CA-Amber Leeanne Dubois (14 YO)- Escondido Thread # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35662561

"Deep down inside, we're in full denial of it. In the back of our heads, yeah, the possibility is huge," Dubois said Monday night.

"I think there is a good possibility that Gardner may be linked to Amber's disappearance," Amber's mother Carrie McGonigle said in a statement Sunday. "I pray that he isn't because it would be the worst case scenario for my daughter. I am praying for Chelseas' family."

Amber's mom is on Nancy Grace right now. Can someone tell me why they think that Amber and Chelsea are linked?

Amber's mom is on Nancy Grace right now. Can someone tell me why they think that Amber and Chelsea are linked?

IIRC - the they have arrested in Chelsea's case lived very close to Amber's school when she went missing.

Probably doesn't end there either.

I so hope LE can find Amber now.

http://www.10news.com/news/22723155/detail.html

The man suspected of in the death of Chelsea King was being watched more than a year ago by the family of missing teenager Amber Dubois.

On Tuesday, 10News spoke with Amber's mother, Carrie McGonigle. She said her family asked investigators with the Escondido Police Department to check out 174 registered sex offenders living within the area of Escondido High School where Amber, who was 14 years old at the time, was last seen February 13, 2009.

McGonigle said she was angry when she heard about John Gardner's arrest, "'Cause I asked numerous times for Escondido PD to check out every single one."

Instead, Amber's family and friends began their own investigation. They located the homes of 147 known registered sex offenders in Escondido, San Marcos, Poway and Rancho Bernardo. They drove by their homes and even staked out some of those homes. One of the stakeouts was almost a year ago, outside an Escondido apartment belonging to Gardner at the time.

http://www.10news.com/news/22723155/detail.html

The man suspected of in the death of Chelsea King was being watched more than a year ago by the family of missing teenager Amber Dubois.

On Tuesday, 10News spoke with Amber's mother, Carrie McGonigle. She said her family asked investigators with the Escondido Police Department to check out 174 registered sex offenders living within the area of Escondido High School where Amber, who was 14 years old at the time, was last seen February 13, 2009.

McGonigle said she was angry when she heard about John Gardner's arrest, "'Cause I asked numerous times for Escondido PD to check out every single one."

Instead, Amber's family and friends began their own investigation. They located the homes of 147 known registered sex offenders in Escondido, San Marcos, Poway and Rancho Bernardo. They drove by their homes and even staked out some of those homes. One of the stakeouts was almost a year ago, outside an Escondido apartment belonging to Gardner at the time.

Unforgiveable....

Bumping up. Hopefully there will be a resolution for Amber's family.

There is no doubt in my mind that he took Amber. It was reported she was seen walking with a tall "dough-faced" boy. JAG is dough-faced if ever I saw a dough faced person. My feeling is so strong on this I bet the DA offers to take the death penalty off the table if he tells them where Amber is. Just wait.

Can I say that he's dough-faced and ugly?

The resemblance between Chelsea and Amber is startling. If he likes a "type," represented by Chelsea, Amber would fit.

Can I say that he's dough-faced and ugly?

The resemblance between Chelsea and Amber is startling. If he likes a "type," represented by Chelsea, Amber would fit.

I don't see the resemblance between Amber and Chelsea--cheslea had long red hair and was underweight, Amber had short brown hair and was of normal weight. But who knows. I did notice today at the arraignment that he was dark complected--which also fits the description of a "dark complected but not black" male seen with Amber. Does anyone know if anything ever came of the sightings of a white van driven by 2 hispanic males and stalking and grabbing girls at the time? A simlar description of a white van and a hispanic male was given for the attempted kidnappers of runners at Mission Trails park around the same time.

I don't see the resemblance between Amber and Chelsea--cheslea had long red hair and was underweight, Amber had short brown hair and was of normal weight. But who knows. I did notice today at the arraignment that he was dark complected--which also fits the description of a "dark complected but not black" male seen with Amber. Does anyone know if anything ever came of the sightings of a white van driven by 2 hispanic males and stalking and grabbing girls at the time? A simlar description of a white van and a hispanic male was given for the attempted kidnappers of runners at Mission Trails park around the same time.
what the two girls do have in common is that they were both young (the age he seems to go after) and alone in areas that he was living in.

[snipped]
Leads by the hundreds have come and then been dismissed. A suspicious red pickup parked near the school and seen in surveillance-camera videos turned out to be that of a parent of another child and is not connected to the case.

[snipped]
Last summer, dogs from Texas hired by the family appeared to have traced Amber’s scent to the community of Pala, specifically to the Pala library. But no one in Pala remembers having ever seen Amber. Bloodhounds used by the FBI smelled no hint of her in Pala several months later.

[snipped]
Two witnesses who knew Amber saw her walking on North Broadway near the football field north of the school’s entrance with a tall, dark-skinned, but not black, sort of “doughy” boy who has yet to be identified, Benton said. Security cameras near the front of the school show Amber never made it that far.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/feb/10/ambers-mystery/

Thanks for the heads up, nancy2441. Hi Cloudajo, do you have any idea when this identification of the truck was made? It had not been made months after Amber had disappeared. There was a San Diego news article on a similar red truck at a Wal-Mart that a young man caught in surveilance photo accused of maybe attempting to kidnap a girl there (don't remember the exact details), but was too blurry to know how similar. If same truck the chrome had been removed.

The reporter writing that was not aware the truck had been id'ed at that time. I am curious how a parent came to be identified some time later when a massive search for owner of that truck took place at the school when Amber disappeared. (and IIRC, you did a great deal of work comparing pictures of models of trucks, etc. at the time.)

Much thanks as usual for keeping us informed.

rd

Has any bodies of water near where she went missing been searched?
Often times offenders return to simalr settings with each victim.I am in Indiana and am not real familar with the terrain there. Thanks

so very sad and makes me full of disgust that LE didnt try harder to find her in the first stages of this.

There are accusations in some circles that LEO's do not actively pursue cases when the victim is White. I'm not sure if that is true or not, but it is the perception of some.

With Chelsea people had to kick the media off the pot to get them to cover this case. Same with the Channon-Christian murders.....and then they did their best to discredit the victims.

As a side note, an associate wants to try using salvia to see if he can gain information about Amber when he is more rested. I'll post, with his permission, anything he comes up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel