Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I know the day has already been discussed of when taken. In older posts on here say this was likely taken on x-day based on the game on tv in background <modsnip>

It's not so much the day that matters IMO it's who they were with and maybe what was discussed? Not really sure it's just been on my mind.

Folks, please do not sleuth off limits SM pages/accounts and post photos and/or your findings here.

Take some time to familiarize yourselves with the Social Media Rules, as it is your responsibility to know and post in accordance with them.

Posts have been removed.

Continuing to post with a disregard for the rules will result in a loss of posting privileges.

:tyou:

My first post...this is the case that lead me here since the case is fairly local to me. Just drove past the spot where they found her car and it leaves my mind racing with a million different scenarios, none that make 100% sense given what we know. There is so much foliage along with abandoned buildings in the area, but I would hope that the area has been completely searched...even with the scent ending and the possibility they got into another car...there is an offramp very close to the location that leads to some pretty desolate areas. Anyhow, this case has been on my mind every single day since I heard about it and I'm just hoping something comes up soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Kitty Alvarado KMIR FB

"I posted this a few days ago but I am reposting about Riverside County Sheriff's Department taking over the case ... the fact that Central Homicide is the dept handling it DOES NOT mean they're dead. It's because that's where the detectives and resources are ... it says this in the release and it's standard procedure ... they don't have a large missing persons' bureau. Thank you RSO & for your work to #FindJonathanAndAudrey. & thank you Indio Police Department for everything you did to help. Continued prayers! Please call if you have info: (760)-393-3544"

Some thoughts after going back and musing over the recent interviews.

We had 2 reports, one of their scents tracked west of the vehicle, the other only JR's scent tracked into a field. Now the reporter stated that both scents were tracked into the field (embankment). This would seem to be the most viable info as it coincides with the other similar report. I know this is not really a new clue but why were they 50 feet up the hill and where were they for all of Thursday? And why Beaumont?

As I've said before, I was under the impression JR went to Brawley earlier in the day. JR's mother's statement about the pizza being ordered, she said there was no way he could do that, go to Brawley and be back by 9. Now that I think about, maybe it wasn't JR who was using his card. Was JR really home then?

The texts between AM (or her phone) and her mom are still curious. I wish we knew the times and places for these exchanges. "I'm with Jonathon". But if someone other than AM had her phone.....people at times when they are lying will use an ounce of truth, maybe she really was with Jonathon, just not in a good way.

I posted this before. If you scroll down a bit it talks about how the scent sticks to wet grass best. The dog will trail up into grasses, not necessarily the trail a person walks. The article gives the example of a dog going up into lawns rather than down a sidewalk. Made me think perhaps the reports of a track up the embankment was just from scent traveling w wind and possible rain/dew over time. So both reports of scents could be accurate, but not both are relevant necessarily if that makes sense.
http://www.missingpetpartnership.org/lost-pet-help/find-a-pet-detective/how-long-can-scent-survive/

I keep checking for updates. Where are these 2 beautiful people??

Just reviewing the KMIR clip again. If Audrey's mother actually spoke, not just texted, but in fact spoke, with Audrey after Audrey met up with Jonathan, and Audrey's phone never pings outside the East Coachella Valley, then what ever happened, seems to have happened right after that phone call.

If the call is at around 9, and Audrey's phone is never used again, this seems most likely.

That's kind of stating the obvious, I know, but then you have Audrey's SUV abandoned in the direction of Las Vegas, rather than the direction of Brawley or the Mexican border--I don't know why, but for some reason I feel the answer to this case lies in Las Vegas. That someone from that region came into the Coachella Valley, did what they did, and headed back home, getting rid of the SUV on the way.

Nothing of monetary value was taken from these two, either. The SUV was pretty new.

So why were these two targeted? I really believe this was a crime of opportunity, and that J & A probably didn't know their attackers, unless it was a very superficial acquaintance (this because I'm sure their close acquaintances have already been cleared by this time).

Have there been any other crimes like this, anywhere else between Brawley and Las Vegas? The person/s who did this, probably have done this type of thing before. Maybe not down to every detail, but something like it. What about other missing person's cases in this region. Are there any that are at all similar?

The nature of the abduction and the absence of evidence, it really seems like whoever was involved, has a good deal of criminal experience. But this crime does not have monetary gain as an objective. Maybe Audrey was the prize.

Maybe the focus should be on sexual predators. Jonathan may just have been present, but not the target at all. Perhaps Audrey was the focus. And if that is true, than crimes against other women in the region might open up the door to more suspects.

https://www.facebook.com/KMIRNews/v...0&app_id=1523472997959746&live_video_guests=0

Just reviewing the KMIR clip again. If Audrey's mother actually spoke, not just texted, but in fact spoke, with Audrey after Audrey met up with Jonathan, and Audrey's phone never pings outside the East Coachella Valley, then what ever happened, seems to have happened right after that phone call.

If the call is at around 9, and Audrey's phone is never used again, this seems most likely.

That's kind of stating the obvious, I know, but then you have Audrey's SUV abandoned in the direction of Las Vegas, rather than the direction of Brawley or the Mexican border--I don't know why, but for some reason I feel the answer to this case lies in Las Vegas. That someone from that region came into the Coachella Valley, did what they did, and headed back home, getting rid of the SUV on the way.

Nothing of monetary value was taken from these two, either. The SUV was pretty new.

So why were these two targeted? I really believe this was a crime of opportunity, and that J & A probably didn't know their attackers, unless it was a very superficial acquaintance (this because I'm sure their close acquaintances have already been cleared by this time).

Have there been any other crimes like this, anywhere else between Brawley and Las Vegas? The person/s who did this, probably have done this type of thing before. Maybe not down to every detail, but something like it. What about other missing person's cases in this region. Are there any that are at all similar?

The nature of the abduction and the absence of evidence, it really seems like whoever was involved, has a good deal of criminal experience. But this crime does not have monetary gain as an objective. Maybe Audrey was the prize.

Maybe the focus should be on sexual predators. Jonathan may just have been present, but not the target at all. Perhaps Audrey was the focus. And if that is true, than crimes against other women in the region might open up the door to more suspects.

https://www.facebook.com/KMIRNews/v...0&app_id=1523472997959746&live_video_guests=0

That's an interesting thought...the only thing is that there are much shorter routes from Indio/Coachella to LV through the desert. I'm a local and we usually drive up through Yucca Valley past Joshua Tree National Park through the Mojave preserve. It's a lot of back roads but that's the way most locals go I'd say. There's also another route that starts in Indio and goes up the hills past Bullhead City. I believe it's the 40. Either way, those routes are faster than taking the I-10 all the way through San Bernardino to the 15. If the person who left Audrey's car in Beaumont was headed to Vegas, it's possible they needed to stop somewhere else out that direction, thus traveling the I-15 route.

This starts with Jonathon and ends with Audrey. I'm convinced the abductor knew JR, Audrey maybe only remotely. Brawley could be a red herring and I think the perp is most likely from the Coachella area. Considering the scents were tracked from the parked vehicle, there was proof of life thus far when it was abandoned late thursday or early friday morning. If they are deceased, their bodies could be in or around the Beaumont area. I also believe this was carried out by more than one and perhaps a group of individuals. The thing that will break this case will be the discovery of remains and/or for one of the perps to start talking.

That's an interesting thought...the only thing is that there are much shorter routes from Indio/Coachella to LV through the desert. I'm a local and we usually drive up through Yucca Valley past Joshua Tree National Park through the Mojave preserve. It's a lot of back roads but that's the way most locals go I'd say. There's also another route that starts in Indio and goes up the hills past Bullhead City. I believe it's the 40. Either way, those routes are faster than taking the I-10 all the way through San Bernardino to the 15. If the person who left Audrey's car in Beaumont was headed to Vegas, it's possible they needed to stop somewhere else out that direction, thus traveling the I-15 route.

Thank you. That's a great insight. But what if the person/s or person who did this weren't local? What route would they most likely take in that event? Maybe the person/s who did this were not actually all that familiar with Coachella.

It would be very interesting to know exactly which towers J&A pinged off of that day. East Coachella Valley appears quite vast.

On star can be disabled. Why wouldn't whoever did this, keep the SUV?

Money can't have been a motive here.

KMIR is having another investigative report tomorrow at 5 "Vanished Without a Trace: The Final Texts" where they will be interviewing the friends of JR and AM regarding their last texts and social media correspondence to see if there could be any clues leading to their disappearance.

KMIR is having another investigative report tomorrow at 5 "Vanished Without a Trace: The Final Texts" where they will be interviewing the friends of JR and AM regarding their last texts and social media correspondence to see if there could be any clues leading to their disappearance.

Thanks for the heads up! Here's the link to KMIR with the teaser...
https://www.facebook.com/KMIRNews/

Thank you. That's a great insight. But what if the person/s or person who did this weren't local? What route would they most likely take in that event? Maybe the person/s who did this were not actually all that familiar with Coachella.

It would be very interesting to know exactly which towers J&A pinged off of that day. East Coachella Valley appears quite vast.

That could be the case if they weren't familiar with the area. Maybe they didn't want to take a chance of getting lost on the back roads at night.

I still can't wrap my head around why her car was parked right there on the side of the freeway or that nobody noticed anything driving by. It's a very busy freeway, even at night. The perp could've originally been planning to take the car to X location and once they realized the car was equipped with OnStar, decided to ditch the car immediately.

OnStar can be disabled but it's my understanding that it's not too easy a task unless you're familiar with the process of locating and removing the right fuse. If the OnStar feature was noticed late it would seem more likely for someone to just ditch the car vs pull over, open fuse compartment, be crouched down with a flashlight attempting to figure out which fuse is the right one to pull etc... there's also a control box? I think that's what it was called but I don't recall if there is a standard location for that in all cars or whether it's easy to get to. I wouldn't think so for antitheft purposes. I had looked into this a while back when we previously discussed OnStar. Her car is 2010 so it's really not that new, not sure what changes OnStar has made recently but IMO in 2010 vehicle, might not so easy to disable.

That could be the case if they weren't familiar with the area. Maybe they didn't want to take a chance of getting lost on the back roads at night.

I still can't wrap my head around why her car was parked right there on the side of the freeway or that nobody noticed anything driving by. It's a very busy freeway, even at night. The perp could've originally been planning to take the car to X location and once they realized the car was equipped with OnStar, decided to ditch the car immediately.

If it was say 3 am it the freeway would not have been as busy. But they might have stood out even more. I just happened to drive that route a couple days before and the weekend after driving to and from Phoenix. If I hadn't known better and saw them or the vehicle I would have driven past and paid no attention. Probably even at 3 in the morning, because my mind would be on getting home, stopping to eat, getting gas, or in tune with the radio.

They could have pulled off at any exit but I think they were forced to pull over there. Somehow, for some reason. Not out of gas and the car wasn't broken down. The only other reason someone would pull over on the side of the freeway is if the red and blue are flashing.

Maybe?

OnStar can be disabled but it's my understanding that it's not too easy a task unless you're familiar with the process of locating and removing the right fuse. If the OnStar feature was noticed late it would seem more likely for someone to just ditch the car vs pull over, open fuse compartment, be crouched down with a flashlight attempting to figure out which fuse is the right one to pull etc... there's also a control box? I think that's what it was called but I don't recall if there is a standard location for that in all cars or whether it's easy to get to. I wouldn't think so for antitheft purposes. I had looked into this a while back when we previously discussed OnStar. Her car is 2010 so it's really not that new, not sure what changes OnStar has made recently but IMO in 2010 vehicle, might not so easy to disable.

I looked it up, it would be a challenge to disable for a non-criminal; non-car-jacker. But for someone who knows what they are doing, it seems like it might be a piece of cake. And that SUV was relatively new. A typical thief or someone looking to get money back for a deal gone wrong, would likely take the SUV.

With crimes like this, where money doesn't seem to be the motive (as far as we know none of their bank cards were used either), the other most common crime is against women. Just because the boyfriend was present doesn't mean Audrey may not have been the focus.

Just look at Todd Kohlhepp, and how irrational his crimes were. His crimes were totally unexpected, and we might never have known about them, or even suspected the guy, if [KB] had not been discovered. The only positive aspect to this theory is that there is a chance then of survival for at least Audrey, if not both of them.

I'm not suggesting that these two would be kept the same way [KB] was, but the area they appear to have been traveling through can be desolate in parts. Houses are set back. And there are miles and miles of like terrain in nearby counties and states--even Mexico.

I almost wonder if they agreed to give someone a ride. If they were being kind to someone.

But the facts point more to these two happening on predators, than to a basic car-jacking or robbery. And the way the SUV was left, the passenger side would have been a challenge to exit. It's parked so that the passenger side is on the hill, as if it had one person in it--the driver. And maybe the driver was part of a caravan of sorts, dumped the vehicle and ran to a nearby car, waiting for him/her.

Scent dog science is something I don't fully understand (thanks Ananomolly for the article on this thread, by the way, that was really helpful), but if you were to have had a fight with someone or a physical altercation, can you actually carry their scent enough so that a scent dog would mistake your scent for that of the party you had the physical tussle with?

The scent dog is given something of the victim's, right? So if they smell anything that is like the victim's scent, could they be smelling this from the perp, instead?

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....aw_enforcement_by_california_by_city_2012.xls

http://www.kmir.com/story/33274247/crime-trends-in-the-coachella-valley

http://www.kesq.com/home/desert-cit...-to-most-dangerous_20160920061344277/87443361

I keep thinking this and in order to get it out of my head I am going to post it.
Perhaps someone that had been in very close contact with Audrey & Jonathan drove the vehicle there. The dog may have followed the scent of theirs on him up the hill? He was waiting for a pickup and/or a place to hide if LE showed up before his ride.
Moo
Sorry if this may been posted already by someone else I try to keep up with reading but after so many posts a day and pages that go into a new thread I get overwhelmed.

I keep thinking this and in order to get it out of my head I am going to post it.
Perhaps someone that had been in very close contact with Audrey & Jonathan drove the vehicle there. The dog may have followed the scent of theirs on him up the hill? He was waiting for a pickup and/or a place to hide if LE showed up before his ride.
Moo
Sorry if this may been posted already by someone else I try to keep up with reading but after so many posts a day and pages that go into a new thread I get overwhelmed.

If you read the article on scent dogs, the trail up the hill may have been erroneous due to a time lapse and weather conditions. But I do wonder if the abductors tussled with Audrey and Jonathan--maybe there was even a severe altercation, and that's how the scent was detected outside the vehicle--that the perp had their scent on him. And if the dog wasn't given the something of the perps to follow, then he/she would automatically follow the chosen scent? Is that how it works?

I really find it hard to imagine that Beaumont is where this attack was initiated. Mostly because there's nothing in the phone pings to indicate that Audrey and Jonathan were in that area willingly, if, in fact, they were there at all.

If this was an organized abduction, the location of the SUV could be a complete red herring.

Annamolly posted this earlier: http://www.missingpetpartnership.org/lost-pet-help/find-a-pet-detective/how-long-can-scent-survive/

If it was say 3 am it the freeway would not have been as busy. But they might have stood out even more. I just happened to drive that route a couple days before and the weekend after driving to and from Phoenix. If I hadn't known better and saw them or the vehicle I would have driven past and paid no attention. Probably even at 3 in the morning, because my mind would be on getting home, stopping to eat, getting gas, or in tune with the radio.

They could have pulled off at any exit but I think they were forced to pull over there. Somehow, for some reason. Not out of gas and the car wasn't broken down. The only other reason someone would pull over on the side of the freeway is if the red and blue are flashing.

Maybe?

But why are they even in Beaumont? The fact that their phones don't ping anywhere outside the East Coachella Valley, which is south, even of Coachella, seems to indicate that they were forced to do something, go somewhere, prior to their vehicle ending up in Beaumont.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goldengoose1997