CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the neighbor was correct and he/she actually saw one of the older girls driving into and out of the Turpin driveway, either she had a drivers license or not. If so, she had to be able to read and pass the drivers test and know the basic driving laws, which would mean that she spent time outside of the home, being taught, and is licensed by the state. If not licensed, the Turpins were taking one hell of a risk of her getting stopped by the police and possibly ratting them out, or being involved in an accident or just escaping and driving To the police. In either case, the driver girl would certainly know what a police officer is. JMO Also, it seems more logical to me that they would let the college class son be a driver.....but then nothing about them is logical

My hope is that the adult children become gainfully employed, mentally stable, and take their sibling's into their own homes.

While I agree with you that I want the siblings to become gainfully employed and mentally stable, I actually don't wish that they would take the younger siblings into their homes. The adult children have had to be parents to their siblings for so long without models of quality parenting. I think it will be many years before they have gained the life skills necessary to sustain themselves alone. I hope that the young children have fantastic foster parents who model appropriate and loving parental behavior. IMO this is the best chance the younger children have to lead normal lives. The best case scenario is if these foster/adoptive parents would allow the children to maintain close contact with their older siblings just like any parent would.

If the neighbor was correct and he/she actually saw one of the older girls driving into and out of the Turpin driveway, either she had a drivers license or not. If so, she had to be able to read and pass the drivers test and know the basic driving laws, which would mean that she spent time outside of the home, being taught, and is licensed by the state. If not licensed, the Turpins were taking one hell of a risk of her getting stopped by the police and possibly ratting them out, or being involved in an accident or just escaping and driving To the police. In either case, the driver girl would certainly know what a police officer is. JMO Also, it seems more logical to me that they would let the college class son be a driver.....but then nothing about them is logical
It has been stated over and over again in the media that they could read and write.

In most places, you can study for the driver's exam at home and it takes about 10 minutes to complete at the DMV. I just had to take it again when I moved states. It's written in very simple language so that people without much education can understand it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

With regards to family members wanting to adopt the younger children: Six of them are now children, by next year one of them will be 18 so will be an adult. Of the 5 remaining children, 4 of them will be teenagers. I would think they would have some input as to where they want to live and I highly doubt they would want to live on the other side of the country, away from their other 8 siblings.

Probile that this year the 17 year old turns 18. And we don't know anything from children or adults as to their relationship with extended family or feelings towards them. I totally agree the teens should have input. There are also guidelines that the courts would have to follow just as any other in the system. So far there's only the order against the parents. Nothing against any extended family. Kids are where need to be for current time. Still being evaluated and investigation going on. When that time comes there will be more information available for those in charge to make an informed decision.

Just like people all upset they are in different places. They have been since taken into protected custody. Different ages with different needs and goals. Decisions made by informed individuals. Jmho

It looks like the rodeo photographs were taken at a place called Billy Bob's in Fort Worth Texas. It's a sort of honky-tonk, bar, rodeo, music venue type of place. So I think it's speculation to think this had anything to do with the alleged trip to Huntsville for a little husband-approved polyamory. However, I do think this could have likely been one of those nights when LT was "sowing her wild oats." She looks plastered.

attachment.php

It is also open during day as a tourist attraction. I have photos of my kids on the same bull. Same thing with many others in that area of FT Worth Stockyards Same town they lived in and same town not far from where they moved. Without knowing anything about this other than a photo, is irresponsible to assume. Jmho

It has been stated over and over again in the media that they could read and write.

In most places, you can study for the driver's exam at home and it takes about 10 minutes to complete at the DMV. I just had to take it again when I moved states. It's written in very simple language so that people without much education can understand it.

In California for someone under 18 to get a Driver's License, they have to complete a 25 hour or so online or classroom course, go to the DMV and pass the written test, then get a certified licensed driving school to provide 6 hours of behind the wheel instruction. Only after the first hour and a half of behind the wheel instruction can the student go on the open road accompanied by a licensed driver. Then the minor has to do 40 hours of daytime driving and 10 hours of nighttime driving before they can go into take the DMV behind the wheel test. And they can only take it after the certified licensed driving school has completed the 6 hours of behind the wheel instruction and signed off on it. Given this, I think it may be a case of mistaken identity that someone claimed that they saw one of the older daughters driving an automobile.

It is possible that they mistakenly thought it was one of the daughters when it was actually the mother for one of the daughters I think.

I don't mean this to be rude to you, it's just how I feel. But I don't really care when she smiled. There is no point in time when this crazy *advertiser censored** should be smiling.

Not rude at all! All opinions are respected by me. I was simply expressing mine - which usually favors facts over feelings :peace:

LOL, not your ultimate fantasy?

Heh.

I am just thinking if she was making it up she would have said Nashville or Atlanta (if she wanted that part of the country). Or NYC. Or even Orlando (home of DisneyWorld). IDK, places people actually go on vacation.

In California for someone under 18 to get a Driver's License, they have to complete a 25 hour or so online or classroom course, go to the DMV and pass the test, then get a certified licensed driving school to provide 6 hours of behind the wheel instruction. Only after the first hour and a half of behind the wheel instruction can the student go on the open road accompanied by a licensed driver. Then the minor has to do 40 hours of daytime driving and 10 hours of nighttime driving before they can go into take the DMV behind the wheel test. And they can only take it after the certified licensed driving school has completed the 6 hours of behind the wheel instruction and signed off on it. Given this, I think it may be a case of mistaken identity that someone claimed that they saw one of the older daughters driving an automobile.

It is possible that they mistakenly thought it was one of the daughters when it was actually the mother for one of the daughters I think.
But what does an adult have to do to get a license? We don't have any reason to believe they let her drive when she was a minor, do we?

ETA I found and posted the answer. The requirements were definitely doable.

I pretty much presumed that some, more than others, have reading and writing skills....although they were generally described to be rudimentary. Obviously, the oldest son can read write and comprehend. Not much if anything has been said about the others' abilities beyond the third grade. Anyway, my post was about whether or not an older girl is a LICENSED driver, how she obtained the license, and what a risk it was for them to allow her to drive, licensed or not. JMO

But what does an adult have to do to get a license? We don't have any reason to believe they let her drive when she was a minor, do we?

Adults’ Driver License Requirements

If you are at least 18 years old and have never been licensed, you must meet the following criteria:

Comply with the requirements for a driving permit.When you are ready, make an appointment to take the behind-the-wheel driving test.When you report for the driving test, bring your instruction permit with you.Pass the behind-the-wheel driving test. If you fail the test, you must pay a retest fee for a second or subsequent test and schedule a behind-the- wheel driving test for another day.
Adults’ Permit Requirements

If you are at least 18 years old, meet the application requirements, and pass the required tests, you may be issued a California instruction permit.
You must have an instruction permit while learning to drive. Your accompanying driver must be 18 years old or older and have a valid California DL. This person must be seated close enough to you that they are able to take control of the vehicle at any time. An instruction permit does not permit you to drive alone–not even to a DMV field office to take the driving test.

From
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/pubs/hdbk/adults

Edited because my copy and paste was messed up

Excellent re, "Police officer" - it's mentioned six times in this online test
http://www.tumon.com/betterdrivers_ocd/pages/30 questions

It looks like the rodeo photographs were taken at a place called Billy Bob's in Fort Worth Texas. It's a sort of honky-tonk, bar, rodeo, music venue type of place. So I think it's speculation to think this had anything to do with the alleged trip to Huntsville for a little husband-approved polyamory. However, I do think this could have likely been one of those nights when LT was "sowing her wild oats." She looks plastered.

attachment.php

When this photo was brought to the fore it was specifically stated that they stopped at this place on the way to her Huntsville liaison.

We don't even know if the neighbor was correct about seeing a girl driver. Everyone has assumed that one statement by a neighbor is a fact.....and ran with it.

I know some people have mentioned that an uncle said he wanted to adopt the kids, and how that may be a bad idea. And absolutely he should NOT get custody of ANY of them!

I came across this article which mentions that the uncle wrote a book about "the benefits of fasting." People here have already talked about that...BUT in his book, he apparently also recommends "JOURNALING about a 21 day experience of fasting." JOURNALING. Gee, does that sound familar?!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...of-horror-house-kids-wants-to-adopt-them/amp/

This idiot just may have been the one who inspired the monster parents to starve the kids!

None of the kids should be placed anywhere near ANY family members! The entire family are either total sociopaths (like the parents), religious fanatic nutcases, or completely oblivious and clueless. Some may be a combination of everything.

I am still especially worried about what will happen to the older kids. I do believe the minor kids will be safe and cared for in foster homes. But I seriously worry that when all the public attention dies down, people will forget how traumatizied and horribly damaged the older kids are, and the county may start to slip up. People will just start to think "well, they're adults now" and forget that they have no life skills and their entire lives were spent in misery. It's unrealistic and horribly unfair to expect them to magically act like normal adults now. Slowly, they can be rehabilitated and perhaps eventually have a somewhat normal life. But I hope everyone realizes that it will be a long process. Years. I dread to think that these kids may get lost in bureaucracy and neglected all over again once public attention fizzles out.

Thx for your post !! Very interesting to me actually. Part of me is 'hahah'.
1. YES, I remember the exact episodes. But am sure I've got plenty of memory loss. Some is very clear and exact in recall. One EG is the 'vomit and eat it' episode happened at breakfast table with older sibling next to me, and that sibling will bring that up as one EG - that sibling remembers it exactly same.
2. OF COURSE ! Neglect sounds near 'fun' compared to torture and strangulations !
3. No - M.O. of home is 'Don't Ever Tell', plus (lol) 'It Didn't Happen in the first place (lol) !'
4. The sexism in home was stunning: Male children exaulted, 'given every opportunity', praised, etc. The female kids: POTrash, 'to be kicked', 'be servants' in the household and more. It was insane !
5. It (lol) 'stops': When they die or something like that (lol)....

I guess I was comparing it to some of what the Turpin kids went through. When you say you were neglected, did you go to school dirty and hungry?

I would assume the abuse would stop when you became an older teen or adult and left on your own, is that what happened?

I wonder the LE officers get a tiny bit of pleasure fastening the chains around the wrists of DT and LT???? I think I would ratchet them extra tight just so they feel them on there.

If delusional Louise was successful in getting her "reality show", do you think they would buy a tv?

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/dl/dl_info#two500 are the requirements. After they moved to California and became residents, within 10 days the adults would have had to go to the DMV to get licensed. That would have been in 2010. In order to pass the written test, it is difficult to pass without taking a series of online tests. Even with classroom instruction, it is not easy to pass. California does not make it easy to pass the written knowledge test. If someone turns 18, then there is still a requirement to be accompanied with a licensed driver when the 18 year old has a learner's permit.

If one of the kids or adults in captivity did have a license, I will be somewhat surprised because it was the 17 year old that escaped. Also on the license you have to put your height and weight on the application and that appears on your license. I would be interested to see if the investigators find any licenses for any of the captives. If anyone was allowed out, I would think it would be the older boy who was the community college student, but all reports so far say the mother drove him back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mhmkay..