CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt it. I think the texts with the mosque guy are a red herring here, they're the type of thing that's bound to look suspicious at first glance given the nature of the crime, but looked at close up the suspicion dissolves. They were sent over the course of 16 days, during which the mosque guy was trying to arrange who brought what to the muslim equivalent of a Christmas party, or New Year's party.

I think mosque guy is being falsely implicated here. Look to the money order and the internet connections would be my gut feeling. The poor guy at the local mosque is probably torn between horror at what one of his congregation has just done, and fear that he's about to be shipped off to Guantanamo Bay.

Half joking, half not. Had a friend who was hired by a prosecutor to translate taped phone convos between two Russian mobsters. They used letters like ABCD to discuss "shipments" and such of drugs, money, etc., or so that was what the prosecutor said. The mobsters CLAIMED that one of them was having problems with his son not being a good student, and they were discussing his grades!

Its odd on their part, I don't think you can impart guilt to Mosque Guy for their odd behaviour.

True but raising suspicion and saying someone is guilty without an investigation are not the same thing.

The 50's was no bed of roses for everyone, I can remember that far back. There were lots of problems just different ones. If you were white you didn't need to worry about terrorists any other color and you were on your own. Native American children were ripped from their homes and shipped off to boarding schools, blacks were lynched, on and on. Heaven forbid if you were different in any way.

Women and children could be groped and assaulted with relative impunity -- domestic assault and rape was far more common; women had few career options outside of 'housewife' and limited educational opportunities (not that anything is wrong with being a homemaker, but one should have a choice). Buses and restaurants could be segregated. People were ill-informed about things going on around them. The police were, in some ways, even more likely to treat people unequally than they are now. Poor kids were more likely to be drafted...the list goes on and on. Anyone who has deep nostalgia for those days had either a lucky hand of cards, or they now have very selective vision or memory.

Its odd on their part, I don't think you can impart guilt to Mosque Guy for their odd behaviour.

There's too much left here hanging.... Grandma.... I assume TM's parents are back in Pakistan.
Why did Grandma sell her condo to live with her newly married son. Who's wife she's hardly met. To live in a small RENTAL that's barely bit enough for a family of 3.
And why not live with her other son/daughter
Why all that cash in SF bank. Their living in a Rental doesn't equate with the money he has. They looked to live a modest life. No one knew he was making/stashing pipe bombs.
Didn't see the haul of guns n ammo.
They got dressed in combat/ tactical gear n Granny said/did nothing?
Sorry don't buy it one bit
This is not just 2 people.... This is bigger.

Half joking, half not. Had a friend who was hired by a prosecutor to translate taped phone convos between two Russian mobsters. They used letters like ABCD to discuss "shipments" and such of drugs, money, etc., or so that was what the prosecutor said. The mobsters CLAIMED that one of them was having problems with his son not being a good student, and they were discussing his grades!

Sure, I know the type of thing you mean, and yes its certainly possible but I doubt it. If you go back to the first thread on this shooting, I was one of several posters who called it as an Islamist attack before that was official and found myself faced with some very well meaning posters arguing against what they perceived as Islamophobia on my part. My gut feeling right from the start was that this was an Islamic extremist attack in motivation, and self radicalisation in terms of the nature of it.

That's what this has all the hallmarks of, and I've seen nothing yet to change my initial opinion, apart from the fact that I originally thought they had both self-radicalised over the internet, whereas now I think possibly the wife radicalised the husband. The guy at the local mosque is a red herring IMO, if he'd been preaching anything that would lend itself to terrorism he would have been known about before they found any text exchanges between himself and this couple.

True but raising suspicion and saying someone is guilty without an investigation are not the same thing.

I'm still catching up with the thread. Who is the "Mosque Guy"? Has he been named a POI by LE? Why is he being discussed?

There's too much left here hanging.... Grandma.... I assume TM's parents are back in Pakistan.
Why did Grandma sell her condo to live with her newly married son. Who's wife she's hardly met. To live in a small RENTAL that's barely bit enough for a family of 3.
And why not live with her other son/daughter
Why all that cash in SF bank. Their living in a Rental doesn't equate with the money he has. They looked to live a modest life. No one knew he was making/stashing pipe bombs.
Didn't see the haul of guns n ammo.
They got dressed in combat/ tactical gear n Granny said/did nothing?
Sorry don't buy it one bit
This is not just 2 people.... This is bigger.

Its certainly bigger than two people. I suspect the wife was indoctrinated before she even showed up in America, and she then in turn indoctrinated her new husband. I've no opinion on whether or not granny is suspicious at this stage, I don't know enough about her.

But I would definitely be willing to bet good money that local mosque guy with his texts about chicken is an innocent red herring.

Women and children could be groped and assaulted with relative impunity -- domestic assault and rape was far more common; women had few career options outside of 'housewife' and limited educational opportunities (not that anything is wrong with being a homemaker, but one should have a choice). Buses and restaurants could be segregated. People were ill-informed about things going on around them. The police were, in some ways, even more likely to treat people unequally than they are now. Poor kids were more likely to be drafted...the list goes on and on. Anyone who has deep nostalgia for those days had either a lucky hand of cards, or they now have very selective vision or memory.

You make a good point about how US women were more oppressed in the 50's and I agree, They were.

The irony is how Fasheem Malik essentially declared war in this mass shooting in HER effort to further the agenda and the ideals of ISIS.

I can't imagine women being more oppressed than they would be under ISIS.

I'm still catching up with the thread. Who is the "Mosque Guy"? Has he been named a POI by LE? Why is he being discussed?

I don't have his name.

Someone reported in an earlier posts that some text messages between Farook and one of the leaders at a Mosque in California is being investigated.

Ya know that would not surprise me. But why make all these plans about a meal. Bit not turn up. Ramadan is a very holy time for Muslims... don't add up. Just like the whole damn shaboodle don't add up. Imo
If this was in June, wouldn't she have been at full term with her pregnancy? Seems like it if the baby is 6 months old. Not defending this woman, but she may have even given birth around the same time. I haven't found the babies DOB. It could be that simple. ?

oh me too when someone posted that she sold the condo in May - i wish i could find the peice on the day so many boxes came was it after may when grandma financed the beginning of this

how old is she and from where goggled out !!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...party-slaughtered-14-leaving-baby-mother.html

The family’s lawyers also revealed for the first time that Farook's mother Rafia, 62, was held for questioning in the wake of the mass shooting after cops pulled her over in one of her other son's SUVs.

She was released without charge the next day but the vehicle is still in the hands of law enforcement officials, they said.

The Farook family, including his father Syed, 66, older brother Syed Raheel, and sisters Eba, 24, Saira, 32, and her husband Farhan Khan, 41, spent several hours talking to FBI agents on Thursday.

That would work with the 2011, 2012 purchase of guns IMO.

When did they meet? I thought it was later than 2011. Maybe he was radicalized here and went there to get a partner who was already ready to fight.

What are you looking for in a spouse? *Walks on the beach *Opera *Movies *Suicide jihad

Its certainly bigger than two people. I suspect the wife was indoctrinated before she even showed up in America, and she then in turn indoctrinated her new husband. I've no opinion on whether or not granny is suspicious at this stage, I don't know enough about her.

But I would definitely be willing to bet good money that local mosque guy with his texts about chicken is an innocent red herring.

Yup for sure. So let's hope that the FBI and the Counter terrorism Unit have got some good hackers and cyber analysing techno geeks. Cuz if they can resurrect data from those trashed devices. They'll have their answers. And you can't tell me it can't be done. Becuz I know it can.
And yes. The Mosque Cleric is probably a red herring. But is he a red herring put in place to throw LE off the track?

38 texts about chicken recipes? Maybe they were speaking in code.

They were 38 texts spread across 16 days about the arrangements at the local mosque for Eid celebrations, which is just about the biggest day in the muslim calendar. They weren't speaking in code. If they wanted to speak about anything criminal, or otherwise secret, they would have done it in person.

Mosque Guy probably exchanged as many or more texts with many other members of his congregation over the same time period.

If this was in June, wouldn't she have been at full term with her pregnancy? Seems like it if the baby is 6 months old. Not defending this woman, but she may have even given birth around the same time. I haven't found the babies DOB. It could be that simple. ?

Born in May but still could be the reason they didn't attend IMO. A lot of information here.

The couple's daughter was born in May, according to records.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...terrorism-probe-continues-20151205-story.html

Ramadan usually takes place in July/August for one month.
I'm not sure of the baby's DOB. but then if it was an issue for not attending the Ramadan fast. It would of only been polite to of made excuses. As they were texting each other quite frequently.

Yup for sure. So let's hope that the FBI and the Counter terrorism Unit have got some good hackers and cyber analysing techno geeks. Cuz if they can resurrect data from those trashed devices. They'll have their answers. And you can't tell me it can't be done. Becuz I know it can.
And yes. The Mosque Cleric is probably a red herring. But is he a red herring put in place to throw LE off the track?

Possibly. Inculcating an "us vs them" mentality among muslims is an essential part of Islamic extremism - gives them more foot soldiers. So yes, its possible the text exchange was deliberately prolonged by Farook in the hope that the leader of his local mosque would be arrested, or worse.

It could also just be coincidence that they had this text exchange and then it obviously has to be looked into by the FBI in the aftermath of an attack of this nature.

Ramadan usually takes place in July/August for one month.
I'm not sure of the baby's DOB. but then if it was an issue for not attending the Ramadan fast. It would of only been polite to of made excuses. As they were texting each other quite frequently.

It began in June this year.

The baby might have been a legitimate excuse, but I think they were just not interested in attending, and didn't care about being polite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glitterbag