Found Deceased CA - Alex Holden, 25, Sacramento, 31 Dec 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Something is bugging about Alex waking his gf up the 2nd time that night at 2am. Is this the timeline that we know from media reports?:

Alex leaves bar on Monday 12/30 around 11:45 pm and walks home. Wakes girlfriend up. Then wakes her up again at 2am on 12/31. They have “emotional conversation”. He leaves at 2:30am. His phone dies at 2:30am.

MOO

Is this area serviced by a car service? Uber/Lyft?
Yes, definitely. It's a very populated area, especially at night, especially before NYE. There are tons of people at local bars and restaurants, even well past 2:30 AM. Someone must have seen him leaving or walking alone.
If my husband decided he wanted to leave in the middle of the night and walk 11 miles, I can’t imagine that I would be able to physically stop him. This doesn’t mean I “let him”. MOO

I read that Alex’s car was not operable at the time. I need to find the article link...
Sorry, I didn't mean that to come off so accusatory and/or rude. I'm not saying she could have or even should have physically stopped him from leaving, but I haven't heard her say that she tried to convince him or plead him to stay, which I guess is understandable because they were in an argument.

Something is bugging about Alex waking his gf up the 2nd time that night at 2am. Is this the timeline that we know from media reports?:

Alex leaves bar on Monday 12/30 around 11:45 pm and walks home. Wakes girlfriend up. Then wakes her up again at 2am on 12/31. They have “emotional conversation”. He leaves at 2:30am. His phone dies at 2:30am.

MOO

Complete speculation but maybe when he came home he continued to drink? Maybe he played games on his phone while having a few more beers. Didn’t realize how much he was drinking and became pretty drunk. Maybe he either was stumbling around and woke the gf up or his judgment was clouded and he woke her up to hang out with him because he was bored. They argued about respect and not drinking during the week (maybe this wasn’t the first time?). And then drunk and upset he stormed out, she thought he would cool off and come back so she went to sleep.

Complete speculation and MOO

This will sound stupid but what if he woke her up at 2am to help find his charger? My husband has done this multiple times to me completely sober. (Or my favorite, “where’s the coffee?” hours before I have to get up). That would explain no battery, argument, “emotional” conversation about respect.

Complete speculation but maybe when he came home he continued to drink? Maybe he played games on his phone while having a few more beers. Didn’t realize how much he was drinking and became pretty drunk. Maybe he either was stumbling around and woke the gf up or his judgment was clouded and he woke her up to hang out with him because he was bored. They argued about respect and not drinking during the week (maybe this wasn’t the first time?). And then drunk and upset he stormed out, she thought he would cool off and come back so she went to sleep.

Complete speculation and MOO

This will sound stupid but what if he woke her up at 2am to help find his charger? My husband has done this multiple times to me completely sober. (Or my favorite, “where’s the coffee?” hours before I have to get up). That would explain no battery, argument, “emotional” conversation about respect.

I think it could have been any number of these situations, and a dozen others. If only we knew more about what transpired between Alex and his girlfriend when he got home. I'm sure LE have all the details, but I wish we knew them too!

Last edited:

MOO
Did he know at 11:45 pm he was leaving in a couple of hours? Maybe he woke GF at 2 AM to say he was leaving and/or goodbye?

Thanks -- all this time I was thinking this all happened Dec 31 - Jan 1.
A lot of people have had the days mixed up, including ME for at least a week!

Unfortunately, I think it may have impeded the search for him. Did LE get the correct video for the correct night into early morning? Were people questioned mixed up on the days, too?

It's a sad situation all around.

Has any of his friends who he was out with commented on his intoxication level while they were with him? If he was sober, why wouldn't he just drive to Natomas? If he was drunk, why would his girlfriend let him walk 11 miles in the middle of the night? This whole story gets more confusing to me as each day passes.
His friends have been very respectful of his privacy. And I completely understand that and, in turn, respect them for it.

That said, I feel like finding him in such a big city without any background, is similar to finding a needle in a haystack.

Aside from a ping shortly before his phone died/was shut off, not very far from his residence, there is absolutely no news about his movements afterwards. And it is unclear whether that ping was while he was traveling in a vehicle or on foot.

I'll have to go back an take another look at his apartments an or nearby places but have rooftops been checked?
Few years back there was a missing young woman near my area. They found her car at a local business, Found her on top of a business rooftop. That case always stuck with me.

I'll have to go back an take another look at his apartments an or nearby places but have rooftops been checked?
Few years back there was a missing young woman near my area. They found her car at a local business, Found her on top of a business rooftop. That case always stuck with me.

I agree they need to pick apart his block. I remember that case, the one where she went onto the PetCo roof? It is a good reminder that people can act on the wildest thoughts no one could predict.

Does it seem odd that the hanging body was found on Saturday night, but not reported by the media until Monday morning?

This article makes it seem like they're still trying to confirm the person's identity and still asking for the public's help.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article239236413.html

The Riverside/I-80 location is a pretty good distance from AH's last known location. It's also kind of in the opposite direction of Natomas. Natomas is NW from his last known location, Roseville is NE... and much further north.

I really feel confident that this won’t be Alex, for a multitude of reasons.
Update:
BY MICHAEL MCGOUGH
JANUARY 14, 2020 08:31 AM
“A spokesman for the CHP Valley Division on Tuesday morning said the death of a man, hanging by rope from a tree off of Interstate 80 south of Roseville on Saturday, is not currently being considered as suspicious and is now being looked at as suicide.

‘It’s not being considered like a homicide or anything of that nature’ Officer Eulogio Ceja said.

[SBM]”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article239274433.html

Also:
FOX40 Web Desk
2 days ago
“CITRUS HEIGHTS, Calif. (KTXL) — The California Highway Patrol launched an investigation after a man was found hanging from a tree near eastbound Interstate 80, west of Riverside Avenue.

Saturday around 9 p.m., authorities received an anonymous call regarding a deceased male in the trees about 30 feet from the traffic lanes.

[SBM]

By Tuesday, a CHP spokesperson said the 59-year-old man’s death was being investigated as a suicide.

[SBM]” (BBM)
CHP: Body found hanging from tree near eastbound I-80, south of Roseville

Rest In Peace.

Yes, definitely. It's a very populated area, especially at night, especially before NYE. There are tons of people at local bars and restaurants, even well past 2:30 AM. Someone must have seen him leaving or walking alone.

Sorry, I didn't mean that to come off so accusatory and/or rude. I'm not saying she could have or even should have physically stopped him from leaving, but I haven't heard her say that she tried to convince him or plead him to stay, which I guess is understandable because they were in an argument.

sorry I’m very literal so I misinterpreted your comment. :oops:

I wish that we had some indication of how intense this ‘argument’ was because it would give us much better insight into his possible state of mind, and whether self-harm or misadventure was more likely. Argument is so non-descript. If this was a huge blowup, it’s possible that he was very upset - obviously he was upset enough to supposedly leave to sleep at another house in the middle of the night.

Linked in the article:
“MEDIA ADVISORY/NEWS RELEASE
For Immediate Release No. 20200114-005
Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Tip Line Established for Missing Person

Sacramento Police Department detectives are seeking information regarding the disappearance of 25-year old, Alexander Holden. Investigators are requesting that anyone submitting tips regarding Holden’s disappearance to use the following telephone number:

(916)732-0100

This tip line has been established so information can be streamlined to detectives and persons providing information can remain anonymous.

Holden was last seen in the early morning hours of December 31, 2019 in the Downtown Sacramento area. He was believed to be on foot, heading to the North Sacramento area. Holden is 6’2” tall, 190 pounds with brown hair and green eyes. He was last seen wearing a tan pullover, long sleeve shirt.

Investigators continue to work diligently to follow-up on any information they receive regarding this case. The Department continues to seek assistance from the community, encouraging anyone with information to utilize the established tip line. Anybody with information on the whereabouts, or disappearance, of Holden are encouraged to contact the Sacramento Police Department at 916-732-0100.”

ImageHandler.ashx

https://apps.sacpd.org/Releases/liveview.aspx?reference=20200114-005

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot