Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this article has been posted before, but it gives the clearest timeline of any of the other articles I read. And it is one of the last articles written to date--

https://patch.com/california/palmdesert/prayer-vigil-set-thursday-missing-couple

Though I'm certain someone else has already done this on the thread, just for review---

1) From the above article, it seems that at around 8 PM on May 10, Audrey was headed to pick up Jon somewhere between Coachella and Imperial County, which would mean she was driving South to get him--

"Moran was believed to have been driving to "an unknown location somewhere between Coachella and Imperial County" to meet him. Reynoso was believed to have been traveling to the Coachella Valley from Brawley on May 10."

(This might explain why Jon wasn't just dropped off at Audrey's home or her sister's home. Whoever he was with, was maybe not going as far as Coachella.)

2) At 8:45 PM her sister gets a text from Audrey's phone. The text is a picture of Audrey and Jon together, but appears to have been taken prior to May 10.

3) And though it's never made clear exactly what time this next occurs, the last ping from Audrey's phone is in East Coachella Valley--which is slightly North of Coachella the city. And on this night she doesn't ping on any other cell towers, either in the direction of Imperial county or Beaumont (where her SUV is eventually found). Per her cell phone pings, Audrey never leaves the area of Coachella Valley.

"
[FONT=&]Moran’s cellphone had not used any cell towers outside the East Coachella Valley on Wednesday and her phone remains off this week with no activity since midnight Wednesday."

[/FONT]
http://www.pe.com/2017/05/15/search-continues-for-missing-coachella-couple/

4) Then somehow Audrey's SUV ends up even farther North in Beaumont CA, almost 40 minutes past both her home base in Coachella and Jon's home in Palm Desert. (The vehicle is reported found at 8AM May 11)

"
[FONT=&]Police used On-Star to find Moran’s vehicle, a 2010 GMC Terrain, around 8 a.m. Thursday, May 11, on the westbound side of the 10 Freeway, west of the Oak Valley Parkway offramp. An initial search of the charcoal gray vehicle showed no signs of foul play or forced entry. The vehicle operated normally when started."[/FONT]

5) Scent dog picks up both their scents outside the vehicle.

6) On first look the vehicle shows no signs of foul play and is parked as if someone did this in a calm and careful manner. (as opposed to being chased down)

7) The last confirmed sighting of Jon appears to be by his roommate on May 10. No report as to what time the roommate last saw Jon, though.

No more news for the last few days...

Maybe the radio silence means there is a lead in the case, just not one LE wants to make public.

Thank you, Gracie, for this terrific timeline! :tyou:

Could he have gone to the top of the embankment to use the bathroom?

We actually considered that early on. If you look at the location on google earth, you will see that taking that action will be comparable to public flashing. It would not be secluded or private or hidden. You would be exposing yourself to traffic on both sides of the highway, and draw attention to yourself in a very "look at me" fashion.

Also, if that were the case how would it explain away the scents 20 yards west of the auto?

And wouldn't there be a hit on a pause from the person standing still in one spot, and a backtracking scent back to the car? I haven't read that either of those two things occurred.

Who does AM or JR know in East Coachella Valley?

East Coachella Valley is adjacent to the city of Coachella--or maybe Coachella is within that area. It's possible Audrey's phone pinged a tower there, while still in the city of Coachella. It's hard to know without seeing the layout of the towers in that area or knowing where her sister lived in the city.

Who does AM or JR know in East Coachella Valley?

Someone familiar with this area commented early on in this thread that in either direction of where the SUV was parked there were exits to fast food restaurants, so why stop in the road? Why not just exit the freeway and stop somewhere you can go inside? Most fast food joints let you use their facilities. He was with his girl. Is he really going to choose the freeway over an indoor location?

Chances seem good that the SUV was left by someone other than Audrey or Jon.

I don't know how reliable scent dogs are in situations like this.

I'm sure this article has been posted before, but it gives the clearest timeline of any of the other articles I read. And it is one of the last articles written to date--

https://patch.com/california/palmdesert/prayer-vigil-set-thursday-missing-couple

Though I'm certain someone else has already done this on the thread, just for review---

1) From the above article, it seems that at around 8 PM on May 10, Audrey was headed to pick up Jon somewhere between Coachella and Imperial County, which would mean she was driving South to get him--

"Moran was believed to have been driving to "an unknown location somewhere between Coachella and Imperial County" to meet him. Reynoso was believed to have been traveling to the Coachella Valley from Brawley on May 10."

(This might explain why Jon wasn't just dropped off at Audrey's home or her sister's home. Whoever he was with, was maybe not going as far as Coachella.)

2) At 8:45 PM her sister gets a text from Audrey's phone. The text is a picture of Audrey and Jon together, but appears to have been taken prior to May 10.

3) And though it's never made clear exactly what time this next occurs, the last ping from Audrey's phone is in East Coachella Valley--which is slightly North of Coachella the city. And on this night she doesn't ping on any other cell towers, either in the direction of Imperial county or Beaumont (where her SUV is eventually found). Per her cell phone pings, Audrey never leaves the area of Coachella Valley.

"
[FONT=&]Moran’s cellphone had not used any cell towers outside the East Coachella Valley on Wednesday and her phone remains off this week with no activity since midnight Wednesday."

[/FONT]

4) Then somehow Audrey's SUV ends up even farther North in Beaumont CA, almost 40 minutes past both her home base in Coachella and Jon's home in Palm Desert. (The vehicle is reported found at 8AM May 11)

"
[FONT=&]Police used On-Star to find Moran’s vehicle, a 2010 GMC Terrain, around 8 a.m. Thursday, May 11, on the westbound side of the 10 Freeway, west of the Oak Valley Parkway offramp. An initial search of the charcoal gray vehicle showed no signs of foul play or forced entry. The vehicle operated normally when started."[/FONT]

6) On first look the vehicle shows no signs of foul play and is parked as if someone did this in a calm and careful manner. (as opposed to being chased down)

7) The last confirmed sighting of Jon appears to be by his roommate on May 10. No report as to what time the roommate last saw Jon, though.

Maybe the radio silence means there is a lead in the case, just not one LE wants to make public.

This is great. One question that bugs me is why are the details so vague? It appears both families are involved and would be inclined to put out clear information. Who is the roommate? Where does he live? Where was the pickup location?
It seems we wouldn't know the details because LE is indeed putting together a case against someone and has asked the families to not reveal information or there was something going on that would diminish public sympathy for the missing? I suspect the first but who knows. Any other possibilities?

East Coachella Valley is adjacent to the city of Coachella--or maybe Coachella is within that area. It's possible Audrey's phone pinged a tower there, while still in the city of Coachella. It's hard to know without seeing the layout of the towers in that area or knowing where her sister lived in the city.
Coachella Valley is actually closer to Palm Desert. If JR lived on country club dr. then the last ping they are getting is actually from his apartment. I find his name spelled Johnathen Reynoso in public records.

East Coachella Valley is South of Coachella. It's in Riverside County. Closer to the area of Brawley.

Coachella Valley is where Palm Desert is.

Possibly a confusion in areas. There is so much that is confusing in this story. The report does specify "EAST Coachella Valley"

Coachella Valley is actually closer to Palm Desert. If JR lived on country club dr. then the last ping they are getting is actually from his apartment. I find his name spelled Johnathen Reynoso in public records.

It's just odd! If i were picking up my bf from an unknown location he would of A) sent me the address and b) it would be in my gps as I'm driving away from my sister's... so maybe she knew where she was going?

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

For me it seems LE is not indicating Coachella Valley the city as the area last ping but the valley as a whole, specifically the eastern portion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it seems LE is not indicating Coachella Valley the city as the area last ping but the valley as a whole, specifically the eastern portion.

That's what it seems like. And if Audrey pinged in the area of East Coachella Valley (which is a very specific area that includes about 4 towns south of the city of Coachella) then she seems to have been headed in the direction she told her sister she was going.

I almost wonder if Audrey was afraid of getting [a] ticket <modsnip> for driving while on her cell phone and wasn't on the phone as she drove to get him.

But apparently there are pings until midnight. Strange.

It's just odd! If i were picking up my bf from an unknown location he would of A) sent me the address and b) it would be in my gps as I'm driving away from my sister's... so maybe she knew where she was going?

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Can anyone post a map of where the city of East Coachella Valley is?

Someone familiar with this area commented early on in this thread that in either direction of where the SUV was parked there were exits to fast food restaurants, so why stop in the road? Why not just exit the freeway and stop somewhere you can go inside? Most fast food joints let you use their facilities. He was with his girl. Is he really going to choose the freeway over an indoor location?

Chances seem good that the SUV was left by someone other than Audrey or Jon.

I don't know how reliable scent dogs are in situations like this.

Well at least one of their scent was left, trailing away from the vehicle. Scent dogs are very good at what they do, it's the handler who will generally make a mistake.

There is a street lamp nearby, so it's not really a darkened portion of road. Although maybe it was out. I can't accept the relieving oneself theory, and then they're just gone.

"

[/FONT]

"

This is a great breakdown. If I may, to borrow from one of my earlier posts.

Reports are that AM's vehicle was located by LE via On Star on the 11th. However AM's family did not report her missing until the early hours of May 12. A witness also reported seeing her vehicle at 6:30 am on the 12th. The original reports are erroneous. So this vehicle was somewhere other than the freeway spot for a full day prior. That would mean AM and JR was as well if we can conclude the 'scents' to be factual. At least one was there anyways.

Most reports are that she was at her sister's house between 8 and 8:45. This leaves a full 3 hours before the phones are shut off. And why are both shut off? How is it they never made it to Jon's home? Maybe the answer lies where they met. I'm thinking she probably met with Jon at a house and things went south in a couple hours, friend or friends being involved. I'm not implicating Jon in that scenario either.

This is the Indio Police Report:

Indio Police Department added 4 new photos.
May 15 at 4:15pm ·

"After an extensive investigation thus far, detailed below are the events that we know regarding the two missing adults Audrey Moran and Jonathan Reynoso:

Audrey was last seen at her sister&#8217;s house on Wednesday, May 10, 2017, between 8:00 p.m. and 8:45 p.m. in the city of Coachella. Audrey stopped at her sister&#8217;s house while driving to meet Jonathan at an unknown location somewhere between Coachella and Imperial County. Based on interviews with friends, we believe that Jonathan may have been travelling from Brawley for an unknown reason.

Jonathan does not drive and was coming from Imperial County with friends. Those friends have not been identified or interviewed. It is believed that Jonathan and Audrey did meet at an unknown location sometime on Wednesday, May 10, 2017. Friends and family tried to contact both Audrey and Jonathan throughout the day and night on Thursday, May 11, 2017. Audrey&#8217;s family reported Audrey missing in the early morning hours of Friday, May 12, 2017.

Using On-Star, IPD officers located the vehicle (2010 GMC Terrain) around 8:00 a.m., on the westbound side of the I-10 west of the Oak Valley Parkway on May 12, 2017. The vehicle was recovered by IPD and the initial search of the vehicle showed no signs of foul play or forced entry. The vehicle was fueled and operated normally when started.

The &#8220;selfie&#8221; photo that was sent from Audrey&#8217;s phone was not taken on Wednesday, May 10, 2017, as originally thought. It was sent to a family member on Wednesday, May 10, 2017, but it is unknown when the actual photo was taken. Audrey&#8217;s cell phone records indicate her phone did not use any cell towers outside of the East Coachella Valley on Wednesday, May 10, 2017. Audrey&#8217;s phone is still off and there has been no activity since midnight Wednesday, May 10, 2017.

Detectives continue to follow-up on all leads old and new. The investigation is considered open and on-going. Currently there are no obvious sign of foul play and this case is being considered an attempt to locate Audrey Moran and Jonathan Reynoso. IPD is asking for widest dissemination of this information and any help the public can provide. All updates to this situation will be sent through the IPD Twitter account - @DmarshallDan.

Anyone with any information is requested to contact 911, their local police agency or the Indio Police Department (760-391-4051)."

Other than that the SUV is found the morning of the 12th, there's nothing else we really know for certain. Right?

We are just guessing at this point.

This is a great breakdown. If I may, to borrow from one of my earlier posts.

Reports are that AM's vehicle was located by LE via On Star on the 11th. However AM's family did not report her missing until the early hours of May 12. A witness also reported seeing her vehicle at 6:30 am on the 12th. The original reports are erroneous. So this vehicle was somewhere other than the freeway spot for a full day prior. That would mean AM and JR was as well if we can conclude the 'scents' to be factual. At least one was there anyways.

Most reports are that she was at her sister's house between 8 and 8:45. This leaves a full 3 hours before the phones are shut off. And why are both shut off? How is it they never made it to Jon's home? Maybe the answer lies where they met. I'm thinking she probably met with Jon at a house and things went south in a couple hours, friend or friends being involved. I'm not implicating Jon in that scenario either.

Does any CCTV exist on any of the roadways? Were there any toll areas in the area that they could have passed through. How about convenient stores,CCTV there to see if they stopped for a soda or snack?

Can anyone post a map of where the city of East Coachella Valley is?

If you are looking at a map of the Coachella Valley, from left to right, the towns go Palm Desert, Indio, Coachella, Thermal, Mecca, Desert Shores.
IMO Palm Desert is considered central Coachella Valley. Anything right of the city of Indio would be considered east Coachella Valley. Once you get to Desert Shores you are halfway to Brawley, and that is no longer within the Coachella Valley.
I saw that someone had posted a while back that they looked at where our local cell towers were, and that there was one in Thermal, but not another until you got to Desert Shores, which seems correct. That area isn't very populated, as it is mainly agricultural. I'm not sure how many cell towers "Eastern Coachella Valley" actually has, but it seems like a rather vague term for anything right of Indio. The city of Coachella is heavily populated, but once you go east of that it gets very rural. AM could have honestly pinged at one of several towers within her hometown. Or she pinged at the last tower leaving town on her way to Brawley...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme