CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I stated "headlines". Most people don't bother with the article. Regardless, what point was there in mentioning she smiled (at her lawyer once before the judge read his order)? Of course it would be downright diabolical had she smiled at the judge. There is no point other than to sensationalize a narrative that is horrible enough on its face. Most of the MSM refrained, to their credit.

View attachment 129234

And smiling doesn't always mean happy or as suggested here in these threads she had hots for him. Sometimes it's how people act when nervous. Or just an acknowledgement, which I will give benefit if doubt as that being in those instances in those 2 hearings. I see a Gag Order Motion coming. The case deserves it. Jmho

When this photo was brought to the fore it was specifically stated that they stopped at this place on the way to her Huntsville liaison.

Do you have a link? I would love to see the article attached to the picture.

If delusional Louise was successful in getting her "reality show", do you think they would buy a tv?

IDK about the chains, but I have been told many times handcuffs hurt.

Do you have a link? I would love to see the article attached to the picture.

No. It is in the thread (which thread). I will try to find it. It may take a little while.

And smiling doesn't always mean happy or as suggested here in these threads she had hots for him. Sometimes it's how people act when nervous. Or just an acknowledgement, which I will give benefit if doubt as that being in those instances in those 2 hearings. I see a Gag Order Motion coming. The case deserves it. Jmho

OMG. I am all for being fair, but that is giving her too much credit.
Eta
I am really not trying to be rude, but look at her eyes. This is why I say this.

If delusional Louise was successful in getting her "reality show", do you think they would buy a tv?

If there was no tv in the home, how did Louise know about the reality tv shows?
If there was no tv in the home, why did they supposedly have a video store supply of movies?
I can't help but wonder if the no tv in the home period was when the Turpins were trying to follow a strict religious atmosphere in the home, but not later. The sister says Louise claimed to give up the church and all the trappings - so maybe at that time, they brought in all the movies and possibly a tv to watch them.

Just wondering....

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/dl/dl_info#two500 are the requirements. After they moved to California and became residents, within 10 days the adults would have had to go to the DMV to get licensed. That would have been in 2010. In order to pass the written test, it is difficult to pass without taking a series of online tests. Even with classroom instruction, it is not easy to pass. California does not make it easy to pass the written knowledge test. If someone turns 18, then there is still a requirement to be accompanied with a licensed driver when the 18 year old has a learner's permit.

If one of the kids or adults in captivity did have a license, I will be somewhat surprised because it was the 17 year old that escaped. Also on the license you have to put your height and weight on the application and that appears on your license. I would be interested to see if the investigators find any licenses for any of the captives. If anyone was allowed out, I would think it would be the older boy who was the community college student, but all reports so far say the mother drove him back and forth.
I believe they would have only had to go to DMV within 10 days if they were attempting to renew their current license in that state. An adult without a license would not be required to do this.

We don't know if she had a license.

We don't know when she got a license if she did have one - it could have been recently.

When I did a Google search about any perceived difficulty of the test, I found a person complaining they had not passed it, and a bunch of others replying that it was easy, or even too easy.

It would have been simple for LT to get sample exams from the DMV, online or at the facility, for her to practice.

I do not believe any of this would have been too difficult. But I don't know that it matters much to the case, either.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If there was no tv in the home, why did they supposedly have a video store supply of movies?
I can't help but wonder if the no tv in the home period was when the Turpins were trying to follow a strict religious atmosphere in the home, but not later. The sister says Louise claimed to give up the church and all the trappings - so maybe at that time, they brought in all the movies and possibly a tv to watch them.

Just wondering....
There was a TV in the home, but the kids were not allowed to watch it.

If the neighbor was correct and he/she actually saw one of the older girls driving into and out of the Turpin driveway, either she had a drivers license or not. If so, she had to be able to read and pass the drivers test and know the basic driving laws, which would mean that she spent time outside of the home, being taught, and is licensed by the state. If not licensed, the Turpins were taking one hell of a risk of her getting stopped by the police and possibly ratting them out, or being involved in an accident or just escaping and driving To the police. In either case, the driver girl would certainly know what a police officer is. JMO Also, it seems more logical to me that they would let the college class son be a driver.....but then nothing about them is logical

Whether the daughter had a dl or not to be driving they had to know something about it. Because of another neighbor saying LT saying when took kids to Vegas when 21 kept being asked for ID, which matches up for ages if dates if 3 kids (one turning 21 in 17 days from 2015 renewal video date one 22 and one turned 21 in Feb of year sent in 2013) jmho I believe they have some sort ID. By now should be known if they have. I have to look but for some reason I thinking I read -DT still had Texas address on his. Rumor unless I find link. IF he did possible if kids have one at least older ones could be Texas too and not show up in CA database. Jmho

ETA Found link
Posted UPDATED: JAN 16 2018 09:47PM CST
Public records indicate the Turpins spent most of their married life in North Texas. They lived in Fort Worth, Johnson County and as recently as 2010 in a rural part of Hill County near Rio Vista.

Authorities say David and Louise Turpin still carry Texas driver’s licenses with addresses for a house just south of Rio Vista. http://www.fox4news.com/news/couple-accused-of-chaining-up-13-children-lived-in-north-texas

IDK about the chains, but I have been told many times handcuffs hurt.

Me too - When my SIL was arrested, she asked the police officer to put something on them so they didn't ratchet down.

Just wondering....

Where does they didn't own a TV come from (I know you're quoting)? I think the parents had one all along.

Also, I think some of their family members were/are very religious. But, IDK if they ever really were.

Right. LE said that some did not seem to understand what a police officer was. This was the oldest who had been to school through at least third grade.

“Many of the children didn't know what a police officer was” Hester said

I see your point, this would indicate "many" of the six children, not the adults.

Seems to me that anyone who is deriving pleasure from the idea of or actual infliction of physical pain on the Turpins, is exercising the same perversion as they did, with their own children. We are a country of laws, the purpose of which is to protect ALL of us from each other's excessive greed, cruelty, revenge, recklessness, etc.

Just wondering....

I think we can assume there was a TV at least somewhere in the house, but the captives were not allowed to watch it. As a former model, it probably was pre-wired for Cable TV in the "great room" where the TV is placed in the photos. The captives were locked in bedrooms in small groups thus probably were not allowed in the great room probably, except in limited circumstances.

It is also open during day as a tourist attraction. I have photos of my kids on the same bull. Same thing with many others in that area of FT Worth Stockyards Same town they lived in and same town not far from where they moved. Without knowing anything about this other than a photo, is irresponsible to assume. Jmho

Mystery solved! Thank goodness.

Where does they didn't own a TV come from (I know you're quoting)? I think the parents had one all along.

Also, I think some of their family members were/are very religious. But, IDK if they ever really were.

I had read where the grandparents said the kids were forced to memorize chapters of the Bible - and some of them had to memorize the whole book. From that, I assumed they were overboard on their religiosity.

Seems to me that anyone who is deriving pleasure from the idea of or actual infliction of physical pain on the Turpins, is exercising the same perversion as they did, with their own children. We are a country of laws, the purpose of which is to protect ALL of us from each other's excessive greed, cruelty, revenge, recklessness, etc.

Yes, agreed.

“Many of the children didn't know what a police officer was” Hester said

I see your point, this would indicate "many" of the six children, not the adults.
In this thread, it's been turned into none of them knowing what a police officer was. In this thread, people seem to be losing sight of the fact that there are 13 kids, that some initially went to public school and even played outside years ago, that there are necessarily variations on the types of knowledge and life experiences each had, that they were separated at times within the house and so could not impart every bit of knowledge they had to one another (and it's not like they had a checklist for things to teach each other about, like what a cop is), and that even if their book knowledge was all the same (and again, ages range from 2 to 29, so it won't be), there are always differences in intellectual ability between siblings. Some may have actual intellectual disabilities, and others may have genius IQ levels, for all we know.

Every time someone finds a bit of evidence that seems to go against them being completely lacking in knowledge, someone goes, "Aha! See!?! They DID know." And it's just frustrating because they're trying to lump all these kids together, from 2 to 29, having the exact same knowledge limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members