Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 #2 *4 arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So from 8-- since she left her sisters house till midnight when her phone was turn off or died .........her phone was only in East Coachella?

Pure speculation, but since her phone never pinged outside her last known destination, maybe she turned it off, and maybe his got tossed. That lends a little credence to the voluntary disappearance theory. If he was using a wifi only or a throwaway phone you get at a store that's "untraceable" (everything is traceable) but that was prepaid, maybe that's how he was texting and using data. You can get smartphones at Walmart that way now. I'm not exactly sure how the carrier works or what information you have to give to activate the phone but I know they're advertised as "prepaid" and "no credit required." Just a thought.

You don't need to provide proof of anything for prepaid, all info can be bogus. For example, name is required to activate but people would say Mickey Mouse and that's what we'd enter in the system. I don't manage on the wireless side anymore so I'm not sure what's changed in the past couple years but back then you couldn't have iPhone on prepaid. That was before we did away with iPhone specific data plans though.

Speaking of iPhones, wireless plans are not required to have wifi function which allows text on iMessage. All you need is a SIM (even if not active) to be in the phone.

I haven't seen any videos or pictures that show Audrey's phone but judging from the 2nd KMIR special with Kitty, when Audrey's friend shows her text convo it shows her texts in blue and Audrey's in gray which indicate iPhone to iPhone text vs if Audrey had an Android, the friends text would appear in green. I wonder if they've tried hacking into her iTunes or anything like that so they could check for location. I know getting that info from Apple takes moving mountains but maybe if the family tried they'd get a last location logged for her.

Another day for the sun to rise over the Coachella Valley that will hopefully shine on some clues that will reveal answers. Some individual out there has those answers. They'll be found, sure enough.

she left the sisters around 8:45pm I believe

Nothing certain on that. The NAMUS reports states that the "DATE LAST SEEN" for AM was May 10, 2017, @ 8:47 PM. Who knows if that was the time her sister saw her, or if this is the last contact she had with her mother.

I think all we really can know, with any degree of certainty, is that around that time, AM is thought to either be on the way to JDR or has picked JDR up and was with him. And that there is no further contact by phone with AM and anyone else--after she has contact with her mother.

And AM never pings in Beaumont. So however it is that her SUV gets to Beaumont, her phone wasn't pinging there when the SUV arrived in that vicinity.

There are too many variables in the reports to know where exactly AM did ping that night. Only that her phone doesn't ping again, anywhere, after midnight on the 10th.

Namus doesn't give a time for when JDR was last seen, only a date.

And I don't think it's unusual for there to be gaps in people's lives. If AM and JDR were spending a good deal of time together, they might know each other's schedules better than even friends might. But unfortunately they are both missing.

That is not an official site. They obtain their information from third party sources.

I figured. It must be for profit. Too many adds. But the posting includes one of the earliest official reports from Indio LE--which was posted on the Indio LE FB page May 15.

Another angle if this was an abduction by perpetrators, there could have been a network involved and they were contacted to dump the vehicle, and or the couple(reasoning for the scent by dogs), if you look at the google map, one could see a potential route... drop along the way..... crazy business.
attachment.php
Contniuing where I left here, there is a incident where 4 guys were arrested after an attempted murder in Cat City in a bar the other night. They arrested 4 peeps in banning, the incident happened in Cat City....
http://www.kmir.com/story/35998090/...rder-suspects-detained-at-banning-gas-station

I't s a possibility there is inter city network and the affiliates with each group.
Reason being is there was a round up of some peeps prior that was surprising, to me that gives evidence of an network.
One can read about one major network and many many affiliated groups.
https://patch.com/california/bannin...rs-arrested-as-police-sweep-san-gorgonio-pass

The importance of this case in priority to LE is unknown, it's easy for me to focus on one case, a luxury of workload for sure, but if the 4 guys picked up Friday had anything or any knowledge of involvement is a great opportunity for LE to explore, interviews of each individual, cell phones numbers , messages, text. Everyone makes mistakes, even perpetrators, LE has another opportunity to take a look to see if thy are tied to this case in any way shape or form.....

Contniuing where I left here, there is a incident where 4 guys were arrested after an attempted murder in Cat City in a bar the other night. They arrested 4 peeps in banning, the incident happened in Cat City....
http://www.kmir.com/story/35998090/...rder-suspects-detained-at-banning-gas-station

I't s a possibility there is inter city network and the affiliates with each group.
Reason being is there was a round up of some peeps prior that was surprising, to me that gives evidence of an network.
https://patch.com/california/bannin...rs-arrested-as-police-sweep-san-gorgonio-pass

The importance of this case in priority to LE is unknown, it's easy for me to focus on one case, a luxury of workload for sure, but if the 4 guys picked up Friday had anything or any knowledge of involvement is a great opportunity for LE to explore, interviews of each individual, cell phones numbers , messages, text. Everyone makes mistakes, even perpetrators, LE has another opportunity to take a look to see if thy are tied to this case in any way shape or form.....

Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

In most "gang"-related shootings, or a shooting that stems from a fight, the victim drops where they are shot. There are usually no attempts made to orchestrate a ruse. I was looking at the Coroners reports for Riverside County in general, and most altercations and murders are right out there in the open. No subterfuge. The cases where someone is hidden when killed are not the norm.

What is unusual about this disappearance is how much effort may have gone into hiding the fact that something happened to these two. And I state "may" have gone into hiding what happened. Obviously I don't know what happened.

I don't follow all that many missing persons cases, but in the two others I've followed over the years---Jennifer Kesse and the McStay family murders, in both of these cases the vehicles of the missing appear to have been abandoned in areas away from where the crime was comitted, in an attempt to throw the investigation off.

Don't know if this is the case here. But the question that haunts me most, on this particular case is:

Why was the SUV abandoned on that specific spot on I-10? Why there? There are miles and miles and miles of other, maybe better spots to park that vehicle. Why abandon it there?

Thank you again for all the detail of the area and crimes in the vicinity. It helps get a perspective on the area in general.

Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

In most "gang"-related shootings, or a shooting that stems from a fight, the victim drops where they are shot. There are usually no attempts made to orchestrate a ruse. I was looking at the Coroners reports for Riverside County in general, and most altercations and murders are right out there in the open. No subterfuge. The cases where someone is hidden when killed are not the norm.

What is unusual about this disappearance is how much effort may have gone into hiding the fact that something happened to these two. And I state "may" have gone into hiding what happened. Obviously I don't know what happened.

I don't follow all that many missing persons cases, but in the two others I've followed over the years---Jennifer Kesse and the McStay family murders, in both of these cases the vehicles of the missing appear to have been abandoned in areas away from where the crime was comitted, in an attempt to throw the investigation off.

Don't know if this is the case here. But the question that haunts me most, on this particular case is:

Why was the SUV abandoned on that specific spot on I-10? Why there? There are miles and miles and miles of other, maybe better spots to park that vehicle. Why abandon it there?

I think there may have been less thought put into where the vehicle was left than you think. Vehicles are often abandoned in missing persons cases. It's quite common, actually, and not at all an indicator of foul play. That's not to say that they weren't victims of foul play, but I don't know that the vehicle abandonment has as much importance as is being laid on it. It just happens to be one of the only "knowns" in this case.

Does anybody know if the emergency lights were left on?
Sometimes I see cars abandon in the freeway and sometimes I see them with the emergency lights on indicating the driver might come back or is looking for assistance.

Nothing certain on that. The NAMUS reports states that the "DATE LAST SEEN" for AM was May 10, 2017, @ 8:47 PM. Who knows if that was the time her sister saw her, or if this is the last contact she had with her mother.

I think all we really can know, with any degree of certainty, is that around that time, AM is thought to either be on the way to JDR or has picked JDR up and was with him. And that there is no further contact by phone with AM and anyone else--after she has contact with her mother.

And AM never pings in Beaumont. So however it is that her SUV gets to Beaumont, her phone wasn't pinging there when the SUV arrived in that vicinity.

There are too many variables in the reports to know where exactly AM did ping that night. Only that her phone doesn't ping again, anywhere, after midnight on the 10th.

Namus doesn't give a time for when JDR was last seen, only a date.

And I don't think it's unusual for there to be gaps in people's lives. If AM and JDR were spending a good deal of time together, they might know each other's schedules better than even friends might. But unfortunately they are both missing.

I think his roommate was the last to see him..when she left for work

You are correct; at least that's what came out in the KMIR news video done at the end of June. See Post #727 in the first thread - second video in the old post.

If they know he ordered a pizza, they must have talked to the delivery person. Right?? Like isn't it really easy to track down a delivery person if they know he ordered pizza? Even if it was just a pizza box with no company info on it, it can't be that hard to narrow down. Go to the pizzerias within the delivery radius and ask who accepted the pizza. Idk it seems like there's so much LE is not saying and it's really frustrating. I feel like they know a lot of info that would probably debunk a lot of our theories but they aren't releasing anything.

If they know he ordered a pizza, they must have talked to the delivery person. Right?? Like isn't it really easy to track down a delivery person if they know he ordered pizza? Even if it was just a pizza box with no company info on it, it can't be that hard to narrow down. Go to the pizzerias within the delivery radius and ask who accepted the pizza. Idk it seems like there's so much LE is not saying and it's really frustrating. I feel like they know a lot of info that would probably debunk a lot of our theories but they aren't releasing anything.

*speculation* LE probably did attempt to talk to the drivers on shift that night. As many deliveries as they make in a weekend, an unremarkable pizza delivery to an apartment complex would be sketchy at best. Think about it- a pizza delivery is at most a 30 second interaction and then they're on their way. A month later a detective asks you to ask you what you remember about a specific delivery? That'd be tough. I would delve into the problems with eyewitnesses but that's another can of worms.

Wonder why we've never heard anything more about Aaron -- the person who kept texting AM's mom saying he/she knew exactly where AM and JDR were. Couldn't someone -- LE or mom's carrier -- trace the sender. I'm assuming Aaron was a cruel hoaxer, but it would nice to know he/she was caught and shut down.

I think there may have been less thought put into where the vehicle was left than you think. Vehicles are often abandoned in missing persons cases. It's quite common, actually, and not at all an indicator of foul play. That's not to say that they weren't victims of foul play, but I don't know that the vehicle abandonment has as much importance as is being laid on it. It just happens to be one of the only "knowns" in this case.

I think so much focus is being put on this is the location of the abandonment and not just the abandonment itself. Why not a gas station, shopping mall, side street or deserted lot? This together with the scents being tracked leads me to believe it was left by AM and JR because it's such a peculiar ending. It doesn't seem purposeful but more like the result of get the **** out now and run, like no other option.

Some thoughts. This is pure speculation on my part. For starters, the 8:47 time is very specific and bothersome. In my opinion, it's a timestamp from something that can most likely be traced back to security footage that probably has AM on camera. We don't know if the sister lived in a apartment complex or home, but I'm betting on the latter.

Knowing that AM worked at a storage facility (I believe it was near in the same town of Palm Desert that JR lives), most or all of them close at 6 PM. I can't help but think about this being the same time that JR received - or ordered - pizza. The timing may not be coincidental. JR my have been anticipating AM's arrival after work. But where was AM between leaving work and getting to her sister's? Did she hang around work since JR was supposedly on his way to/from Brawley? She my have not been home since leaving work as her mom was texting her seemingly out of concern for her whereabouts.

There are some huge gaps in these 2 to 3 hours (6 hours if we include the "midnight" phone silence) that are unaccounted for and troublesome.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member