CA - 4 Family Members Kidnapped From Business, Merced County, Oct 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I still selfishly want to know why he took the men first and to where before returning for her and the baby. There’s no way (I don’t think) he could have made it to where they were ultimately found and back in the 6ish minutes he was gone with the men. Is it possible he left, killed them someplace 3 minutes away and returned with their bodies in the bed of the truck, for example?

I don’t remember hearing anything for certain that the men weren’t in the truck when he returned to get her and the baby. Nothing he did makes sense to me. JMO

See Knox’s map for locations.
That's my problem. Why leave with the men then return for the mom and baby? It makes no sense unless something went terribly wrong.

But the details hardly matter. JMS killed them for a personal vendetta. Nuff said. LWOP for DP. I don't really care in this case.

Sheriff still thinks Salgado had an accomplice…. And hoping that forensics will identify any further suspect…

I believe that he had someone else with him and at least helping him do some of the things. As far as the homicide itself, we are going to let the evidence take us where it needs to take us,” Warnke said.

I don't want to actually state my suspicions for the reason he separated them. I'm sure the ugly truth will be told by the medical examiners office. My heart aches for Jasleen and what she likely endured.
I don't think Jasleen endured anything but fear. He shot her before her child. I am 90% convinced we will learn soon that it was to the back of the head. SAK kit will be negative. His beef was with the guys.

Sheriff still thinks Salgado had an accomplice…. And hoping that forensics will identify any further suspect…

I believe that he had someone else with him and at least helping him do some of the things. As far as the homicide itself, we are going to let the evidence take us where it needs to take us,” Warnke said.

Since the sheriff has far more information than we do, I'm tempted to believe him and wait for more of the story. But if this is just about a disgruntled employee, that seems hard to believe. Who asks a friend to help them kill the boss who fired them? [No answers please!]

I don’t guess he’s officially been “arrested” or booked into the jail as he’s not listed on their roster. Is that unusual?
I have found that police agencies usually do not like to have people undergoing medical treatment in custody since that makes them legally responsible for the costs. I suspect it is a touchy issue because "in custody" depends much on facts not just orders. For example, if he is handcuffed to his hospital bed that is different than simply being in a coma in the same bed.

Similarly, if he is sedated, statements may not be admissible in court if he were Mirandized but not in a state to understand his rights and make good decisions.

This is a case where, in my opinion, 4 counts of Hate Crimes should be added to his charges.

JMO
I don't see the hate crime here. I see the obvious potential. But this seems to be a dispute with a former employer. Just because they had different races, ethnicities, or religions does not mean it is about hate nor should we assume so automatically.

So that would be a right turn out of the driveway, correct?
@Knox also said in Post #661

I'll look to see if they is an ATM nearby, maybe that's a possibility? Seems super risky, but they were very compliant?

You could be correct about the ATM if there is one within 6mins return trip???

A possibility is that he went back for the Mum and Bub when he didn’t get what he wanted from the first ATM ???? Or to get her ATM Card??

There were two bank transactions from the family's accounts, the sheriff said.

Speculation only … except for the article link …

Last edited:
Knowing now that the suspect had a relationship with the victims at least a year ago, I'm thinking about the suspect walking from the highway towards the business and the victim meeting him inside the business yard where they actually walk to the building ramp together.

Then, the victim runs ahead of him up the ramp. The suspect continues walking up the ramp at his own pace when he suddenly drops the trash bag he's carrying and you can see he pulls out a weapon.

At the time the suspect approached the building, I don't think the victim thought he was in danger. From the surveillance video, the victim reaches the door to the office trailer and enters before the suspect is up the ramp, and I think he had sufficient time to lock the door.

This just makes the tragedy so much worse! :(

So he was out of prison in 2015, on probation for 3 years and, two years later, had an argument with this family. Two years after the argument, he kidnapped and murdered them?!

That seems to me like a long time to be stewing with that resentment. If that’s what it was. JMO
Ya, I agree. Its a long time. Two years later. Why? IDK his motive seems more than just being angry at the family. Maybe he was jealous of thier success and he was a criminal element. And he knew it. IMO unfortunately the thing is their business is so close to the highway and its isolated by the fencing. If they had a more secure setup perhaps this may not have occurred. Likte perhaps a card reader swipe at the gate and the gate monitored by CCTV so they don't let the person in. Although in the video it shows the victim answering his phone so I wonder if the perp called him and said something trustworthy to let the perp into the pemisis. IDK I guess they were trusting people and even though they had a dispute and angry text messages he sent the victims they couldn't imagine this. So sad. If only they had not let him onto the property in the fierst place. I wish it had a different outcome.

The Merced County District Attorney's Office said in a statement earlier Thursday, before that announcement, that once the sheriff's office presented its case, it would decide whether to file charges.

This Statement was released 11 hours ago…

MERCED COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE STATEMENT REGARDING JESUS MANUEL SALGADO:
The Merced County Sheriff’s Department continues their investigation into the matter of Jesus Manuel Salgado. They will present the results of this investigation to the Merced County District Attorney’s Office when ready. Once that occurs, the District Attorney’s Office will review the case to determine whether to file charges against Mr. Salgado.

Attached video is from the first vigil. Vigils to be held for 4 nights -- each night honoring one of the 4 victims.

New Information -- Salgado tried to hang himself.

<snipped>

The suspect in the kidnapping and killing of a central California family was a former employee of the family who had a longstanding dispute with them that "got pretty nasty," authorities said Thursday.

Relatives of the deceased family told investigators that Jesus Salgado, 48, had sent angry text messages or emails to the family about a year ago after working with their trucking business, Merced County Sheriff Vern Warnke told The Associated Press.

Slain California family and suspect had longstanding dispute, authorities say; charges filed

This was personal, targeted and premeditated.

This wasn’t about robbing them. It was about settling a score. He came there to kill them first and foremost. The money was secondary.

I’m wondering if he wasn’t expecting the mother and baby to be there so it threw him for a loop. I agree that he went back to get them them as an afterthought. He didn’t want any witnesses.

As for the baby…he could have dropped her anywhere and spared her life. To leave that poor child to die is worse than putting a bullet in her head.

There isn’t enough punishment available that will serve justice for this family.

He is pure evil.

[...]

Sheriff Warnke told Fox 26 News that he doesn't have the evidence yet to prove his theory but his gut tells him there had to be a second person involved. He thinks that person might have helped Salgado drive a vehicle.

[...]

Thursday evening Sheriff Warnke says he is meeting with the Consulate General of India who is based in San Francisco. He believes he wants to talk about the Central Valley's Sikh community.

[...]

Not sure if this will work, but I drew a circle showing the area to which the perp could have driven the 2 men before turning back to get the mom and baby. My assumptions are that during the 6 minutes he would have driven an average of 70km/h (43.5 mph), including acceleration and deceleration at beginning and at turnaround. So 3 minutes drive time away would take the truck a maximum distance of 3.4 km (2.1 mi).

3.4 km radius from kidnapping site

1665148575100.png

We know he turned south on #59. I presume he then almost immediately turned west on Dickenson Ferry Rd or continued south and then west so that is the quadrant I am focusing on.

Let me know if you think I should change any assumptions.

[...]

Sheriff Warnke told Fox 26 News that he doesn't have the evidence yet to prove his theory but his gut tells him there had to be a second person involved. He thinks that person might have helped Salgado drive a vehicle.

[...]

Thursday evening Sheriff Warnke says he is meeting with the Consulate General of India who is based in San Francisco. He believes he wants to talk about the Central Valley's Sikh community.

[...]

I'm so impressed with Sheriff Warnke and I wish we had more like him. #Respect

OCT 7, 2022
[...]

The city of Merced, where the family’s trucking business was located, will hold evening vigils in their memory Thursday through Sunday. ...

Warnke on Thursday would not discuss the condition of the adults’ remains in the orchard but said it was unclear how the baby died. Warnke said the child had no visible trauma and an autopsy will be conducted.

[...]

Relatives of Salgado contacted authorities and told them he had admitted to them his involvement in the kidnapping, Warnke told KFSN-TV on Tuesday. ...

The victims were Punjabi Sikhs, a community in central California that has a significant presence in the trucking business with many of them driving trucks, owning trucking companies or other businesses associated with trucking.

Public records show the family owns Unison Trucking Inc. and relatives said they had opened an office in the last few weeks in a parking lot the Singh brothers also operated. ...

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyingHorses4
Back