Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a link to the source that reports Jonathan's phone would only let him communicate via wifi? Not doubting it, just don't want to keep assuming this unless there's a source to back it up.

Also, Jonathan could have also had one of those prepaid phones, maybe to use in case he needed to actually call someone. Maybe he just used wifi for texting and social media since it's free.

I looked for confirmation and didn't find any. It comes down to deductive reasoning, and some of the mysteries around JDR's cell data that make this seem like a very real possibility.

The reasons it makes sense to me, that he would be on a phone app that allows wi-fi only, is that he was on a chat-app with his friends, as opposed to FB (although FB is becoming less trendy with young people, than it used to be, anyway).

The fact that LE has seemed so uncertain of his ping data, might be another indicator.

At this point we know next to nothing. So our only real tool here is deductive reasoning--if A = B, & B = C than A = C.

If JDR is on social media a lot (which according to friends he was), and he's not "pinging", then he has to be using a phone that doesn't ping.

What phones don't ping? Wi-fi only phones.

Does that make sense?

No one has ever mentioned a pre-paid phone, so who knows? Seems possible. But remember, Jonathan had to get a ride where ever he went, so he was probably often, if not always, with someone who had a phone that could make outgoing calls.

I don't mean for this to sound snarky, but how can mom or dad infer it was her when it sounds like it was a very simple text response and a random picture. I understand they want to believe the best for her, but anyone could type a response like "I am with Jonathon" and it not be Audrey. The only thing this does is show if it wasn't her, the person who did text that knew who he was and that the proper response would be to say she were with him.
The timing of that and the strange pings makes me believe they encountered trouble early on and that person possibly saw her mom asking where she was and sent that to not raise suspicion while they did whatever they intended. The picture may have been sent to even imply he was the perp(I do not think he was, but used as a ploy by the real perp), once her family realized she were missing/in trouble. This still has me thinking this was either done or set up by someone who knew one or both of them.

You could be right. Maybe the text was a ruse. But in all the missing persons cases I've followed, when it comes to the missing person themselves, loving, devoted parents almost always get it right--when it comes to that person. Not necessarily as to what happened. But these families were really close. And I trust the instincts of parents and loved ones, under these circumstances.

We know so little, here. Really. So again, all we can do is apply deductive reasoning and sort it out as best we can.

And maybe Audrey's parents aren't sure it was her. Maybe they are just hoping. I thought they seemed sure. But what do I know?

For me, it all probably went south when Jon wasn't texting/messaging his friends back. Even they acknowledged it seemed uncharacteristic of him. I wonder if it was around 7, or 9 when he met Audrey.

It would be interesting to know when communication ceased with JDR.

In a way, JDR is the more vulnerable of the two, even though he was in good condition and male. He's without a car in a location that probably doesn't have great mass transit, he probably didn't want to waste money on cabs, if there are even very many cabs in that region, so he was heavily reliant on getting rides from others.

If JDR was abducted first, did he get a ride from someone who seemed OK, but then turned out to be shady?

And even if nothing goes wrong until after JDR and AM hook up, how did JDR get from his home, to somewhere in the East Coachella Valley that evening?

For the sake of argument, let's say JDR is home at 6. Manages to not be abducted by the pizza delivery guy. Eats the pizza he ordered. If his friends didn't take him, who then gives JDR a ride to where he meets up with AM, a few hours later?

The roommate could probably tell if JDR did actually get his pizza. There would be trash, recyclables, left over.

So much we don't know...

It would be interesting to know when communication ceased with JDR.

In a way, JDR is the more vulnerable of the two, even though he was in good condition and male. He's without a car in a location that probably doesn't have great mass transit, he probably didn't want to waste money on cabs, if there are even very many cabs in that region, so he was heavily reliant on getting rides from others.

If JDR was abducted first, did he get a ride from someone who seemed OK, but then turned out to be shady?

And even if nothing goes wrong until after JDR and AM hook up, how did JDR get from his home, to somewhere in the East Coachella Valley that evening?

For the sake of argument, let's say JDR is home at 6. Manages to not be abducted by the pizza delivery guy. Eats the pizza he ordered. If his friends didn't take him, who then gives JDR a ride to where he meets up with AM, a few hours later?

The roommate could probably tell if JDR did actually get his pizza. There would be trash, recyclables, left over.

So much we don't know...

Pizza evidence would be what probably led to them looking into what time it was ordered/delivered and by who. That's probably the last person to see Jon that they can question so I'm sure they've been questioned quite a bit. Was he alone, what was his demeanor, did you see anything out of the ordinary etc etc.

I have some thoughts on pizza and meet locations times etc... I'll add on separate post.

Pizza evidence would be what probably led to them looking into what time it was ordered/delivered and by who. That's probably the last person to see Jon that they can question so I'm sure they've been questioned quite a bit. Was he alone, what was his demeanor, did you see anything out of the ordinary etc etc.

I have some thoughts on pizza and meet locations times etc... I'll add on separate post.

A lot of times though, they can't see beyond the front door. Plus they might deliver 1-3 dozen times a day/night, that's a lot of people to remember.

I want to know if there was more than one pizza ordered.

Throwing more spaghetti... sorry in advance I'll probably be all over the place!

I wonder if Audrey would have had any reason to not tell sis the truth about where she was going? Not because she was going to do anything illegal but just maybe not something older sis would approve of? But it's odd that she specifically said he was coming back from Brawley and "she was meeting him halfway or something like that" as per her mom on 1st KMIR special. I guess it's always bothered me that if the stigma of Brawley is that it's not too safe, or even if you want to go the agricultural route, did the sis ask about what he was doing there? I would imagine she would have questioned that like Brawley?? What the? ...similar to how people react to Compton (there's nice neighborhoods there but most people associate it with gangs etc as well). Did sis notice anything weird about Audrey's behavior when talking about this that might indicate she was holding ANYTHING back? Or maybe Audrey said she didn't know details, he just told me was going with friends and needed a ride home.

It's also really strange that Audrey said he was with friends yet all his friends seem accounted for and surely all have been questioned etc and they all say he had no other friends or any business in Brawley and one even says he doesn't "buy the Brawley thing". Then I think okay so how the heck would he get there in the first place? If he ordered/received pizza around 6 ate and took off with someone at let's say 6:30. Takes 1hr 30min from PD to Brawley (at the time now maybe faster that late?) let's say there by 8. Is it possible to get back up to halfway back between Brawley and Coachella by the time Audrey was supposed to pick him up? I think so right? She left her sisters around 8-8:45 so if they both left at 8:30, and drove 30min to meet point it makes it 9. That works right? Maybe?

So where would halfways be? If it takes approx 1hr to get to Brawley from Coachella, I'm thinking halfway is 30min. What's that far away? I'm not really sure what route she'd have gone but Desert Shores? What's that place like? Then again her phone doesn't ping that far out sooo....

Back to not being 100% truthful, Maybe she and Jon had plans for God knows what and she didn't think sis would approve so she said something that would take time like driving towards Brawley to pick up and then back up to his house. Perhaps she went straight to his house instead? Then maybe they met up with someone in Beaumont? That area is a bit random though, if they met with someone and jumped in their car willingly I would think they'd meet in a parking lot or something.

Then there's that darn picture she sent mom. It's SO random to me! Unless like a previous ws post suggested where maybe she sent to remind mom who Jon was? I don't think it's ever been said how long they've been dating. Then again, mom asked "where are you?" so with Jonathan and let me show you where we're supposedly at with this pic. I mean it worked right? Mom and dad didn't suspect anything to cause alert.

One more thing about the convo with mom. Moms full quote is "she text me from her phone when I spoke to her" so it seems definitely was via text and not phone call.

I don't think I accomplished anything with all this but maybe something will get someone's wheels spinning on here that can chime in.

Adding the video links again to back up anything I quoted above.

First KMIR
http://www.kmir.com/story/35785107/you-ask-we-investigate-mothers-of-missing-couple-demand-answers

Second KMIR
http://www.kmir.com/story/35830258/you-ask-we-investigate-missing-couples-last-messages

Just chiming in on here after this case boggling my mind. This is so rare and odd. The only thing that makes sense to me, given the car was ditched in Beaumont, is they were carjacked somewhere and left somewhere, then the car was driven by the perps to Beaumont where they could either walk to someones house or they could get another ride.
On the other hand, The Brawley story makes no sense. The whole thing is odd. Someone has to know who would take them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Throwing more spaghetti... sorry in advance I'll probably be all over the place!

I wonder if Audrey would have had any reason to not tell sis the truth about where she was going? Not because she was going to do anything illegal but just maybe not something older sis would approve of? But it's odd that she specifically said he was coming back from Brawley and "she was meeting him halfway or something like that" as per her mom on 1st KMIR special. I guess it's always bothered me that if the stigma of Brawley is that it's not too safe, or even if you want to go the agricultural route, did the sis ask about what he was doing there? I would imagine she would have questioned that like Brawley?? What the? ...similar to how people react to Compton (there's nice neighborhoods there but most people associate it with gangs etc as well). Did sis notice anything weird about Audrey's behavior when talking about this that might indicate she was holding ANYTHING back? Or maybe Audrey said she didn't know details, he just told me was going with friends and needed a ride home.

It's also really strange that Audrey said he was with friends yet all his friends seem accounted for and surely all have been questioned etc and they all say he had no other friends or any business in Brawley and one even says he doesn't "buy the Brawley thing". Then I think okay so how the heck would he get there in the first place? If he ordered/received pizza around 6 ate and took off with someone at let's say 6:30. Takes 1hr 30min from PD to Brawley (at the time now maybe faster that late?) let's say there by 8. Is it possible to get back up to halfway back between Brawley and Coachella by the time Audrey was supposed to pick him up? I think so right? She left her sisters around 8-8:45 so if they both left at 8:30, and drove 30min to meet point it makes it 9. That works right? Maybe?

So where would halfways be? If it takes approx 1hr to get to Brawley from Coachella, I'm thinking halfway is 30min. What's that far away? I'm not really sure what route she'd have gone but Desert Shores? What's that place like? Then again her phone doesn't ping that far out sooo....

Back to not being 100% truthful, Maybe she and Jon had plans for God knows what and she didn't think sis would approve so she said something that would take time like driving towards Brawley to pick up and then back up to his house. Perhaps she went straight to his house instead? Then maybe they met up with someone in Beaumont? That area is a bit random though, if they met with someone and jumped in their car willingly I would think they'd meet in a parking lot or something.

Then there's that darn picture she sent mom. It's SO random to me! Unless like a previous ws post suggested where maybe she sent to remind mom who Jon was? I don't think it's ever been said how long they've been dating. Then again, mom asked "where are you?" so with Jonathan and let me show you where we're supposedly at with this pic. I mean it worked right? Mom and dad didn't suspect anything to cause alert.

One more thing about the convo with mom. Moms full quote is "she text me from her phone when I spoke to her" so it seems definitely was via text and not phone call.

I don't think I accomplished anything with all this but maybe something will get someone's wheels spinning on here that can chime in.

Adding the video links again to back up anything I quoted above.

First KMIR
http://www.kmir.com/story/35785107/you-ask-we-investigate-mothers-of-missing-couple-demand-answers

Second KMIR
http://www.kmir.com/story/35830258/you-ask-we-investigate-missing-couples-last-messages

I had a similar idea to yours. I had wondered if when AM gets to JDR, wherever that is, if maybe they were invited somewhere on the spur of the moment. In rural areas like Coachella Valley most things close early, so maybe there was a small house-gathering or house-party that the two were invited to, and they decided to go. I think AM had work or school, or both, the next day, so I doubt she was likely to go to some big party. But when I've lived out in the country, after 9, what you usually do is hang at someone's home. Especially if you are watching your money.

And maybe they didn't know the people all that well. And something went down.

The reason a scenario like this might make sense, although I'm not sure either AM or JDR would go out this late on a weeknight, is that the usual evidence that you would have in an abduction / car-jacking, isn't there.

SUV seems untouched. But it does appear to have been deliberately left where it was. Almost as if it had been moved and then quickly abandoned.

Bank cards, untouched (although, I'm not certain LE has said if there was any activity on cards past the 10th--have they?)

I don't know if this would be in character for AM & JDR, or not. But that was actually my first theory of what might have occurred.

What about the theory that they thought they were getting pulled over by cops? Pulled over and come with us we're taking you in but kidnapped them? Would definitely explain the car pulled off and clean with no force entry etc. Wasn't that thrown around on here and if so anyone remember what the thoughts were? Or any thoughts on that now?

It doesn't explain the whole Brawley trip but maybe they were on the way to some house party as Gracie2112 suggested or something big sis wouldn't approve of... and then they got "pulled over"?

Man this story really gets to me. For every idea I read or come up with I easily have a way to shoot it down or doubt it. It's so crazy and literally all over the map!

What about the theory that they thought they were getting pulled over by cops? Pulled over and come with us we're taking you in but kidnapped them? Would definitely explain the car pulled off and clean with no force entry etc. Wasn't that thrown around on here and if so anyone remember what the thoughts were? Or any thoughts on that now?

It doesn't explain the whole Brawley trip but maybe they were on the way to some house party as Gracie2112 suggested or something big sis wouldn't approve of... and then they got "pulled over"?

Man this story really gets to me. For every idea I read or come up with I easily have a way to shoot it down or doubt it. It's so crazy and literally all over the map!

With all these missing persons cases, there is always so much we (the public) aren't told, or info. changes. Actually we know more in this case than in most.

I don't know if the theory that someone who was impersonating a cop pulled them over in Beaumont, makes much sense, because that would then beg the questions, if they went to Beaumont of their own accord--

ONE-Why did they go there? There was never any mention of them heading in that direction. That's about an hour or more from either one's home, and even farther from where Audrey said she was going to meet JDR, in the first place.

And TWO, why then, did Audrey only ping in the East Coachella Valley? All the news reports have been pretty consistent that it is the EAST CV they pinged in, not Coachella Valley. Again, maybe this info is wrong, and news sources will do this, they will repeat wrong info. from each other's articles. But so far, this fact has remained consistent.

If they were, in fact, "safe" until they reached Beaumont, then given AM's use of social media, I would have to think she would continue pinging all the way there. Our cell phones don't just ping when we call out, they ping when other's try to contact us, and when data updates come in.

(Millennials must ping like crazy given all the apps they use and how absolutely tethered they are to their devices. So many cases are being solved quickly now, because of this.)

The way the SUV is pulled over, looks more like a dump to me. And that spot is one of the few that is shielded by a small incline. What I suspect on that "dump" is that whoever did this (and I believe there has to be more than one person involved) drove the SUV to throw the scent off where everything actually did go down, and maybe it's more indicative of the fact that they were getting close to where they needed to exit, to either turn back around, or head somewhere they didn't want to have that vehicle in tow. I suspect there was a caravan of sorts, someone drove the SUV and someone was in another vehicle that the SUV driver got into after the dump. It does seem possible though, that J & A were in the SUV, held against their will, and then transferred to the other vehicle--maybe that explains what the scent dogs picked up on? If that makes sense.

For me it comes down to whether the communication between AM and her mother was legit. If Audrey's mother did communicate with her daughter, then it seems pretty clear that everything up to that point was OK. And there was just some miscommunication about where JDR had been that day, and who he was with.

If that contact is not legit, and someone was impersonating AM, then everything that happened earlier holds more meaning.

I personally feel that it's probable that AM and her mother did communicate that night, so I lean toward an unexpected event occurring, after AM texts (or talks) to her mom. But that's just a D.R. based theory, there are still so many possibilities as to what happened here.

Yes the text if it specifically said "I'm with Jonathon" may be a big stand out.
1st off his name is Jonathan, but didn't they refer him as Jon darling?
I am sure one could compare those texts to previous text to see if the mentions were consistent...
Could be media with erroneous reporting here as well.

Yes the text if it specifically said "I'm with Jonathon" may be a big stand out.
1st off his name is Jonathan, but didn't they refer him as Jon darling?
I am sure one could compare those texts to previous text to see if the mentions were consistent...
Could be media with erroneous reporting here as well.

This text or call between AM and her mother does seem significant. If AM is not the one using her phone at this point, it means that whoever abducted these two, did so very quickly and for whatever reason impersonated AM this one time only.

The logistics of this happening aren't great, though. AM is seen, in person, by her sister some time between 8 & 8:45pm on May 10. The call/text with her mother happens some time after 8 (it's unclear the exact time but AM's mother must know, because this would be time-stamped on her phone). So this gives AM just enough time to drive to where she believes JDR is. Maybe 10 minutes, or was it more?

Then whoever abducts these two has to think to impersonate AM. But why impersonate her at all? Why not just let her phone go to voicemail, like it does after this call?

And if AM is impersonated this soon after leaving her sister's place, then was JDR actually abducted earlier?

Why would someone go to all this trouble? Why commit two separate abductions, each risky, where there is no monetary gain???

It just makes more sense to me that this was random. That whatever occurs happens after JDR and AM meet up. Wrong place, wrong time.

This text or call between AM and her mother does seem significant. If AM is not the one using her phone at this point, it means that whoever abducted these two, did so very quickly and for whatever reason impersonated AM this one time only.

The logistics of this happening aren't great, though. AM is seen, in person, by her sister some time between 8 & 8:45pm on May 10. The call/text with her mother happens some time after 8 (it's unclear the exact time but AM's mother must know, because this would be time-stamped on her phone). So this gives AM just enough time to drive to where she believes JDR is. Maybe 10 minutes, or was it more?

Then whoever abducts these two has to think to impersonate AM. But why impersonate her at all? Why not just let her phone go to voicemail, like it does after this call?

And if AM is impersonated this soon after leaving her sister's place, then was JDR actually abducted earlier?

Why would someone go to all this trouble? Why commit two separate abductions, each risky, where there is no monetary gain???

It just makes more sense to me that this was random. That whatever occurs happens after JDR and AM meet up. Wrong place, wrong time.

How do we know there wasn't monetary gain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do we know there wasn't monetary gain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neither JDR or AM seem to have been "wealthy". AM had a job, but she was also in school and living at home. JDR didn't even have a vehicle. There has been no report as to whether their ATM cards were used, but even if they were-how much money are we talking about? And the SUV, which does have value, was basically left untouched.

There could be money we are unaware of. Or perhaps there is a human trafficking angle (doubtful).

But if there is a monetary gain here, it's not obvious.

I can't say anything for certain. Just going by the scant evidence available to us.

I lean toward this being a random crime of opportunity, because, if this crime was random, there is the chance that someone may have thought there might be financial gain, and found out too late that there wasn't. But then they have two people who can identify them.

I just don't see these two being targeted for money by someone who knew them. And I almost have to think that if there are two separate abductions and all this impersonating going on--in that event--the perp would probably have known both victims, somewhat well.

But again, why go to ALL that trouble? For what reason would anyone do this?

Well, if the whole Brawley story were true and she was supposed to meet him halfway then it's roughly a 30min drive. Which IF it's the case that she went to this meet spot to get him and that's when things took a turn then it may have happened wherever "halfway" is.

Well, if the whole Brawley story were true and she was supposed to meet him halfway then it's roughly a 30min drive. Which IF it's the case that she went to this meet spot to get him and that's when things took a turn then it may have happened wherever "halfway" is.

This next is something we will probably never know until JDR and AM are found, but I wonder if when AM's phone was texting/calling her mother's that evening, if pings indicate she was in movement--as in driving--with pings hitting different towers as she went. Or if the pinging indicates she was stationary.

If the pings travel, then that call may have been a ruse, because I don't think AM would text and drive given Cali laws. (But someone with her phone, might be a passenger and doing this) But if pings indicate the caller was stationary, that points more to her making the call herself. It's more in keeping with a scenario that she meets up with JDR. and while there her mother calls or texts asking where she is, and she tells her mother not to worry, she is with JDR.

So in that event, it's AFTER this call that something goes down.

This next is something we will probably never know until JDR and AM are found, but I wonder if when AM's phone was texting/calling her mother's that evening, if pings indicate she was in movement--as in driving--with pings hitting different towers as she went. Or if the pinging indicates she was stationary.

If the pings travel, then that call may have been a ruse, because I don't think AM would text and drive given Cali laws. (But someone with her phone, might be a passenger and doing this) But if pings indicate the caller was stationary, that points more to her making the call herself. It's more in keeping with a scenario that she meets up with JDR. and while there her mother calls or texts asking where she is, and she tells her mother not to worry, she is with JDR.

So in that event, it's AFTER this call that something goes down.

She's a millennial, so it's not out that she'd text and drive. I see it ALL the time. In fact I don't think I've ever been on the road and not seen at least one person on their phone.

I'm curious about how many pings and in which direction they think she went based on that. They only officially report her last ping. I'm pretty sure reports are that they believe they did in fact meet up so I wonder how they came to that conclusion? Though I guess just the fact that they're both gone would lead them to that?

But there is still the question, if JDR is home at 6pm, how does he get to where ever it is that he meets AM?

No mention has been made of someone giving him a ride, other than this perplexing reference to Brawley.

There is a bus that goes this route, but I bet it's not frequent or convenient.

Would he take a cab?

Did he get a ride with someone he only knows in passing?

Was he forced to go somewhere?

Every time I feel convinced this was a random crime, that nagging question pops right back up--a riddle, wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141