Found Deceased CA - Alex Holden, 25, Sacramento, 31 Dec 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“There was a piece of bad news regarding the official investigation: detectives are unable to gain full access to Alex’s accounts, devices, and information because they are not conducting a criminal investigation and Alex is a legal adult. The lack of evidence of foul play or criminal activity means law enforcement is hampered in what they can and cannot access.

Police were given a tip from a worker at a Subway restaurant that a man matching Alex’s description came into their store on Exposition Boulevard. The worker said that the man was wearing different clothing and had two black eyes. He tried to use a card to pay for the food but the card was declined. By the time the employee’s co-worker approached and noted the resemblance to Holden, the man had left the store.”

Fundraiser Being Held for Family of Missing Alex Holden; Friends Update on Search
There is an arcade and a Starbucks on either side of the Subway. Maybe one of them has a surveillance cam? خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏ MOO

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

In other news, check out this video of the area Alex may have been that night.

I hope the tip about Subway is true. That subway is just north of the American River Parkway, so it really could be legit.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

In other news, check out this video of the area Alex may have been that night.

I hope the tip about Subway is true. That subway is just north of the American River Parkway, so it really could be legit.
What a mess! I hope AH didn't go that way. Traveling that path alone during the day as well as the night would be risky imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
A man body found in the river with identification on Friday morning. The location of where the body is found its about 140 miles away from downtown, Sac. Hopefully this is not him.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...ice-probe-death-of-man-found-in-truckee-river
The Truckee River is not part of the Sacramento or American River watersheds (and even if it was, it's upstream from Sac). Doesn't mean it can't be Alex, but it does mean that body didn't float there from Sacramento.

It's much more likely to be someone from the Reno area.

Hope they release the name soon.

I believe that since nothing has turned up to suggest a crime was committed or something nefarious happened, LE’s hands may be somewhat tied on how many resources and how much time can be spent; he is an adult so he is allowed to disappear.

I for one don’t think he jetted off to start a new life, just explaining why things might be slowing down some.

Updated map with searched areas and known paths

Missing Person: Alex Holden Map - Google My Maps

Here is a better look at the exact unit Alex lives in. It does have an inside and is bordered by two narrow alleys. خرائط ‪Google
It isn't marked on the map but I have to believe that block has been scoured by LE and dogs, right? Look at all those low storage areas, dumpsters and crevices. He s reportedly nowhere to be seen on CCTV still, so that should provide a radius of 'dead zone'where he'd have to disappear before a camera sees him.

Need to search both banks of the Sac river for about 5 miles or at least where the bike trail hits the marina by the Zoo IMO. We used to have someone on WS that was really good with fluid dynamics, I'll see if I can dig up the nick to tag here.

ETA the south bank of the American River needs to be searched as well. Water carries things on a current - he is not likely to be wherever he fell in if that is what happened.

Last edited:
National Center For Missing and Endangered, Inc.

A benefit fundraiser is being held on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Vito’s Kitchen in downtown Springfield. (Store owner Vito Palmietto is the step-father of Alex Holden, the husband of Judge Margaret Palmietto.)
upload_2020-1-12_12-7-59.jpeg
Alex Holden with girlfriend Kennedi Perri. Holden was last seen wearing the pullover shown in the above photo. (Photo from Kennedi Perri’s facebook page.)

Sacramento police detectives met with family members and Alex’s girlfriend regarding the investigation. Detectives said that scouting of the American River is taking place daily; police now have access to all of Alex’s phone records; and know of his locations until 2:30 a.m. local time.

The friend posted that while it wasn’t an official confirmation of Alex’s whereabouts, they conducted canvassing of the nearby area. They showed Holden’s photo to homeless living in the area but no one said they recognized him.

The group plans to hand to hand out fliers at tonight’s Sacramento Kings basketball game.

A change has been made to the official flyer that friends and family are asking people to share on their social media. Anyone in the Sacramento area is asked to share the flyer on their social media feeds, and anyone with friends in the area is asked to ask their friends if they will share the flyer.

Here is the updated flyer:
upload_2020-1-12_12-6-35.jpeg
Fundraiser Being Held for Family of Missing Alex Holden; Friends Update on Search

I have the same questions. And I don’t like any of the answers I come up with.

The GF seems to be the only person who can describe his mental state after the “emotional” discussion/ argument they had before he left. Hopefully, she’s been frank with LE because it’s my opinion it was the catalyst to his decision to leave in the middle of the night.

My guess is he was so upset when he left, he immediately turned off his phone. And then he made an irreversible decision.

Unfortunately that happens far too often in cases like this...

Last edited:
alexholdenfundraisingphoto.jpg

Thinking of AH family and friends at Vito's dinner today. Hoping for any news very soon.

AFAIK, no one has been reported missing in Fullerton or Anaheim recently (the body could be from many different places, but it's likely that whoever it is might not have been reported missing).

Ashley Manning was reported missing in So. Cal. The body recently discovered in the UHaul in Fullerton is that of the missing Ms. Manning.

I don't live in Sac, but I've walked sections of this area, I've ran a half marathon along these trails and I've spent some time at Sac State related to my job.

Most of the trails are not really anywhere near the river. A lot of the trails are up on the top of levees and nowhere near the river's edge. It's hard for me to imagine an adult would accidentally wander into the water from any of these trails. A lot of sections have thick vegetation between the trail and the water.

Falling off of a bridge is the only way I see an adult ending up in the river. But, someone would have to be really incapacitated or require assistance to do so.

I know even small currents can be dangerous/deadly. I wouldn't consider this area to have a strong current. People kayak and SUP sections of the American River. East of the search area, closer to Folsom Lake is a popular area to be in the water. Average swimmers should be able to get out of this river without much effort.

There is a large transient population in that area. They have taken over the river vegetation, over passes, and bridge areas.

Amateur opinion, of course.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Dirty
Back