Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 #2 *4 arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the pic of AM's SUV the vehicle is parked up against an embankment (see below); are there other spots on this stretch of I-10 that have an embankment like this?

attachment.php

In regard to the hotel, gas station, etc., is this one of the few spots on that stretch where you can stop for gas and possibly find a room for the night? Or are there many spots like this in the Banning/Beaumont area?

once you get east of palm spring it starts getting populated..the car was found right after two major freeways combine, the 10 and the 60.

once you get east of palm spring it starts getting populated..the car was found right after two major freeways combine, the 10 and the 60.

Does traffic become less or more populated at this intersection? And how many places on I-10 are easy to exit directly to a place for food, gas and lodging? If you were making a trip from the south, would there be better places to stop for gas? Or are there a lot of these places, so it doesn't really make much of a difference?

This embankment seems really steep and high. Are there a lot of places on I-10 with embankments like this?

attachment.php

Attachments

• AM SUV with embankment.jpg
    AM SUV with embankment.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 178
There is no source for this. It was only a theory, that seemed plausible given the near radio-silence from LE regarding JDR's phone pings. It was never suggested that JDR had a "satellite" phone. Any phone can be turned into Wi-fi only. All it takes is an app. And there are a number of these apps. Google makes the most popular of these apps, I believe.

But again, there has never been a news article or report that states what kind of phone service JDR had. We just don't know.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/3-android-apps-for-wi-fi-calling-with-google-voice/

https://forums.androidcentral.com/a...w-send-free-text-messages-over-wifi-only.html

It was suggested by OffDutyCriminologist that he could have had a satellite phone.

Yes any smart phone can be wi-fi only. You don't need an app for it, you just turn off cellular data. My young niece uses my old iPhone4 to watch youtube videos when she is connected to wifi. She can't use it to make regular calls but she can FaceTime if she is on wifi.

Anyway, it seems like some people are talking about his phone as if it was a stated fact, which can be confusing for people who are just catching up on the case.

There is no source for this. It was only a theory, that seemed plausible given the near radio-silence from LE regarding JDR's phone pings. It was never suggested that JDR had a "satellite" phone. Any phone can be turned into Wi-fi only. All it takes is an app. And there are a number of these apps. Google makes the most popular of these apps, I believe.

But again, there has never been a news article or report that states what kind of phone service JDR had. We just don't know.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/3-android-apps-for-wi-fi-calling-with-google-voice/

https://forums.androidcentral.com/a...w-send-free-text-messages-over-wifi-only.html

I suggested he had a satellite phone.

Satellite phones are not cheap and the cost per minute is high. I doubt he was using one. He didnt even have a job or car.

It was suggested by OffDutyCriminologist that he could have had a satellite phone.

Yes any smart phone can be wi-fi only. You don't need an app for it, you just turn off cellular data. My young niece uses my old iPhone4 to watch youtube videos when she is connected to wifi. She can't use it to make regular calls but she can FaceTime if she is on wifi.

Anyway, it seems like some people are talking about his phone as if it was a stated fact, which can be confusing for people who are just catching up on the case.

We really don't know anything about JDR's phone. It's even unclear if LE was able to track pinging from it--which I think is why the wifi only theory was brought forward.

I agree. We should be very clear about what is theory and what has substantiation from a reliable source.

We really don't know anything about JDR's phone. It's even unclear if LE was able to track pinging from it--which I think is why the wifi only theory was brought forward.

I agree. We should be very clear about what is theory and what has substantiation from a reliable source.

We SHOULD be very clear about what is theory.

Theories:

The car was abandoned in a specific place for a reason.
The car was abandoned for no reason.
The back window was down for a reason.
There was another car involved.
Jon only had wi-fi on his phone.
Jon had a cell phone and not some other device like a iPhone or Mac with iMessage on it.
Jon ordered Dominoes and not someone else.
Brawley is relevant.
Brawley is irrelevant.

Lots of theories.

This next is for those familiar with the area AM's SUV was found (and thank you by the way, for all the input-you are kind of our eyes on this):

I think I identified the spot where AM's SUV was located. It appears to truly be only JUST west of the Oak Valley Parkway exit--as in you pass that exit, and you are right where the SUV was abandoned (OVP would take you to the golf course, and to a Holiday Suites express.)

Then the next exit where it seems you would be able to get food, gas, etc. is 8 miles farther west (or north-west), and that's the Sandlewood Rd exit in Calimesa. At that spot there are about three gas stations and loads of fast food joints.

Is there any exit I missed? Is the Sandlewood exit the one that has been mentioned? Forgive me if you have already said. It's a little confusing.

He also only had wifi so no service period if not home or near hot spot. And there are some points even with a cell plan no service can connect while driving to there hppnd 2 me... him not responding must have been odd or have lasted for a while because the friends did say that they text the roommate asking about where Jonathan was I know I text my friends and they don't respond I don't necessarily text their roommate or sister bro and ask where they're at.. usually just wait until they respond or the next day so for them to get worried about it I feel like they may have to sense, know something was off something just wasn't right

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

That's exactly what I was thinking! When my best friend doesn't reply I DONT text her roomate. For me that's suspicious behavior unless they knew he was up to something sketchy during that time he didn't reply.

I believe the next exit would be Cherry valley Boulevard which is 4 miles further....

This next is for those familiar with the area AM's SUV was found (and thank you by the way, for all the input-you are kind of our eyes on this):

I think I identified the spot where AM's SUV was located. It appears to truly be only JUST west of the Oak Valley Parkway exit--as in you pass that exit, and you are right where the SUV was abandoned (OVP would take you to the golf course, and to a Holiday Suites express.)

Then the next exit where it seems you would be able to get food, gas, etc. is 8 miles farther west (or north-west), and that's the Sandlewood Rd exit in Calimesa. At that spot there are about three gas stations and loads of fast food joints.

Is there any exit I missed? Is the Sandlewood exit the one that has been mentioned? Forgive me if you have already said. It's a little confusing.

I agree with your assessment of where the vehicle was found. And, yes, there is an exit in Calimesa that has gas and fast food. It's a very common exit for people to take off of the 10. I've only stopped there once or twice, so I can't be much more specific. I cannot verify the name of the exit is Sandlewood but your description matches with the one I am picturing.

As far as the embankment where the vehicle is located, the embankment doesn't last for a particularly long time. There are some small up-and-down parts of the road in that area and the embankment is likely a result of the road passing through an area that happens to be lower in relation to the surrounding area.

I agree with your assessment of where the vehicle was found. And, yes, there is an exit in Calimesa that has gas and fast food. It's a very common exit for people to take off of the 10. I've only stopped there once or twice, so I can't be much more specific. I cannot verify the name of the exit is Sandlewood but your description matches with the one I am picturing.

As far as the embankment where the vehicle is located, the embankment doesn't last for a particularly long time. There are some small up-and-down parts of the road in that area and the embankment is likely a result of the road passing through an area that happens to be lower in relation to the surrounding area.

Thank you. I have some pics to post, but I need to organize them. I think they give a little "view" into why, possibly, that spot was chosen.

This "collage" is terrible, so I'm not sure how much use it will be. But what it looks like to me is that just before the spot where the SUV is abandoned, the vista is pretty wide open on both sides.

The same thing is true of I-10 just after that location.

There's this one spot, right about where the SUV is parked, where on both sides of I-10 you have a rise in the embankment (more so one the west bound side). And if the SUV was parked just past the two lamps, there might have been a sense, whether accurate or not, of being obscured. Maybe not. Only someone driving this route at night would be able to tell.

Once you pass the Oak Valley Parkway exit, there's not much reason to exit off I-10, until the Sandlewood Road exit 8 miles later. (And that might be significant.)

IF (big IF HERE!!!!!) this was an abduction. And whoever carried this out wants to leave the SUV in a place where they are least likely to draw attention to themselves. And they are least likely to be caught on surveillance---this might not be a bad spot.

I-10 then travels on to San Bernardino (the city) and beyond. But if I were going to plaster another area with Missing Person's Posters, I'd take a shot at that Sandlewood exit in Calimesa, and all the shops, restaurants and gas stations there.

Apologies in advance for crappy pics. Nothing takes the place of being there.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Collage SUV location.jpg
    Collage SUV location.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 265
Does anybody have a link to the actual facts not speculations. This thread is very confusing because there's a lot of information being shared with no sources.

Do we know actual facts about Jons cellphone or if he even had a cellphone plan or just wifi?

About the pizza delivery, from what I read previously Jons mom suspected but it was never confirmed???

Was AM purse left inside her car? Someone mention her it was left behind but I read on an article her belongings were not found inside the car.

Can someone please send a link to what information is true

IF (big IF HERE!!!!!) this was an abduction. And whoever carried this out wants to leave the SUV in a place where they are least likely to draw attention to themselves. And they are least likely to be caught on surveillance---this might not be a bad spot.

That's an interesting point...that embankment does obscure the view quite a bit.

Something that just gave me the heebie jeebies is that I just realized that Oak Valley Parkway turns into San Timoteo Canyon Road south of the freeway. That has chunks of areas off-road that don't necessarily get accessed a whole lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anybody have a link to the actual facts not speculations. This thread is very confusing because there's a lot of information being shared with no sources.

Do we know actual facts about Jons cellphone or if he even had a cellphone plan or just wifi?

About the pizza delivery, from what I read previously Jons mom suspected but it was never confirmed???

Was AM purse left inside her car? Someone mention her it was left behind but I read on an article her belongings were not found inside the car.

Can someone please send a link to what information is true

Article dated June 22, 2017, updated June 30

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/crime_courts/2017/06/22/jonathan-reynoso-audrey-moran/407081001/
Nothing significant or out of the ordinary was found in a forensic test on the SUV.
Reynoso and Moran's cell phones are missing and apparently turned off.
Cell phone towers never picked up Moran's phone calls outside of Indio and Coachella the night she disappeared.
No purse or wallet has been found. Police checked financial records but there was no suspicious activity.

http://www.kesq.com/news/police-provide-timeline-as-search-for-missing-couple-continues/500107517

dated June 26, 2107
http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...eynoso-audrey-moran-missing-six-weeks-n776671
Both of the couple’s cell phones remain missing. Investigators believe they have either died or were turned off. Neither phones pinged outside the Indio or Coachella areas the night the couple was last seen.

I think the pizza ref was in one of the videos but I hurt to much tonight to sit and watch them and get a time stamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove