Found Deceased CA - Alycia Yeoman, 20, Gridley, 30 March 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will they be able to tell if she drowned with how long her body has been in the river?
I don't think it's an exact science, especially after this long.

Warning: Graphic!
I think blood in the lungs, or remnants of "stuff" found in the water is present in the lungs then they will determine drowning. If neither of those things is present, lack of trauma to the external might also result in drowning as COD.

More here, but its graphic so don't read if you are sensitive.
http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/drowning.html
http://www.forensicpathologyonline.com/E-Book/asphyxia/drowning

So sad. I'm puzzled if body has been there this long or recently dumped. Doesn't seem likely with river flows this year that she would still be in same area IF it's her.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

So sad. I'm puzzled if body has been there this long or recently dumped. Doesn't seem likely with river flows this year that she would still be in same area IF it's her.

I knew a firefighter who had pulled lots of bodies out of rivers. It can take a while for them to surface depending on a lot of different factors. Initially the body sinks into the water to the bottom of the riverbed where there is often debris and it can get caught. The Feather River had recently flooded priorto Aly's disappearance if memory serves me correctly, which increases the amount of debris present.

If a body is not stuck in anything it can still take a few days for gases to build up enough for it to become buoyant. If it is stuck it may not surface until debris shifts enough to allow this.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

I'm sure there won't be anything new until the medical examiner can look over the body. They may have to use dental records to identify depending on how long the body was in the river.

So, they need to determine COD. If drowned, then the conversation is essentially over. If by any means other than drowning, then we have to assume a scenario that involves being carried and placed in the water.

It seems to me if she walked to the river on her own the search dogs would've picked up on that.

Did they ever search the water around that boat launch?

I knew a firefighter who had pulled lots of bodies out of rivers. It can take a while for them to surface depending on a lot of different factors. Initially the body sinks into the water to the bottom of the riverbed where there is often debris and it can get caught. The Feather River had recently flooded priorto Aly's disappearance if memory serves me correctly, which increases the amount of debris present.

If a body is not stuck in anything it can still take a few days for gases to build up enough for it to become buoyant. If it is stuck it may not surface until debris shifts enough to allow this.

Oh I understand. . .I come from family of firefighting and dispatch. Just curious given the abnormal river flows this year so wasn't sure if a body could remain that long in a given area.

Oh I understand. . .I come from family of firefighting and dispatch. Just curious given the abnormal river flows this year so wasn't sure if a body could remain that long in a given area.

You would think the excess water would have made a body surface more quickly, but who knows. Then again this could be someone who went in over the weekend so none of what I said would apply

My husband works in the concrete business, he told me last night that a body could be weighted down with concrete and wouldn't come up until decomposition caused the body to detach and break loose from the concrete.

My husband works in the concrete business, he told me last night that a body could be weighted down with concrete and wouldn't come up until decomposition caused the body to detach and break loose from the concrete.
How convenient ML owns a masonry business? It has also been getting warmer in this area, that would help the body to float. The only way a body won't surface is if it is allowed to have the gases escape (horrible, I'm sorry).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am here locally (I live 10 minutes from Gridley). There has been NO announcement from News Agencies about this. The Sacramento Bee story (from yesterday) claimed it was a female that was found - but none of the more local newspapers, etc. said anything about the sex of the person found.

Do you believe she was alive this whole time and recently expired? Or just recently placed.. the heat was on suspect gave In and dumped

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

I created an account just to say I agree with this. I watched the interview last night. This guy is smooth. He didn't say anything incriminating, something just seemed "off" about his demeanor. Why is a 37 year old guy grabbing a bite to eat with a 20 year old friend of his son, and then sharing a bottle of wine with her? Hope you guys don't flame me for thinking that seems weird, just putting it out there.

WELCOME !

Yes, something is off with this relationship or whatever it is.

Do you believe she was alive this whole time and recently expired? Or just recently placed.. the heat was on suspect gave In and dumped

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
Hard to say. If it's her I personally feel whatever happened, happened the night she went missing. I'm not sure if she was in the river from day one or if they moved her recently. Hopefully le will confirm.

There are not really any other missing women from the area, and the location is just to coincidental to be anyone but Aly. I just hope when they do verify who she is, they can quickly identify how she ended up there so her family can have closure. I feel really bad for them on so many levels. And I can't bear to read any more of her dad's postings. Heartbreaking. :(

I wasn't going to watch the interview with ML but had to see what he was like, given all the comments. To my mind, either he is not guilty of causing harm to Alycia or he is a total sociopath. I don't see the "tells" that others are seeing. What I DID see was a cocky guy. I think he was carefully choosing his words, but more because he wanted to come across a certain way, maintain a bit of swagger there. Another thing to bear in mind, if you're never been on camera before, most non-professionals (in my experience) aren't 100% at ease with the cameras rolling--there will be a bit of edge or anxiety that shows up in their comportment. All my opinion only... will be interesting to see what unfolds in the coming days.

I wasn't going to watch the interview with ML but had to see what he was like, given all the comments. To my mind, either he is not guilty of causing harm to Alycia or he is a total sociopath. I don't see the "tells" that others are seeing. What I DID see was a cocky guy. I think he was carefully choosing his words, but more because he wanted to come across a certain way, maintain a bit of swagger there. Another thing to bear in mind, if you're never been on camera before, most non-professionals (in my experience) aren't 100% at ease with the cameras rolling--there will be a bit of edge or anxiety that shows up in their comportment. All my opinion only... will be interesting to see what unfolds in the coming days.
ML, 37, is trying to become a rap artist and has filmed a few videos and interviews. The camera is not unfamiliar to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214