CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it all depends on their physical and mental condition, but based on what we've had implied:

If it were up to me, we would start with some slow and pleasantly scenic drives, maybe through quaint small towns, and not-too-dense forested areas. Up to the mountains to play in a patch of snow. Maybe to the beach, though the vastness of the ocean and the water-land transition can be philosophically scary (or is that just me :D ), so only when they're ready for that.

Once everyone is physically able, whether on foot or in strollers/wheelchairs, we'd go for walks. Just plain walks, leisurely, with time to stop and investigate rocks and trees and bugs and look at the sky and watch the clouds. Someplace not crowded but not isolated, some nice nature trail or again a quaint small town.

At home we would use the ipads to play games that improve eye-hand coordination (hey, candy crush is educational!) and work on reading skills, and look up things like how to build a birdhouse, and then go buy the supplies and come home and build a birdhouse.

Plus learning what is good to eat, and how much, and how to cook!

And bubble baths!

ETA: I forgot kittens! Puppies later, but first, kittens!

Except the name. They may not want to use it and it could be confused as either support for the parents, or at least grouping the family together with the parents. We have to remember that historically (as well as the "now" undercurrents) women and children take the husband's and father's name to signify belonging to him. It was literally that they were his property. Now it still signifies belonging to the parents.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes, and married women would even sign "Mrs. John Smith", as if they were not real persons :maddening:

I do hope they will discard both Turpin and Robinette.

Hi everybody. I'm new to WS and this is my first post in a forum, so please be patient if I am a bit basic.

I have read so much about this case, but still feel like I am catching up. Being in Australia, I have a sneaky feeling that we are not necessarily getting the full story in our media coverage, and it is very difficult to find good links amongst all the rubbish online. I am very happy to have found this forum. Although I haven’t been able to read everything here, I feel like I am catching up. Thank you.

Could I ask a couple of things that are on my mind? (Apologies in advance as I am sure these may have been answered elsewhere):

Is there a floor plan / layout of the house in Perris anywhere? I am struggling to understand how the home was actually put together. eg where the bedrooms were.

The years gap between the penultimate survivor (#12) and the baby (#13) bothers me. I don’t subscribe to the idea that the baby is not biologically LTs child, but I wonder why there were no conceptions / births in between. The possibility of a baby / infant who deceased in between is quite strong - and might have provided the impetus for the eventual escape - eg the older siblings worrying what might happen to #13 as she grew out of the "honeymoon" stage of baby cuteness.

In all the pictures I have seen, the eldest female survivor (#1) and second eldest male survivor (#4) appear the most frail - #4 in particular. At times he looks unable to lift his arms and legs easily, and holds his head at strange angles. I wonder if he has some sort of neurological condition (eg Multiple Sclerosis or similar – probably in my thoughts as my son has MS) or if this is inflicted neurological harm due to the abuse.

The picture where the survivors are in different tshirts also plays on my mind. I don’t have the link but I saw it here. I think (but hard to tell) the shirts are all Disney characters - Aristocats, Lady and The Tramp, Toy Story, ?One of the teeny shows about a band - and one of the boys is (I think) wearing a Darth Maul shirt from Star Wars.

Given the fixation on dressing everyone alike it seems unusual to have a range of different shirts - implying they may have been gifted. The photo is clearly in the home, and everyone is barefoot. The pants are obviously new (or at least really well laundered and not that old) - but they dont fit. I think a bulk buy from an outlet store where maybe only one or two sizes were available, as a quick fix to allow a "thank you" photos to be sent to the gifter. Notice also that the three boys are at the back - meaning you cant see their legs (?to hide the fact that they are in pink pants - or maybe dressed in old/dirty/unsuitable clothing)

Just a few thoughts. Thanks for reading.
I have been curious about the gap in years between #12 and #13. #12 was 4 or so when they moved to CA. We don't have group photos before that. #13 was born about 6 yrs later. There are several pictures from those years in which LT does not appear to be pregnant. So I think the only possibility could be miscarriages and maybe it became harder for her to conceive after age 40.

Except the name. They may not want to use it and it could be confused as either support for the parents, or at least grouping the family together with the parents. We have to remember that historically (as well as the "now" undercurrents) women and children take the husband's and father's name to signify belonging to him. It was literally that they were his property. Now it still signifies belonging to the parents.

I'm with you, I hope they change their names to help disassociate.

I don't think that they can force the adults to do anything they don't want. Special needs or not, at age 18, unless they've committed a crime, they're free to walk right out that door. The state might appoint someone over any funds that the siblings may receive/have, but that's pretty much it, I think.

They can be legally made “Wards of the State” at any age.

https://www.buzzle.com/articles/what-does-a-ward-of-the-state-mean.html
[FONT=&amp]Apart from kids and elderly, people of any age can be made wards of the state, if they are deemed legally incompetent to conduct their affairs.

[/FONT]
https://legalbeagle.com/8716910-adult-ward-state.html
Types

Most states allow both voluntary and involuntary guardianships. Adults who are mentally competent but incapable of handling their estates independently may ask for voluntary guardianships. Involuntary guardianships are based on adjudication of incompetence by the court, which means that the ward of the state has no say in the appointment of a guardian

http://family.findlaw.com/guardianship/guardianship-of-incapacitated-or-disabled-persons.html
Guardianships are limited as much as is reasonable in order to allow wards to exercise as much control over their lives as possible while maintaining as much dignity and self-reliance as possible. The desires of the wards are given primary consideration. Also, wards are allowed to do as much of their own caregiving as is physically and mentally possible.
Guardians are granted only those powers necessary to accomplish for the ward what the ward cannot accomplish independently. These powers may include: ....

I think he was an electrical engineer. I also wonder if he has gone through periods of unemployment.

No link available right now, but everything I have read refers to him as a “computer engineer”

Ah, yes. I already replied, but I would add animals in the mix. I'd allow them to hang out at a petting zoo for as long as they wanted.

Hopefully they have their dogs being fostered until they can take them back

Things were moving too fast and life got in the way, so I had to skip a few threads. So I apologize if this has already been discussed. If it has, please just let me know and/or ignore!

I've now found myself paying extra attention to the children's wrists in photos, and that drew my attention to something that looks odd to me in the "Thing 1, Thing 2, Etc." photo. I'm not good at detecting photoshopped pictures, so I'd like to know what others think.

Who's hand is this?

e934c9bcc899464e9f7b07d1cd78715e.png

I'm cautious of derailing the thread with this (Libby and Abby's thread, anyone?), but I think it could be important. If someone in the family was good at photo editing, then I think that would be important to know when looking at their other photos for signs of injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw that too! But things go so fast I forgot. Yes to everything you said. He is #4, and it’s gone. I also saw these two things. I edited your picture with two yellow circles. He and Jessica (#3) are shoulder to shoulder with no room for any arms between them. I don’t think that is natural. Looks photoshopped to me. Also the circle I drew by #4’s stomach is not natural. It’s weird. As if the stomach isn’t there. The shirt is gathered in... can’t describe it accurately... but his body should be there and it’s not.

f1dadf7570cd9da14f69e301c689e7d1.jpg

The hospital staffs, (the kids are being treated at two different medical centers.) in their communications thought it would be fun for the kids to have an iPad. If you could be fun stuff for the kids, what would you give them? Or expose them to fun stuff? What do you think that they would like? Now this assumes that they have the essential needs of life first like clean clothes, clean facilities, comfortable beds, and and can get comfortable with hygiene and personal grooming skills.

In other words, if you could be with the Turpin kids for a day, what would you give them? Fun places you would take them? So many things! First of all I would ask them, what they wanted to do that would be fun and special for them? Since they were deprived of food, I would bring fast food for them. So that they could eat hamburgers, pizza, and tacos. Stuff that they never in there lives. I think it is going to be so exciting for them to see a new world that they have never known! I think that the kids would really love a laptop computer! And we know that they were allowed to write. I think that they would enjoy expressing themselves.

Most importantly, I would be there as a good listener and friend to help them and guide them through the life they never had.

Satch

Love and space

I saw that too! But things go so fast I forgot. Yes to everything you said. He is #4, and it’s gone. I also saw these two things. I edited your picture with two yellow circles. He and Jessica (#3) are shoulder to shoulder with no room for any arms between them. I don’t think that is natural. Looks photoshopped to me. Also the circle I drew by #4’s stomach is not natural. It’s weird. As if the stomach isn’t there. The shirt is gathered in... can’t describe it accurately... but his body should be there and it’s not.

f1dadf7570cd9da14f69e301c689e7d1.jpg

When I answered this earlier I said survivor 12's hand was under 10's hair, but I was looking at a cropped pic someone put up for emphasis and didn't see S-12's arm beside her. This is just odd. You can see it is a small hand and part of the arm is behind the longer arm draped over S-10. Just weird.

I have stared and stared at the floor in this picture, and I see Disney characters on the floor...enlarge and if you look carefully (top of princess' head toward large window), you will see them, a lot of them. Was this a blanket or a large rug? If anything looks like poop it is what's on top of it.
Looks like the remains of rubber backed carpet to me.

‘I Know My Sister Was Strange’ Says Sister Of Accused Child Abuser Louise Turpin

Elizabeth says once Louise left home at 16 to be with David, she noticed what she calls her sister’s strange behavior. Elizabeth claims Louise didn’t want to talk to her siblings or parents, and then in her 40s, she started to party like a teenager and bragged about having sex with a man other than her husband.
“She had blocked me and one of my other siblings off of Facebook,” Elizabeth says. “I haven’t talked to her on the phone for two years.”

VIDEO
https://www.drphil.com/videos/i-kno...sister-of-accused-child-abuser-louise-turpin/

I think flooding would be more like roof leaking, or water seeping in on floors. Which wouldn't leave a water line on the walls. But would still cause a lot of damage.

That hardwood floor isn't warped in any way a flood would create. If there were a flood, you wouldn't be able to walk over that floor without twisting your ankle. It takes much less than a flood to destroy hardwood.

I am so heartbroken and troubled for these 13 young people. Like everyone here, I wish that they find peace and happiness in their new lives of freedom.

I am not trying to defend the parents by any stretch of the imagination with what I am about to say. I just keep thinking about this, and I am wondering if any of you might have thought the same way. Something that troubles me about this case is the extreme disparity between the photos of the smiling parents in their vacation photos and their alleged actions. Now, I am not focusing on the children or on the children's weights when I mention the photos. Instead, I am talking about the facial expressions of the parents. In the Disney photos and Las Vegas photos, the parents' demeanor and faces seem to express a sort of guileless joy--a pure happiness and love of life. I am astounded when I contrast these images to the images of their filthy homes and read about what they are charged with doing. I always thought that a person's face could reveal a kind or mean heart. These photographs have challenged some of my core beliefs. If I had encountered these parents at Disney, I do not think I would have ever in a million years suspected they were capable of torturing their children. It scares me that such darkness can be hidden. Just heartbreaking....

I feel so terribly for these young people. May the universe bring them love and joy.

A previous poster mentioned the case of David Pelzer who wrote a compendium of his abuse at the hands of his mother. It stretches credibility for various reasons but seems to have strong similarities to this case. He never gets into the whys or how's but others have speculated that his mother was BPD. I suspect that he is also, though to a lesser extent. His mother was very charming to the public but irrational terror at home. His father was completely cowed in the face of it all.

Thanks for this!

Question the picture in the far left corner of the first link does not look like the current house: How come?

http://ifp.blufishdesign.com/ifp/plan.php?plan=34:00425444-150.2367 Also, why does the house interior look so clean here?

http://fusion.realtourvision.com/m/ios-viewer.php?tourid=70634&id=1178147

I think that I might be looking at the wrong house or something. I was expecting the horrible pictures that we saw in the media.

Satch

The far left corner of the blueprint drawing shows a fireplace option that is not in the model.

The house interior is what the model home (it is the one with the blue decorations) looked like prior to the Turpins moving in. It was a model home in a KB Homes development. The sales office was in the garage and the model was all decked out with options. This was years before the Turpins moved in. So far I have not seen what it looks like inside since the arrest.

No link available right now, but everything I have read refers to him as a “computer engineer”

He graduated with an Electrical Engineering degree in 1984 from Virginia Tech. He didn't graduate with a degree in Computer Science. He graduated from high school in 1979 so that means he probably was at Tech for 5 years (not sure why). It is hard to say what his actual job is though because there doesn't appear to be anything on the internet about his background in terms of employment that I can find other than the bankruptcy documents.

He graduated with an Electrical Engineering degree in 1984 from Virginia Tech. He didn't graduate with a degree in Computer Science. He graduated from high school in 1979 so that means he probably was at Tech for 5 years (not sure why). It is hard to say what his actual job is though because there doesn't appear to be anything on the internet about his background in terms of employment that I can find other than the bankruptcy documents.
"James and Betty Turpin, his parents, still live in the Princeton area. They told*ABC News*that David Turpin became a computer engineer after graduating from Virginia Tech."

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/news...cle_23cf58c6-fc76-11e7-a919-5717fff88d0a.html

ETA

"They said David Turpin was a computer engineer who had graduated from Virginia Tech and had previously worked for General Dynamics in Texas."

http://abc7.com/grandparents-say-god-called-on-perris-couple-to-have-so-many-children/2950254/

Years ago, there was a boy in the news who had been starved by his parents or foster parents (can't remember for sure).
Over the years, he had learned to regurgitate, and throw up into his mouth to have something to swallow. After he was rescued from that living hell, the new family he went to live with said that even though he had food available to him, and was going through therapy, he was still throwing up to eat it instead of reaching for food.
This is a dark secret of why many people who have had an insecure supply of food have teeth that have completely rotted out. Worse than just missing a toothbrush would cause.

"He obtained a bachelor’s degree in electrical and computer engineering from Virginia Tech in 1984" Link

I respect your expertise but it seems a bit large and high on the wall to be drawn by a young child to me. I've drawn little sketches for kids and I don't worry about putting 5 fingers on them. I don't think these same concepts apply to adult drawings since adults can understand making something just representative. So isn't it possible it could have been drawn by one of the teens or adults especially considering how high it is?

I am not sure why this keeps coming up.
It is pretty easy to figure out how a child could draw that high. They could have stood on a bed or a chair or any object.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youngluteplayer