simple as they want their bodies to be theirs. 30 years later and I still rarely wear a v-neck. And if I do, I have a cami under.
6. The leaving the food on the counter. My parents did that in regards to sweets. I was 7 and my step father would be eating a pie dropping the crumbs on the floors & I would be vacuuming up the crumbs from under him. It’s a total control thing & it’s sick. I didn’t ever really have treats until I was 14 years old.
7. Don’t try to get into the minds of the abusers. It’s not worth it. When I was around 8 I remember being woken up in the middle of the night because there was a slug in my parents bathroom. I had to go and grab the salt and pour it on it to kill it. My parents laid in bed and laughed at me the whole time. I still don’t understand why they thought it was funny. And I never want to understand.
8. I have a feeling they stayed up all night so that they would be less observed. Most people are sleeping when they are awake. Better chance of being under the radar.
9. The journals - I was allowed to keep a journal. However, I didn’t know at the time but my parents also read it. In hindsight I realize they used it to find out my fears etc. and then they indirectly used those fears against me.
10. The vow renewals - my parents renewed their vows twice... once after my step father admitted what he had done - he said it was their way of starting over ... and then again a year later when he admitted he had done it to my sister too.

Those are my opinion and thoughts ... I hope it helps.

Thank you so much for sharing this. Hugs to you. [emoji22]

I also read a MSM article that said she was the one that escaped with the 17 year old.....so, if that info was correct, I can totally understand her reasoning for going back. I can't remember which article it was but I think it was one of the UK based articles.
She seems to be the one who escaped in Texas long ago, but I haven't seen anything about her and this escape. Link?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Agree with you. I also sew. LT's life is way too scattered and disorganized to have the discipline to make those dresses.
She bought them online IMO.

If they put up a trailer under the pad is good place to start.

~snip

Would they open an investigation in Texas if information comes out from the children that abuse happened there as well? Could California LE be able to go to Texas to do any kind of investigation?

Not caught up with the 200 posts made last night while I slept, so maybe someone else has weighed in on this. But I sew, my mom and grandma sewed, and I can tell you that even for people who sew all the time, it takes incredible concentration to sew dresses of this nature. They aren't just sack dresses.

It also takes an uncluttered, clean space to do this, and it takes time, lots of time. I spent at least a full day making a quilted stuffed animal from scratch for a little beloved in my life. Cutting out the patterns itself takes a lot of time and can be backbreaking, leaning over the table. She could have made them do this part, I suppose, but there's still a ton of work sewing things together in the right order.

It often implies caring to follow through with such a project. I don't think she made these dresses. She may have given basic measurements to someone else to do so, though. Although I have a feeling you could find something like this available online and just order a bunch.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Agree. I used to sew dresses on an old treddle machine for money when I was living off the grid in the Blue Ridge Mountains (VA) once upon a time.

Huge project. The logistics of sewing all of those dresses dont seem to align with what we know of the lifestyle. Maybe she taught one of the girls or they got a good deal online.

If they put up a trailer under the pad is good place to start.

I am so glad you brought this up. No matter the height, 82 pounds is nearing critical organ failure for an adult woman. I wonder as others have if this was the last straw for them, that this sibling was approaching death and LT still refusing to allow her any food. And yes, they would be charged with murder if any of them died of neglect and abuse. If any of the survivors die in the future from causes related to neglect and abuse, they may still face murder charges (for instance kidney, liver or heart failure linked to starvation).

If she had become the surrogate caretaker for the others I could see her giving them her ration of food. We assume they fed her the least, which may be true, but it could also be that she gave the others some or most of what she was given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz