CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please forgive me if this has been posted and I haven't seen it just yet.

I read something in Time Magazine. At least I thought it was Time.It was online and it came on my Facebook feed.

It was about a woman who went to grade school with the oldest Turpin girl.The 29-year-old. She talked about how horrible she and her classmates treated her because she smelled. Now she finds out the truth and is devastated thinking about this poor little girl and what she went through at school and at home.

This was before they were homeschooling their kids.

Now, I am wondering if what I read wasn't made up because I can't find it anywhere. It had a picture of the girl in grade school and her real name. The picture is fine because it is so old. If we can find it we can black out the first name.

Again, my apologies if I have disrupted the thread. I will report myself to the owner and await my eventual banning.

Tricia

I have the picture.. if I send you it, could you blur out her first name?

Not defending these monsters but hogs will eat anything, charge people, and will always try to escape, even if you just feed them. Were they probably hungry/starved? Most likely but the behavior of these animals is not indicative of this.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This! And neighbors cow got out too and went onto Turpin property. Happens with animals, and same with dogs and cats getting into trash. May be harder for people to realize if never lived in country or had animals. Not only hogs either. 😎 Ever notice cowboy shows having to mend fences?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/california-children-found-shackled-in-home-placed-in-foster-care/ CBS is reporting that the adults will be moved to an assisted living facility this week and that the six children will be moved to two foster homes.

Please tell me they aren’t separating these kids. They are all each other have had for all these years. They’re entire world has just been turned upside down and now they are losing each other. Yes, it’s beyond a blessing that they have been rescued, but these poor babies know nothing else, and now they are losing each other too. How devastating for them. Hopefully they will all be reunited soon.

Are you saying the picture of the beds with zip ties on them are valuables??? What in that crap hole Texas House was valuable? If something was so valuable, they should have taken it.

No. That post you quoted was in a reply to a posters quote that has since been removed. It had nothing to do do with the Turpin residence(s)

I read something in Time Magazine. At least I thought it was Time.It was online and it came on my Facebook feed.

It was about a woman who went to grade school with the oldest Turpin girl.The 29-year-old. She talked about how horrible she and her classmates treated her because she smelled. Now she finds out the truth and is devastated thinking about this poor little girl and what she went through at school and at home.

Now, I am wondering if what I read wasn't made up because I can't find it anywhere. It had a picture of the girl in grade school and her real name. The picture is fine because it is so old. If we can find it we can black out the first name.

Again, my apologies if I have disrupted the thread. I will report myself to the owner and await my eventual banning.

Tricia
Here is an article.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article196274644.html

"Classmates say the oldest of 13 siblings found captive in their California home was bullied during grade school in Fort Worth, Texas."

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    370.7 KB · Views: 154
Agreed. He's super sharp and knows what he's doing. I am VERY impressed with everyone in Riverside county right now handling this. Sheriffs. DA. Hospital staff. CPS and APS. Chamber of Commerce ad the town's people who flooded the kids with gifts and supplies and cash.

So great.

Agree. They get cases all the time but this was a baker's dozen so lots of work ahead. Each of the Turpin children are multiple counts. Lots of work ahead. And as he said they are humans not robot's. Praying for the whole staff

Tricia

Hi, I think there are two students who have come forward saying they went to grade school with the oldest victim that have been reported via the Associated Press and distributed to various newspapers - http://www.sacbee.com/news/state/article196181044.html and http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...rnia-was-bullied-frail-ex-classmate-says.html (hope at least one of the link works). They are Taha Muntajibuddin and Stephanie Hernandez. One did a Facebook post, but I did not see it on Time, but it might be out there and I can't find it.

Hi, I think there are two students who have come forward saying they went to grade school with the oldest victim that have been reported via the Associated Press and distributed to various newspapers - http://www.sacbee.com/news/state/article196181044.html and http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...rnia-was-bullied-frail-ex-classmate-says.html (hope at least one of the link works). They are Taha Muntajibuddin and Stephanie Hernandez. One did a Facebook post, but I did not see it on Time, but it might be out there and I can't find it.

I just found what you might be looking for on CTV, but don't want to post the link because I think it violates the Terms. I found the picture of the girl and her real name on the yearbook photo. I can forward it to you if you would like, but I don't think I should post the link. If you look at my profile, you can email me directly and I can send it to you.

This craziness was always there. Look at them.

If I saw a family of 12 or 13 people that looked like this, I wouldn't think "starvation, strangulation and bondage". I would think 'odd' and move along.

These kids never lived a normal life. Ever. None of them. Every 'home' they left was reduced to garbage, they were imprisoned their entire lives and were hungry.

I believe that the 17 year old knew how to do a lot more than we think. Remember, these kids have the genes of an engineer in them, they may all be very intelligent. She knew they were packing to move while 3 of the starved children were chained to feces covered beds, in dire condition. Maybe not all of them were going to be moving with the family. Like last time, with the dogs and kitten.

She had to make her move now.

JMHO

This craziness was always there. Look at them.

If YOU saw a family of 12 or 13 people that looked like this, would you think 'starvation, strangulation, bondage'? Or would you think 'odd' and move along?

These kids never lived a normal life. Everywhere they left was reduced to garbage.

I believe that the 17 year old knew how to do a lot more than we think. She knew they were moving. They are packing to move and 3 of the starved children are chained to feces covered beds. Maybe not all of them were going to be moving with the family.

That's what I am thinking as well, and why the 17-year-old felt that it was imperative to act NOW.

Tricia I think this is the article you were referring to although it doesn’t have any photo’s.
This was posted by Neeha Curtis @ Cleveland 19 News, on her FB page. I’ve copied and pasted the full text below.
8bc2b4e2b719afe8c12e9b24a8950725.jpg

* This is a post from someone who was in 3rd grade with the oldest daughter.
—————————————
J—— Turpin was the one girl at Meadowcreek Elementary that nobody wanted to be caught talking to. Every grade level had a designated "cootie kid" and she held the title for our year. She was a frail girl, had pin-straight hair with bangs, and often wore the same purple outfit. She was often made fun of by the other third graders because her clothes would sometimes look as though they had been dragged through mud, which she would also smell like on most days. I distinctly remember my entire third grade class scoffing at her one day because our teacher had asked her to discard a scrunchy she had used to tie her hair out of a discarded tin foil wrapper from an old Hershey's bar. After that year, J—— moved away, and she was forgotten about after we moved on to the the next "cootie kid."

Several years later, after high school, I found myself thinking about her again. I was bored at home and was passing the time by facebook stalking old elementary school classmates to see how they turned out, and I remember searching specifically for J——-. Her name was so distinct that there couldn't be any more than a few people who shared the name, yet no matching results came up. I had naturally assumed that J——- was one of the lucky few who hadn't been bit by the social media bug. I also thought somewhere, somehow, J——- was probably living her best life, showing up all of us gawky third graders in Mrs. Llano's class how far she'd come. She was going to be that person at the reunion looking completely flawless and making six figures while the rest of us tried to conceal our receding hair lines and minimum wage jobs.

I feel like we all kind of have that hope that those people who were marginalized growing up (sometimes by our own hands) somehow grew past those circumstances, and essentially grew up to kick *advertiser censored* in real life. That's what I had hoped for
J——-. That she had used the insults that we hurled at her, the isolation we provided for her, and the ill-looks we gave her and used it as ammunition to forge a successful path in life. I was so sure that was what had happened, but today I was in for a rude awakening (see articles below).

I've been reading these articles and seeing these statements and looking at these pictures, and I can't help but feel an overwhelming sense of guilt and shame. Of course, none of us are responsible for the events that ensued, but you can't help but feel rotten when the classmate your peers made fun of for "smelling like poop" quite literally had to sit in her own waste because she was chained to her bed. It is nothing but sobering to know that the person who sat across from you at the lunch table went home to squalor and filth while you went home to a warm meal and a bedtime story.

The resounding lesson here is a simple one, something that we're taught from the very beginning: be nice. Teach your children to be nice. If you see someone that's isolated, befriend them. If you see someone that's marginalized, befriend them. If you see someone that's different, befriend them. We can never completely put ourselves in others' shoes nor can we completely understand the circumstances that one is brought up in, but a simple act of kindness and acceptance may be the ray of hope that that person needs. Befriend the J——- Turpins of the world.

J——-, despite being vehemently vilified by her peers, was still one of the most pleasant people I have had the opportunity to meet. She had this whimsical optimism to her that couldn't be dampened, couldn't be doused no matter what anybody threw at her. That cheerful disposition is what makes me certain that J—— will prevail. That one day, I'll remember to facebook stalk her, and see that she is living her best life. That despite being let down by her parents and by her peers alike,
J——- rose above it all. And I'm going to be rooting for her, as her peer, as her classmate, as her friend. J—— Turpin: from "cootie girl" to "conquered the world."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5359201/house-horrors-turpin-family-kids-squalid-texas-home/

—————————————

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be very concerned about DT's father. He impresses me as a real trouble-maker. With prior cases we've seen defendent's parent/parents try to influence the case through the media.............Scott Peterson's parents - particularly his mother; Darren Mack's mother and brother; Casey Anthony's parents - particularly her mother, etc. But this case is different because from all reports, it appears the victims are vulnerable to anyone who shows them kindness. They must be protected!

I agree with DA parents no contact and all ways no phone, mail or third party. Especially until they can get more investigation done and various medical reports. I find it normal for grandparents/family trying to contact & find out about about the children. If they weren't then people would make issues with that.

Grandpa is 80 Grandma 81. They appear to have had more contact with family than LT family and they been all over media.

Jmho I think this is probably normal/routine in cases with kids in protected care or foster care. This time it's a high profile case with 13 victims

Agree. They get cases all the time but this was a baker's dozen so lots of work ahead. Each of the Turpin children are multiple counts. Lots of work ahead. And as he said they are humans not robot's. Praying for the whole staff

Yes prayers for the staff, and of course prayers for the ones who need them the most (victims).

Tricia

I sent the Facebook post and picture to your gmail account.

I can't believe people are attacking these commenters. They were kids when this happened! They are now empathetic insightful and remorseful adults who are spreading what they learned!!!!

Please do not insult each other. COME ON NOW.

Really, I just read two direct insults from posters who should know better.

TWO foster homes? Please tell me they are not separating them into different homes at this point in time?

Omg.
I guess the two homes they had lined up (one for the minors and one for the adults) must have fallen through or not checked out. :-(

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member