Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One more thought on this. Given that Jonathan was on a wifi service, than you make an interesting point, the time of his last text may indicate what time he actually left his apartment.

I wonder if LE can figure out anything from the routers he used as he traveled around.

Just to clarify, "service" or a "plan" is not required at all for wifi-only use. As long as there's an inactive SIM in your phone you'll be able to use wifi (phone has to recognize a SIM is inserted). There are no bills or service provider involved. I'm not sure if it works for all phones, though I know Android has apps that allow text and iPhone uses iMessage. Both my kids have this function on their (older version) iphones but cannot make phone calls.

I'm not sure what data can be extracted from the router at home but maybe you're onto something with that! It would be great if they could determine a tighter window of what time he left.

Just to clarify, "service" or a "plan" is not required at all for wifi-only use. As long as there's an inactive SIM in your phone you'll be able to use wifi (phone has to recognize a SIM is inserted). There are no bills or service provider involved. I'm not sure if it works for all phones, though I know Android has apps that allow text and iPhone uses iMessage. Both my kids have this function on their (older version) iphones but cannot make phone calls.

I'm not sure what data can be extracted from the router at home but maybe you're onto something with that! It would be great if they could determine a tighter window of what time he left.

Knowing that Jonathan saw his roommate or rather that his roommate saw him at 4pm, places him at home in Palm Desert at that time.

The 6pm call to Dominoes means he was probably still at home then, as well.

So there really is this short window of time between the Dominoes call and when Audrey expected to pick him up--three hours tops--where it's uncertain where he was, and we don't know when all communication ended with his friends that night, only that it ended at night.

I think through IP addresses LE can tell (if they execute a warrant to the chat program or maybe even the app he used) what internet connection Jonathan was using. If he was home the IP address would be more stagnant. If he hooked up to the internet, say at a coffee shop, that should show up. So if he used only his home internet, then poof, nothing more, that might be telling. Not sure.

I don't think Jonathan was ever in Brawley. I keep wondering if this was a mistake in understanding. Texts, can be confusing sometimes. Maybe Jonathan meant, he was with a friend who was from Brawley.

The Brawley thing may be a complete red herring.

I must have missed the info about Jonathan's phone being only wifi capable. That's seems even more confusing how he was able to communicate with Audrey that night if he was supposedly driving back from Brawley.

Was the pizza actually delivered to Jonathan? Or was it that he ordered a pizza and he wasn't there when the pizza delivery person came?

Brawley is 1.5 hrs away from where he lives so I can't imagine he would go all the way out there just to hang out for an hour or two after his pizza was delivered. With no car and no working phone. It just doesn't make much sense, unless he was doing something out there to make some money.
We dnt know if he ever received the pizza

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Knowing that Jonathan saw his roommate or rather that his roommate saw him at 4pm, places him at home in Palm Desert at that time.

The 6pm call to Dominoes means he was probably still at home then, as well.

So there really is this short window of time between the Dominoes call and when Audrey expected to pick him up--three hours tops--where it's uncertain where he was, and we don't know when all communication ended with his friends that night, only that it ended at night.

I think through IP addresses LE can tell (if they execute a warrant to the chat program or maybe even the app he used) what internet connection Jonathan was using. If he was home the IP address would be more stagnant. If he hooked up to the internet, say at a coffee shop, that should show up. So if he used only his home internet, then poof, nothing more, that might be telling. Not sure.

I don't think Jonathan was ever in Brawley. I keep wondering if this was a mistake in understanding. Texts, can be confusing sometimes. Maybe Jonathan meant, he was with a friend who was from Brawley.

The Brawley thing may be a complete red herring.

Was it 4 PM? I only heard that she left for work in the afternoon. Regardless, she obviously didn't know about this trip to Brawley which makes this supposed special trip peculiar. Brawley Probably didn't happen. Maybe when JR ordered the pizza he was with someone, who was from Brawley and maybe that someone used JR's phone to lure AM out. Sorry if I sound like a broken record.

6 PM Pizza. Pre-8 PM text for pickup. 8:45 - 9ish pickup, perhaps even later depending on how far AM still had to drive, although it seems like it was soon after 9 considering AM (or someone) was texting her mother back with the pic. If JR did go with someone to Brawley, he could make it but would literally be turning right back around to make the time frame but to do so makes no sense.

What if..... the pizza guy is the perp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also threw this out there after the interview. I assume it would be very easy for Le to find out who the delivery guy was and if he has since changed appearance or habits or what not... this may be something that they are holding and not letting us know

I ran across this case a couple of days ago and have spent hours reading every post in this thread and have finally caught up. I have enjoyed the insight and perspective so many have had, but especially the locals and those close to the case.

One common thread I observed in many many posts is the amount of LE on the road, Sheriff's cruisers, etc. Is it possible they were pulled over by someone impersonating a police officer? The car looks like someone carefully pulled over, rather than someone forcing them off the road. If they saw lights behind them and they pulled off to the side of the road, the perpetrator could have swung in front of them which would make at least the driver probably get out which would put them in front of the car.

Whatever the case, this is baffling and disheartening for it to go on this long.

Was it 4 PM? I only heard that she left for work in the afternoon. Regardless, she obviously didn't know about this trip to Brawley which makes this supposed special trip peculiar. Brawley Probably didn't happen. Maybe when JR ordered the pizza he was with someone, who was from Brawley and maybe that someone used JR's phone to lure AM out. Sorry if I sound like a broken record.

6 PM Pizza. Pre-8 PM text for pickup. 8:45 - 9ish pickup, perhaps even later depending on how far AM still had to drive, although it seems like it was soon after 9 considering AM (or someone) was texting her mother back with the pic. If JR did go with someone to Brawley, he could make it but would literally be turning right back around to make the time frame but to do so makes no sense.
I haven't seen confined 4pm or 8pm a pickup text was sent

I ran across this case a couple of days ago and have spent hours reading every post in this thread and have finally caught up. I have enjoyed the insight and perspective so many have had, but especially the locals and those close to the case.

One common thread I observed in many many posts is the amount of LE on the road, Sheriff's cruisers, etc. Is it possible they were pulled over by someone impersonating a police officer? The car looks like someone carefully pulled over, rather than someone forcing them off the road. If they saw lights behind them and they pulled off to the side of the road, the perpetrator could have swung in front of them which would make at least the driver probably get out which would put them in front of the car.

Whatever the case, this is baffling and disheartening for it to go on this long.

This theory has been brought up a couple times here. I suppose it's possible, but a couple things that make me doubt it:

#1 The last cell phone ping from Audrey's phone was from the East Coachella Valley and Beaumont (where the car was found) is over an hour from there so i believe whatever happened to them happened somewhere in the Coachella Valley.

#2- Why in the world would they be driving to Beaumont that late at night? And without telling anyone of these plans? Just doesn't make sense to me.

It seems more like the car was ditched there for some reason and by the way it was parked on the shoulder of the freeway, the person who left it there either wanted it to be found or didn't care to bother hiding it.

I agree even without leads. The closest bodies of waters should have been checked as well as other "suspicious areas" such as the reservations though I'm sure there is only so much they can do there

The closest body of water would be the Salton Sea. It is almost 350 square miles, that would be an extremely daunting task to undertake. Where would they begin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also threw this out there after the interview. I assume it would be very easy for Le to find out who the delivery guy was and if he has since changed appearance or habits or what not... this may be something that they are holding and not letting us know

I get the feeling that whoever caused their disappearance knew at least one of Audrey or Jonathan. This case just seems too complex to be a random situation, imo.

I looked back and I'm not sure where I got the 4pm time. Usually I don't remember something this specific, if I didn't see it--but can't find the reference.

The roommate did say afternoon, so this could be anywhere from 1 - 4, I guess. Then there is the pizza order at 6. And the reason I take that pizza order seriously is that it seems that JDR's mother references it in her timeline of him, in the first interview with KMIR--when she says that the only way JDR could have gone to Brawley and come back, was if he flew. It seemed by that statement that she believed he did order the pizza. But this is an inference made by me. She never clarifies this.

On the McStay family disappearance there was the vehicle captured on a neighbor's surveillance, that was thought to be the McStay Trooper. Only after an arrest is made, over 3 years later do we find out that the vehicle captured leaving could NOT have been the Trooper. This one piece of erroneous information had on-line sleuths looking in the wrong direction for years.

What I've noticed in a lot of these missing person's cases is that for whatever reason, trying to pin down a fact and verify it, is almost a fool's errand.

I have a feeling Brawley, may be the McStay Trooper sighting of this case.

Brawley just doesn't fit in.

However, if JDR is unemployed at this time. Watching his pennies very carefully, then he really may have stayed home all afternoon. Ordered a pizza and then went out for some reason. When I've been broke, usually going out meant going to a friend's place. So I wonder if he did land at someone's home. Maybe a new friend, met recently, not on anyone's radar...

But again, JDR's activities, before meeting up with Audrey, may turn out to be irrelevant to the disappearance. There are just so many unknowns.

This theory has been brought up a couple times here. I suppose it's possible, but a couple things that make me doubt it:

#1 The last cell phone ping from Audrey's phone was from the East Coachella Valley and Beaumont (where the car was found) is over an hour from there so i believe whatever happened to them happened somewhere in the Coachella Valley.

#2- Why in the world would they be driving to Beaumont that late at night? And without telling anyone of these plans? Just doesn't make sense to me.

It seems more like the car was ditched there for some reason and by the way it was parked on the shoulder of the freeway, the person who left it there either wanted it to be found or didn't care to bother hiding it.

Yeah I saw a couple of people mention it and that was my first thought when I just knew the basics of the case. I didn't see any real discussion on it though so was wondering if there had been any problems with that in the past in that area. You're probably right though about the car being ditched.

I will say I send pictures all the time to people with no text, but its made me rethink that!

I mean personally being around the same age as Audrey I go places with my boyfriend without telling anybody we can randomly made a spur-of-the-moment trip 15 30 minutes even an hour away if we needed to go out there.... another thing that I don't get is that if the perp was abandoning the car yeah why would they do it in such an open area where the vehicle would be found and bring light to the situation why would they not hide it as where they hid the bodies or what not unless they were driving it to a location to get hidden and OnStar freaked them out and they were forced to leave it because I think even if they were exchanging victims from one car to another why would they leave it in such an open area or do in such an open area there's so many more areas where could be done and maybe it was just to throw people off maybe Beaumont nor Brawley have anything to do with it they could be right in their own backyard

I get the feeling that whoever caused their disappearance knew at least one of Audrey or Jonathan. This case just seems too complex to be a random situation, imo.
I actually know of a personal situation where the delivery man did actually Rob the customer and kidnap them it didn't go on for this long but it was an actual situation so that could have been the starting point maybe things went left maybe this case became way too big and they had no choice but to dispose of them I don't know I know that's probably just a very off theory but I think it is possible

I actually know of a personal situation where the delivery man did actually Rob the customer and kidnap them it didn't go on for this long but it was an actual situation so that could have been the starting point maybe things went left maybe this case became way too big and they had no choice but to dispose of them I don't know I know that's probably just a very off theory but I think it is possible

Yeah maybe that could've happened if they were both at Jon's house, but Audrey was way over in Coachella when Jon supposedly stopped responding to his friends' messages. Unless someone jumped/kidnapped them wherever they met up that night, if Jonathan actually did go to Brawley, then I don't see this being random. Just my opinion though.

I mean personally being around the same age as Audrey I go places with my boyfriend without telling anybody we can randomly made a spur-of-the-moment trip 15 30 minutes even an hour away if we needed to go out there.... another thing that I don't get is that if the perp was abandoning the car yeah why would they do it in such an open area where the vehicle would be found and bring light to the situation why would they not hide it as where they hid the bodies or what not unless they were driving it to a location to get hidden and OnStar freaked them out and they were forced to leave it because I think even if they were exchanging victims from one car to another why would they leave it in such an open area or do in such an open area there's so many more areas where could be done and maybe it was just to throw people off maybe Beaumont nor Brawley have anything to do with it they could be right in their own backyard

I see what you're saying about a lot of young couples taking a spontaneous outing/trip, but I don't think this was the case here. Didn't reports say the last cell ping was in East CV and her phone powered off around midnight? And by the time she actually picked Jonathan up it'd be after 9:00, then it would take them over an hour to get to Beaumont. So by then it would be past 10:00 (at the earliest). Didn't the news special say Audrey had class the next day? It guess it's POSSiBLE, but I think unlikely that they willingly went to Beaumont at that hour.

I wonder if Jonathan's house was ever treated as a crime scene I mean like check for fingerprints blood stains any type of Foul Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member