CA-Amber Leeanne Dubois (14 YO)- Escondido Thread # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The possible connection between the two young girls at Wal-Mart and Amber is interesting but I have always understood pedophiles tend to target one particular age group. To jump from 5-6 yr old girls to a 14 yr old is out of the ordinary. I know there are exceptions to everything.

Regarding someone trying to access Amber's VM - when I check my VM I have to type in my 4 digit code to access. Is that normal on everyone's phone? If so, then the possibility it was Amber seems likely unless the perp made her tell him her code.

on my sprint cell phone voicemail I could set it to no passcode. All I had to do is hit the 1 and it would access my voicemail.

I saw this article yesterday on 10 News. I was very confused by the statement that the trucks seen at Wal-Mart and at Escondido High were not the same. At the end of the article it says Escondido Police can't be sure they aren't the same unless they saw them side by side. Say what??

Here is a link to a video with pictures of Amber from birth until she went missing - put together and posted by her mom.

Amber Dubois on Vimeo

Thank you for posting this cloudajo, it brought me to tears. I can't imagine what this is like for Amber's mom and dad. This video just breaks my heart, I can't imagine what it was like for her mom to put it together... I think it takes such a courageous heart to never give up hope, to keep searching until your child is found. :beats:

No one should have to go through this! I wish they would find Amber and bring her home to her family!

I saw this article yesterday on 10 News. I was very confused by the statement that the trucks seen at Wal-Mart and at Escondido High were not the same. At the end of the article it says Escondido Police can't be sure they aren't the same unless they saw them side by side. Say what??

Agree - confusing. And the least they could do would be to post pics of the Walmart suspect and trucks again with numbers to call.

Here's a description of the jewelry Amber was wearing at the time of her disappearance:

http://crime.about.com/od/missing/ig/Missing-Persons/dubois.htm

Thanks Nancy. Also see below for more info now posted on FBI site (I believe the family requested and this was recently put up). So over 3 months later they release some additional info about Amber's missing items, a vehicle of interest, and a person of interest. I can't understand why this wasn't done in the first week when public was on alert, before memories fade, people move, etc.

Vehicle of Interest:
The truck is described as a newer model, possibly a Ford, GMC, or Toyota, with chrome both above and below the grill. The vehicle is a full size, four-door crew cab pickup truck, red or maroon in color. The truck has chrome wheels and running boards and may be equipped with chrome rails or caps along top of the bed sides. The truck may also have a fifth-wheel trailer hitch.

Remarks:
Amber was last seen wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and black pants. Her jewelry consisted of a blue sapphire ring worn on her middle left finger. She was also wearing a silver claddagh ring, which is a traditional Irish ring given in friendship or worn as a wedding ring. It is described as two hands clasping a heart, and the heart is surmounted by a crown. Amber was carrying a black shoulder bag, which is similar in appearance to a computer laptop carrying case.

Person of Interest:
The unidentified male reportedly seen with Amber immediately prior to her disappearance is not a suspect in this case, but is someone that law enforcement would like to interview. This individual is described below.
Age:Approximately 13-18 years old (possibly middle- to high-school age)Clothing:Dark (Individual was possibly wearing a dark-colored backpack.)Sex:MaleHair:Dark (average length to short)Height:TallComplexion:DarkBuild:Medium buildRace:Unknown

FBI Page: http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/dubois_a.htm
Pic of similar silver claddagh ring: http://slimages.macys.com/is/image/MCY/products/1/optimized/398671_fpx.tif?bgc=255,255,255&wid=327&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg

On Amber's website:

Bring Amber Home
Benefit Concert

Sunday, June 14th
featuring
The Legendary SURFARIS
and
The CHANTAYS
3pm-6pm
OC Tavern/Grill
2369 S. El Camino Real
San Clemente, CA
949-542-8877

Assemblywoman Diane Harkey,
73rd Assembly District
will appear to lend her support to our search

Last Known Person to See Amber Talks
June 11, 2009

Watch video re-enactment at link.

===========

In an effort to generate new leads in the missing person's case of Amber Dubois, family members and police authorized a re-enactment of the final moments before Amber disappeared.

A friend of the family portrayed the missing 14 year old as she retraced Amber's steps during the February morning of her disappearance.

[snipped]
"She was just walking with someone, right next to each other," Sams said. "He was taller than her, dark complexion, dark clothes."

Sams says when she saw Amber and the unknown male, they were only a few hundred yards away from the school entrance. She says there were a lot of students and parents in the area at the time.

"I'm dumb-founded as to why only two of us saw her, I don't understand that," Sams said.

Investigators say if Amber had made it to the school entrance, she would have been recorded on a surveillance camera that sits on the corner roof of the school gym.

Sams wishes she had looked more closely at the unknown male who was walking with Amber and believes he is the key to solving her disappearance.

"I wasn't really looking for details, I just happened to pass her and I knew it was her because I used to take her to school," Sams said.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/The-Day-Amber-Disappeared-.html

Thanks Nancy. Also see below for more info now posted on FBI site (I believe the family requested and this was recently put up). So over 3 months later they release some additional info about Amber's missing items, a vehicle of interest, and a person of interest. I can't understand why this wasn't done in the first week when public was on alert, before memories fade, people move, etc.

Vehicle of Interest:
The truck is described as a newer model, possibly a Ford, GMC, or Toyota, with chrome both above and below the grill. The vehicle is a full size, four-door crew cab pickup truck, red or maroon in color. The truck has chrome wheels and running boards and may be equipped with chrome rails or caps along top of the bed sides. The truck may also have a fifth-wheel trailer hitch.

Remarks:
Amber was last seen wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and black pants. Her jewelry consisted of a blue sapphire ring worn on her middle left finger. She was also wearing a silver claddagh ring, which is a traditional Irish ring given in friendship or worn as a wedding ring. It is described as two hands clasping a heart, and the heart is surmounted by a crown. Amber was carrying a black shoulder bag, which is similar in appearance to a computer laptop carrying case.

Person of Interest:
The unidentified male reportedly seen with Amber immediately prior to her disappearance is not a suspect in this case, but is someone that law enforcement would like to interview. This individual is described below.
Age:Approximately 13-18 years old (possibly middle- to high-school age)Clothing:Dark (Individual was possibly wearing a dark-colored backpack.)Sex:MaleHair:Dark (average length to short)Height:TallComplexion:DarkBuild:Medium buildRace:Unknown

FBI Page: http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/dubois_a.htm
Pic of similar silver claddagh ring: http://slimages.macys.com/is/image/MCY/products/1/optimized/398671_fpx.tif?bgc=255,255,255&wid=327&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg

Thanks for stressing the new information. The jewelry may have been more important than we knew. Perhaps this began as a mugging?

This case truly brings me to tears, since Amber seemed like such a bright, intelligent girl... I don't think she is alive, or if she is, she is being held against her will and probably neglected/harmed. :(

The male seen with her has a very vague description, and I too wish the parent had seen him better... It could be anyone. I still think the idea that she met the guy online is plausible, especially since I read elsewhere that she might be a furry (someone who has an animal alter ego/"fursona"). The online furry community is tight knit and if Amber saw one of her online friends it is reasonable to assume that she would run to catch up with him and have a chat. This community also has a history of some sick, indecent acts, and has a bad reputation in a lot of corners of the internet.

I'm pretty sure the idea that she was a member of the furry community was entirely speculation by a third party, so it doesn't really hold water. (I can see it being true, though.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel