CA - 4 Family Members Kidnapped From Business, Merced County, Oct 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
why didn't anyone put up a fight? try to run away. looked like she was with the baby for a bit alone why didn't she try to run? just strange for one guy to get all of them to comply so well. Probably knew him

why didn't anyone put up a fight? try to run away. looked like she was with the baby for a bit alone why didn't she try to run? just strange for one guy to get all of them to comply so well. Probably knew him
First guess, from what we see, they had a gun pointing to them and the two men were zip tied . As a mother, I wouldn’t react either,as I’m trying to keep my baby alive! I think a loaded gun would out run them if they tried to flee. I think she’s tied up inside when he leaves.

I think they were hoping all of them could survive this if they complied - when in reality, some would likely die and some would survive this assault had they resisted.

What we've been told over and over and over, is don't willingly get into a car with a kidnapper. Even if you have a gun pointed at you. Make him kill you right there on the spot, if he's going to - and he's not likely going to do that.

The others he attempted to kidnap, refused, and lived to tell the tale.

I don't know what's happened to this beautiful family, but a lesson to take from here is that, again, don't go willingly into a car with a kidnapper. Make him kill you in public.

It's weird because he leaves her to finish getting in the truck and she closes the door herself as he is walking to the driver's side. At least that's what I think I'm seeing. Starts at about 6 minutes here

It's weird because he leaves her to finish getting in the truck and she closes the door herself as he is walking to the driver's side. At least that's what I think I'm seeing. Starts at about 6 minutes here

Yup. I see the same thing. She closes the door as he walks to the driver's side.

So leaving her with the door to the building open while he dealt with the 2 men as well as this truck door thing has pinged my hinky meter.
I think it's possible that she was restrained when he left, and he cut them off to allow her to walk to the truck. He'd allow her to get inside because it's not like she would get far with the baby, and perhaps he threatened to kill the other two if she ran.

I get where some of you are coming from, I won't lie, I too have been asking myself the same questions, right down to the approx 5-6 minutes she was left alone. What we don't know is what happened inside. We don't know if she was tied up/locked up etc. I also have no clue why one of the victims went out to talk/greet him and while bringing him inside the victim seemed to have no care in the world and actually jogged up to the door way before Saldago did. Has Saldago been there before, did the victim think he was doing something nice ( giving cans etc) have they met before. This whole thing is so very sad and I'm so concerned for this family. It's actually shocking how little time it takes to commit such an event. So very sad and all IMO.

I found it odd in the video that LE released that showed the perp walking up the ramp to the office behind one of the victims, and the perp was carrying the white garbage bag in his right hand, but then he took the gun out of his left pocket with his left hand, dropped the garbage bag and transferred the gun to his right hand, if I saw this correctly. Perhaps because the garbage bag was heavy due to collecting glass bottles or cans? I just found that odd. But probably not very important,

My random thought is both men could be seen holding their phones in their hands in the video. So maybe it was their phones? When your constantly in contact with your phone (especially for work.) instinct is just putting it back in your pocket. If that’s the case hopefully they are able to open apps and use them for tracking.
I think you can get an SOS on an iphone with a certain combination of buttons. You might be able to do that even with handcuffs on.
Did they have iphones?

A moment later:
I am correct. Here are Apple's instrux, in case anyone here finds themselves being kidnapped. You can also make an AppleWatch dial 911, even without a cell account, if your iphone is nearby. You can also get Siri to do it for you (this would have required a voice, though, and our victims here might have had to be silent at all times). If you have an Apple Watch, and you've set it for fall detection, you could "accidentally" trip while being hustled to a car, and it would automatically call 911 if you don't respond. Responders would get your GPS location.

Last edited:
I think you can get an SOS on an iphone with a certain combination of buttons. You might be able to do that even with handcuffs on.
Did they have iphones?
I think you can program an android phone to call 911 also with a certain combination of buttons. But I'm guessing they couldn't access their phones with their hands tied up, and if it would be too obvious, they might have been too nervous to try.

And we never see the white trashbag again, right? I wonder what it contained when he dropped it while he was walking behind the male victim to the office?

Just catching up. Do I understand correctly that JS left with Jasdeep & Amandeep for six minutes and came back for Jasleen and the baby? Were Jasdeep & Amandeep still in the truck? Where did he go for such a short period of time and why? Were the men transferred to another location?

I was surprised Jasleen was not restrained when she walked out? Did he tell her he would kill the men if she called 911 or tried to leave? My God this whole thing is so chilling and frightening. The busy highway right there, all the vehicles driving by - people had no idea what was happening literally feet away.

Last, was the dog tied up? I saw it barked, but it's tail was also wagging and it never moved from position.

My heart is breaking for the family members left waiting for news.

I found it odd in the video that LE released that showed the perp walking up the ramp to the office behind one of the victims, and the perp was carrying the white garbage bag in his right hand, but then he took the gun out of his left pocket with his left hand, dropped the garbage bag and transferred the gun to his right hand, if I saw this correctly. Perhaps because the garbage bag was heavy due to collecting glass bottles or cans? I just found that odd. But probably not very important,
Was Jasdeep going inside to bring some recyclables out to him? His kindness cost them their lives ... I only want this man to live long enough to tell where the family is located. He can suffer greatly after that!

I think you can program an android phone to call 911 also with a certain combination of buttons. But I'm guessing they couldn't access their phones with their hands tied up, and if it would be too obvious, they might have been too nervous to try.
I am liking my idea of falling over on purpose. Guess I'll have to set my fall detection (which was the whole purpose of the AppleWatch when I got it a year ago...)

This is going to give me nightmares.

Just catching up. Do I understand correctly that JS left with Jasdeep & Amandeep for six minutes and came back for Jasleen and the baby? Were Jasdeep & Amandeep still in the truck? Where did he go for such a short period of time and why? Were the men transferred to another location?

I was surprised Jasleen was not restrained when she walked out? Did he tell her he would kill the men if she called 911 or tried to leave? My God this whole thing is so chilling and frightening. The busy highway right there, all the vehicles driving by - people had no idea what was happening literally feet away.

Last, was the dog tied up? I saw it barked, but it's tail was also wagging and it never moved from position.

My heart is breaking for the family members left waiting for news.
She wouldn't have been able to hold the baby if she was restrained, and he doesn't look like the kind of guy who's into holding babies he's kidnapping.

Was Jasdeep going inside to bring some recyclables out to him? His kindness cost them their lives ... I only want this man to live long enough to tell where the family is located. He can suffer greatly after that!
I don't think we know why Jasdeep was going inside, but a member of the victims' family gave an interview and said he thought that was probably the case, and that Jasdeep may also have offered him some juice as well, based on his knowledge of his relative and his thoughts after watching the video.

I wonder if the perp was really collecting tin cans and things to recycle with his white garbage bag, but if so, did he do this regularly with a gun in his pocket? Or did he pose as a person who was collecting recyclable items but was looking for a victim or victims that morning, or did he target this family business.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mustanglawton
Back