Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Moran and Reynoso were last seen on May 10, when Moran spent time with her sister and Reynoso with his roommate.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...g-audrey-moran-jon-reynoso-darling/338016001/

So JR does have a roommate. But was it the roommate the last to actually see him before leaving for Brawley with friends, or was the roommate a part of those friends?
The roommate must have come forward to let someone know he had seen JR some time that day. Those poor families. :(

The roommate must have come forward to let someone know he had seen JR some time that day. Those poor families. :(

That was kind of my thought. Then again, there is no other corroboration from this roommate in the media, like "JR's roommate said he never saw him or his girlfriend at the home that night". Obviously, the roommate maybe told LE he last saw JR on the 10th, heading to Brawley. I wonder if LE found that his phone did or did not actually ping anywhere near Brawley. It could be why they are so silent about his phone info.

Or maybe it was the roommate who was using JR's phone to text AM. Maybe he really was the last to see him. And that odd pic sent to AM's sister taken the day before. Just seems to me as an attempt to throw her off. Or to cloud some perception.

I'm curious about something..... if it's never been verified that AM made it to Palm Desert, why isn't the title showing Coachella as the last known location? After she left Coachella she could have gone to Brawley, Indio,or Beaumont. We don't know where she went.

I'm curious about something..... if it's never been verified that AM made it to Palm Desert, why isn't the title showing Coachella as the last known location? After she left Coachella she could have gone to Brawley, Indio,or Beaumont. We don't know where she went.
assuming you mean the title of the thread showing Palm Desert, the title is created with post #1 so it's based on very early info and I believe only mods can change it if alerted to do so.

From the article first posted that was my best guess at last known/seen location. I may have failed in my choice.
It is last seen location?

From the article first posted that was my best guess at last known/seen location. I may have failed in my choice.
It is last seen location?
As far as I know, she left her sister's house in Coachella and then disappeared. We haven't heard where JR was actually last seen by his roommate.

As far as I know, she left her sister's house in Coachella and then disappeared. We haven't heard where JR was actually last seen by his roommate.
It's been a while and I did struggle with what to post but I believe..
My last seen location was from the selfie taken of them which we later learned it appeared to not be taken that night.
Possibly a mod will change to Coachella if someone asks.
If y'all want me to ask let me know.

Some things about this disappearance stand out for me—

If you are taking the expressway from Brawley, you travel right through Coachella. So why was Audrey Moran going somewhere else to p/u Jon Reynoso (Darling)? Why didn’t whoever was driving Jon drop him off at Audrey’s sister’s house? That home couldn't have been too far out of the way.

There had to have been a meeting place planned. And maybe a separate meeting place was planned for a reason. Maybe there was a get together, Audrey didn't want to mention to her family for some reason. A house party... Since Audrey’s last ping is in East Coachella then she probably never left that area (of her own accord).

They are both missing, both have phones that are powered down around the same time, so the chances that they didn’t get together seem slim.

So assuming all the above means anything (and isn’t just random and unrelated speculation) my guess would be that Audrey went to pick Jon up at a residence, and it might be that there was a house party, or a gathering at the pick-up spot OR they went somewhere else, to someone’s home.

The way the SUV was left, and where it was left, seem more as if the driver wanted to get that vehicle away from the scene of whatever happened, and parked the vehicle where there was the least chance of surveillance and of being seen--low lit area, not well traveled at night...

They both strike me as very responsible and kind people. <modsnip>

And Audrey seems to have been helping get him around without complaint. So she's a great girlfriend. They appear to be very sweet, thoughtful people.

Wrong place, wrong time, probably. If something bad happened to these two, it could have been something as ridiculous as a fight at a house party that escalated and got out of control. But everything points to Coachella (and this city has had some issues with gang activity and crime). My bet is something went down there, or near to there.

(Where did Audrey live, by the way? With her parents?)

LE must not be in possession of their phones. If they had these, they might have been able to glean more info from them.

Some things about this disappearance stand out for me&#8212;

If you are taking I-10 from Brawley, you travel right through Coachella. So why was Audrey Moran going somewhere else to p/u Jon Reynoso (Darling)? Why didn&#8217;t whoever was driving Jon drop him off at Audrey&#8217;s sister&#8217;s house? That home couldn't have been too far out of the way.

There had to have been a meeting place planned. And maybe a separate meeting place was planned for a reason. Maybe there was a get together, Audrey didn't want to mention to her family for some reason. A house party... Since Audrey&#8217;s last ping is in East Coachella then she probably never left that area (of her own accord).

I've pondered about this in another post. Maybe Jon (or whoever was texting her) did not for some reason want to see/meet her sister. Jon was a pretty popular guy with an outgoing personality and seems out of character for him. But all the reports are that she was to pick him up at some location and they were to go to his house or she was to give him a ride. Then there is the strange selfie pic sent around midnight with the phone "powering down".

Was the selfie sent at midnight?

I've pondered about this in another post. Maybe Jon (or whoever was texting her) did not for some reason want to see/meet her sister. Jon was a pretty popular guying with an outgoing personality and seems out of character for him. But all the reports are that she was to pick him up at some location and they were to go to his house or she was to give him a ride. Then there is the strange selfie pic sent around midnight with the phone "powering down".

Was the selfie sent at midnight?

Yes, I think so. Although I've re-read through most of the media reports on this today that my head is swimming. But I'm almost positive I read that in one report.

I'm reading now that the sister received it at 8:45 but other reports are that AM was at her sister's from 8-8:45.

I wonder how LE decided on midnight as the hour that the phones powered down.

Yes, I think so. Although I've re-read through most of the media reports on this today that my head is swimming. But I'm almost positive I read that in one report.

I'm reading now that the sister received it at 8:45 but other reports are that AM was at her sister's from 8-8:45.

I wonder how LE decided on midnight as the hour that the phones powered down.

Yep. Also in another report, LE couldn't confirm JR went to Brawley, which might mean they have ping information to indicate he didn't leave the Coachella Valley?

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...g-audrey-moran-jon-reynoso-darling/338016001/

"Moran told her family that Reynoso was returning from a trip to Brawley with friends, but investigators have not confirmed that, Marshall said. Later, Moran sent a photo of herself and Reynoso to her sister."

This would be really soon for LE to have ping data. They would have to get a warrant for that---Maybe that's what they did. Could be how they know about the powering down of the phones.

Interesting.

Yep. Also in another report, LE couldn't confirm JR went to Brawley, which might mean they have ping information to indicate he didn't leave the Coachella Valley?

This would be really soon for LE to have ping data. They would have to get a warrant for that---Maybe that's what they did. Could be how they know about the powering down of the phones.

Interesting.

I believe they had the ping data in the first few days of the Mcstay case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know when they had this in the McStay case. But LE must have ping data on Audrey and Jon. They even mention the last ping on Audrey's phone, is Coachella. And that's the only way that they would know when the phones suddenly were not pinging anymore.

Because it's pretty clear that they don't have Jon and Audrey's actual phones--phones are missing as well. LE must know a lot more than they are sharing with the public.

I believe they had the ping data in the first week of the Mcstay case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post have been removed. Please read the rules linked in my signature. Particularly the section regarding posts from social media and what is or is NOT allowed.

Even "Find" type pages from Facebook require prior permission from administrator before being discussed here. And comments from random citizens are not allowed under any circumstance.

Discuss the case, leave social media comments at the door please. If the discussion of Facebook find page drama continues it will result in a loss of posting privileges.

Has there been any press conference or anything? I feel like so little is know here. Just heart breaking.

Is there a reward?

Someone has got to know something!!

I'm sure this article has been posted before, but it gives the clearest timeline of any of the other articles I read. And it is one of the last articles written to date--

https://patch.com/california/palmdesert/prayer-vigil-set-thursday-missing-couple

Though I'm certain someone else has already done this on the thread, just for review---

1) From the above article, it seems that at around 8 PM on May 10, Audrey was headed to pick up Jon somewhere between Coachella and Imperial County, which would mean she was driving South to get him--

"Moran was believed to have been driving to "an unknown location somewhere between Coachella and Imperial County" to meet him. Reynoso was believed to have been traveling to the Coachella Valley from Brawley on May 10."

(This might explain why Jon wasn't just dropped off at Audrey's home or her sister's home. Whoever he was with, was maybe not going as far as Coachella.)

2) At 8:45 PM her sister gets a text from Audrey's phone. The text is a picture of Audrey and Jon together, but appears to have been taken prior to May 10.

3) And though it's never made clear exactly what time this next occurs, the last ping from Audrey's phone is in East Coachella Valley--which is slightly North of Coachella the city. And on this night she doesn't ping on any other cell towers, either in the direction of Imperial county or Beaumont (where her SUV is eventually found). Per her cell phone pings, Audrey never leaves the area of Coachella Valley.

"
[FONT=&amp]Moran&#8217;s cellphone had not used any cell towers outside the East Coachella Valley on Wednesday and her phone remains off this week with no activity since midnight Wednesday."

[/FONT]
http://www.pe.com/2017/05/15/search-continues-for-missing-coachella-couple/

4) Then somehow Audrey's SUV ends up even farther North in Beaumont CA, almost 40 minutes past both her home base in Coachella and Jon's home in Palm Desert. (The vehicle is reported found at 8AM May 11)

"
[FONT=&amp]Police used On-Star to find Moran&#8217;s vehicle, a 2010 GMC Terrain, around 8 a.m. Thursday, May 11, on the westbound side of the 10 Freeway, west of the Oak Valley Parkway offramp. An initial search of the charcoal gray vehicle showed no signs of foul play or forced entry. The vehicle operated normally when started."[/FONT]

http://www.pe.com/2017/05/15/search-continues-for-missing-coachella-couple/

5) Scent dog picks up both their scents outside the vehicle.

6) On first look the vehicle shows no signs of foul play and is parked as if someone did this in a calm and careful manner. (as opposed to being chased down)

7) The last confirmed sighting of Jon appears to be by his roommate on May 10. No report as to what time the roommate last saw Jon, though.

No more news for the last few days...

Maybe the radio silence means there is a lead in the case, just not one LE wants to make public.

Quiet.. .

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members