GUILTY CA - Aramazd Andressian, 5, South Pasadena, 18 April 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder where they got the word 'witnesses' from? I have only seen one witness come forward. And I don't find her that credible. She says she saw someone who seemed drunk and crying, who was driving erratically with an unbuckled boy in the car, and yet she does not report it to anyone. Even though her young child is sitting there playing, right by where the drunk driver is veering near the playground. It makes no sense to me.

I believe the cameras more than that witness sighting.

There was also the store clerk "witness" and they said other witnesses at Cachuma came forward (including a Ranger) who said they helped the father jump start his car. So obviously more witnesses have come forward including in Solvang and at Nojoqui.

He could have used the 2-3 hour window when he was halfway to Santa Barbara. Maybe he took a detour up Topanga Canyon or Tujunga Canyon, or took the Moorpark exit and went up to the more remote area East of the 101--ANYWHERE really---on his way to Santa Barbara.

That would have been the dead of night, and taken him through many areas where he could have turned East into remote areas. He could have gone to Simi or Santa Clarita and back in that 3 hour window. Lots of hilly, heavily wooded deep brush areas out there.

That's very true. But why drive all the way up to Santa Ynez? And why stop at Nojoqui Falls?

I don't believe he drove all the way to Lake Cachuma for an alibi. And detectives said they believe Ara is in Santa Ynez also. My thoughts are (and this is MOO) that he placed Ara somewhere at Nojoqui or somewhere between there and Lake Cachuma and I still think he could be at Lake Cachuma. Again this is just MOO.

I wonder where they got the word 'witnesses' from? I have only seen one witness come forward. And I don't find her that credible. She says she saw someone who seemed drunk and crying, who was driving erratically with an unbuckled boy in the car, and yet she does not report it to anyone. Even though her young child is sitting there playing, right by where the drunk driver is veering near the playground. It makes no sense to me.

I believe the cameras more than that witness sighting.

I thought she said seemed like he could be drunk OR had been crying. I camp at Cachuma all the time and I wouldn't necessarily be alarmed if someone had their 5 year old child unrestrained in the car. I would just assume they were driving to the showers or the pool or somewhere a very short distance within the park. Also, there are lots of dirt roads (more like trails) that wind in and out of the campsites that are a little tricky to navigate. I don't know if she used the wording "driving erratically". I thought it was more like swerving a little...but I will try to find it and re-read it.

There was also the store clerk "witness" and they said other witnesses at Cachuma came forward (including a Ranger) who said they helped the father jump start his car. So obviously more witnesses have come forward including in Solvang and at Nojoqui.

NO, what I meant was only one witness that said she saw the boy.

The store witness and the Ranger said they did not see the boy.

I thought she said seemed like he could be drunk OR had been crying. I camp at Cachuma all the time and I wouldn't necessarily be alarmed if someone had their 5 year old child unrestrained in the car. I would just assume they were driving to the showers or the pool or somewhere a very short distance within the park. Also, there are lots of dirt roads (more like trails) that wind in and out of the campsites that are a little tricky to navigate. I don't know if she used the wording "driving erratically". I thought it was more like swerving a little...but I will try to find it and re-read it.

I agree about the unrestrained part. But if she thought he might have been drunk, and he seemed to be swerving, then she should have been concerned about the child in the car and her own kid.

I used to camp there too. And the play areas were pretty close to the little roads and I would be worried about a drunk driver in that tight area.

The woman believes she is one of the last people to see the little boy before he was declared missing.
“It was between 11:30 [a.m.] and 2 o’clock [p.m.]” she said, “for sure. I saw the gray BMW, I was by myself.”

She is sure she made eye contact with the boy’s father.

“He drove around again, and I made eye contact with him,” she says. “The little boy was watching my son play with his Marvel Avengers toys.”

She thought the father appeared to be crying and/or had been drinking. She said the boy was sitting in the front seat.

“When he was driving by,” she said, “he was kind of swerving on the grass. I thought maybe he had a couple of drinks in him.”

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/04/26/missing-boy-aramazd-andressian/

That's very true. But why drive all the way up to Santa Ynez? And why stop at Nojoqui Falls?

Because it would be better to drive away from the burial site and lead people on a wild goose chase. And he was probably distraught and irrational. He probably drove North to go clear his head and put more miles between himself and the crime scene. JMO

Mine ran down once when I was sitting and listening to the car radio, with a/c on, while waiting for someone at a doctors appointment. It happened pretty fast.

Did LE search the area where the car stalled? The battery could have died while the headlights were being used to illuminate an area he was doing something in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The woman believes she is one of the last people to see the little boy before he was declared missing.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/04/26/missing-boy-aramazd-andressian/

“When he was driving by,” she said, “he was kind of swerving on the grass. I thought maybe he had a couple of drinks in him.”

So her boy is sitting and playing with his Marvel toys, and she sees a swerving driver on the grass with a few drinks in him, and shrugs and lets it go? I think that is odd.

Because it would be better to drive away from the burial site and lead people on a wild goose chase. And he was probably distraught and irrational. He probably drove North to go clear his head and put more miles between himself and the crime scene. JMO

Perhaps but that's not my feeling and for some reason it's not LE's either and they have more info than we do. But you are right that the possibilities of where he could be are huge.

So her boy is sitting and playing with his Marvel toys, and she sees a swerving driver on the grass with a few drinks in him, and shrugs and lets it go? I think that is odd.

Not to be argumentative because I have the utmost respect for you as a WSer...but she also said in hindsight her gut told her something wasn't right but she didn't listen to it. Who knows what you or I would have done in that moment. I'm sure it was just a very short amount of time and she probably thought hmmm something feels off with this guy. Would you or I have gotten on our phones and called 911 or jumped in our car and flagged down a Ranger? It's hard to say. I probably would not have. I got the feeling she got a funny feeling "or gut feeling" and is kicking herself for not acting on it. How many times have we all done that? IF her story is true (and I really felt she was credible). And IF she did see little Ara with him that changes things...depending on when Sr was seen at Nojoqui and Solvang.

So if her story is true isn't it possible that little Ara was in the trunk, in the back seat under some blankets or already placed somewhere around or in the lake before these other witnesses saw Sr? I don't believe any article said whether surveillance video caught him entering or exiting the lake or both.

Perhaps but that's not my feeling and for some reason it's not LE's either and they have more info than we do. But you are right that the possibilities of where he could be are huge.

I am thinking that LE is kind of forced to look in Santa Barbara County because AA purposely went to places with cameras and he bought things in stores etc. So they have to search those areas. But if he was going to look for a place to leave his child, would he drive into a gate with a camera?

I think it makes more sense that he would go to a remote area, with no cameras or park rangers first, at 3 to 5 am, and then he would appear in tourist areas and have his picture taken and be seen in stores. JMO

Did LE search the area where the car stalled? The battery could have died while the headlights were being used to illuminate an area he was doing something in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes that was at Lake Cachuma and I believe they have searched twice.

I am thinking that LE is kind of forced to look in Santa Barbara County because AA purposely went to places with cameras and he bought things in stores etc. So they have to search those areas. But if he was going to look for a place to leave his child, would he drive into a gate with a camera?

I think it makes more sense that he would go to a remote area, with no cameras or park rangers first, at 3 to 5 am, and then he would appear in tourist areas and have his picture taken and be seen in stores. JMO

I've been to Cachuma hundreds of times and didn't know there were cameras anywhere. I doubt Nojoqui Falls has cameras but they may. I just don't think this was that well thought out and he possibly stopped at Cachuma to sleep for a while or if little Ara was with him to possibly dispose of his body if he harmed him. I sure wish we knew what times he was seen at Nojoqui and in Solvang.

Not to be argumentative because I have the utmost respect for you as a WSer...but she also said in hindsight her gut told her something wasn't right but she didn't listen to it. Who knows what you or I would have done in that moment. I'm sure it was just a very short amount of time and she probably thought hmmm something feels off with this guy. Would you or I have gotten on our phones and called 911 or jumped in our car and flagged down a Ranger? It's hard to say. I probably would not have. I got the feeling she got a funny feeling "or gut feeling" and is kicking herself for not acting on it. How many times have we all done that? IF her story is true (and I really felt she was credible). And IF she did see little Ara with him that changes things...depending on when Sr was seen at Nojoqui and Solvang.

So if her story is true isn't it possible that little Ara was in the trunk, in the back seat under some blankets or already placed somewhere around or in the lake before these other witnesses saw Sr? I don't believe any article said whether surveillance video caught him entering or exiting the lake or both.

true. She may have felt weird but not reported it. It is possible.

But aren't there cameras at the entrance and exit?

true. She may have felt weird but not reported it. It is possible.

But aren't there cameras at the entrance and exit?

Honestly I have no idea. I've never noticed them. I saw a picture somewhere posted related to this case and I never would have known they were cameras.

I agree with you, I believe he may have considered leaving his child wherever it may have been in the middle of the night versus going to a place in broad daylight where there will be more people around. Also, I believe he told LE that he was at Lake Cachuma, so why tell them he was there and not mention the other places if he had left the boy at Lake Cachuma. It would be more obvious. And why drive around in the middle of the night instead of resting if he was still with the boy at the lake?

I've been to Cachuma hundreds of times and didn't know there were cameras anywhere. I doubt Nojoqui Falls has cameras but they may. I just don't think this was that well thought out and he possibly stopped at Cachuma to sleep for a while or if little Ara was with him to possibly dispose of his body if he harmed him. I sure wish we knew what times he was seen at Nojoqui and in Solvang.

here is where the cameras were discussed:

Investigators say surveillance video shows Andressian Sr. at the lake, but they found no evidence of the little boy having been there during their search on Tuesday. They're asking anyone who may have visited Cachuma Lake and seen the boy or his father to contact them.

"If anyone was here, maybe between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., those are the hours that we believe he was here," said Lt. Mendoza.

http://www.ksby.com/story/35243001/authorities-searching-cachuma-lake-for-missing-la-county-boy

Also, it says he was there by 8 am....

I think that indicates that AA came up the 154 cutoff from the 101. I don't think he would have gone to Solvang and the falls before 8 am.

I think he took the cutoff to 154 while he was North on 101 in Santa Barbara. Then he arrived at the Lake, spent half the day, then went to Solvang from there.

I think that it is possible he left the boy somewhere off the 154---like up Painted Cave road or back roads by Wagon Train Rd cut off. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08