Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coachella and the surrounding area have infinite places to dispose of a body so that it would never be found. Add to that that there are THOUSANDS of abandoned mines out in the desert and these two factors are the main reasons I am highly skeptical these two made it to Beaumont that night, despite what the tracking dog indicated. If someone had ill intentions toward Audrey and/or Jonathan, it would make more sense to handle things out in the desert versus going toward LA (their direction relative to where Audrey was last seen). Where her car was located is certainly not in the middle of nowhere and the further west you head on I-10, the heavier populated it is.

That makes a lot of sense. We don't know what Jonathan's phone was doing, other than powering down. But Audrey's phone did not ping outside the East Coachella Valley on the 10th. And that places her either in Coachella or south of Coachella, traveling in the direction of Brawley. She doesn't appear to have been going in the direction of either Beaumont or Palm Desert.

Audrey told her sister she was picking up Jonathan who was coming from Brawley, so it makes sense that whatever happened to them, was, at the very least, initiated near to where her phone last pings.

The way her SUV was parked, it would appear that the passenger side would have been difficult to exit. It really looks more like a dump, than a deliberate stop.

I have to wonder if they aren't still, very close to Coachella.

That makes a lot of sense. We don't know what Jonathan's phone was doing, other than powering down. But Audrey's phone did not ping outside the East Coachella Valley on the 10th. And that places her either in Coachella or south of Coachella, traveling in the direction of Brawley. She doesn't appear to have been going in the direction of either Beaumont or Palm Desert.

Audrey told her sister she was picking up Jonathan who was coming from Brawley, so it makes sense that whatever happened to them, was, at the very least, initiated near to where her phone last pings.

The way her SUV was parked, it would appear that the passenger side would have been difficult to exit. It really looks more like a dump, than a deliberate stop.

I have to wonder if they aren't still, very close to Coachella.

My gut says Coachella. I know the dogs supposedly picked up a scent/their scents at the abandoned vehicle, but I am not sold. Dogs have been proven wrong before and there are lots of reasons why it could be an unreliable scent detection. I am a huge believer in dogs' abilities but this time I am having a difficult time believing they were there.

My gut says Coachella. I know the dogs supposedly picked up a scent/their scents at the abandoned vehicle, but I am not sold. Dogs have been proven wrong before and there are lots of reasons why it could be an unreliable scent detection. I am a huge believer in dogs' abilities but this time I am having a difficult time believing they were there.

I've never been to Coachella, but there appears to be this area in the southern part of the city, near Avenue 52 and Highway 111 that might be dicey--or was at least designated as known gang territory last year (this per an injunction sought against the Vario Coachella Rifa ), and it is certainly industrial--and looks as if it might be desolate after working hours. One of the large cell towers in the area is located there.

Purely speculative, but it seems that this might have been a road taken by Audrey if she were picking Jonathan up on his return from farther south. If you were going to happen on trouble, that might be a vulnerable location for it to happen.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/2736699/Gang-Injunction.pdf

Again, throwing spaghetti against the wall here.

There is an electronic billboard sign for these two that just went up.

I live in Palm Desert, there have been no updates on the local news. This seems very strange to me. Somebody must know something for the local media to not be involved. I am "hoping" that this is a voluntary disappearance even though that doesn't seem likely. I would think if LE was inclined to think this was a criminal investigation the media would be all over it. There is really not a lot of interesting local news out here, especially in the summer when the snowbirds have all left.

Audrey left to go pick up Jonathan. Where was the exact meeting place? I'm sure LE knows this by now from phone records.

I am thinking Jonathan was not alone. Either Audrey didn't know this would be the case OR she left that part out when mentioning it to her sister.

I believe the exact meeting place may break open this case with leads.

http://www.kesq.com/news/reward-offered-as-search-for-missing-couple-approaches-one-month/533185237

I'm glad the families are offering a reward. Sadly, money is the only motivation for some people to come forward, and I hope they do.

Whatever keeps this case in the public eye!

It may be too soon, but I hope the family will reach out to the various shows that feature these types of cases-Dateline, ID... Given how open ended this disappearance is, state or national coverage might prove invaluable.

I think about this young couple every day. There are so many weird things, especially the image sent to AM's sister. What could have possibly happened? In my gut, I still think their disappearance is related to the people JR had been spending time with that day. Did they ever find out who he was with and was he actually in Brawley that day?

I think about this young couple every day. There are so many weird things, especially the image sent to AM's sister. What could have possibly happened? In my gut, I still think their disappearance is related to the people JR had been spending time with that day. Did they ever find out who he was with and was he actually in Brawley that day?
I hear ya GigTu, I feel the same way. There must be some explanation...
I can't find the article but I think there was one from about a week ago that said those "friends" have yet to be identified or why he'd be in Brawley to begin with.

Has there been any news at all regarding forensics results of her car?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I know he did not have a reputation as such, but maybe he somehow got involved in something illegal (ie drug sales) due to his unemployment but rationalized in some way (its only mj... or something like that) I hope that is not the case :(

I know he did not have a reputation as such, but maybe he somehow got involved in something illegal (ie drug sales) due to his unemployment but rationalized in some way (its only mj... or something like that) I hope that is not the case :(

It's also possible that these two just ran into a bad situation. Or that someone they knew from their childhood, who they trusted, isn't who they thought they were...

So many possibilities.

could be as simple as they needed to use her car :(

It's also possible that these two just ran into a bad situation. Or that someone they knew from their childhood, who they trusted, isn't who they thought they were...

So many possibilities.

I hear ya GigTu, I feel the same way. There must be some explanation...
I can't find the article but I think there was one from about a week ago that said those "friends" have yet to be identified or why he'd be in Brawley to begin with.

Has there been any news at all regarding forensics results of her car?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

BBM: This is what I'd like to know as well.

Should I try asking a mod to fix the last seen location? ...as it was loosely based on the photo location sent which we now know wasn't taken that night.

I just saw the most recent episode of Disappeared: A Bridge Too Far, about missing persons Richard Petrone and Danielle Imbo. They also went missing as they were out together one night.

It just made me thing about the fact that we imagine if a couple is together, they are unlikely to be a victim of random crime, but I really think that this may be what happened to both couples--which could be why these cases are so hard to solve.

It may take someone seeking a plea deal to get at the truth.

I just saw the most recent episode of Disappeared: A Bridge Too Far, about missing persons Richard Petrone and Danielle Imbo. They also went missing as they were out together one night.

It just made me thing about the fact that we imagine if a couple is together, they are unlikely to be a victim of random crime, but I really think that this may be what happened to both couples--which could be why these cases are so hard to solve.

It may take someone seeking a plea deal to get at the truth.
I'm not too sure of all the details of that case, but this one seems more troubling in that her car was left behind along with her handbag. If I'm not mistaken, in Petrone/Imbo their vehicle was never located right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member