CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No difference whatsoever to me. Of course they're screwed up but so are lots of other people walking the streets and
feeding their kids and working hard to pay their bills. These parents made a conscious effort to harm their children,
a conscious effort to starve their children and an ongoing effort to imprison them. this was no short term psychosis
that they suddenly undid or made amends. This was prolonged and pervasive. Every day that they woke up they had the opportunity to stop the cruelty and start over, but no, they just continued every single day for years and years.
No excuses for them, both monster parents seemed to get on just fine in the rest of their lives. So I doubt there
will be a successful legal challenge to their sanity.

Thanks for answering. I just wondered if it makes it easier to deal with, in the head of those who survived such abuse. Not as an excuse though, just if an explanation for some of the behaviour made it easier to heal from the trauma or not.

I would like to inject something here on the subject of weight. I had a normal childhood, was not abused in anyway, plenty of food available (Mother was a H/W and an excellent cook). I am 5'5". The day I was married I weighed 92 pounds. The day before my son was born I weighed 105 pounds. I was 22 years old. When I was 36 years old I weighed 101 pounds. I was married with a career and resources to buy food anytime I wanted. I just was never hungry. I would go all day long without eating a single thing. It got to where in the evening after we got home, hubby would take to asking me if I had eaten that day. Usually the answer was no and he would insist I eat something right then. Even now, after I have gained weight (more then I like or should have) he still worries. Recently hubby spent four days in the hospital with pneumonia and every day he was calling our son and telling him "make sure your mother has eaten something today". All of my weight gain or lack thereof was purely my own fault.

My point is that the girls all look to be short as does LT (she looks to be about 5'2" when standing beside Elvis) and even though the 29 year old weighs only 86 pounds, I cannot help but think the weight issue is not why the DA listed her as in critical condition. A lot of women are very thin. I think maybe she had some severe injuries from the beatings or atrophied muscles from being forced to lie in bed for weeks or months that landed her on the critical list. Then again if the were being fed nothing but Vienna sausages every meal she would not have been getting vital nutrients, plus all that salt in them could have caused severe organ damage. Could the fact that they were fed the same thing over and over every day have had more to do with them being malnourished than the actual amount of food given to them?

Could some medical people chime in on this?

JMO

I think the Vienna sausages were only mentioned by an old neighbor in TX. Yes they could have other injuries and health issues, but I think they were emaciated when they were found. Carefully refeeding them in a medical setting seemed to be the focus last week.

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone mention it but in this photo the shelves with what I assume are collectibles nags at me. I have a family member who is a borderline hoarder, never had a clean dish in the house, food and animal feces rotting everywhere... Never ever would have shelves like this not been covered with filth and clutter.

In this family member’s case, one of her ex-husbands called CPS at least a couple times I am aware of because of the filth and health/safety of the kids. I found out years later that her next door neighbor had a clerical position at the CPS office and would give her warning that there was going to be a “surprise” visit, then help her clean before the visit. She worked as an elementary school teacher at the same school for at least 30 years and never didn’t smell like a horrible mix of cat pee, poop and cigarettes.
cache.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the only things cared for by them were their Disney stuff.

Look at the "X __" number. He has 43 charges, she has 49 according to my math.

I wonder if LT is going to claim she didn't know about the lewdness.

Not sure if she will have to claim anything since she not charged with it? Depends on what evidence have for her charges jmho. But I get 44 and 49

Media photos show LEO carrying out U-Haul box. And agree on CC records, and to think it was from FOIA from news organization? Maybe because he was an adult not a mini? But still I too thought privacy.

The college specifically would answer no questions saying there is a privacy law. Those records came out another way.

Can I ask a question of the very brave, amazing survivors we have on the thread ... would a diagnosis of a personality disorder or a psychopathy/sociopathy of your abuser(s) make it better or worse for you? Or would it make no difference to how you felt about it?
It would not have made a difference. She was an adult and if there were issues they should have been taken care of or addressed before she even thought of having a child. How could she not know that it was wrong? She should have asked for help and he should have stopped looking the other way.

I would like to inject something here on the subject of weight. I had a normal childhood, was not abused in anyway, plenty of food available (Mother was a H/W and an excellent cook). I am 5'5". The day I was married I weighed 92 pounds. The day before my son was born I weighed 105 pounds. I was 22 years old. When I was 36 years old I weighed 101 pounds. I was married with a career and resources to buy food anytime I wanted. I just was never hungry. I would go all day long without eating a single thing. It got to where in the evening after we got home, hubby would take to asking me if I had eaten that day. Usually the answer was no and he would insist I eat something right then. Even now, after I have gained weight (more then I like or should have) he still worries. Recently hubby spent four days in the hospital with pneumonia and every day he was calling our son and telling him "make sure your mother has eaten something today". All of my weight gain or lack thereof was purely my own fault.

My point is that the girls all look to be short as does LT (she looks to be about 5'2" when standing beside Elvis) and even though the 29 year old weighs only 86 pounds, I cannot help but think the weight issue is not why the DA listed her as in critical condition. A lot of women are very thin. I think maybe she had some severe injuries from the beatings or atrophied muscles from being forced to lie in bed for weeks or months that landed her on the critical list. Then again if the were being fed nothing but Vienna sausages every meal she would not have been getting vital nutrients, plus all that salt in them could have caused severe organ damage. Could the fact that they were fed the same thing over and over every day have had more to do with them being malnourished than the actual amount of food given to them?

Could some medical people chime in on this?

JMO

The court charges link shows LT AS 5’1” 140 and DT as 6’1” 220.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to poke around on youtube and see if I can find that picture. If I can find it and faces are blurred,I'll post it.

BBM

But looking at the pictures of LT when she was a girl and of her mother also they were both thin. In the wedding picture of LT when she was 16 she was also very small and I would venture to say she only weighed around 100 lbs.

Does anyone else get that from looking at the photos of LT and her family that were taken when LT was young?

I have a picture of LT with her two oldest when they were toddlers, she doesn't really look thin in that photo.

The college specifically would answer no questions saying there is a privacy law. Those records came out another way.

You are correct, I misread, and transcript was obtained we just don't know how.
ETA, "waited outside classroom" only means not inside and we are not told where LT waited. Could have been in hallway? I doubt that, others would be telling about that. Jmho I thinking in cafeteria or lounge area somewhere.

"That son was a student at Mt. San Jacinto College for six semesters and maintained a 3.93 grade-point-average, according to a transcript obtained by ABC News.

"Louise Turpin would accompany him, wait outside of the classroom for him," said Riverside County District Attorney Michael A. Hestrin. "When he was finished with class she would take him home."

In a statement, the college said it was aware that one of the Turpin children was previously enrolled there but declined to provide additional information about him, citing the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. http://abc7chicago.com/torture-case...ntained-393-gpa-at-community-college/2980331/

Thanks for answering. I just wondered if it makes it easier to deal with, in the head of those who survived such abuse. Not as an excuse though, just if an explanation for some of the behaviour made it easier to heal from the trauma or not.

IME, healing from the trauma is done within your own head, trying to understand the reasons abuse happened helps
somewhat but still LABELS put on an abuser does not excuse it nor really lessen it. People can figure out right from wrong. And when you try to hide your actions you know it's wrong. It's very complex but I think it's a personal journey
for victims to come to an understanding and heal themselves. Education helps immensely and personal exploration.

I found the picture but the faces aren't blurred and I have no idea how to blur faces. Darn it.

I have a picture of LT with her two oldest when they were toddlers, she doesn't really look thin in that photo.

If it one with Minnie Mouse cake, that suppose to be LT sister an oldest daughter of -DT & LT

There's not much about this case that doesn't bother me. Reading about the student eating plate after plate of food did me in. For moments he didn't feel hunger, and was able to taste good food. The downside, eating that much about being starved probably made him very sick. :tantrum:
Normally only really active in UK cases but this one has gotten to me and ive spent the last 3 days catching up.

I have very little to say that hasn't been already. I feel for them all bit for some reason the pictures of middle boy and the story of the eldest boy eating plate after plate of food has finished me off - i feel immense heartache for them.

However hopefully now they can all make the long and slow road to normality and a happy life. Thank goodness this all happened before theu had the chance to move again

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member